K&P Services Chapter 23 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

Paul was pacing back and forth out in the hallway of Kat’s hospital room. Kat’s older sister was in there with her, helping the nurse give Kat a sponge bath. Kat had woken up and squeezed his hand before she fell back asleep again. The pain medicine she was on, kept her out so her body could heal.

Kristen comes walking out of Kat’s room. She spots Paul pacing back and forth. She walks over to him and lay her hand on his shoulder “she’s going to be okay, Paul. My little sister is tougher than a junkyard dog.”

“I know Kristen, it’s just I have never seen Kat looking so vulnerable, before. Your sister has always been hard to bring down. Even when she has a cold.” Paul was trying to be strong, but he was having a hard time controlling his anger.

“Just give her time, Paul and remain calm. I know you want justice as much as I and my brother do.” Kristen wanted the son-of-bitch who shot her sister brought to justice.

McGhee Tyson Airport, Alcoa, Blount County, Tennessee:
Jackie’s private Lear jet lands. She had made arrangement for herself and her pilot. She covers up a yawn as she exists from her plane. She goes up to Enterprise car rental to see if her car was ready. There was a young woman behind the desk. She looks up when she notices a red haired woman wearing a business suit standing at the counter.

“How can I help you, ma’am?” Julia couldn’t believe how young the woman before her looked.

“I’m here to pick up my rental. It’s under Rosie Ann Huckabee.” A playful smile appears on her face.

She had designed the identity so well, that if anyone did research on her. They would find that Mike Huckabee and some woman that he had an affair with was her mother. The woman Mr. Huckabee had seen uses to work for him. She had a social security card, birth certificate and the medical form the doctor recorded when and what time a child is born.

“Ah, yes. Here it is.” Julia pulls the reservation order.

She looks at it and notices it was for a 2017 Dodge Challenger. She checks her inventory and notices they had one waiting for her.

“All I need now is a copy of your driver license and you’ll be all set.”

Jackie pulls the driver license out and hands it to Julia. She also pulls her insurance card as well. She hands that to Julia as well.

Julia makes a copy of her driver license and insurance card and adds them to her file. Once she was done with copying the license and insurance card. She hands them back to Mrs. Huckabee.

“Your car will be waiting for you outside, Mrs. Huckabee and thank you for using Enterprise.”

“You have a nice day as well.” Jackie turns around and heads towards the exit. She spots the Black Dodge challenger pulling up.

“Here you go, ma’am.” A young man with black curly hair hands her the keys.

“Thank you and here.” Jackie gives the young man a twenty-dollar bill.

“Thank you, ma’am.”

Jackie just smiles as she drives off. She stops at a gas station on her way to her hotel and buys an old fashion map. Once she arrives at the hotel, she checks in and goes directly to her room.

Once inside her room, she set’s up her ritual supplies and lay the map out. Once everything was laid out. She takes a quick shower and walk into the room naked and begin chanting as she forms a circle and lights some incenses.

She takes a quartz crystal on a string and holds it over the map. Jackie wraps the bullet she had been giving with the string connected to the crystal and concentrate on the bullet and the person who held it.

She didn’t need to do this fact-finding the way she was doing it. However, since she studied Wicca. She found this to be the best way to gather her thoughts and focus her talent in locating the assassin she was looking for. She knows she is copying what they did on the show Charm. The crystal starts moving on its own when her ability locates the assassin.

She could see him watching the hospital, looking for the right opportunity to strike. He was making note of the people coming and going out of the hospital. Jackie opens her eyes and grab her laptop. She does a google map search of the hospital and spots on it where he was watching the hospital from.

“Gotcha, you son of a bitch.” She gets dress as fast as she can and blow her candles out.

Jackie runs out of the room and with her keys in hand and races over to where the assassin was watching the hospital. She knows she needs to get there as fast as she could. He wasn’t going to stick around much longer.

Nearby Building, Near Knoxville General Hospital:
Rayshon Laghari has been watching from the rooftop, ever since he learned that he hadn’t killed the cat lady. The past two days he has seen her husband come and go, along with several others that belong to her family. There was no way he could shoot her through the glass because she was put in a room with no windows.

The only way he could kill her was to sneak into the hospital and up to her room. He had spotted his way into the hospital, from a back entrance.

“It’s a nice view from here, isn’t it?”

