Hate thy neighbor chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

The beeps of the heart monitor were the only sound I could hear as I lay in my hospital bed.

I was lucky to be alive especially after what happened, compared to most of the others I had gotten off lightly.

I heard the door open and I looked to see a tall black man, I could tell he was a police officer by the badge and gun belt he was wearing.

He walked over and sat in a chair next to the bed.
"I'm detective Adrian Woods with the Hill City police department I was wondering if I could talk to you"? He asked me.

"Yes I guess" I felt a sharp pain as i slowly raised the bed to a sitting position but it had been coming and going.

"So can you tell me about the events of last night"? He asked.

I didnt really want to think about it, "Well I had been at my house the other day when a man in a snazzy suit knocked on my door".

"He said that me and my wife were Invited to be the guest of honor at the annual gathering of the owl".

"I honestly had no idea what that was but he explained it was an annual event held by his club and he wished to allow us to enjoy the nights festivities"

"He explained that the head of his organization had heard about my issues a few years ago and said he had a surprise for me that should make up for the pain I had suffered".

"I tried to explain I had other plans and had for the most part put all that stuff behind me. but he started talking about the many benefits and perks of being a club member which my wife latched on to and thought would be more interesting then spending another boring game night with my work colleagues".

The man conveniently left out the crazy sex cult stuff though.

"Really, so you decided to go"?

"Well he made it sound like a fun evening, so I figured why not".
"I was told the event was being held at Club Samurai which I had heard was a high end Japanese inspired restaurant and dance club".

"We were picked up by a limo and everything was going good.we were being treated by the main host a guy named Solomon like we were royalty".

"He was describing how he was the owner of the club and we had been discussing the antique Japanese art and collectables he had acquired over the years".

"This Solomon guy, how would you describe him"? Woods asked.
"He was a character,very eccentric, I have never met anyone like him".

"Ahh Mr. Peterson how do you do this fine evening"? He asked as we were lead to his large table.

"What do you think of our beautiful abode darling" he had a flamboyant air about him and personally I felt a sinister aura lurking beneath the surface.

Honestly he gave me the creeps, i thought.

"I'm fine, and this is a lovely place you have here I really like the Koi pond and fountain" I said.

We talked about art and travel, he was extremely proud of his antique sword collection on display throughout the club.

Most were well out of reach high on the wall, all except one which was a long two handed Samurai sword that he claimed was well over 300 years old that was in a glass case in the middle of the club alongside a full suite of black and gold Samurai armor in it's own separate case.

"Yes this is the pride of my collection, three hundred and fifty years old and as sharp as a razor" he explained it had been carried by some famous Japanese general and had the blood of countless enemies on it.

I can tell the officer is paying close attention to my body language.

"So what happened next"?

"Me and Michelle had just finished eating when Solomon announced the main events were starting".

I never would have gone had I known what was going to happen.
"Tell me about your history with jake" woods changed the subject.

"I really don't know what to say, I was a piece of shit back then".

"All that trouble just cause i wanted something to brag about".

"What do you mean"? Woods asked.
"That whole mess, all of it was my fault" I fell sick just thinking about it.

"I mean I bought that house because I wanted to "Be a positive influence" on the community".

"When I saw that flag on his porch I knew I had found the perfect place, I was writing a book and needed to have some real confrontation to talk about, I needed an antagonist someone to use as an outlet for my own hatred".

"Of course I didn't know that at the time, all I saw was a community that needed a progressive outlook, someone to help bring them out of the past".

"So you've done some soul searching" woods asked but keeping the fact that he thought this man was full of shit in the back of his mind. No one goes through that radical of a change in just a little over two years.

"No I, just got some sense knocked into me" I said as I ran my finger along the noticeable scar that went all the way around my head.

"That was one hell of a beating" woods said.
"Yeah, I was in a coma for weeks, I didn't even know about the trial or the fact that he had disappeared till about a month after I woke up.

"I was pretty shocked that my brother in law had held protest over me, I'm sure my wife had something to do with that" I looked out the window of the room.

"Yeah BLM dosen't usually care about people like you"woods said.

"Not just that he hates me, the guy has never liked me".
"Those giys almost burned down the court house after the verdict" woods said popping a pice of big chew in his mouth.

"Well Omar helped start the local chapter and has a lot of friends, most of them are crazy though ".

"I was in the hospital for almost seven months and I still have problems remembering basic things every now and then along with periodic migraines But what really hit me hard was when we returned home and my neighbors hated me".

"Didn't matter if they were black or white the running consensus was that Jake was a good man and I was a pice of shit for causing all the trouble".

"So all the hard work I had put in trying to get people to hear my thoughts out and work towards improvement was for nothing, they even shut down the community garden I had helped start".

