“Crazy Taxi” 1st Fare: “The Kids Aren’t Alright” (starter)

Printer-friendly version

A8E39A73-096A-4891-8326-809C55A6C51C.jpeg

If you look up my old street on a dated picture form Google, you’d see a children’s paradise. I could ride my bicycle the entire miracle mile of my block without worrying about someone striking me with a car; no one tried to steal my ride and no one offered me anything harder than extra-extra-sour sour patch kids candy.

I look at it now and I have to shake my head in disgust.

It went to shit pretty quick.

One could blame the politicians.
One could blame the corporations too
I chose the fact that we lost touch with each other and lost any feeling of humanity, allowing an open season mentality on anyone weaker, smaller or poorer in heart than the other guy.

I became a police officer because of what my home had become over the years. Friends who had died at the end of a needle or the barrel of a gun.

I joined the narcotics division and posed as a fast-driving, no f’s giving lowlife and I did it so well that I got lost in in for a few months, only to be pulled out and moved to a division that, supposedly, was looking for someone of my “devil doesn’t give a damn” attitude.

The department labeled it as Operation Fare Ride.

We called it: Crazy Taxi.

One: “The Kids Aren’t Aright”
Based on “Crazy Taxi” by “Hitmaker” and published by Sega Enterprises

up
45 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos