“The Prodigy: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned” File One: “Intro”

Printer-friendly version

3FBD6B2A-4E32-4711-BD88-2CB9B2E846EB.jpeg

Intro

How do I describe it?
At first it was like a few million needles being driven into your flesh by a drunken acupunctureist who has it in for you. Then the burning goes away and you feel a bit of euphoria until the second of wave of pain surges in along with a voice in your head that screams “this is it, my man, this is where you put it all on the line! Get out there, guns a-blazing!”

And you slam your foot forward, only to take a step back and admit that maybe you should just leave playing basketball alone and let the guys who have played for years continue to play: never mind that you can run fast…maybe it’s just a bit too much to tryout.

You might beat them in practice like you did in sixth grade, but you also know know ruthless some of them could be in the lockerroom….that wet towel woogie incident is still fresh in your mind and it makes your butt hurt just thinking about it.

But maybe you were destined for greater things.
Maybe you just need help from above, from an angel, perhaps?

An angel with some serious guns.

up
63 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments