Thanks Truck-kun For Making Me A Trader - Part 13/27

Printer-friendly version

Damn, last night was a long one. You might remember that Myra came over. For one to make sure I was alright and to deliver a few items I managed to blackmail from the church. Did I say blackmail? I meant skillfully negotiated as payment. What you missed are the few bells of talking we did. Well, mostly I did the talking. Myra's hunger for knowledge about Earth was unending. A natural curiosity that might explain why she joined the Church Of The Otherworldly. To me, it feels strange. I might curse about Besona a lot, but I must say this world is definitely more interesting to me than Earth. I guess we all yearn for things new and exciting to us.

A few bells in I suddenly found Myra leaning on my shoulder. Fast asleep. I guess her curiosity was greater than her body could endure. For a moment I was tempted to stay like that. I've got to admit she was kind of cute. That was until she started drooling on me. No, just kidding. But the small sitting nook in my Little Mule is not really comfortable enough to sleep one. Let alone two. So, I had to wake Myra and throw her out.

For a moment, she had looked at my bedroom. I could see the gears in her head rattling. Thankfully she decided against asking me to stay over. I don't think I am ready for that yet. Just imagine. A girly sleepover. Not really my style. Not to mention that Myra probably would have a bad time. I really toss and turn a lot in my sleep. Yes, I blame the twins stuck on my chest for that.

But even as Myra left, I couldn't find rest. Something was nagging me. Of all the new research possibilities my mind decided to cling to one item in particular: the strap-on. I mean what exactly did those pervy co-workers of Myra expect me to do? But the later the night the more my mind started to work. Could I put an enchantment on it? I contemplated a few means when my mind got stuck on the Zitoraxs slime as research material. Just imagine the wobbly enchantment on the strapped-on dildo. You know. The movement amplification. That thought was amusing enough, but what about the other possibility? Could I get the health-strider enchantment on the strap-on? Well, the strider part wouldn't fit anymore. Health-stroker would be more like it. Just imagine.

"I need a heal!"
"In a moment. I need more charge. If I fuck you it builds up faster."

Yes, it sounds like the plot of a cheesy porno. Made me chuckle for a while. But still, I couldn't sleep. My curiosity had to be satisfied. What would the strap-on and Zitoraxs slime produce on the research bench? I just had to find out. Only then, after getting my research started on this unholy project, I could find sleep.

But now, in the morning, I am like: what the hell was I thinking? It is bad enough that I have a black market for body-enhancing underwear. Do I really want to be known for peddling sex toys too? But as much as I dread the result of my late-night brainstorming, I have to clear the research bench for my next projects. Now that I have more items then it's good for me. Seriously, I have so many options now.

Focus, Lillyn. Time to see what came of my pervy musings. Wait. That's not really what I was expecting. That's a foreboding name. Right. You probably want to take a look.

> Synchronized Strap-On Of Sacrifice <
> This garment made of Antebra leather straps features two realistic phalluses of dried and hardened Zitoraxs slime. <
> Enchanted: Synchronized Orgasm <
> Passive Ability: Synchronizes the release of arousal into orgasm for the user and target participant. <
> Enchanted: Health Sacrifice <
> Passive Ability: On climax permanently reduces the health capacity of the user by 1 and permanently increases the health capacity of the target participant by 2. <
> 802 void-favors <

What the fuck? Bravo, Besona. You did it again. Throwing something in my face that I least expected. And it is utterly useless to me. My health points are already low compared to others and if I read this right they would think even further.

On the other hand, if I find someone to do me-

No, don't jump to conclusions, my imaginary audience. I am not up for one-night stands. Heck, I still have trouble acknowledging my new equipment down there. Two rotations here on Besona may sound like a long time, but believe me, it isn't. I still sometimes wake up and grab for something that isn't there anymore.

At least now that the research bench is free, I can focus on more useful projects. But where to start? Now it dawns on me that my quest for more researchable items might have been too successful. Let's take stock and see what's what.

My base stock of wares is my potions. Strengthening them would be an option, but there doesn't seem to be a demand for it. They work fine as they are.

The same goes for my secret selection. The bras with growth enchantment. Yes, I could increase the percentage which they work with, but that is hardly a priority.