"Everyone in our neighborhood just accepts that we exist,I know a lot of them wish Jake had killed me that day".

"You still work at the college"? Woods asked.

"Yes but I teach math now, I honestly have lost faith in sociology".
"Its to damn political now,no longer a tool for learning about others but a weapon being used to... well sorry I need to stop beforei go off on a rant" woods looked at me skeptically and then scribbled on his note pad.

"So tell me about last night" woods said.

"We had just finished eating, then they dimmed the lights and a spot light along with smaller lights came down from the ceiling".

"They brought out a wooden table bench with latches at the legs, I knew what it was cause I had seen one in a porno before " I felt myself flush a little even though im pretty sure Woods is no stranger to these things its still strange to admit it out loud.

"Then what happened "?
"They brought out this girl, beautiful porcelain white skin, long dark hair beautiful body dressed as a geisha girl she looked like a living doll".

"Beautiful isn't she"? Solomon asked?

"Oh yes she is, is she a dancer"? My wife asked.
"She's a performer " He chuckled "But for tonight she is a gift for our guest of honor" he said.

It took a second to remember we were the guest of honor. "What do you mean a gift"? I asked.

"You do remember that wretched little man who messed up your pretty face" Solomon ran his finger over the noticeable scars on my face from my beating before flamboyantly gesturing towards the girl.

It took me a second but then it clicked, it was Jake.

"So you must have been happy, I mean you did penetrate him" woods said trying to refrainfrom useing a more crude example.

"I didn't I swear" I sat up immediately regretting it as a sharp pain tore through my chest causing me to inhale and fall back to the mattress.

"Whoa hey take it easy" woods said.

"I...I di...I didn't penetrate, yes I got behind him with my pants down but never stuck my dick in him".

"So why did you get behind him in the first place"? Woods sat back down.

"It was Solomon" Man it hurts.

"He told us who he was, told me I would be allowed to fuck him in any way I pleased" .

"But I refused, I told him no I couldn't do that".

"But Jake said you were laughing and that you did penetrate" woods said.
"No...no....I mean yes we were laughing and cutting up but that was before we knew what was going on they were still bringing him to that bench".

" Solomon said I had no choice but to accept his gift or he was going to replace jake with me on the bench and have my wife watch every man in the place take me from behind".

"Man thats fucked up" woods said with an obvious look of shocked disgust on his face.

"I walked behind hi., he had seen me and by this point was screaming and pulling against the restraints".

"I didn't know what to do, I pulled down my pants and I was going to go through with it to save my own ass when I saw the restraints".

"No chains or rope just one clip on each cuff one quick move I could easily release him".

"Are you saying you relased him"? Woods asked.

"Yes".

"Well I'll have to look at the video again, Jake said he broke the table" woods wrote on his pad.

"No thats impossible, the clamps were just two handles that you pop out to the side nothing else and that bench was sturdy".

"Well anyway what happened "?

"Like I said he was pulling hard and once I released his right hand his elbow hit me in the the temple".

"I remember coming too and hearing screaming, I looked around just in time to see Solomon's head go flying across the room".

"Somehow after I released him he had broken the display case with the old sword in it and went on a rampage" I shiver at the memory of pushing myself up and slipping on all the blood.

"I tried to sneak out but I heard my name called"

"Oh maaark" she sang out, I heard her tacky steps as she walked barefoot across the blood covered dance floor

"I turned around and saw this gi...man whatever covered in blood with the most evil looking smile, im talking something even steven king couldn't dream up".

"I backed towards the fake plaster wall behind me".

"She slowly walked towards me so I closed my eyes, I could feel pee running down my legs" I shudder at the image, her eyes they seemed to glow in the light of the club they seemed almost blood red.

"I felt a slight pressure on my chest near my heart".

"And thats when you were nailed to the wall"? Woods asked.

"Yeah one quick motion that sword went through my chest out my back and through the stucco all the way to the hilt".

"I'm surprised you're not dead" woods stated putting a piece of gum in his mouth.

"The surgeon who removed the sword from me said it missed my heart by a fraction of an inch".

"Hurts like hell but for the most part its like a straight through bullet wound mainly just tissue damage and a scraped rib".

"Hey detective, is my wife ok"?

"She's fine back at the station, shes pretty hysterical right now so they're taking her to a psych ward for observation" woods said putting my mind at ease.

"Look im gonna let you rest but ill likely be back" woods said as he stood up.

Detective Woods walked out of Mark Peterson's room and down the hall.

His phone rang, "Woods" he said.

"Hey woods its Tony there is a young girl in your office, says she has info on this night club incident.

"Ill be there in a bit" woods said hanging up.
"Man this is a nightmare" he thought rubbing his temples.

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos