K&P Services Chapter 20

Printer-friendly version

Brittney, Carol, Terry, Crystal, Marshal Bullock, Tony, Alexa, Valentina, Luke, Marshal Running Bear and Paul were all out in the waiting room at the hospital. Brittany and Terry were holding their father, one to comfort them and two to keep him from going berserk. They knew their
father was ready to kill whoever shot their mother. They have never seen him so pissed before.

The doctor’s working hard on keeping their mother alive. If her heart had been like most normal people’s, she would be dead right now. However, because her organs and heart were on the other side of her chest and reverse. The bullet embedded itself in her chest plate, but it did nick an artery.

Marshal Bullock looks at Paul and could tell he was ready to kill someone. The only thing stopping him from flying off the handle was his girls. They were worried about their mother and knew their father was ready to kill someone.

Their aunt Kristen was in the same hospital. She had been told about what happened to Kat. She was worried about her little sister.

“Do we know who shot Kat?” Tony looks towards the Marshal’s for an answer.

“We think it might be the same person related to the man who tried to kill her children in Walker, Kansas.” Marshal Bullock shows the picture Kat sent him.

Tony looks at the picture and saw it was an Indian man. As far as he knew, there hasn’t been any Indian assassins in Knoxville.

“I have no idea who he is. Did you run his face through your systems?” Tony looks at both Marshals.

“Not yet. As soon as we heard Kat had been shot. We came as fast as we could.” Marshal Bullock felt he owed Kat that much for what she and her crew did.

The surgeon who had been working on Kat comes into the waiting room and over to Paul and the girls. He removes his mask.

“How is she?” Paul was concerned about his wife.

“She’s in critical condition right now. I need to know; did you know she was born with a condition called Situs Inversus?” The doctor looks at Paul and her girls.

Paul looks at the doctor with a puzzled look on his face. He had no idea what that was.

“Doctor Stroke, what is Situs inversus?” Brittney was curious.

“It is a congenital condition in which the major visceral organs are reversed or mirrored from their normal positions. Your mother was lucky her heart wasn’t set up like a normal person is or she would be dead right now. I did manage to fix the nick to her artery and remove the bullet from her chest plate.” Dr. Stroke managed to stop the bleeding from an artery the bullet nicked.

“Can we see our mother, Dr. Stroke?” Terry and Brittney wanted to see their mother.

“I’m sorry girls, not right now. Maybe in a few days, you can visit her.” Dr. Strokes figure Kat is going to be out of it for a few days.

“Mr. Romano, she’s going to be alright. If you would like to go in and see her, go ahead.”

“Thank you “Paul looks at Terry and Brittney “girls, go with Alexa and Luke back to the house. Crystal and Valentina, go with them please.”

“We will boss.” Crystal and Valentina look at the girls.

Brittney and Terry hug their father before they walk off with Alexa, Terry, Crystal, and Valentina. Both girls had tears coming down their face. They didn’t want anything to happen to their mother.

“Tony, can you watch over them, please? I know Kat trust you.” Paul had turned to look at Tony.

Tony has been Kat’s friend since they were little kids. If there was anyone she trusted with her children and family, it was him.

“I’ll watch after them. I’ll talk with my captain and have a car posted outside your place.” Tony follows the girls.

Paul looks at Marshal Bullock “it wouldn’t be too much to ask if you could post a guard here, would it?”

“I’ll post a guard here, to protect Kat. What are you going to do?” Bullock had a bad feeling.

“Something that you two Marshal’s can’t do.” Paul pulls out his cellphone and dials a number he hasn’t dial in a while.

He left that life behind him when he became a bounty hunter. Unfortunately, he was going to step back into again.

The Mark, New York, New York:
Casey was pulling her panties up when her cellphone starts ringing. She looks over towards the john she drugged and rolled. The man was an overweight guy that loved beating on women and gambling. His debt was high, and she was sent to collect. He had a weakness for pretty faces.

The drug she gave him was going to kill him over time. By next week, he will be half his size.

She checks who is calling her and couldn’t believe the name that showed on it. She presses the accept button “well, hello stranger. It’s been years since I heard from you.”

“Hey Casey, sorry for not staying in touch with you, but I felt it was best if no one from my old life knew about what I was doing.”

“Then you're dumber than I thought you were. You and that cat lady have been on the news even up here. Why did you call me?” Casey continued to get dress while she was talking with Paul.

“I’m cashing in the favor you owe me. I need for you to see if a contract was put out on my wife and me and by whom.” Paul knew Casey had connects that span beyond the mafia.

“If I do this favor for you. We’re even. I don’t owe you anything, anymore.” Casey knew she owed Paul big time.

