K&P Services Chapter 21

Printer-friendly version

Brittney and Terri arrive home with their bodyguards. Crystal was holding Brittney as they walked into the house. Terri was upset and wish she had someone like Crystal. She knew her sister would do anything for her.

Neither one of them were hungry. Luke stopped at one of his favorite restaurants to grab food for everyone. Valentina and Alexa were watching the girls. They could tell that they were upset. Alexa walks over to Terri and holds her. She remembered when Paul and Kat adopted her.

Now she would be a mother herself. She and her wife adopted that young girl they rescued. She holds Terri as she cries. Both girls’ cry themselves to sleep. Alexa takes Terri to her bedroom and undresses her. She slips Terri’s nightgown on her sleeping form.

“Sleep tight, pumpkin.” Alexa places a kiss on her forehead.

Crystal leads Brittney to her bedroom and manages to undress her. She lays Brittney down on her bed.

“Sleep tight, sweetie.” Crystal walks out of the bedroom and closes the door behind her.

Valentina looks at Crystal as she comes walking out of Brittney’s bedroom. Normally, Crystal would have crawled in bed with her.

“What, not laying down with your girlfriend?” Valentina had a teasing look about her.

“No, Brittney is upset about Kat. I know what it is like to have a parent in the hospital.” Crystal worried when her mother went into the hospital.

“I’m afraid what Paul is going to do. He’s pissed beyond words. First, someone tried to kill the twins and then tried to kill, Kat. I don’t recall ever seeing him that pissed before.” Crystal was looking at her teammates. They have been working for Kat and Paul longer then she has.

Tony looks at Kat’s team “I think he is going to war. I know if Kat was awake, she would be by his side.”

“You know Kat better than anyone, Tony.” Alexa looks at the man that was Kat’s childhood friend.

“That I do, and I know she has a mean streak in her that is a mile long. She’s calmed down since meeting Paul and becoming a mother.
However, attack her family or friends. She becomes the angel of vengeance.” Tony knew how vindicated, Kat could be.

“Do you think she would go as far as Paul would?” Alexa and Luke were curious about that.

“To a certain point. Kat was raised by a police officer. She knows when to cross the line and when not to. Although, lately she is getting closer and closer to crossing that line.” Tony has been watching his childhood friend.

He has seen some changes in her. He figured it was the jobs she took, but he wonders if its not only the job but her children as well. Was she trying to make the world safer by eliminating the dangers to her family and herself?

“All we can do is hope Paul doesn’t cross the line and hope Kat recovers from her operations.” Luke would hate to see Paul cross the line.

Knoxville, Tn. US Marshal Office:
Marshal Bullock and Marshal Running Bear had gone back to the office and was running the picture Kat sent them through the criminal database. They were also reaching out to people they knew.

Marshal Bullock dials a number he hasn’t dialed in a long time. He hopes she hasn’t changed her number.

Key Largo, FL.:
Jackie was laying outside on her lounger enjoying the breeze coming off the ocean. Her home was built on stilts after the flooding the place has suffered over the years. She had her top and bottom off as she tanned her slim athletic body.

Music was playing in the background as she enjoyed herself. Her cellphone starts playing Good Morning ringtone. Jackie picks it up and check who it was that decided to disturb her afternoon. She saw Marshal Bullock's name appear on her screen. She hasn’t heard from him in years.
She wonders what he wants now.

Jackie presses the accept button on her phone “good afternoon, Marshal. What can I do for you?”

Bullock was surprised when Jackie’s childlike voice came over his speaker. If he didn’t already know how old she really was, he would think he was talking to a twelve-year-old girl.

“Hi Jackie, I know its been a while since I have called you, but I need your help identifying an assassin.” Marshal knew Jackie had a database of ever assassin and agent that has ever lived.

People call her the Librarian. How she got their picture or information was unknown, but she knew everything about them and where they might be. Even if they changed their name and looks. How she does it, no one knew, and she never reveals how she finds the information.

“What’s the favor, Bullock?” Jackie wonders who she needed to find now.

“The last time she had to find someone for him, it almost cost her.”

“I need to find an assassin that went after some kids and went after a resource of mine. Do you think you might be able to find them?”

“Send me a picture of them, and I’ll see what I can do.” Jackie needed a picture of them or some sort of description of the person.

