Hatter’s South American Safari Chap. 2

Printer-friendly version

When Anika walks into the townhouse, she catches the scent of something wonderful cooking. She follows the scent to the kitchen, where she spots Aylin and Shade cooking. She could tell Aylin was in an extremely good mood.

“What’s for dinner you two?” Anika puts her briefcase and purse down.

She’ll wait until after dinner to tell Shade and Hatter that Jack has a mission for them. She doesn’t know if it is wise to send Aylin to South America. However, Jack did say that Terry was going, so she shouldn’t worry too much.

“We are having fajitas, Spanish rice, and refried beans.” Aylin looks over towards Anika.

Anika saw that there was a glow to Aylin. She hopes Aylin knew what she was doing.

“Is there anything I can do to help?” Anika doesn’t mind help the two of them.

“Nope, we got it, mom.” Aylin had already set the dining room table.

“Okay.” Anika takes her seat at the table.

Aylin and Shade bring in everything and place it on the dining room table. Once the table is set, the three of them sit down at the table and start eating.

“So, what do you think, mom?” Aylin looks at Anika.

“I think you did well on fixing everything.” Anika never tasted anything so good before.

The spices Aylin used to make the fajitas, rice, and beans were good. She wonders if the cooking classes Aylin has been taking taught her how to make fajitas.

“Shade, I have a mission for you. You can say no if you want too.” Anika looks at Shade.

“What’s the mission?” Shade was interested in it.

“Rescue mission. A businessman from Spain was on a business trip with his daughter when she was kidnapped. She was taken while he was in a meeting with the Venezuela government.”

“Why isn’t the Spanish government taken action?” Shade looks at Anika.

“They are, but by the time things get settle set in motion by them, it will be too late. So, A friend of my brother’s in the Spanish government is asking for help.”

“You mean uncle Jack is asking my boyfriend if he wants to do this mission?” Aylin looks at Anika.

“Yes, uncle Jack is getting a team together to go and rescue the girl.” Anika could see that Aylin was thinking about something.

“I’ll do it.” Aylin didn’t want the girl to suffer.

“Hey, your mom asked me if I wanted to do it.” Shade looks at Aylin when he says that.

“I know and I know you would say yes as well.” A smile forms on Aylin’s face.

“Your mom didn’t say you were going.” Shade looks at Aylin with a serious look on his face.

“She doesn’t need to ask me. I would do it anyway.” Aylin wasn’t going to sit this mission out.

Anika just sits quietly and listens to both teenagers. She knew Aylin would say yes, even if she didn’t ask her.

“So, mom when do we leave?” Aylin was ready to get started.

“First young lady, we need to get you a new uniform. Your current Hatter outfit isn’t suited for South America. Secondly, can either one of you
speak Spanish or Portuguese?”

A sly smile appears on Aylin’s face “Sim mãe.”

Shade looks at Aylin when she speaks “where did you learn to speak, Portuguese?”

“When I was in the mental hospital. One of the patients there spoke it. So, I managed to learn how from him. He missed his little girl, so I acted as his little girl.” Aylin wanted someone to protect her from the orderlies.

“You know, that’s three languages I know you speak?” Shade was impressed with Aylin.

“She is full of surprises.” Anika was proud of the woman Aylin was growing into.

“Alright, after dinner lets get you fitted for a new suit and select the weapons you two want to take with you. You’re going with Terry to South America.”

“Cool, he has all sorts of neat toys.” Aylin was excited.

St. Veridiana Convent, Yacate, Brazil:
Sister Cavallero couldn’t believe how many people Don Juan sent to her little convent. They had taken one of the cellars that had been used as storage and converted it into a communication center. They had satellite communications that were encrypted. They also had twelve new nuns that had joined the convent.

Don Juan had sent women that had some religious background that could easily pass as a nun. Some of the people he sent were either former nuns or female agents that volunteer to play the role of nuns. So, far she has managed to keep her alter ego Coyote from being discovered by the women. The woman that was the head nun, was a former model that had done some spying for the Spanish government.

Myra found out that all of them loved the hot springs that the place had. She was soaking currently in the basin to relieve some pain she was feeling. She fell three stories last night after interrogating a few cartel men. She found where they were holding the girl and if Don Juan’s help didn’t get here within the next few days, they were going to move her.

She had been personally contacted by Don Juan to pass a message onto Coyote since he didn’t know how to contact him. He wanted Coyote to meet up with the people he was sent down, at a certain location. Coyote had scouted the place and it was an airfield, that private pilots used.

There were a few hangars there. The nuns that were at her convent now, had come from there. She sorts of enjoyed the company and regretted it as well. She had to be careful of her other identity.

Don Juan said that help would be coming within two days. She does hope they come. She closes her eyes and lets the hot spring water relax her bruised muscles.

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you my Lady Dragon.

WillowD's picture

And thank you even more for making it a Hatter story.

Wait till Coyote meets the Mad Hatter

Samantha Heart's picture

What those two could not concoct with Terry's help has not be thoutgh of yet, but those 3 COULD think it up lol. So looking foward to what happens when hatter gets HER way lol.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.