Hatter’s South American Safari Chap. 10

Printer-friendly version

Hatter tosses another one of her playing cards into her helmet. She was sitting in her panties and a camisole. Shade was asleep behind her and snoring lightly. She wore him out during their lovemaking. She needed to feel his skin against her body and inside her body as well.

Coyote was asleep upfront of Rhino with Terry. The teenage girl they were taking back to their client, had woken up, and felt hungry. Coyote had tended to her. When he walked by her, he didn’t smell right. There had been something familiar to his scent that caught her attention.

She tosses another card into her helmet. She’ll be happy when they are back in New York. She missed her friends and Angel. She told Bart’s daughters and Angel she would be gone for a while.

She leans forward and takes all the playing cards that were inside her helmet and restack them. She puts a rubber band around them and places them back into her bag. She was feeling a little restless and slip her shoes on and exists from the back of Rhino. She didn’t bother to cover up her body.

She looks up at the night sky, a smile appears on her face. She has lost count of how many times she has wished she could be outside under
the moon when she was in the mental hospital. Her pale skin glowed under the light being reflected from the moon.

Hatter closes her eyes and center herself. She breathes in deeply through her nose and slowly exhales the air through her mouth, after holding it for at least ten seconds. She slips her shoes off and digs her toes into the ground.

She repeats what she just did when she feels a presence watching her. She slowly opens her eyes and spot Coyote watching her from on top of Rhino. His eyes were glowing as he watched her.

Coyote had woken-up when he felt the back door on Rhino opened. He had quietly moved towards the back-cargo area, where Hatter and Shade were sleeping. He saw the rear door open and Hatter walking outside. He climbed one of the ladders that led to the top hatched and climbed out onto Rhino’s roof.

He was curious as he watched Hatter center herself and start meditating. His curiosity had been piqued, so he watched her. He was surprised when she looked up at him.

“Who are you?” Hatter was looking directly into Coyote’s glowing eyes.

“Who do you think I am?”

“If I knew, I wouldn’t be asking you. I can tell you’re not some ancient Native American spirit.”

“I’m not a Native American spirit. I’m an ancient Aztec spirit, who has joined with a person who needed my help.” Coyote flips down from on top of the Rhino.

“Just as I am not what I seem, neither are you. There is a wildness and darkness about you. However, you haven’t let the darkness consume you.” Coyote walks around Hatter examining her.

“Being raised in a mental hospital and being tortured for ten years by a mad doctor. Tends to drive a person insane or kill them.”

“So, you embraced the darkness and use it?” Coyote watches Hatter as he continues to circle her. He could see that her aura had holes and black spots in it.

“Yes, I embrace the darkness, but I don’t let it rule me. Everything I do is to protect and help the innocent.”

“But you have killed people when you could have let them live.” Coyote stops in front of Hatter.

“I have only taken the lives of people who deserved it. They didn’t deserve to be treated like normal people are.”

Coyote could see that Hatter meant what she said. There were anger and vengeance in her words.

“Did you feel a person has the right to be judge, jury, and executioner?”

“If the situation warrants it, yes. I have no regrets about the lives I took. In some way they got off easy, being killed as fast as they were. A few of them deserved to suffer for a while for what they did to me and others.” Hatter follows Coyote as he circled her.

Coyote thinks about Hatter’s words and how many has he killed for what they did to him? How many has he sent to the great beyond?

“Now, that you know something about me. How about you tell me who you are? Because your scent doesn’t match whoever or whatever you are under that mask.” Hatter finally was able to place where she has smelled that scent before.

Coyote stops and looks directly into Hatter’s eyes “very well. Since you have told me some personal information about you, it is only right I should share some with you as well.”

Coyote removes the mask from his face and instead of a male looking face beyond the mask. There was the face of a young woman.

“YOU!” Hatter had a shocked look on her face, as she stood in front of Sister Myra Cavallero.

“My name is Maria Giménez. I go by Sister Myra Cavallero when I’m not Coyote.”

“Okay, how do you look so male when you are dressed as Coyote?” Hatter has seen what Sister Myra Cavallero looked like without her nun outfit on.

“The suit and mask were given to me by another that serves Coyote. He wore a similar suit to mine, except he was way older than mine. I’m not sure how it works, but it's like Coyote’s spirit is part of me. We’re two different individuals, sharing the same body.”

“So, you have a split personality? One half is you and the other half is this god coyote himself?”

“Yes, like I bet you have a split personality as well.” Maria could see the saneness and craziness in Hatter’s eyes.

“I’m just nuts. It was the only way I could survive what was done to me.” A smile appears on Hatter’s face.

“There’s more to you, just as there is more to me.”

“True, there is. I have come to terms that I may never be sane, because of the mental scars I bear and the physical ones to remind me of how I was treated. But how do you and Coyote coexistence together?”

“He comes out whenever there is a need for him. I can only summon him when I’m in danger or those around me are in danger. He has taken an interest in the young lady.”

Maria has felt how Coyote felt about the young lady. It was kind of unnerving to her.

“There is one thing I must ask of you.”

“Let me guess, keep what you told me, secret?” Hatter raises an eyebrow.

“Yes. The only reason I have confided in you is that Coyote wanted me to. He isn’t ready for other people to know he and I are sharing the same body.”

“Your secret is safe with me. I’m good at keeping them.” Hatter knew nothing could make her spill any secret or betray any friend.

“Thank you.” Maria puts the Coyote mask back on.

Hatter watches as the eyes flash and Coyote jumps up onto Rhino’s roof. She turns around and heads back into Rhino as well. She smiles as she sits down on the cargo bay floor and takes her throwing knives out to sharpen them.

up
132 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not much gets by Hatter

Samantha Heart's picture

She KNOWS when things are wrong. Either its just a feeling or her other senses take over. So do NOT try to fool Hatter she is TOO Smart for that.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.