“I can send you one, but I don’t know what the other one looks like.” Bullock wishes he had a description of the person.

“Do you have anything that they have touched of their own?” Jackie knew it was harder to work with, but she could do it.

“I can get you a bullet that he touched.” Bullock figures he could get the bullet they removed from Kat’s chest.

“Alright, send me that and make sure it hasn’t been touched too much.” Jackie figures she could use it to locate the killer.

“Send it to your normal drop box?” Bullock wasn’t sure if she used the same dropbox.

“Yes. Once I receive it. I’ll let you know what I get from it.” Jackie slips her sunglasses on after a cloud passes by.

“Alright, I’ll send it by Federal Express to you.” As he jots down some notes.

“I’ll send you my bill like normal. Good day, Marshal.” Jackie ends the call.

Knoxville, Tn. US Marshal Office:
Running Bear looks over towards Bullock as he sets his cellphone on the desk. He wonders who he was talking too.

“Who was that you were talking too?” Running Bear was curious.

“The Librarian.” Bullock wanted to see if his partner ever heard of her.

“Who’s the Librarian?”

“Who she really is, no one knows. Her identity is unknown, but she is known to be able to get information on anyone she goes looking for. No one knows how she manages to do it, but she does. She can dig up information on people that they didn’t even know about themselves. A lot of Government agencies would love to get their hands on her and make her work for them. The problem is, by the time they find where she is living, she is gone. She leaves no traces that she has been at the location, except a note saying Bye-Bye! It's like she knows they are coming for her.” Marshal Bullock knew agents from several countries that had tried to grab her, and she managed to evade them.

“How did you find her?”

“I was working on a case and I received an anonymous message telling me to watch my back. One of the people I was protecting, was planning on killing everyone. The killer was playing us, so he could get close to the ones I was protecting. Turns out her message was spot on.
The killer missed me. I managed to take him down before he could try to kill me and the family I was protecting. After that, it seemed like she was looking after me and gave me a way to contact her.” Bullock still had the letter and instructions on how to contact her.

“So, you do know it’s a girl, then?” Running Bear caught that about the way Bullock talked about the person.

“Yes, I do know it’s a woman. She sounds like a teenage girl, but she isn’t.” Bullock was watching Running Bear.

“How do you know, she isn’t a teenage girl? You said no one knows anything about her.”

“Because I saw her once. She was dress like Carmen San Diego from the kid's cartoons. I couldn’t see her face, but she moved like a well-trained agent.” Bullock thought it was funny when he saw her. He never asked her why she was dressed that way, that day.

“That still doesn’t prove the person is female.” Running Bear knew people could disguise themselves to look like genetic women.

“How about a piece of DNA taken from her?” Bullock pulls out a clear baggy with three strands of hair inside.

“Are those her hair?” Now Running Bear figures they had something.

“Yes, she has true red hair, not dyed. She’s twenty-six years old and is of Irish and Welsh heritage. According to her DNA, she has green eyes
and is XY.” He had the DNA still attached to the hair follicle.

“So, we know she is a she and how old she is. Since she has never committed a crime before. Her DNA won’t be in the system.” Running Bear leans back in his chair.

“The thing is, every time someone enters it in the system. It disappears later. Even on the back-ups.” Bullock checked after they entered it.

“Then, that means she is a hacker and has access to our system.” Running Bear wonders if that is how she gets her information.

“The tech department monitored her file and it still managed to disappear without being accessed.” Bullock was still confused about how it happened.

“I don’t know then. Hopefully, your trust in her. Will be of some use to us.”

up
191 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Librarian

WillowD's picture

I hope this character show up more. I like her.

This mystery transwoman

Samantha Heart's picture

Knows her stuff almost like Leslie Moo's Jessica Jade only this woman uses computers & sounds like psychic information to help those she needs to & excape when she needs too. I hope she can ID the two killers.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Dead meat walking

Jamie Lee's picture

Reaching out from two different directions, and to different people, may result in the wanted information.

Since the Librarian seems to have unusual abilities, and has proven her abilities, she may be the one to provide the name of the person who shot Kat.

As to who put out the contract, hopefully the others contacted can provide that information.

Either way, all involved in the attempted murders are walking dead. They just don't know it.

Others have feelings too.