Thanks Truck-kun For Making Me A Trader - Part 3/27

Printer-friendly version

Oh, I wish you could see it. It is early morning and my Little Mule is just coming up in Tsundore. That is a city worth looking at. The town where I came to this world couldn't compete. Tsundore had been on my horizon for quite some time now. Maybe a quarter bell. Last night I had programmed my autopilot to take me there, but my Little Mule only arrived now.

I had thought Besona was a typical fantasy world with medieval this or that. But looking at the skyscrapers of Tsundore I have the feeling that I am about to be taught a lesson. By a whole city nonetheless. Granted, these skyscrapers only stabbed into the sky with twenty to thirty floors, but they still are the most impressive thing I saw coming to this world. They were built quite unlike our own. Each level had a large balcony and they all were connected. It gave me the impression that the people of Tsundore stacked single-family houses instead of using skyscrapers for something practical. Like cramming a shit ton of office cubicles into each one.

I feel pangs of jealousy. These gleaming metal towers boasted with lush green foliage everywhere. I wish I had grown up in an environment like this, instead of a brick-and-mortar jungle. These skyscrapers are the dream of environmentalists come true. Normally I don't care about that. Yes, I recycle. But only the easy stuff and when it doesn't cause too much work for me. Still, even I have to admit it is impressive. I wouldn't mind living here, but I have my Little Mule.

Speaking of-

Instead of flying into the city, my Little Mule takes a detour. Around the city limits. Giving me a splendid view of the skyline. Not for long as I can already see my destination. Tsundore Fields. How can one describe it? An airfield turned carnival? A hundred void traders with their colorful Little Mules all deciding to go tailgating at once? It is a magnificent view and one steadily growing. My own Little Mule automatically steers for a little fenced-off area with colorful ribbons. A little vibration through the floor is the only detail clueing me in that I have landed.

It is time to join the madness outside. For now, the ramp of my Little Mule stays shut. I am here to buy and not to trade. I doubt my limited stock will draw customers anyway. Stepping outside my fear that my papush colored jumpsuit would stand out is squashed in a second. People are rushing around in all kinds of colors. A festival of vibrant tones. I will fit right in.

All around me the Little Mules are parked with their ramps facing each other and still having enough space in between to park three cars parallel. Yet progress is slow. Long chains of customers line the ramps and streets. Groups of people are slowly making their way through the masses. Lone pedestrians like me are rather rare.

Did I just walk three rows and was only looking around like a tourist? I've got to remember that I am here with a purpose. To stock my own shop I need potions and consumables. It will help me at my next destination. Maynard Mansion is a void-traders dream come true. Lots of adventurers and a hunting ground with masses of loot.

Remind me of potions later. I see something much more interesting. Clothes! Yes! Time to ditch this stupid jumpsuit. Damn, that line of customers waiting looks long. Well, maybe by the time it is my turn I know what to buy. Shit, I have no clue about woman's fashion. Something to cover my twins for sure, but what? It is too warm for a sweater. Not to mention that other people would point out my sweater puppies. Do Besonian's have the term sweater puppies. I hope not.

I need a bra for sure. Not that I have a lot of problems so far going without one. My twins are amazingly perky. Even more impressive considering their size. Myra said my stats will help me out with them. Is that why I don't have back pain yet? Do Besonians even get back pain due to large breasts? What if they don't even have brassieres? Come to think of it I can't recall if Myra, Essie, or Iren had worn a bra. Granted I was a little distracted by my own breasts and for once didn't stare at other women. Damn, looking around I can't tell from the women passing by. I don't wanna stare though. Which, now that I pay attention, doesn't stop some people from doing it to me. Yes, my twins have drawn attention again. Probably since I left my Little Mule, but I have been too distracted to notice.

What else should I get? T-shirts? Blouses? Tops? I have no clue. Nothing with a low neckline. That much I learned from my jumpsuit. Should I go for pants or a skirt? I prefer the former, but maybe the latter is more prevalent in Besona. Looking around I see more skirts, but both, Essie and Iren, wear pants. Maybe it is tied to the occupation?

