The best Christmas vacation ever.

Printer-friendly version

I cant believe I agreed to it, two weeks dressed like this a thousand miles away from home I thought as I climbed into my moms car that morning for the long drive to my aunts house.

My aunt Marcy who my mom hasn’t seen in over ten years invited my mom and me to come to her new house in Wyoming for the Christmas holidays.

She said it would be better then staying by our selves while dads in Iraq, my mom was over joyed in hearing from my aunt and agreed at once.

My mom begged and begged for me to come dressed like this and I finally caved, when we arrived I got out of the car and walked to the front door of this huge three story mansion of a log home.

This place was amazing, the wild Wyoming countryside and the lake off in the distance made this place even more to die for.

My uncle is one of the richest people I know, he owns a large chain of computer stores and is a major player in the stock market.

Well we walked in and my mom introduced me, I was so embarrassed to be seen like I was, after the introductions we were shone around this massive house then we went to eat lunch.

When we got back from taco bell I got to meet my cousin Morgan and her friend Stacy who was staying with us while her parents were away, “hello Morgan you remember my son David don’t you?”
My mom asked.

Morgan was a very pretty girl who was a month older then me at sixteen, and her friend was this very pretty blond who just irradiated feminine grace.

I was so embarrassed to be seen in my ratty old blue jeans, stained t-shirt and do-rag witch my mom made me wear for this trip.

I looked like a hobo who just jumped off the train.

Being from Alabama was funny to them, they liked my accent and my laid back southern attitude, we talked and talked and I thought we were becoming good friends.

Well that didn’t last long, we were talking when I decided to tell a joke, now being from the south I have a very unique since of humor.

I ain’t raciest and I damn sure ain’t a bigot, but I do like a good joke even if it‘s about someone else.
I have laughed at black jokes, white jokes, gay jokes and any other joke you can think of.

Well I decide to tell a joke that usually gets a lot of laughs from back home, mostly because of who is telling it.

“Hey where do you put pictures of missing tranny’s” I said, witch got me this look from the two girls.

“On cartons of half & half” and then I started laughing but they didn’t.

“You know David I thought you were different” Stacy said as I could see she was a little angry.

“What does that mean”? I asked.
“I thought you weren’t like all those bigots where you live but I guess I was wrong” she said as she got up and left.

I was pretty upset with myself, I didn’t know she was sensitive to transgender people, well the rest of the night she didn’t say a word to me, neither did Morgan.

The next morning I was going to apologize for the tenth time when I was told by my aunt to go and call the girls to breakfast.

I made my way across the large home to my cousins room, coming from a house where we normally don’t knock I just opened the door without thinking.

When I walked in I looked and was shocked, there was Stacy screaming and trying to cover herself.
But what caught my attention was the thing between her legs, most girls don’t have one of those.

Morgan slammed the door in my face and yelled for me to go away. I started to walk away when I heard “I cant believe that jerk saw me while I was getting dressed” followed by crying.

I knew what I had to do, I walked to the room I was staying in and went over to my large suit case, I searched through it till I found my bag with my normal clothes in it.

My mom had let me bring this bag but told me not to get my hopes up on getting to wear the clothes in it.

I took off my old baggie pants and shirt, I carefully pulled off the bandaging that held down my favorite body parts then went to the bag.

I pulled out a sports bra and a pair of boxer style panties, I then pulled out a set of black tights and my hunter green sweater dress witch came down to my knees.

I got dressed and pulled off the do rag and let my almost shoulder length hair fall out from under it, I brushed it out and put my favorite hair band in it.

I looked in the mirror and was so relived to see that I looked normal again. I put on a pair of black knee high moccasin boots witch I had bought just for this trip then I made my way back to the girls room.

When I got there I could hear them talking and saying some pretty bad things about yours truly, well I knocked on the door and asked if I could come in.

And needless to say I got both the girls answers at the same time, I kept knocking till I heard someone stomping across the room.

The door swung open and Stacy started saying “Look assho…..” she stopped mid sentence and stood there with her jaw on the floor.

“May I come in please” I shyly asked.
All Stacy could do was nod.

I walked over to the bed and sat down next to Morgan who was in a state of shock.

I sat down and crossed my legs at the ankles.
“Is this some sort of joke” Morgan asked.
“Nope its just the real me” I said while pointing to my self.

“If this is the real you then what was with that joke last night” Stacy asked.
“Its one I tell all the time back at home, it don’t mean I’m a bigot just because I like those kind of jokes” I said.

“I mean I learned that joke from one of my close friends at my support group meeting for transgender teens”.

“So your not a bigot you just have a weird since of humor right”? Morgan asked.

“Yep” I said.

that’s when I heard giggling from Stacy, she looked at me and said “ well now that I think about it, it was pretty funny” she said.

We talked for a few minutes and the girls got to know the real me before my aunt called, well yelled at us to come to breakfast.

