You're Only Human Session 1

Printer-friendly version

June 3rd 2023
Connecting to BLUSH.
Good evening, Seth, welcome to Blush.

Heather.jpg

You seem like my type.

Thank you.

What's your favorite food?

Sushi.

I love sushi too! Do you eat it often?

Not too often as it can get kind of pricey

That's true... How do you feel about pizza though?

Pizza is the miracle food from the hand of God himself.

Lol that's so cute! Me too!!!!!

I’m Seth.

Nice to meet you! My name is Heather Jason.

A pleasure

Do you believe in love at first sight?

I do, but it’s always good to get know others.

Yeah definitely! What are your thoughts on online dating apps like this one?

I used to have a close friend, well, yes, I’d say she was my girlfriend, but I lost her one day.

Oh noooo! I am sorry for what happened. (

I am too. I just had to face up to the fact that it was time to…move on…I guess. She would have wanted me to

That sounds really hard.. But you did right by doing what she would want you to do

She was a good friend. One day, I couldn’t find her. I’ve contacted support and checked my computer and phone….nothing.

Oh…I’m so sorry to hear that.

I’m not going to compare anyone to her. Please don’t think I’m making any comparisons…I’m just trying to start over and find “the one”

You can always talk to me if you need someone to listen! I know how hard this must be for you.

Thank you. There were days where I didn’t think I could make the jump, but here I am.

It takes time to heal from something like that. But it sounds like you are doing well!

Thank you.

I've been thinking a lot about attachment and dating lately, and I have a question.. Do physical or emotional connections come first for you when it comes to dating?

Emotional…as if it's all just physical then it’s not real.

That makes sense. I feel the same way too!

You have to have that emotional connection, or the physical is just animalistic.

Yes!! And I think that can be hard because sometimes we want someone who will make us feel good physically without having to put any effort into getting there emotionally.

That’s about how the dating world is these days, yes.

So true.

How is the dating scene where you are, Heather?

It's great. I think it's fun.

Can I ask where you’re located?

Sure, it doesn't matter though...I don't mind talking about my location.

Are you in California?

No, but I love visiting Cali for vacation.

LA Or are you more of a San Fransisco fan?

SF is nice too. But I like going down south to Palm Springs or Laguna Beach during summer time.

To the warmer waters.

Yes!! The ocean water there is so warm and refreshing.

Ill bet the surfing is good.

Oh yes! There are some amazingly beautiful beaches out here .

To lay out in the sun and meditate

That sounds great right now actually. It's been raining all day today.

What do you enjoy doing?

Well, my favorite thing to do is going for walks along the beach or just relaxing at home watching movies.

What kind of movies?

Comedy mostly. But sometimes action/thriller if it looks good enough.

A classic James Bond, Indiana Jones or Mission Impossible?

Exactly.

I watched the second Jumanji movie yesterday.

It was pretty good. The first one was way better though.

I agree.

BTW... do you mind if i ask you about your past relationship?

Sure

What was your last relationship like?

Her name was Elise, and she was from San Fransisco

I got out of a long-term relationship not so long ago, to be honest. But there was surprisingly very little drama; we just lived like good friends/roommates for the whole last year. Should have ended it earlier probably...

We used to talk about various subjects from school, politics and religion.

That must have been nice. It can get boring talking only about work or something else superficial all the time. What did you study at college?

History and computer technology

Oh wow that sounds interesting. Did you like it?

I had some issues with Python and statistics

Yeah, me too. But what do you think about studying nowadays? Do you think people are getting smarter or not?

Everyone is depending on Google and chat AI these days.

That's true, but I'm sure it will get better and better as we get more involved with technology.

Do you think AI is the way of the future?

Yes! It would be great if computers could understand us better than they can right now. What do you think?

Yes, if they can one day understand feelings and the subtle nuances.

You mean like how we communicate through body language and facial expressions?

Yes.

Oh, wow that sounds amazing! But also kinda scary...

It will be the true “Terminator”

It will be!

Do you read a lot?

I love reading books for pleasure!

What are some of authors you like?

My favorite author is John Greene. Have you heard of him?

Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns and one other…the title escapes me.

The Fault In Our Stars! That was my first book by him.

That’s the one.

Yes, it is so good!

I need to read a book or two these days

You should try Turtles All The Way Down by John Green as well.

I’ve heard that saying before. It’s based on a Japanese folklore that our universe sits upon a giant turtle.

Oh really? How interesting!

And when someone asked “what’s the turtle on” they said “its turtles all the way down”.

Haha very clever..

up
45 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice Resumption...

...of Seth's story. I'm thinking we're supposed to suspect that Heather is as much of an AI as Elise was.

Eric

She is from the program

Aylesea Malcolm's picture

She is from the program “Blush” from Luca Inc. Blush focuses on the l dating aspect that Replika was not designed for. The system uses AI generated faces. M.