Mole Hunt Chap. 22

Printer-friendly version

Hatter throws one of her throwing knives at the makeshift target she set-up. She couldn’t sleep any longer and woke-up at 0400hrs. She decided to get some practice in as she drinks a bottle of Irish Whiskey.

Terry and Dakota were checking over Nobel making sure his weapons systems were finally installed and ready. They had stayed up all night working on Nobel. While Terry was inside Nobel, he saw Nobel’s system come alive. He knew it had to be Morgana checking out Nobel’s weapon system and his drone. All the vehicles she has built so far, Nobel and Wraith had the two most powerful of all the drones. Both drones were built for combat.

Dakota notices Terry sitting in the driver seat of the Nobel watching as a system check was done. She was curious who was doing the system check.

“Who’s doing that?” As Dakota sits down in the passenger seat.

“Morgana. She has remote access to Nobel and Wraith.” Terry watches the screen as Morgana logs off.

“Well, I hope we're ready to take this Carl Herman down.” Dakota watches Hatter as she takes a drink from her bottle as she throws another knife at the target.

Hatter takes a swig from her bottle and walks over to removes her knife from the target. The bottle was half empty.

“Hatter, you might want to lay off the alcohol. You never know when we are going to be needed.” Dakota walks over to take Hatter’s bottle from her.

‘I’m fine. I can still kill whoever I aim at.” Hatter slips a knife into her hand and tosses it at the target.

It hits dead center “see, I didn’t miss.” As she walks over and pulls her knife from the target. She slides it back up her sleeve.

“Hatter, first I am very impressed with that throw. Secondly, what is bothering you? You never hit the bottle unless something is bothering you.” Dakota has gotten to know Hatter’s moods since rooming with her.

“Nothing is bothering me.” Hatter turns and walks away.

Bart and Anika:
Anika was woken when her cellphone beeped letting her know she received a new text message. She reaches over and grabs her phone. She notices the message was from Morgana. She notices it contained some satellite images as well. It showed four drone shaped objects surrounding a floating engine. She could see a shadow, but she couldn’t make out what it was.

A few seconds later, her cellphone beeps again and another image appears with an enlarged image of the drones. The shadow outline was shaped like a drone, but it just looks like a bunch of items hovering in midair.

“Terry and Mouse need to see this.” Anika gets out of bed and grabs her house robe.

Anika dials Terry’s number and sends the images to Terry. If anyone could make them out, she could. She sends a copy to Mouse as well.
Once Anika was done doing that, she hops into the shower and starts getting ready to go. She sends a wake-up message to Bart’s phone.

Bart rolls over and slaps his cellphone. He stayed up late after they got back talking to his wife. She was going to head out to Morgana’s place and help her with the nanites. His cellphone goes off a second time. He turns it off and stumbles towards the bathroom to relieve his bladder.

Once this mission was done, he was going to spend time getting caught up with his company and spending time with the girls. Once he has done his morning business, he heads into the kitchen and grabs a coffee.

He notices that Anika was in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee. He walks over and brews himself a cup.

“You’re up early.”

“I got a text from Morgana on our targets.” Anika shows Bart the text and images.

“Then, why are we still here. Let’s get the team and head towards them.” Bart was ready to end this.

“I sent Terry the image since he is our expert on drones. Morgana and her crew are still on overwatch.”

“Well, we need to take those drones out.”

“We will. First, we need to protect the Royals.” Anika finishes her coffee.

Mouse:
Mouse watches as her mother drives them to work. She had to explain to her mother what she did, even though she was considered an adult.
Her mother still wanted to know what she did. Her mother did get a laugh out of what she did to Count Rudd.

“So, do you think you're going to catch the last person?” Countess Charlotte glances at her daughter.

“Yes, ma’am. I think he is going to make his move sometime today. We’re sure he is going to use a drone or something to attack the Royals.”
Mouse knew the empty packages they found yesterday could be used to build drones.

