Mole Hunt Chap. 19

Printer-friendly version

Elizabeth pulls up to Dakota’s and Hatter’s safehouse and head inside. She was greeted by Hatter with a knife landing in the doorframe as she walked in.

“It’s nice to see you as well, Hatter.” Elizabeth pulls the knife out of the door frame.

Elizabeth walks over and looks at the most serious injuries first. The slash across Anika’s abdomen was deep and required staples to close it.
She wraps Anika’s abdomen tightly, to give her some sort of support.

“You’re going to need to take it easy, Anika. If you don’t, you’ll tear the wound opened.” As she gives Anika a new black shirt to wear.

Anika had stayed still when Elizabeth used staples to close her wound up. They hurt as she did each one. She had fifteen staples holding her wound closed. The bandage Elizabeth put on her was tight, but she understood why.

Elizabeth moves to Bart’s injured leg and closed the wound. He was lucky that the knife had just hit the muscles in his leg, instead of the artery. If the knife had moved a little to the right, it would have nicked his femoral artery.

She wraps Dakota’s ankle. She had twisted it doing a roundhouse kick. As for Hatter, when Elizabeth went to check her hand, Hatter wouldn’t let her.

“Hatter, give me your hand, so I can check it.” Elizabeth looks at Hatter, like a mother looking at a naughty child.

“My hand is fine.” Hatter squeezes her hand and it hurts when she does.

“Lair, now give me your hand.” Elizabeth holds her hand out for Hatter to put hers in.

“Hatter, give Elizabeth your hand.” Dakota looks towards her.

Hatter cautiously places her hand in Elizabeth’s. She doesn’t trust doctors, not after what one doctor did to her. She hated them as a matter of fact.

Elizabeth noticed how bruised the top of Hatter’s hand was. She removes Hatter’s coat and saw another bruise where she must have been hit. The bruise was huge and when she went to lightly touch it, Hatter almost hit her.

Dakota stops Hatter from hitting Elizabeth with her good hand. She could tell that Hatter was in pain from Elizabeth just lightly touching her arm there.

“Breath, Hatter. Elizabeth is only seeing how bad the bruise is.” Dakota knew Hatter had a high tolerance for pain, but for her to react like she did, meant that the bruise must be bone deep.

Elizabeth lightly and carefully rub a salve on the bruise and on Hatter’s injured hand. The numbing and healing properties will allow Hatter some use of her arm and hand.

“Hatter, you’ll have limited use of your right hand. If you use it too much, your hand will lock up from the pain.” Elizabeth knew that Hatter was ambidextrous, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Hatter squeezes her right hand just a little bit after Elizabeth bandaged it. She couldn’t close it enough to throw a knife or one of her playing cards. She gets her needler out of her coat pocket and manages to squeeze the trigger. She manages to hit the wall with it.

Hatter puts the needler back in her pocket. She could still us her hand to pull the trigger on her needler. She looks towards Elizabeth with a smile on her face.

As Hatter was looking at Elizabeth, Anika’s cell phone beeps. It was a text message from Mouse.

“Located Count Nelson Rudd on way to apprehend him.” There was a mouse image wearing a police uniform after the message.

“She’s not a field agent.” Anika couldn’t believe Mouse was going after Count Nelson Rudd.

“Who’s not a field agent, Anika?” Bart was curious.

“Mouse. She’s on her way to apprehend Count Nelson Rudd.” Anika shows Bart the message she just got.

Bart reads the message and couldn’t believe Mouse was going after him. According to what Jack told him about his niece. She wasn’t the field operative type

Mouse and Count Nelson Rudd:
Mouse borrowed her mother’s car at the agency and was heading towards where Count Nelson Rudd was hiding out. Anika and her crew might have been able to accomplish apprehending Count Rudd, but where he was hiding out would have been a problem for them to get into.

She pulls up to the gate guard at the elite estate Count Nelson Rudd has been hiding out at. You had to have a membership with this group in order to get in.

Mouse notices that her old friend Rory Hastings was at the gate. She hasn’t seen him since her days with her old street gang.

“Hey Rory, long time no see. How have things been?” Mouse had a smile on her face.

Rory couldn’t believe it was his old friend Mouse “where have you been hiding these pasts few years?”

“I got in some trouble and decided to lay low for a while in Scotland.” Mouse hopes her lie will hold.

“Damn! How did you manage to escape being arrested?” Rory heard how the gang Mouse use to be in were arrested by an undercover MI 5 agent.

“I got word about what was going down and managed to hide till it was all over. So, is my membership still good?” Mouse hopes it was. She hasn’t used it in a while.

“Yep, your membership is still good. You remember the rules, don’t you?” Rory looks at Mouse.

“Yep, I remember the rules.” She smiles at him as the gate opens for her.

Mouse drives up the long driveway towards an old country home. The place was a hideout for criminals and a place where they could find
shelter. No one knew about it, because in order to become a member. You had to be sponsor by a member. Her sponsor happened to be the current owner of the place.

Mouse parks her mother’s car and heads inside the place. She was greeted by the doorman as she enters. She smiles at him and heads towards the lounge area.

She felt a little nervous being back at this place. As far as people knew she was either captured or died on the operating table. Most people didn’t know the truth about what happened to her. That is why she decided to come after Count Rudd.

She still had her membership to the place. Mouse looks around and spots the Count. He was with three women and was enjoying himself. A smile appears on her face as she walks over to the bar.

She walks over and orders a drink.

Mouse watches as Count Rudd enjoys himself and when he gets up to go to the bathroom. She follows him. While he is inside, she slips in
and shoots him with a knockout dart, while he is peeing.

Mouse smiles as she watches him crumple to the floor of the restroom. She was going to have a hard time getting the Count out of the
restroom. She walks over and manages to pick him up, after zipping his pants up.

As she is walking out of the bathroom with the count. She passes a few guys heading towards the men’s room.

“I wore him out.” As a sly smile appears on her face.

The guys just laugh as they head into the bathroom. She manages to carry him to her car with the door man’s help.

“Thanks, and here’s two hundred pounds, to keep quiet.” As she palms him the money.

Once she was in the car and away from the place. Mouse dials Anika’s number and hopes they can meet up with her.

up
188 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sounds like

Monique S's picture

a rather courageous mouse, going after the tomcat.

Maybe she should start using Jerie as a new "nom de guerre". *giggles*

Monique.

Monique S

Now that's just cold

Jamie Lee's picture

Taking down bad guys isn't always without cuts and bruises, or damage to their vehicles. More so against those desperate to not be taken.

But what Mouse did, that was just plain cold, not letting the guy finish his business before dropping him. But it worked, he was busy with his business and never thought he'd get it in the men's room of a secure location.

Others have feelings too.