My time to think things through is running out. Only a few more people before me were in line. There is another topic I have to ponder. Last evening I brainstormed with Essie on potential names. I need to blend in and Leon stands out. Not really because it is a male name. Heck, the Besonians don't even know it as such. Because the name is entirely new to them. Essie threw a bunch of candidates at me. Most I dismissed outright. At least, I managed to narrow it down to a few choices.

Oh, my turn. Time to walk up that ramp and try not to appear like an idiot.

"Hi, I am Kayra. Due to unforeseen events, I need a new wardrobe. Something casual and it needs to cover my bust."

Look, let's skip how the whole discussion played out. It is embarrassing enough. I bet I can't even reproduce half the technical terms the trader threw at my head. Is this unique to Besona or do women on Earth have to learn a whole dictionary worth of fashion terms too? Anyway, I do have one outfit for now. A fine knit tunic in a cream color with short sleeves. Best of all it has a high collar. No more flashing my breasts.

Speaking of. They have brassieres. Granted they look a bit strange, but I can't put my finger on it and say what gives me the impression. I am no expert. For a moment I forgot that clothes that you equip from your soul inventory adjust to your size. Maybe that's why the Besonians have no concept similar to a cup size system. Asking for one got me a very strange look.

For everything below my waist, I got panties and a skirt. I am not thrilled about the latter, but all the pants they offered ended either just above or below the knee. What's up with that? Besonians are strange. Maybe I find another trader who offers normal pants. She, the trader, also insisted on a slim belt. Something to tie up the look, she said. By that time I simply agreed. My attention span down the drain. Why do some women love to go shopping? For me, it is still torture.

And it isn't over. My current jumpsuit has sewn-in shoes. A fact that my new outfit lacks. Now I have to look for a shop selling shoes. Great. Just great. Hopefully, those aren't too expensive. My new wardrobe already has me down by nearly four hundred void-favors. Leaving me with a little over nine hundred. I still need to stock up on potions and such.

There. A shop for shoes. And the waiting line isn't so long.

"Hi, my name is Lillyn and I need a new good pair of shoes."

Six hundred and fifty void favors left. Damn, shoes are expensive. The selection had been limited too. Most of the shoes had no heel or only a short one. The highest had been maybe two inches. I asked and apparently, that was the limit for the normal population. I made an ass of myself for not knowing that shoes with heels are for the working class. From what the trader told me the heel comes from riding and it signifies a lower class. Or that you are an adventurer. The high society prefers flats. That is sort of the opposite of Earth, right? I wonder how high heels evolved in our world. Just to be sure, I opted for black boots with a small heel. I can handle an inch. My jumpsuit has about one and a half and I am doing fine.

As much as I wanted to change in my new outfit, I had to be patient. Putting the jumpsuit in my soul inventory would leave me naked. My goal is to flash others less, not more. It is time to finish this shopping trip and get back to my Little Mule. I already got enough excitement for the day and it isn't even time for lunch yet. Over there. A potion shop. Time to bluff my way into some merchandise.

"Hi, I am Jolana. I have a cousin who is an adventurer. He will head tomorrow to the Maynard Mansion and I thought it might be nice to gift him some potions. A good spread of all the basic ones."

How did I do? Genius, right? Okay, my little cover story had me buy five health potions. I only need one. Not that I could reveal this fact. But the rest worked. Stamina, strength, dexterity, and other stats enhancing potions. I got them all. Along with a mana potion to quickly refill it or a mana regeneration potion for better passive mana income. Two types of potions to harden one's skin and one to make someone more flexible. The shop owner recommended a few other items that he hadn't in stock. Time to look for another trader. I hope those won't be too expensive. I am down to two hundred seventy void-favors. Damn, this is all expensive.

There, I just spotted my next goal.

"Hi, I am Sayah and I am looking for lockpicks and smoke bombs. Not for me. A gift for my cousin."