Rayshon turns around when he hears a female voice. He spots a young woman with red hair and dressed in a black skirt business suit and two-inch heels looking at him. There was nothing in her hands, that he could see.

He pulls a curved knife and moves quickly to strike her. He brings his knife across her chest and up. He back slices across her throat, so he thought.

Jackie blocks the strikes towards her body, with a wooden dowel she always carries with her. It was made from Allocasuarina luehmannii, which is an ironwood tree native to Australia. She picked up several arm length dowels made from the tree.

She blocks his strike to her body. She slips a second one down from her sleeve into her other hand and starts striking back. She uses one to block his attacks while striking his fighting hand.

Rayshon couldn’t believe his strikes had been blocked by the red hair woman with only a dark wooden dowel. He was even more surprised as a second dark wooden dowel appeared in her hand and when she connected with his wrist. His dominant hand was smarting painfully where those dowels of hers had connected.

He feels the dowel connect with his hand and caused him to drop his karambit. He feels her connect with his other hand and cause him to drop the karambit he was holding. He drops to the ground when the woman knocks his legs out from under him.

“Now, you are going to tell me who you are and where you came. If you don’t, I am going to rip it out of your head.” Jackie looks down at the Indian man kneeling before her.

“నేను మీకు ఏమీ చెప్పను!” He just looks at Jackie.

“Okay, the hard way then.” Jackie didn’t know what he said, but she figured it was the same thing his friend said to her.

Jackie looks directly into his eyes and could see and feel him resist her. A smile appears on her face as she pushes harder against his mental barrier.

“I see you have had some training. It isn’t going to help you.” She pushes hard and breaks through his weak barrier.

She didn’t like what she was seeing and what he had done to people. Especially, what he did to several teenage girls that he had been hired to make an example of. She could feel her stomach roil as she tries not to throw up. The crimes he committed were unbelievable.

Jackie pulls out of his head. He didn’t know who hired him or the other assassin. All she got, was that he had been hired to kill Kat and bring her head back as proof. She looks at him “you know, I should do this world a favor and kill you. However, there is someone I think who will enjoy torturing you even more.”

Jackie pulls her cellphone out and dials Paul’s number. She got it from doing research on him. She’ll call Bullock afterward and tell him what she yanked from this guys head. That is if she can get the images she saw out of her head.

Knoxville General:
Paul was holding Kat’s hand when his cellphone starts vibrating. He glances at the display and it showed blocked number. He turns back to Kat and ignores it.

It starts vibrating again and showed a blocked number on the display. He picks the phone up and answers it “Hello?”

“Hello, Mr. Romano. You don’t know me, but I know all about you and your wife. I have the person that shot your wife and what he had planned on doing to her body. If you’ll come out to the back parking lot behind the hospital. I will turn him over to you, to do whatever you like to him.” Jackie felt that Paul should make that judgment.

“Why should I trust you?” Paul was suspicious.

“Because there isn’t anything in this for me, except information. I really don’t care if you meet me or not. I could just turn him over to Marshal Bullock but figured you would like to interrogate him first.” Jackie looks down at Rayshon.

She had zip-tied him and gagged him as well. She didn’t bandage his wounded hands. She figures Paul would like to have some fun first. She also left a mental command in his head to tell Paul whatever he wanted to know.

“Alright, I’ll meet you. This better not be a set-up or I will hunt you down.” Paul wasn’t in a nice mood.

“Promises, Promises.” Jackie ends the call.

She looks down at Rayshon “Now, how am I supposed to get you down for Mr. Romano to have his fun?”

Jackie picks him up and locates the rope he used to climb up the back of the building. She uses it to lower the two of them down and carry his body over to where she said she would meet Paul. She pull her mask up to cover her face and put her dark shades on to cover her eyes.

Paul rushes out of Kat’s room and takes the emergency stairs down to the ground floor. He rushes towards the back exit, where the ambulances pull in and out the door. He looks towards the back lot and spot two people. One had red hair and stood a little taller than Kat. The other one was Indian and was gagged and zip-cuffed.

“Are you the one that called me?” He walks towards her.

He could see that her eyes and face was covered up. He didn’t see any weapons in her hands. She was also wearing a skirt business suit.