“Well, you did well. Just be careful.” Charlotte never wanted her daughter in the family business.

Once they arrive at the SIS headquarters. Mouse goes down to her department and logs onto her computer system. She receives a message
from Gloria, Morgana’s friend. The message contained the latest intel they had gathered. While she is looking at the message, she accesses the classified protocol for tracking the Royals.

Mouse brings up the location she got from Morgana and dig through the records on who owns the property where Carl Herman was. A name pops up, as she the crosses reference it with MI 5 records. The property belonged to a relative of Carl Herman. A relative that is currently dead, but the property was still in their name.

She adds all that information to the files she has been keeping. That way, if someone was to look at what her aunt’s team did. They could follow all the evidence they collected and build a case against the preps. She felt sorry for Count Rudd after what Hatter did to him. The man had to have his testicles removed from the damage done.

Camelot Network Solutions:
Gloria was at her station reconfiguring another of their client’s computer systems when her top right monitor starts flashing red. She moves it to her center monitor and notices that Carl Herman were launching the drones. She sends an emergency text to all of Anika’s team members.
She also sends an emergency text to Morgana, so she could control Spirit, while she controlled Stardust ever.

Morgana was down in the cafeteria grabbing some breakfast when she received an emergency text from Gloria. The message read: He’s launching now.

“Damn!” Morgana just grabs a muffin, coffee and take it with her to her station.

As she rolls into the operations center “has launch already?”

“Yeah, I already alerted Anika and her crew and launched Spirit and Stardust ever.” Gloria was directing both drones to intercept the other drones.

Morgana rolls to her station “Stardust ever?”

“Yeah, I just named Nobel’s drone.” Gloria figures if Wraith’s drone was named Spirit, then Nobel should have his drone named.

“Transfer control of Spirit to my workstation.” Morgana plugs in and takes control of Spirit.

“Done.”

London, England:
Anika and her team received the alert from Gloria. A few seconds after they received the text Spirit and Stardust ever launched from Wraith and Nobel. They were heading off to intercept the other drones.

Terry looks over towards Dakota “you and Hatter take Nobel. I’ll take Wraith and Elizabeth can ride with me. Anika and Bart will take her Jaguar.”

Alexa had finished armoring Anika’s Jaguar and increasing the horsepower of the engines. She even upgraded her suspension and handling. Terry had added some extra protection to the jaguar.

Terry summons Wraith to Hatter’s warehouse and gets in. He goes by and picks Elizabeth up from the hotel, she and her wife have been staying in.

Elizabeth’s Hotel:
Elizabeth was finishing packing when she received the alert about the attack on her cell phone. She gets a second one from Terry, telling her to be out front. He was picking her up in Wraith.

Elizabeth looks at her wife “the team needs me. Do you think you can handle this the packing by yourself?”

Sara looks at her wife “go. I’ll finish up and be careful.” As she gives Elizabeth a kiss.

Elizabeth returns the kiss and grabs her guns. She also grabs her medical gear to take with her. just in case someone gets injured.

SIS Headquarters:
Mouse received the message from Gloria that the drones had launched. Which meant, the Royals were going to be in danger. She sends the emergency protocol signal to all the protection details for the Royal family. She alerts her mother as well. That way she could have MI 5 agents on their way to arrest Carl Herman and his crew after Anika and her crew take them down.

Mouse also clears the path for Nobel, Wraith and her aunt’s Jaguar. She tracks them on the camera system. She figures the drones will intercept before her aunt and her crew arrive at Carl’s location.

Camelot Network Solutions:
“I’m picking up four objects at treetop level.” The radar unit aboard Starduster was picking up the other four drones.

“Where’s the fifth one at?” Morgana was searching for it with Spirit’s instruments.

“I don’t know, but I’m attacking the others.” Gloria arms the mini-missiles Terry developed.

She gets a lock on one of the drones and fires. The missiles destroy one drone. Alerts start to flash as Starduster is attacked by another drone. Explosions erupted all around him.