I could try continuing my attempts to completely restore the Servant Maid set. But there are two problems. For one, I am stuck. Lately, I can't seem to make progress. I have the beat on all the garments of the set, but they won't progress to more than half repaired. And from what I can see, they're quite slutty in design too. Less hotel maid and more the porno version of a french maid costume. I better shelf this project until I run out of viable alternatives. At least, I got a sample of Sorentian Velvet out of it. The main fabric of these garments.

Of all my active projects, my experiments with shield enchantments bore the most fruits. Not only did I figure out how to give an item the ability to create a magical shield for defense. I also unlocked the enchantment to sustain an activated shield for longer. So far, I have researched versions for my tunic, skirt, and bracelet. That leaves my belt, shoes, and underwear. Now here is a curious thought. Could I combine one of my bras with growth enchantment with the shield and sustain enchantments? That would be three enchantments on one garment. Not for me, mind you. Just to see if it would work. Heck, while useful for me, the garments with shield enchantments have limited use for adventurers. I doubt they switch their study armor for civilian garments that are heavy to boot.

Next, we have the Zitoraxs slime. What a vexing material. I admit the health-strider enchantment on boots could be useful. But the rest? The perpetual motion of breasts is not a feature I would recommend. Or sell. Not to mention the strap-on of giving away my precious health points.

The giant question mark is the items I've got from the church last evening. No, we don't talk about the many dildos Myra's colleges threw in. The most useful is the mobile phone and MP3 player. Although I have no idea what they would yield as enchantment. Making them wild cards at best. I guess I won't know until I try. The other items are less promising. At least, I think I can use the can of Russian soup to color stuff. It is a vibrant red.

Oh, right. Myra gave me blue lipstick. One gifted to her by her mother. I guess that should be a priority. It would make a great thank-you gift for her. I can probably even research a few color variations.

Alright. I think I have my priorities straight. First, the growth bra in combination with the shield and sustaining enchantments. Followed by the lipstick for Myra. With that sorted out, it is time to start my day. I bet customers are already waiting again. Well, they can wait. I need food and a shower first. Talk to you later.

...

...

Oh no. Not him again. It's that old adventurer again. The very one I scared out of my shop as he tried to hand me the soul crystal of his friend for safe-keeping. Later I had to apologize. Not that I got many words in reply. That guy is seriously a scrooge when it comes to using words. What was his name? I think Nardare.

"You want torsos?"

What? Wait, why am I asking you.

"What?"

"Of automata. They say you pay double."

Right, I told my adventurer friend Dera that I needed torsos of those dolls running around in Maynard Mansion. There is a project I had completely forgotten about. How cool would it be to have my own automata? A servant to do stuff for me. Maybe even an army of them. Western Empire you better watch out. Empress Lillyn is on her way!

Nah, just kidding. There is no telling if I even get them to move. Especially since most that I have of these female dolls are arms, legs, and heads. The few torsos I own are badly torn up. These automata are giving adventurers a hard time and they only stop until most of their core is destroyed. Which usually means badly damaged chests.

Even if I don't get them to move again, these automata might be useful as a mannequin. From what I saw they all are very lifelike and modeled after young beautiful women.

"Yes. Right. But only if they aren't too damaged."

Nardare gives me a barely noticeable nod. "Aren't. Problem if the rest is still attached?"

"What do you mean?"

"Limbs and such."

That's even better. Keep it cool, Lillyn. Don't show your hand.

"That's acceptable. But I have to inspect them first. See how damaged they are."

Instead of answering, Nardare is offering me his hand. Five small holographic items are floating above it. No time to hesitate. I gab his callused hands and complete the trade.

Time to see what is what. Let's materialize the first one. Oh my, she is beautiful. If I wouldn't know better, I'd say she looks like a real woman. Minus that she has big balls as joints. But save for them, she looks so realistic. Anatomically correct even from what I spy between her legs. I guess the rumors are true. Maynard, the inventor of them, was a pervert.

But most impressive of all is her chest. No, not her small breasts. Well, small compared to mine. They might be a handful. No, I mean the small, but deep cut right where humans have their heart. It is the only sign of damage I can see on her. Nardare must be an expert swordsman to have taken her out with a single thrust of his sword. Especially if one keeps in mind that most adventurers literally have to hack these automata to bits to make them stop.