“Yes, your debt to me will be paid in full.” Paul will clear her debt to him.

“Okay, is this a good number to reach you at?” Casey was finally dressed and was leaving the hotel.

“Yeah, you can reach me at this number any time.”

“Alright, I’ll call you when I learn something. You take care, Paul.” Casey ends the call.

Paul dials another number. The person he was calling was part of the Scranton Wilkes-Barre family in Northern Pennsylvania. He hasn’t talked with Dominic for a long time. He dials his number and waits for an answer.

Bradford County, Pennsylvania:
Alice was getting a glass of iced tea for her father. He was outside working on his car and she was helping. The house phone starts ringing. She walks over and picks it up “hello?”

Paul was surprised a young girl answered the phone “Hello, I’m trying to reach Dominic Trovato. Is he available?”

“Can I ask who is calling?” Alice was told by her father to always ask who was calling.

“Tell him it’s Paul Romano from New York.” Paul knew Dominic only knew him from being from New York.

“Let me get my dad.” Alice takes the portable outside.

Paul didn’t know Dominic had a daughter. The last time he saw him, he was just made a Capo and had no kids. The young girl on the phone sounded young and couldn’t be Dominic’s daughter.

Alice walks out to her father with the tea and the phone “daddy, there’s a guy on the phone called Paul Romano from New York asking for you.”
Dominic looks up from under the hood and over towards Alice. He knew Paul from New York. It’s been several years since he has spoken to him.

“Bring me the phone sweetheart.” Dominic looks at his adopted daughter. It’s been four months since he found her and nursed her back to health.

Alice hands Dominic the phone and his tea. She’s been happy since Dominic rescued her. She stands nearby, just in case he needed anything.

“Hello, Paul?”

“Hey, Dominic. It’s been a while. I’m calling to cash in the favor you owed me.” Paul knew Dominic hated owing favors.

“What can I do for you, Paul?” Dominic wonders what Paul was going to ask.

“I need for you to check on a few things for me. I had an Indian assassin try to kill my children. I also had someone try to kill my wife. Can you see who put the hit out and see who picked it up, please?”

“No problem give me your number and email address so I can send the information to you.” Dominic pulls out a small notebook.

Paul gives Dominic his email and phone number. He was curious about the girl, but he and Dominic weren’t that close.

“Alright, give me a few days to get the information for you.” Dominic puts the notebook in his back pocket.

“Thanks, Dominic.” Paul ends the call.

Bullock and Running Bear looks at Paul “who were those people you called?”

“Friends of mine that owe me a favor. The first one, you know as Bloodflower. She uses different types of poison to punish her victims. The
second is Dominic Trovato. He is the Capo for the Scranton Wilkes-Barre family.”

“You know Bloodflower and Dominic Trovato? Both those people are wanted on numerous charges.” Bullock has seen both their records.
Bloodflower along was wanted in eight countries for killing over a hundred people. She never killed kids, but she did take the life of people who deserved it. She was known to use all sorts of deadly toxins and poisons found in nature.

Dominic Trovato has been arrested sixty-seven times and never convicted. No one has ever been able to make a case stick. He wasn’t a violent criminal, but he made sure he got the point across.

“You know both those people are wanted, don’t you?” Running Bear looks at Paul.

“I know and you would be a fool to go after them. First, they are my friends and I need their help. They have access to the information you would never get. Secondly, no offense to you Bullock and Running Bear, but what needs to be done falls outside of normal justice. You don’t put a hit on children. No hitman worth his salt would kill a child. The hitman that do take contracts for killing children are normally dealt with by people like me and Dominic.” Paul knew how Dominic felt about people who abused children. He has been known to put them in the hospital or worse.

“Alright, but keep us informed, please. You and Kat have been helpful to us and we want to help.” Bullock meant what he said.

After all of them being almost killed in that warehouse explosion in Memphis. He still felt responsible for almost getting them killed. He knows it couldn’t be helped, but he still felt responsible.

Marshal Bullock and Marshal Running Bear leave the hospital. Paul stays with his wife and holds her hand.

“I’ll get the one responsible for hurting you Kat, I promise.” He hated seeing Kat like she was.

up
192 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Once cat is awake

Samantha Heart's picture

I feel Cheshire will get a call as well. What some criminals cant find out she can in very very effective ways albeit some extremely painful.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Once cat is awake

Samantha Heart's picture

I feel Cheshire will get a call as well. What some criminals cant find out she can in very very effective ways albeit some extremely painful.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

The gates of hell are opening

Jamie Lee's picture

Calling in favors from people who walk on the far side of the law, and do it well, means hiding is not going to be easily done. And when the name of the person who took out the contract on Kat is known they will learn what hell on earth means.

Others have feelings too.