Q-Men (screenplay)

Printer-friendly version

I have always been a Sentai fan since I saw the animated versions of GForce (The Science Ninja Team) and Voltron and when SABAN brought it to the US in the form of Power Rangers, I had to wonder what if such powers were given to others who weren’t exactly “worthy”...but that’s another a story that I’m trying to complete. “Q-Men” uses a mix of Sentai, James Bond, and budding superheroes formed under former MI-6‘S “Q”.

They include: Kari—aka, Pyrotech, a hot-tempered girl with a chip on her shoulder due to having to deal with an idiot as her “super” even though she’s true hero who created the electromorphers

W.I.N.dell—An inventor who created everything to run on the Windows operating system...until the end, where he builds a tank that uses Linux

Marvin—He can see into the future, but only about five seconds.

Bill —possess super strength, but is incredibly clumsy...

Q “Quarter” —the former quartermaster for James Bond. Usually drunk and belligerent about everything. He only takes the four under his wing when Kari repairs his prized Aston Martin that was driven into the ocean by some double-O-idiot.

Anyway, this is the start, and a few lines of the script....nothing is complete, but science fiction/videogames fans may like it,
And yes, the script does use a “Viewtiful Joe” quote.

Another day starts in a bustling metropolis as cars cris-cros the intersections and people shove and shuffle their way down the street.

Except for one…

Except for a shady looking guy wearing all black—complete with cloak and face mask.

He steps out into the middle of the intersection and fires a strange looking gun at an oncoming car.

The car flips into the air and lands…like it would if it was flipped over.

No explosions

No ear-splitting crash sound effects.

PEOPLE look up and at the car…and they simply shrug it off.

MAN 1 OS
Whadda ya doin, pal?

The shady man throws the gun on the ground and takes out a boomerang.

He throws the weapon—it emits an ear-piercing screech as it slices through the air and tears an empty bus in two.

BUS DRIVER
Hey, you’re gonna pay for that pal!

The shady man shakes his head and pulls out a small ball.

He bounces it twice and then throws it long.

SLOW MOTION….

It bounces once…

A woman with a baby carriage looks up as the ball bounces toward her.

The ball bounces again…

She moves to pick up her baby.

The ball bounces for a third time…

A green field of light surrounds the woman and the baby carriage.

HYPER SPEED

A flash of light occurs as the ball explodes.

A shockwave shatters glass, flips cars around and shoves people to the ground.

The shady man turns, laughs hysterically and turns to see two spandex and leather clad “superheroes”:

“DYNAMITE JOE”—he’s the “super of superheros” and doesn’t let you forget it…and “PYROTECH GIRL” (KARI)—think Jennifer Garaffalo with an even bigger chip on her shoulders. Both wear spandex-like “armour”, gloves and helmets that obscure their faces: think “Power Rangers: The Movie.”

SHADY
Not you two again!

Every line Dynamite states is proceeded, followed through, and ended with multiple poses.

DYNAMITE
We’re here to shed a light on your shady activities!

Pyrotech girl, kind of follows him, but she doesn’t really care.

PYROTECH
Your reign of darkness is over, alright?

SHADY
Do you really think so? Shadows, get them!

From out of nowhere, literally, SHADOWS dance and sway into existence.

The shadows appear to be black-clothed and spandex-like monsters.

DYNAMITE
Hi-ya!

Dynamite Joe flips into action with hands and feet moving at lightning paced, wire-assisted kung-fu like action.

Pyrotech Girl pulls out a laser and starts firing.

Shady runs away from the scene.

Pyrotech chases after him.

Dynamite Joe single-handily takes on each monster, and in true busido fashion, they each wait their turn to get their butts kicked.

EXT. ABANDONED INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX

Shady climbs up the staircase of a factory that appears to be in the middle of nowhere.

Pyrotech Girl looks up at him.

PYROTECH
It’s always abandoned industrial complexes. Like clockwork. Ah well.

She reaches her hand back.

PYROTECH
Chronotrigger!

A device appears in her hand.

She taps a button on it and sets it down.

She then runs like hell out of there!

SHADY
Hey, where are you going? We’re supposed to trade barbs and kick around and…and…and what is that?

EXT. ANOTHER INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX--DAY

Pyrotech Girl stands next to what looks like a destroyed complex, looking into the distance when an explosion occurs—the light flashes across her helmet’s visor.

DYNAMITE JOE lands next to her.

DYNAMITE
Chronotrigger again?

PYROTECH
I think I’ve been able to narrow down the explosion to at a least a half-block radius.

Dynamite looks at the industrial complex next to them…and it’s not an industrial complex, but a mall.

DYNAMITE
Those Kmart shoppers…they never knew what hit them.