One by one, I inspect the five automata Nardare brought to me. All felled with a single-precision thrust to the chest. Leaving the rest unblemished. Save for this single mark, the automata vary widely. Each has its own face. Varies in body proportions and assets. It is clear Maynard had spent a lot of time on them.

There is only one drawback to Nardare bringing me these automata nearly undamaged. They all have a void-value of nearly a thousand. And I promised to pay double. That's nearly ten grand right then and there. Shit. But a promise is a promise.

"These are acceptable," I say as I offer my hand with the payment.

Once again I feel the callused hand of the warrior as he confirms the trade.

"I'll be back with more."

Wait. More? He'll be ruining me.

"I only need five more," I blur out.

"Five it is."

And with a small nod, that guy is walking off my ramp. Damn, what a vexing guy. I just can't make heads or tails out of him. But looking at the last of the automata, leaning against a wall of my Little Mule, I can't help but admit that he has his uses. And that he is probably the strongest adventurer in the camp. Better not to piss him off again.

...

...

"Lillyn."

The shout alerted me to Myra was rushing towards me.

"Myra. I just was on my way towards you. Want to take a walk?"

It's evening and time for my walk around the courtyard. Well, I can't stay inside my Little Mule forever. That might show the church they rattled me and we can't have that, right?

"Of course," Myra agreed. Grabbing my arm and hooking under it. "You are wearing your old clothes again. The new ones not working out?"

Yes, I only wear my tunic and skirt of sustaining. The other versions are just too heavy for a stroll. Even a leisurely one. But I am not without protection. I wear my Bracelet Of Sustained Shielding of course. And, in addition, I researched a version of my belt with the same enchantments. Making it quite ornamental too.

"A little too heavy for daily use."

Looking around first, Myra leans close to me. For a moment, I thought she might kiss me. Instead, she whispers a question. "Did any of the items from Earth prove to be useful?"

"I haven't started on them yet," I admit truthfully. "There was something more pressing to research."

With a flourish, I summon a lipstick for Myra. Handing her the restored item.

"You did it. Thank you so much."

"I am not done," I promise. A moment later I have materialized a second lipstick, but this one colored papush. Then, for good measure, I summon the original lipstick she gave me. I know it has sentimental value for her.

"I don't know what to say."

Of course, Myra has to uncap all three of them. Looking for a moment hesitant. Then deciding on the papush colored one. Immediately coating her own lips expertly. Even without a mirror.

Smacking her lips, she suddenly looks surprised. "This one even tastes like papush."

Then kissed me. No, not on the lips. On the cheek. It felt- Nice.

"I've got to find a way to properly thank you later," Myra promises me with a wink.

Wait, is she flirting with me? No, must be my imagination.

"So, all your research today was used up all for me?"

"Not exactly."

There is no way I can tell Myra of the strap-on. She might get the wrong impression. What else is there to say? Right.

"Oh, I researched the 'Cross-Strap Bra Of The Shieldmaiden'."

Because I see Myra's curious look, I hand her a copy. Alright. Alright. I haven't forgotten about you my imaginary audience. Take a look.

> Cross-Strap Bra Of The Shieldmaiden <
> The Staps of this brassiere join in the back between the shoulder blades and then go downward. Giving the garment added support for high movement activities. The material is Hounshack leather, various metals, and gemstones.<
> Enchanted: cumulative personal shield <
> Active ability: Spends charge to summon a personal shield or reinforce an already established one. <
> Passive ability: While inactive it collects 51 points of charge each bell up to 911 points. An active shield steadily loses 72 points of charge each bell. <
> Enchanted: sustaining of personal shield
> Passive ability: Reinforces a personal shield with 11 points of charge each bell. <
> Enchanted: indicative growth <
> Passive ability: While a personal shield is active a localized growth enchantment is active that depends on the shield's strength. The maximum charge of this garment equalling a 20% boost in growth. <
> Enchanted: of the maiden <
> Passive ability: All other enchantments are boosted by 89% while this garment is worn by a woman. <
> 3371 void-favors <

"Wow. That is quite the read," Myra remarks drily. "Is that what you've been up to all this time? Researching clothes."

That's quite an understatement. Yes, I wanted to find out how many enchantments I could stick on one garment. I guess I have been a little too successful. This item description is a tome all to itself. Four enchantments are quite the count. I wonder what else I could put on there just to see how far I can push it. But for that, I have to find new enchantments that might fit on a bra. Yes, I purposely ignore the amplified movement enchantment. Don't even think about bringing that one up.