“Damn! What are they using against Starduster?” Gloria manages to avoid getting Starduster hit.

Gloria uses Starduster’s minigun to destroy the small drones that were being released. She was glad that Terry had incorporated the same type of minigun she built for Wraith into Starduster. She gets a warning as another drone locks onto Starduster.

The warning signal stops. Gloria looks over towards Morgana “thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

Outside London, England:
Carl Herman and his assistants were piloting the drones when two of them go offline. Two drones he didn’t recognize had intercepted the two of the four medium drones. He managed to avoid them with the large one. Right now, he had it on autopilot heading towards its destination.

One of the drones looked familiar, but he didn’t recognize the other one. He tries to take the one he recognized out but couldn’t lock onto it. The dam thing was nimble and well-armed. He watches as the last two remaining drones are taken out.

He checks the location and condition of the main drone as it flew towards London and its first target. He was going to take the Royals out and their damn brats.

Terry, Dakota, and Anika:
A text message appears on the windshields of Wraith and Nobel. Both cars were in combat mode, which meant their HUD system was projected up on the front windshield. The message read: smaller drones took out, looking for the main drone. Gloria.

“Terry, can Wraith or Nobel locate the other drone?” Elizabeth glances over towards Terry.

“If we can scan the signal, they are using to control the drone, we could take control of it.” Terry connects with Morgana and Gloria.

“Ladies, can you use one of Jack’s communication satellites to scan for a frequency of the other drone?”

Camelot Network Solutions:
“We’re on it, Terry. What do you want us to do when we find the signal?” Gloria figures they could find it.

“Take control of it and land it. I want to see what Carl Herman built it out of.” Terry wanted to see how it was constructed.

“Gotcha, Terry.” Morgana searches through the list of satellites they had access to and located a communication satellite belonging to
Eruptions Telecommunications over England. She uses her access code Jack assigned her and logged into eh satellite. She uses the systems on board to scan for a cellular and radio signal that was sending signals back to carl Herman location. She finds the signal and highjacks it.

Outside London, England:
Carl Herman was watching the progress of the main drone when all of sudden he lost control of it. A smiley face appears on his controls with a bullet between the eyes saying Bang! You’re Dead. Have a nice day.

“Damn it!” as he slams the control for the drone.

“Terry, we have control. I’m landing it four miles from your current location. Morgana and I are sending Spirit and Starduster towards Carl
Herman and his men.” Gloria sends the coordinates where she was putting it down.

“Okay. I’ll head there to look at it.” Terry watches as the location pops up on her navigation screen.

Anika and Bart had been monitoring the communication between Gloria and Terry “go ahead Terry and take care of that drone. The rest of us can handle Carl and his men.”

“If you need Wraith, let me know.” Terry and Elizabeth head towards the drone.

Spirit and Starduster arrive at the location where Carl Herman and his men were hiding out. They spot several men with guns and a man-portable minigun. He fires at Spirit trying to hit it but misses.

“Bye, bye!” As Morgana launches a missile at him.

Starduster fires its minigun at the other men. Gloria was being nice and only shot their weapons out of their hands. Dakota and Hatter pull up first in Nobel and watches from the safety of him as another guy and Carl fire at Nobel. The bullets just bounce off Nobel’s armor skin.

Hatter opens the car door and throws two of her throwing knives at one guy as she jumps out of Nobel. She spots another guy and spins around, launches two of her throwing knives into the chest of that guy. As she was about

Carl tries firing at Hatter but is hit in his shoulder by Dakota. She had jumped out of Nobel, to protect Hatter. She had spotted Carl Herman turning to shoot Hatter in the back. She knew Anika wanted this person taken alive, so they could interrogate him down at MI 5.

By the time Anika and Bart arrived, the fighting was over. They see Hatter pulling her knives out of one guy chest. Dakota standing guard over Carl Herman and the drones from Wraith and Nobel protecting Hatter and Dakota.