Alright, I got everything to get my own shop started. Time to head home. I only got about one hundred void-favors left and I need a little cash for normal day-to-day business. If I pop a few items in quickly then maybe I can research most of my haul by tomorrow morning. Right when I arrive at Maynard Mansion. Now, do you remember where I parked my Little Mule?

Apparently, I parked in the beginner area for void traders. I knew so because I walked in the wrong direction and shops got more and more expensive. I should turn around, but there is something strange. Is it just me or are the Little Mules around here getting bigger and bigger? A few of them might even be twice as long as my own. And over there is one I could swear is two feet wider than mine.

Great, now I arrived at the opposite end of the market and-

Holy shit, that is a big Little Mule. Or is that even a Little Mule? I can't turn back yet. I don't know about you, but my curiosity is piqued. If my Little Mule is worth two hundred and fifty thousand just how expensive is a ship that is fifty percent wider and three times as long? But more importantly what does this void-trader sell that made him so rich. It has to be something extraordinary.

Strutting up the ramp I am even more confused. No customers. Whatever they sell must be exclusive enough that they can make do with few customers.

"Sorry, girl. I am open for business. Come back after the twenties bell and I might spend a few coins on you."

Did that asshole just mistake me for a prostitute? That is beyond rude!

"I am not for sale!"

"You look like you are. My bad. In that case, move along."

That guy really knows how to get my blood boiling. And not in a good way. What's his problem?

"What? You think I don't have the money?"

"Honey, this is a shop for void-traders only."

"Maybe I am one."

"Ha! Good one. Look, Missy. Even if you are, I sell upgrades to the Little Mule ships. You need void-favors in the six figures or higher."

Little Mules can be upgraded? Now that is juicy information. That explains the Little Mules on the way here that had been a little bigger. If this big ship here was a very upgraded version of a Little Mule then the void-trader here might be very rich indeed. Are you getting as jealous as I am? Not to mention that I kind of want to dethrone the ass. If I only could afford one upgrade. Maybe I could research them myself.

"Six figures? That shouldn't take too long."

Okay, maybe I am talking out of my ass, but whatever. Before mister I-am-better-than-you can reply I rather walk out. Leave him hanging. You know what? Maybe that guy had been unnecessarily rude, but in a way I am grateful. Arriving here on Besona left me kind of aimless. So far everyone had steered me in one way or another. Even becoming a void-trader had been dictated by my high aptitude. But so far I had not a single reason to become a good trader beyond living a comfortable life. Now I have a goal. My Little Mule will be bigger and better than his. I will show that disrespectful guy what I really can do.

Time to head back to my Little Mule and get cracking. I need all my spoils researched and then on to advanced versions. Not to mention that I finally can change out of this stupid jumpsuit.

I'll talk to you more tomorrow. This void-trader here has work to be done.


Hey readers,

your TTkFMMAT writer Cassy_Bee here.
Okay, I admit that acronym is a mouthful.
Moving on.

Leon is making steps into her future.
Now she has a goal.
But before she really can get started she needs a name.
She tested out a few throughout this chapter.
Which one will she take?
Maybe the "imaginary audience" can help her out this one time.
I will leave a link to a straw poll down below.
Cast your vote and maybe your favorite will be whispered in Leon's ear in her dreams.

Until next time,
hugs and kisses,
Cassy

>>> LINK TO THE STRAWPOLL <<<

up
162 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ready for bigger work

Looks like our hero managed to actually get those basic items. For a bit, I was wondering if there would be nothing left after clothes buying.

Hugs,

Kimby

she survived shopping

I'm with her, get what you need, get out.

DogSig.png

Some things are a must

Jamie Lee's picture

Leon comes from a world that isn't as understanding if a woman's breasts are prominently displayed. So for her, clothes are the first order of business.

Question: How does Leon know something is expensive since this is her first ever shopping trip and she's new to Besona? What price comparison is she going by? Besona Report?

Iren mentioned Leon has caused problems, but she didn't say why. Is it because their enhanced truck goofed and pasted the wrong person? Or something else?

Leon sees great profits at the Manison, but maybe the chickens should hatch before they are counted?

Others have feelings too.