"For a while, it was that or making more potions."

Of course, Myra has to materialize the bra. The moment she notices how heavy it is, I have to suppress a chuckle. This bra is a far cry from the original. In fact, the leather foundation can hardly be seen from the front. Most of it is taken up by metal applications with gems that strongly resemble the bracelet Pasus gave me. I can't say it is a chainmail-bikini top. It more resembles scale armor. Just very localized. If I hadn't known of the enchantments I would have branded it the most useless armor ever invented.

"So, what else have you been up to?" Myra asks while handing me the bra back.

"Well. I might have a few mannequins soon and-"

You know what? Let me enjoy this walk around with Myra in peace. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Until then. Bye.



Hey Readers,

thanks to all of you who voted.
I think the end result is pretty clear.
You want more Myra.
You will get it.
Of course, Pasus, Iren, and Essie won't be gone.
They will stay an integral part of TTkFMMAT.

While writing Part 13 I noticed something else:
Damn, I wrote many item descriptions.
It's getting harder and harder to keep them sorted.
With those 2 new ones, I come up to 23 in total.
Just how do game designers of real games manage writing thousands of them?

Well, there will be more.
So, stay tuned.
Hugs and kisses,
Cassy

up
153 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Managing descriptions

The key to managing many descriptions of objects in game writing is organizing them.

For each object, you have a number of traits. What it looks like? What it does (possibly more than one)? Who made it (possibly more than one)? Where it is?... Some types of traits are common for most, if not all items. Some differ between types of items.

Then, you make a list of types of objects. A list of weapons. A list of monsters. A list of towns, a list of characters, etc. Each list is a table (Excel serves beautifully - make the tables a sheets in a file).

Then, you record all objects in the lists. Each object is a line, every trait is a column. If an object fits into more than one list, you describe it in all lists that apply, in each list the appropriate traits, and insert links to its presence in the other lists.

It looks like a lot of work, and it is - but is the only way to properly manage a big collection of game objects that I know.

Thank you for your insider information, but...

I meant more the creative aspect of creating thousands of item descriptions.
Not the technical aspects.
It is part of the world-building.
You do not just have to keep the numbers balanced.
The items must fit into the lore and facts need to be kept in order.
I might have to start a Wikia before the serial is done.
Or a world-anvil site.

Synchronized Strap-On Of Sacrifice

If a couple does each other, they will each gain one health point. I can think of less pleasant ways of powering up.

Health Dildo

It drains the pitcher one and gives the catcher two -- for a net gain of one. The randy couple can go back and forth, each giving up one, then gaining two. If they have sufficient stamina, they can can each be up five or ten points after a long night of lovin'.

Of course, they have to be able to trust each other. But isn't that required for love making, anyhow?

Combine it with that bra

Combine it with that bra perpetual motion bra and the growth bra and you could double that or more. And with further reserch...
And does it have to be used with a human? Would the robots be able to use it? They have to have HP. Everything in a videogame does. Could she drain one then remake it? Tradeing Void points for HP.
And can that effect be applied to a male sex toy to be implanted into the robots?

Though now that I think of it could that result in robots that F$@k you to death. Sucubiots

Or make a tame version and sick them on monsters. Sucubot I chose you. Use (random sexual maneuver). Draining monsters to add to the masters HP...
Am I over thinking this.

Yes, you are overthinking this!

The automata are not alive.
Hence they can't have health points.
They, of course, have DP (durability-points).

I would also remind you that, aside from the language, I try to keep the serial PG.
So, I doubt Lillyn will go all porno on anything.
I mean she is only about three weeks (don't quote me there; I have to check) on Besona and in her new body.
I think doing anything sexual in her new body might still be an alien thought to her.

P.S.:
For a story involving sex-bots you might want to check out my stories "Maintenance Workout - The New Yoga Dance Doll" or "A Lonely Transmission".

More items! And more Myra! Woo!

This is gonna be jumping back and forth or something. I've re-read this like 3 times?

...

A few bells in I suddenly found Myra leaning on my shoulder. Fast asleep. I guess her curiosity was greater than her body could endure. For a moment I was tempted to stay like that. I've got to admit she was kind of cute.

Agreed!