“Yes, I called you. Here is the person responsible for shooting your wife. Do what you want with him. I leave that to your discretion. Oh, before I leave, you might want to ask him what he was supposed to do with your wife’s body to prove he succeed.” Jackie turns to walk off.

“Why are you helping me?” Paul looks at Rayshon and was already thinking about what he was going to do to him.

“I'm not. I’m helping Marshal Bullock. Good day, Mr. Romano.” Jackie heads towards her rental.

Paul looks down at Rayshon “now you are going to see what real pain is.”

Twenty minutes later, US Marshal’s Office, Knoxville, Tennessee:
Marshal Bullock was going over everything Jackie sent him when his cellphone starts ringing. He picks it and notices there was a text message on the display. It said, come to the garage, now.

He couldn’t believe Jackie was here in Knoxville. He looks over toward Running Bear.

“You better come with me.” As he gets up and heads towards the door.

“Why what’s up?” Running Bear gets up and follows behind Bullock.

“She’s here and wants to talk to us.” Bullock heads towards the elevator and takes it to the garage.

They get to the garage and look around.

“Over here, fellows.” Jackie spotted Bullock and someone who must be his partner with him.

Bullock and Running Bear walks in the direction of the voice.

“That’s close enough, fellows.” Jackie steps out of the shadows dressed like Carmen Sandiego. The long red trench coat and fedora hat and dark sunglasses.

“Back to your tricks, Jackie?” Bullock had a smile on his face.

“I figure, since we first met like this, that it would be appropriate for me to be dress like this. Also, this way you know it is me and not imposters.” A sly smile appears on Jackie’s face.

“If you say so. What do you have for me?” Bullock wonders what she had.

Running Bear was watching her and everything around them. He didn’t think this was a trap, but he didn’t want to risk it.

“It’s not a trap, Mr. Running Bear. I wouldn’t do that to someone I saved. As for why I am here, catch.” Jackie tosses underhand the flash drive she created.

Running Bear caught it. He notices it was a USB thumb drive.

“What’s on it?” Running Bear looks towards Jackie.

“Everything I took from Rayshon Laghari. There is some sick stuff in there. Trust me, that you shouldn’t go through that drive with a full stomach.” Jackie still couldn’t get those images out of her head. She shivers just thinking about it.

“Where is Mr. Rayshon Laghari?” Bullock was wondering about that.

“With someone who is going to make him talk or not. I would advise not to interrupt him. The man was supposed to send his wife’s head back
to India as proof she was dead. As for who put the hit out. You are going to have to go to India to find out. Neither assassin knew who commissioned the hit. All they were told was to bring Kat’s head and her children’s heads back as proof.” Jackie shivers again and feels her stomach ready to heave.

“So, we have to go to India to find out?”

“Yes. I might join you, just to collect information on the culture of the assassins. That is if you go. Also, you’ll have additional company. You’ll need to talk with Paul Romano once he has his fun.” An evil grin appears on her face.

“You know, you could have turned him over to us.” Bullock was a little disappointed Jackie hadn’t.

“You’re right, I could have. But, it wasn’t your wife or mother that was shot. Paul Romano needs to vent his anger before it destroys him. Now, since my time is up. Contact me if Mr. Paul Romano decides to go to India.” Jackie turns and disappears into the shadows.

Running Bear looks at Bullock “should we stop him?”

“No, let him get the information, we were handed.” Bullock starts heading back to the elevator.

Running Bear follows behind him.

Story continues in The New Recruits Chapter 7 & The Hunter, becomes the Hunted
up
189 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another awesome chapter

WillowD's picture

As usual. I find it amazing that you have written so many different stories on BCTS and, despite the sheer number of stories, I have enjoyed each one as you publish them.

I especially look forward to your next chapter of The New Recruits. Thank you.

Willow is spot on!

Christina H's picture

I too am amazed at the sheer number and variation in the stories you write you must have
one hell of a muse to give you the inspiration for such diverse work and I have enjoyed
everyone of your offerings.
I am in awe of your talent.

Christina

I half way

Samantha Heart's picture

Feel sorry for Rayshon Laghari only because Paul isn't as skilled as Jack or Cheshire in extracting info, but I DO know the mob as their OWN ways of making you talk lol. So this guy may never talk right & have a permanent limp when all is said & done. Im looking foward to the end of this story the end of the case :)

Love Samantha Renée Heart.