K&P Services Chapter 22

Printer-friendly version

Jackie looks at the file she had of the man that had been captured in Kentucky. She ran his face through all the databases she had access to. The only one that had anything on this person, was in the immigration computer. He had entered the country through California. When she tried to access Interpol or the Indian government computers, there wasn’t anything on Mehta Singh, which was the name on the passport he had used.

According to the backtracking she had done, he had boarded a flight in Hyderabad, India and made his way to Walker, Kansas. According to the police record, she pulled up on him before she left home. He was being charged with assault, breaking and entering, first-degree murder. They had found three bodies just outside the perimeter of the private airfield.

She takes a sip of her sparkling water. As for the bullet Marshal Bullock sent her. That told her a different story. That assassin’s name was Rayshon Laghari and he had a lot of bad energies to him. That told her he had a lot of kills and ghost following him. Both men had a unique scar on their right hand. She drew a picture of him from memory to send to Bullock.

Jackie was on the way to visit Mehta Singh in Walker, Kansas jailhouse. As for the other assassin, he was still in Tennessee. She had felt that he was upset that his target wasn’t dead and was planning on trying again.

As for the person he tried to kill. She was fighting for her life. She touched the bullet. However, she does know for certain, the woman will overcome the battle going on inside her.

“How much longer before we land, Ralph?” Jackie moves up to the cockpit and looks out the front windshield of the cockpit.

“We’ll be landing in thirty minutes. Are we staying overnight?” Ralph looks at Jackie.

“Only for a few hours, Ralph. We’ll be flying back to Knoxville, Tennessee.” She had sent the text message to Marshal Bullock to warn him
about the second person and what his name was. She included the drawing she did of him. That way Bullock would have some type picture to pass along to law enforcement and the husband of the strange woman that had been attack. As for his location, she needed to be closer to locate where he was. As for his target, she suggested that they moved her and don’t let anyone near her that isn’t authorized. She didn’t know when he planned on attacking her again, but she got the feeling it would be soon.

Airfield, Walker, Kansas
Jackie’s private jet lands at Walker airfield. Her plane is met by the ground crew there. There was a car there waiting for her from the local sheriff department. While Jackie is gone, her pilot files a new flight path with the air tower to Tennessee.

August was outside the hangar watching as a flight landed at the airfield. She wonders who it was. As she was watching, one of the Sheriff’s patrol car pulls up to the parked plane. A person dressed in a black business suit walks out of the plane and gets into the patrol car.

August watches as the Sheriff’s car turns around and leaves the airfield. She only caught a glimpse of the passenger and saw that they had black hair. She wonders who the person was and who the plane belonged to.

August snaps a picture of the plane and head back inside the office and runs the number on the tail. It comes back as government owned. She leans back in her chair and wonders if the person she saw was FBI or NSA. She checks on the children and her sister. Rebecca and Lev have moved back into their place. Some friends of Rebecca’s father were securing the garage. No one was getting into this place again. Brutus and Titus were making sure of that. Titus was watching Rebecca’s kids in their bedroom and Brutus was watching Kat’s children. He stayed in their bedroom over at her place.

Sheriff’s Department, Walker, Kansas:
Jackie arrives at the Sheriff’s department and gets out. She follows the deputy sheriff inside the building. He takes her to meet Sheriff Gibson.

“Hey boss, FBI Special Agent Carol Connors is here.” Deputy Henderson steps aside to let his boss see Carol.

Sheriff Gibson looks at the petite black hair woman. She was dress in your typical FBI black suit and wearing dark shades. She wasn’t very tall and looked extremely young.

“Welcome to Walker, Kansas special agent Connors. I hope your flight was enjoyable.” Sheriff Gibson had been told by the FBI that an agent would be flying in to question the assassin he was holding.

“It was enjoyable, Sheriff. Has your prisoner said anything at all?” Carol could feel the assassin nearby and was planning his escape.

“No, ma’am. He hasn’t spoken a word and he has refused to eat any food we give him.” Sheriff Gibson wonders why he was being so stubborn.

“Do you mind if I talk with him?” Carol already felt she was going to have to rip the information from this person’s mind.

“I don’t think he’s going to talk, but your welcome to him.” Sheriff Gibson escorts Carol to the interrogation room.

The assassin was brought in and secured to the table. He had bandages where Brutus and Titus thought he was a chew toy. He looks at the short black hair woman sitting across from him.

“Hello, my name is Carol Connors and I’m with the FBI and I have some questions for you. Now, can you tell me your name and where you are from.” Jackie was watching and saw the answers when he thought it.

A smile appears on her face “can you tell me what this scar means on top of your right hand?”

The man said nothing, but she got it from his mind. She looks into his eyes and could tell he was thinking about killing her and everyone here in the sheriff’s department. Carol leans towards Mehta Singh “you can tell me your secrets, or I can rip them from your mind. If I rip them, you won’t like it, Mehta Singh.”

“I’ll tell you nothing.” Mehta gives her a death glare.