Synchronized Strap-On Of Sacrifice

Ah. I guess Zitoraxs slime's primary effects are health-based!

Well, well! As others have said... Not Equivalent Exchange, which is really good, so one use on each side, is a net health boost! Woo! Myra!

Are the sex toys made of plastic or something, and get remade with Besonan materials, such as replacing Earth leather with Antebra leather?

...

Wow! That's one hefty bra! Not any different from her usually highly enchanted stuff...

Hmm...

Lipstick in many colors... Enchanted Lipstick? ... Lipstick of Sacrifice?? Two users use on each other means they both gain health!

Myra's blue matches her blue lipstick. Forgot to note that. Her parents really like blue! HMM... That's a great reason to take Lillyn back to meet the fam! "This is the girl who restored the lipstick!" ... Also might bring Maria, or whatever her name is, along, since Lillyn and Maria are "Sisters".

Gloves or something would be even better... But does it need climax or other high energy action for some weird magic reason? That'd make things tricky...

----

In regards to item descriptions, you seem to be following a template... "Thing is made of Material, and has Special Features" If you keep following it, it makes things easier...

And indie games that do Flavor Text, usually don't do Procedural Item Generation along with it?

And, as others have said... Excel is good for managing this stuff because it allows adding strings together so you can make formulas that go literally go "Thing is made of Material, and has Special Features, and costs Cost".

If you want, just tell me, and I'll make one. It's not hard...

----

A Sword of Life Drain would be super useful? No pun intended...

Lillyn hasn't went into weaponry...

"I need a heal!"
"In a moment. I need more charge. If I fuck you it builds up faster."

HAA!

Each has its own face. Varies in body proportions and assets. It is clear Maynard had spent a lot of time on them.

I wonder how much variation Lillyn can preserve when crafting them from voidfavors...

And if Maynard has some sorta factory / assembly line setup... Or just spends maids to make more maids...

I could try continuing my attempts to completely restore the Servant Maid set. But there are two problems. For one, I am stuck. Lately, I can't seem to make progress. I have the beat on all the garments of the set, but they won't progress to more than half repaired. And from what I can see, they're quite slutty in design too. Less hotel maid and more the porno version of a french maid costume.

I guess, to fix it fully, you pair it with the full Automaton... As they're meant to go together after all...

"I'll be back with more."

Wait. More? He'll be ruining me.

I hope she's got the funds! It sounds like she does, so that's good... She can thin her losses by just voiding the automata at least...

But she hasn't cancelled the order yet... Hopefully Nardare will pass the info along, that she doesn't need any more.

Expanding into male clothes once she gets androids, maybe.

Void stuff can't make life... But... Hmmm... Artificial Wombs are... Possible, I assume... Ehh, that's likely a long way off. It's a huge concept shift from gynoid to gynoid with artifical womb or something...

Best bet would be that the automatons can wear her boots and stuff and walk / charge up the gear for her.

Shapeshifting mannequins are good too... Mix some slime in there, for the form-shifting idea.

"I've got to find a way to properly thank you later," Myra promises me with a wink.

Wait, is she flirting with me? No, must be my imagination.

"So, all your research today was used up all for me?"

Awww! Cute!

More fruit / food?

Let me enjoy this walk around with Myra in peace.

Yeeah! :heart:

A lot to answer .. again.

What a long comment, Malady.
I can't answer them all.
So, I'll be papush picking the questions to answer.

Are the sex toys made of plastic or something, and get remade with Besonan materials, such as replacing Earth leather with Antebra leather?

The answer is in the description young maladywan.

Lipstick in many colors... Enchanted Lipstick? ... Lipstick of Sacrifice?? Two users use on each other means they both gain health!

Answering that I'd have to wear the Lipstick Of Spoilers.

And if Maynard has some sorta factory / assembly line setup... Or just spends maids to make more maids...

Maynard (and the rest of the Mansion) is in a hardened state. Even if there is a factory, it won't produce anything. The whole area tries to keep the status quo. Destroyed Automata respawn exactly how they have been before.

Void stuff can't make life... But... Hmmm... Artificial Wombs are... Possible, I assume... Ehh, that's likely a long way off. It's a huge concept shift from gynoid to gynoid with artifical womb or something...

I think some concepts (like these) are outside of the planned scope for this story.

More fruit / food?

More fruit as this point would only spoil things. (Pun intended)