Terry and Elizabeth:
Terry spotted the drone that Morgana and Gloria took over. The drone itself was crystal clear, like the drones Terry had made for the Black Knight. No wonder they were having a hard time seeing it. He could see inside that the drone itself was powered by an electric motor and was loaded with missiles and mini-drones. It also had an explosive device built in that contained the liquid explosives they came across.

“Damn, Terry. This guy built one hell of a drone.” Elizabeth was looking it over.

“I have to agree. Everything about it makes it nearly invisible. Since he was keeping it low, no radar unit would have picked it up.” Terry pulls his cellphone out and calls Alexa to bring a box truck and some tools to where they were.

Elizabeth takes a few pictures and sends them to Anika. She figures she and Bart would want to see this for themselves. She looks up when she spots Spirit coming back to land inside Wraith. She was still amazed at how Terry incorporated Spirit into Wraith’s body design.

Anika, Hatter, Bart, and Dakota:
Nobel opens as Starduster docks with it. The threat has been eliminated, so it wasn’t needed anymore. Gloria disconnects from it after giving it the shutdown code.

Hatter searches their pockets and takes whatever cash they have on hand. As far she is concern, they weren’t going to need it in the afterlife. When she comes to carl Herman, she kneels to look him in the face.

“You’re lucky my partner only shot you in the shoulder. I would have done a whole lot, worst.” As she stabs him in the other shoulder with a knife, she had in her hand.

Anika, Bart, and Dakota heard Carl Herman scream out in pain. They look over towards him and noticed Hatter with her hand on a knife in his good shoulder.

“Hatter, stop torturing the poor man.” Anika could see that Hatter wanted revenge for the guy trying to shoot her in the back.

Hatter looks at Anika and pulls her knife out. She cleans the blade on his shirt and stands up. Thirty minutes later, MI 5 agents and Scotland yards show up. Hatter hides inside Nobel with the windows tinted so dark, no one could see in, but she could see out.

Even though she was working with Anika, she was still a wanted person in England. Countess Charlotte Basset was working on putting her on as a special agent for MI5. Hatter watches as Anika and Bart talk with the MI5 agents and Scotland Yard Inspector that had come out.

Alexa and Terry:
Alexa and Terry and some of her people were dismantling the drone and taking it back to Alexa’s garage. Terry spotted several booby traps that had been installed in the drone. If it had been anyone else, other then Terry and Alexa, they would have blown themselves up.

“This is some nice engineering.” Alexa liked how the engineer of it had put it together.

“Your right about that. Carl Herman did a nice job designing this drone. Now, we’ll get a chance to reengineer it to see how he did it.”

They manage to get it loaded into the box truck Alexa and her crew came in. Once it is loaded, Terry watches as Alexa takes it back to her body shop for them to examine. She’ll make a report of how it was engineered to Countess Charlotte and Jack.

SIS Headquarters:
Mouse gets the all-clear signal from Anika. She sends the all clear signal to the Royals protection detail. She knows there is going to be questioned, but her mother would be handling that problem. She did her job and that was to help find the mole and stop the plot they uncovered.

Countess Charlotte Basset received word from her daughter and her little sister that Carl Herman had been apprehended and the drones he designed had been destroyed, except one. Anika informs her that their engineer is going to take it apart and will submit a detail report to her later.

up
196 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

1 more super

Samantha Heart's picture

Bad guy down too bad Hatter can't have her fun with him she would LOVE to torcher this guy lol after all that has been done to her who can blame her. I hope they can get her assingned to MI5 shes good with knives & if left to her own devices it won't be pretty when shes done with them if they are even left alive. As for the drone i bet Terry & Alexa have some very intresting info to reveal about it.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Not obsecure enough

Jamie Lee's picture

Carl may have made an almost impossible drone to detect, but he goofed in using a radio frequency that could be easily detected. Then again, he goofed the minute he went after the Royals.

Everyone should have let Hatter question Carl, he wouldn't have kept any secrets when Hatter was through with him.

So now who do they look for?

Others have feelings too.