Mole Hunt Chap. 17

Printer-friendly version

When Dakota and Hatter get back to the warehouse they have been staying at. Hatter strips out of her outfit and stands under the water as it fell from the shower head. Her skin was pale from years of being covered. She runs her hands over the numerous scars that were on her body.

Places, where her skin had been removed and the only thing left, was a thin onion-like skin layer. Reminders of what the doctor did to her at the mental hospital. She pokes at the healed areas where she had been shot at. She’s been lucky so far.

She just stands there and let the water cascade down her body. She still finds it hard at times to understand what happened to her. All she knows was the madness that was inside her head, kept her going.

Aylin washes her hair and body. She scrubs her skin, until it is almost raw. Once she was done with her shower. She slips on a nightshirt that had the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland on the front of it and walk into the small kitchen.

Her sensitive nose had picked up Dakota making them something to eat. She walks over to the refrigerator and grabs a beer.

Dakota notices Aylin grabbing a beer out of the refrigerator “aren’t you too young to be drinking that here?”

Hatter just looks at her “nope!” as she chugs it down.

Dakota just shakes her head as she finishes cooking for the two of them. She made sloppy joes and had the ingredients to make a small salad for the two of them. She knew Hatter wasn’t a picky eater. She ate almost anything you put in front of her. She knew Hatter’s favorite was pizza loaded down with a lot of pepperoni and sausage.

When Hatter finishes the first beer she took, she grabs another one and takes a little slower to drink that one. Hatter looks over towards
Dakota “why do you like Terry and what does it feel like when she enters you with a strap-on?”

Dakota was a little startled when Hatter asked that question. She looks at Hatter before she answers that question.

“I think Terry is a remarkable person and is very cute. As for how it feels when he uses a strap-on on me. Haven’t you ever masturbated or used a dildo before on yourself?” Dakota looks towards Hatter.

“Nope, never had a reason too. After the orderlies at the mental hospital raped me. I never wanted to experience what you and Terry do. It’s not because of them either. I’ve just never had the urge or desire to play with myself.” Hatter has never experience wanting to please herself.

“Haven’t you ever looked at someone and wonder what it would feel like to have them kiss you and do things to you?” Dakota watches Hatter’s body language.

“Nope, I have never had any desire or been moved in such a way.” Hatter takes a sip of her beer.

Dakota wonders why Hatter never felt like exploring that side of her body. She wonders if something went wrong mentally with Hatter in that
department. Could she have been turned off because she was raped, or could it had been because of what the doctor’s experiments did to her mentally?

Dakota finishes making dinner and set the small table in the kitchen for her and Hatter. Hatter had a way she liked her utensils set. She sits down at her place and looks at Hatter.

Hatter sits down at her place and the two of them start eating. She takes a bite of the sloppy joe Dakota made and liked it. She loved her salad and ate all of that. She had finished her beer and was drinking wine with dinner. Hatter knew Dakota liked wine with her meal.

“Do you think they are going to make their moves soon?” Hatter takes a bite of her salad.

“I don’t know, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

SIS Headquarters:
Mouse was glad her shift was over. Her mother wouldn’t be free to take her home, so she pulls her cell phone out and texts Terry to come and pick her up. She stays inside the building till Terry’s cab shows up.

Terry was just dropping off his latest fare when a text appears on the screen next to him. It was from Mouse and wanted him to pick her up at the office. Terry heads over towards Vauxhall Cross to pick Mouse up.

It takes him twenty minutes to arrive at Vauxhall Cross. He looks towards the front door to make sure Mouse was there. He spots her emo hair coloring as she comes walking toward the door of the building.

Mouse spots Terry’s cab and starts heading towards it. She liked the fact that she didn’t have to call her uncle Detective Allan Dubin to come and pick her up.

“Hi Terry, thanks for coming to pick me up.” As Mouse climbs into the cab.

“It’s no problem, Mouse. Where’s your mother?” Terry pulls out and starts heading towards Countess Basset’s house.

“Have you had any luck tracking down Gavin Raymond?” Terry glance’s in his rearview mirror towards Mouse.

“He’s gone off the grid. I have searched through every camera and database. I have even contacted some of my family’s contacts and they are
keeping an eye out for him.” Mouse sent an email to some of her family’s snitches and informants. She’s dealt with them before.

“Hopefully, you’ll hear something from them.”

Terry was halfway to Countess Basset’s home when the lights inside the cab start flashing red. The HUD system automatically switches on and shows several small objects tracking them. Terry magnifies the rear camera view and notices they were palm size drones. There had to be at least forty of them.

“Do you have any way of taking them out?” Mouse was concerned.

They feel the cab rock as several of them drop out of the air explode around them. The explosion rocks the cab as the force of it rebounds off the armor skin of the cab.

“I’m activating The Black’s Knight jammer system.” Terry activates the signal jammer.

Mouse notices she loses all cell service. She looks through the back window and the drones were still following them.

“Terry, that’s not working. They are still following us.” Mouse knew British military research and the United States were working on attack drones like this.

“I know, I can see them. The Black Knight isn’t equipped with weapons like Wraith or Nobel.” Terry wishes she had thought about equipping The Black Knight with better weapons.

“Why didn’t you put weapons on this vehicle?” Mouse couldn’t believe Terry would forget that important matter.

“I did, but they are mounted forward behind the headlights. The Black Knight is built for surveillance, not combat and even if I active Wraith. He would get here too late. How are you at shooting targets?” Terry tries to avoid another set of drones coming in.