As we were walking Stacy asked if my mom knew, that’s when I told her that both my parents knew and were ok with me.

When I was twelve I came out to my parents that I was really a girl, it took a while but they came to accept it and took me to a doctor.

Well you can guess what happened after that, my mom never told my aunt and my aunt only knew of her nephew so my mom convinced me to go as a boy until my mom could find out what my aunts beliefs on the subject were.

When we walked in my mom looked at me then at my aunt and then back at me.

“Who is this Morgan”? my aunt asked.
My mom stood up, “Marcy I would like you to meet your niece Kayla” my mom said while pointing at me.

My aunt looked a little surprised but then she smiled and told us to hurry up and eat as we had a big day ahead of us.

My mom pulled me off to the side and I explained what had happened that morning.

Well after breakfast we all piled into my aunts car and went shopping, I left with a ton of new outfits as did my new BFF’s we had a blast the rest of the day.

And it was real fun the rest of the vacation as well.

We went snowmobile riding and I learned to ice skate and snow board, it was the best Christmas vacation ever.

I was happy to be around my family and new friends but the one thing I wanted every Christmas was to see my dad.

My dad is a career Marine stationed in Iraq, in the past five years he’s only been home on Christmas once so I did miss him a lot.

Well Christmas eve came and we all loaded in the car to go to my aunts church to attend a large Christmas play that both Morgan and Stacy were in.

It was one of my all time favorites, the nut cracker.
The girls did wonderful and I could tell that this church spared little when it came to performances like these.

We all got home at around eleven o clock that night and went to bed.
Me and the girls all fell asleep in the large den by this huge log fire place.

When we woke up in the morning we all gathered around the Christmas tree and started with our presents, Morgan got a brand new play station 3 with five new games as well as some new outfits and shoes.
Stacy got some new cloths and shoes too, she also got a ps3 and some games.

Well I was stocked to see that I got the same thing, that’s also when we noticed that we all had the same outfits.

We each had a green sweater with a rain deer on them as well as matching pleated green skirts and tights.

I thought we were done when my mom pointed out this huge present behind the tree, it was so big I don’t know how we never saw it.

Uncle john walked over and with a little effort pushed the heavy box out into the open, I turned white when he read the name tag and said my name.

I slowly walked over to the box and started to rip the paper, I pulled the tape off the top and before I knew it the top of the box sprang open.

All I saw was the flash of Marine corps pixilated camo and the feeling of two large arms wrapping around me.

“Did my baby girl miss me”?
I threw my arms around him and nodded into his chest while tears of joy came streaming down my face.

My dad stepped out of the box and my mom came over and joined us in our big hug.

I was so happy that my dad was home, it turns out that they had a drawing were my dad was stationed at.

The winner got to go home and spend a month of his choosing with his family, my dad was one of three winners.

Well after all that we ate breakfast, I didn’t let my dad out of my sight the rest of the day.

After my vacation was over me my mom and dad loaded up and left for home, I left Wyoming with some of the best memories I’ve ever had and the promise from my aunt to let me come back some time in the summer.

Since I’ve come back home I have spent almost every spare minute I can doing things with my dad until he has to return to work.

Either way looking back on the past few weeks I really must say that this was indeed the best Christmas ever.

The end. i hope you like, Kayla :D

up
140 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

well, this was a sweet story

well, this was a sweet story with some funny twists :p

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

nice story

good story. lot of human interest in it. keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

Not bad at all Kayla.

Keep at it, you'll get there.

Watch the spelling.

LoL
Rita

I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac.
'Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there's a dog.'

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Sweet story

That surprised me a little I didnt know where it was going at first. Being retired military myself I can totally relate to the homecoming surprise scene, having spent a lot of time in the past away for various holidays and birthdays. Oh it gives me vast memories to draw from for writing. Keep at it I look forward to others. AND Merry Christmas.

Nikki Thong

"Be loving, forgiving, open, happy, sharing, thoughtful, musical, cry a little everyday, but for goodness sakes be honest with yourself!"
"Satin makes me sooooo happy! Giggles!"

Nikki Thong

"Be loving, forgiving, open, happy, sharing, thoughtful, musical, cry a little everyday, but for goodness sakes be honest with yourself!"
"Satin makes me sooooo happy! Giggles!"

I like it a lot!

Sometimes, as part of our camo, we make disparaging remarks about people who we know have similar issues to our own. What the heck, we'll never see that person again, right? If we get a laugh, it's a great way to keep people from seeing those traits in ourselves. In my case, it has worked pretty well, people that know me have no idea who I really am.

I love this story it is very sweet, with a little bit of a twist as David reveals herself to be Kayla. Maybe I was over thinking it, but I didn't see that coming. The remainder of the story was just as sweet-especially when Dad showed up. I loved that Mom and Dad had given Kayla their full support, despite the typical Marine stereotype. Marines may be rough and tough, but most of them have brains and loving hearts as well.

Good story!

Wren