PYROTECH
Barganman would have killed them all anyway, Joe.

DYNAMITE
True, but….-

PYROTECH
What?

DYNAMITE
Well, looks like we’ve once again saved the day.

PYROTECH
No, you were going to say something…

DYNAMITE
No I wasn’t.

PYROTECH
You are such a liar.

DYNAMITE
How can you tell though my helmet?

PYROTECH
I didn’t, you just admitted it. Power down!

Her armor flashes away. She now wears glasses and is dressed in a t-shirt and jeans.

She storms away.

DYNAMITE
No, what I was saying was…wait a sec- Power down!

His armor flashes away. He’s dressed in a suit, and it still looks pressed.

DYNAMITE
Kari!

PYROTECH
Don’t talk to me, Joseph…I’ve had it.

DYNAMITE
Is this about Pink Magi-girl? Because I swear that was just a business date.

PYROTECH
No, this is about me, for once it’s not about you.

DYNAMITE
It’s not?

PYROTECH
I need some space,

DYNAMITE
You mean?

PYROTECH
I’m leaving the Napalm lair….but I’ll leave you with a spare Electosurger.

DYNAMITE
What about the Detonator cycle?

PYROTECH
Keep it, but you don’t know how to operate it.

DYNAMITE
Oh…well, you’re right. Well I’m off to fight more evil.

Pyrotech girl turns around and sees Dynamite perform his callout.

DYAMITE
Elemental powers, come to aid, give me the power to fight against evil—

He moves and twists his body in various positions.

DYNAMITE
Just push the frickin button, Joe!

He takes out a device that looks like a key lock.

DYNAMITE
Henshin!

He turns the key and presses a button.
The armor appears on him and he rockets away.

PYROTECH
Idiot.

Massive carnage lies in the street.

KARI
I get along with my sup.

MARVIN
Having sex with him does not mean that you get along with them, let me say that right now.

KARI
You have to reboot your gun?

WENDAL
After five shots, it has to restart.

KARI
Is it running ME or XP?

QUARTER
I got sick and tired of having my best work destroyed by a pretty boy who drinks sissy martinis.

WENDAL
I feel your pain.

QUARTER
Do you? I had a 360 Astro Alestre mini-coupe fully stacked and outfitted...

WENDAL
Accelerator booster rockets?

QUARTER
And high-radiation phaser batteries.

KARI
Those can cut clean through diamond—

QUARTER
Damn straight they can…and you know what this pansy does?

(To Marvin)
QUARTER
No offense…

MARVIN
None taken.

QUARTER
He gets in, drives it to some hellhole casino, picks up some secret agent whore and then blows the bloody car to kingdom come in some asinine shootout!

QUARTER
Now, get him in range and when the finder turns red, you shoot.

BILL
Shouldn’t we try talking to him before we just flat out kill him?

Bill looks through the eyepiece.

KARI
Xerox usually sends out a robotic copy of himself who showboats for a while, tosses off a one-liner or two.

QUARTER
Standard bad guy thing: show off your pocketbook…makes em look like as ass.

KARI
I’d like a budget big enough to make a few mechas I could just destroy on a whim.

QUARTER
Budgets….only budget I had was what I could pull out of my rectal orifice!

Bill fires the rifle.

KARI
So anyway…the robot gets taken down and then the real one comes out, you fight him for a bit, he grandstands.

Bill lowers the rifle—his face is pale.

BILL
Does the robot copy spit out massive amounts of blood?

KARI
No.

She picks the rifle up and looks through it.

KARI
Aw crap!

WENDEL
I can’t go on…

KARI
(softly)
Wendal…Wendall…listen to me…

WENDEL
Yeah?

KARI
GET UP, YOU MORON!

KARI
I got you covered.

She takes out her Electrosurger.

KARI/PYROTECH GIRL
Henshin a go go, baby!

She presses a button and her armor envelopes her.

up
19 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Bad girls

Are you suggesting that they are somehow less than Q-men?

Commentator
Visit my Caption Blog: Dawn's Girly Site

Visit my Amazon Page: D R Jehs

No, not at all. In fact I’m

Aylesea Malcolm's picture

No, not at all. In fact I’m not sure if that category really even fits since I have not been able to complete the script.
The intention was to flip the script on the “sidekick” or “brains behind the heroes” trope. I had stopped due to the film “Sky High”

So much for

my bad word play ////////// whoosh

Maybe I should have said they weren't spicy enough. (grin)

Commentator
Visit my Caption Blog: Dawn's Girly Site

Visit my Amazon Page: D R Jehs

Ahhh I see that now

Aylesea Malcolm's picture

Ahhh
I see that now