“I’m not. I’m a lover, not a fighter.” Mouse could shoot a gun, but she wasn’t as good as her mother or her uncle’s and cousins.

Her weapon was the computer, not a gun. She could do more damage to a person or organization with a computer.

“Dam! A Bounty that doesn’t use a gun.” Terry was going to have to tell Dakota next time he sees her.

Terry looks for a route he could use to give him cover. He sends a message to Anika and Bart informing them of his problem. He weaves in out
of traffic avoiding the drones as they come towards them. So, far they have sent ten after them. He still had thirty tracking after them.

Anika and Bart:
Anika and Bart were out checking out a few leads they had when Nobel beeped letting them know a text message arrived. A small HUD screen pops up “under attack by drones, HELP!” it switches showing The Black Knight’s current position.

“Launching attack drones.” Anika activates Nobel’s attack drones and sends them towards The Black Knight.

Bart heads towards The Black Knight as fast as he could. The attack drones should reach them first. Anika tells Terry to change direction and meet them at a location she was familiar with.

Terry and Mouse:
The Black Knight rocks again as five more drones flew in and explode against the armor. Cracks were starting to form on the special design glass.

“Terry, how much damage can the cab take?” Mouse had changed position, so she could see what was appearing on the HUD.

“I’m not sure. The cab was built for surveillance. If I had to guess, maybe one or two more explosions.” Terry wishes he had Wraith right now.

Mouse notices as a message appear from Anika on the HUD display. She knew of the location Anika wanted them to head.

“Terry, I thought you said the jammer was on? How are we still receiving messages from Anika and Bart?” Mouse wasn’t all familiar with all the secrets of the cab.

“All the vehicles are linked and have a secure channel. I can send each vehicle a message. If I need to, I can send it by laser to one of
Eruptions satellites and down to each vehicle. That’s how I can remote into each vehicle from a distance.” Terry knew she would need a secure
channel for the communications and links if the jammer was on.

Mouse watches as five more blips appear on the HUD. They were green and flashing.

“Terry, what are those new blips?” Mouse continue to watch as they got closer.

“Those are Nobel’s attack drones. Anika sent them to take out the ones still following us.” Terry switches to the drone’s attack cameras.

The last twenty drones start exploding as the mini-guns on the five attack drones Nobel sent engages their target. Nobel’s attack drones were equipped with special design mini-guns, just like Wraith’s spirit drone was.

Terry turns the jammer off when the drones arrive. She watches on her screen that she loses two drones, but still have three left. Once all the targets were destroyed, the drones fly cover for the cab. After fifteen minutes they meet up with Anika and Bart in the Nobel at the location Anika picked.

Anika and Bart couldn’t believe the damage the cab sustained as it pulled up to them. They could see cracks in all the glass. There were holes
in the armor that protected the cab.

“God, what were those drones carrying?”Anika couldn't believe the damage the cab takes.

Terry pulls up near Anika and Bart, happy that they made it safely. When Mouse tries the left passenger door, it didn’t want to open. She tries
the right-hand side passenger door. It opens without a problem.

Terry gets out and when she sees the damage done to the cab “oh, Alexa is going to hate me.”

Mouse looks and notices all the damage as well. She notices the back and the whole left-hand side of the cab had chunks of the armor missing and holes. All the glass was spider webbed.

“Oh, man. I was so lucky.” She was glad the explosions hadn’t managed to penetrate inside the cab.

Terry looks towards Anika “Do you know your niece, doesn’t know how to use a gun like the rest of your family? Hell, I bet Hatter could at least shot those drones down.”

Anika just looks at Mouse with a questionable look on her face. She figured everyone in her family were gun experts.

“Hey, just like I told Terry. I’m a lover, not a fighter. Besides, I already have enough people not trusting me.” Mouse knew if she was as good as
for shoot as her cousins and other members of her adopted family. People wouldn’t trust her.

“How long is it going to take you to fix The Black Knight, Terry?” Bart was running his fingers along the veins of the broken glass.

“I can do a down and dirty repair in a few hours. I have replacement glass. The armor is another story. That is going to take a little longer.”
Terry looks at all the damage done. If he worked all day and slept very little. He might be able to get most of the damage repaired.

Even with Alexa’s help, the armor was the biggest thing. He will have to either replace or fill the damage areas of the armor.

“Do what you can and if you need help. Let me know.” Bart figures he could add some muscle to the job.

“Thanks, Bart. I’ll head towards Alexa’s garage and begin the repairs.” Terry just shakes his head at all the work he had ahead of him.

Terry takes Mouse to Alexa’s garage and switches to another vehicle to take her home.

up
199 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks like

Monique S's picture

the going gets tough!

Monique S

Guns and knives and Hatter, Oh my!

WillowD's picture

I seem to remember that Hatter has deadly accuracy and strength with throwing knives. If she does, I suspect she would rapidly get exceptionally good with guns too.

Someone after Mouse?

Jamie Lee's picture

Terry has been running around without encountering and trouble except traffic jams. But the minute Mouse is picked up they come under attack.

Was it Mouse they were after or both Terry and Mouse? Mouse could have been taken out as she came down to Terry's cab, so maybe two birds with several stones?

There is nothing wrong with being a lover, but Mouse needs to be a lover with teeth when necessary. Being able to use a firearm when necessary might save her life and another's.

Others have feelings too.