“Oh, you will tell me anything I want you too.” As she enters his mind and starts ripping thoughts from him.

Mehta Singh starts screaming as he feels her inside his head. He could feel her going into places no one should be allowed to go. He tries to keep her out of his mind, but she just breaks through. He falls forward onto the table with drool coming out of his mouth.

Carol leans back against her chair and got her breathing under control. She tore into his mind and took every thought she could from him about the assassination. She took where they were from and what the scar meant.

Her head was hurting a little, but she would get over it. She had every name of every victim he had gone after. She could see their spirits clinging to him.

Sheriff Gibson and one of his deputies were outside the interrogation room watching the FBI agent. He heard the agent ask him a question and then there was static and the next thing they saw and heard was the assassin screaming his head off like someone was killing him. All the FBI agent did was watch him.

After a few minutes, the assassin falls face forward towards the table. He had drool coming out of his mouth and the FBI agent writing some information down on a tablet. She sat back in her seat.

“What the hell just happened, sheriff?” The deputy couldn’t figure out what just happened.

“I don’t know, but I am going to ask.” He walks around to the door that leads inside the interrogation room and entered.

Sheriff Gibson walks into the interrogation room and looks at petite FBI agent Connor as she wrote down some information. He wonders where she got it.

“What the hell just happened?” Gibson just looks at her.

“I used hypnosis on him to get the information we need, Sheriff. Here’s the information he gave me.” Carol hands the paper she wrote to him.

Gibson takes it and looks over it. It had the person’s name, where he came from and what the scar on top of his right hand meant. It also listed that he was a member of an ancient assassin guild in India called Thuggees.

“Why would an assassin from India be trying to kill Mrs. Romano’s children?” Gibson couldn’t figure that out.

“Why do most assassins kill people, sheriff? They were more than likely paid a lot of money to do the job and since they aren’t from the states. None of the crime families or assassins here would know about it.” Carol knew more, but she wasn’t going to say.

“Did he say who hired him?” That information would be helpful.

“Unfortunately, no.” Carol had tried to get the information, but he didn’t know. He had been sent by his clan leader from the council.

Sheriff Gibson looks at Carol” you said you used hypnosis to get the information?”

“Yes, sir. It’s a new technique we are using. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t work.” Carol hopes he believes the explanation. She didn’t want to use her ability to make him forget what he saw or implant a memory.

“What caused him to scream as he did?” Sheriff Gibson was curious about that.

“Oh, that. I made him believe he was falling. He’ll be alright when he wakes up.” Carol was lying through her teeth. She knew when he comes around, he was going to have one hell of a headache.

“Alright, so when are your people coming to escort him out of my jail?”

“In a few days, after his case has been heard. Oh, one more thing Sheriff. It might be best to keep your eyes on this one. He was planning on escaping tonight.” Jackie does use a little bit of her ability to compel the Sheriff to take precaution.

“I’ll do that. If you’re done. I’ll have you driven back to the airfield.” Sheriff Gibson figures she would want to go back to wherever she came from.

The Deputy that brought Carol Connor from the airport, takes her back to the airfield. He drives her right up to her Learjet.

“You have a nice flight, Mrs. Connor.” Deputy Henderson watches as FBI Special Agent Carol Connor boards the Lear Jet.

“You have a nice night, Deputy.” Carol boards the plane and shuts the door.

“Ralph, take us to Knoxville, Tennessee please.” Jackie sits down in the chair she sat in when she arrived.

“Yes, ma’am.” Ralph starts rolling down the airstrip after getting the okay from the tower.

Once they were up in the air, Jackie grabs herself a flavored water and a snack to munch on. She looks over the notes she jotted down from being inside Mehta Singh mind. She doesn’t want to ever go inside another mind like his. He was sick, demented and only cared about his religion and money.

Jackie now knew what she had to do. She accesses the Indian government computers and goes looking through their black Op’s files. While digging through the files, she finds their listing of several different assassin or death squads that the government kept track of in their country. It takes a while to dig through the files but she finds the one she was looking.

“Ma’am. We're about to land. You might want to shut down all your electronics and fasten your seat belt.” Ralph gets instruction from the control tower to land.

Jackie looks at the time on her watch and couldn’t believe she has been at it for four hours. She shuts down her laptop after she gets the information. She checks the reservations she made for herself, under another one of her false identities.

up
210 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I bet

Monique S's picture

whoever hired that assassin didn't see this coming.

Monique S

It is odd

but I totally do not remember a telepath in this story line

Jackie aka The The Librarian

was introduce in chapter 21 and also her own character background story.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

This assassination clan

Samantha Heart's picture

Is going to be VERY VERY sorry they messed with Kat & her kids some high up people will see to that. People that are known, but not known.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Low-balled

They're also going to be sorry about what they charged for this job. How ever much it was, I doubt they charged enough for this particular job. It is going to be much more costly than they figured. And that's if they can even accomplish it, which I strongly doubt.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin