The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 14

Comments

Loving this story

Thank you so much for writing and posting it.

Sylvia Ryuneheim

Beoca's picture

The reaction speed of Dawn's mind never ceases to amaze me. She handled both the near-outing at the auto shop and the psychologist quite well. Not to mention getting the last laugh versus Casey Daniels.

Can't wait for next week!

Impressive kid, impressive father

Great friends at work.
But the isolation is a worry - or at least the rigid attitude.

Many of us are that isolated, but not exactly fully voluntary.

Another great chapter

Well, I think Dawn is in a state of denial ... she has damn near unlimited support, yet she says "I had two and Lyle and Brett at work.". From my count I would say she has many more friends and a great family. Bring down those walls and let the love shine in ... I would even guess you made two new friends here, a mother and her daughter.

Thanks for sharing Snowfall, looking forward to next week :-).

Dawn

Sammi's picture

was stating things as she sees them, Blake (her Boss), Lyle and Brett while are friendly are still people that she works with, but she isn't discounting that there might be more to those relationships.

School is another matter, look what happened with Casey Daniels in this chapter alone just because he thinks he's untouchable and Don can be pushed around, then think what may happen when he finds out ....

The mother and daughter, may be thankful for the compassion Dawn showed, but would they if they knew?


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

It's been my experience…

That very often the most intelligent are the most critical. Not always, but it's very of to see flaws and accentuate the negative.

Alarming

Sammi's picture

No, those stats help prove the rule that it's a good thing that irreversible surgeries can't be done by those surgeons that only see the person as $$$, personally I think that there should be some psyche oversight for cosmetic surgery as again some surgeons do procedures just to make cash!!!


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

not alarming

dawnfyre's picture

They seem skewed when you use BCTS membership and stories as your reference material though.

Transgendered people are a spectrum of expressions, from cross dressing for bedroom play to full surgical transition.
A high 'tansition" percentage in this case would be a doctor just going after the money, not looking at each patient's need individually.

If simply living as the opposite sex is enough to make the person happy, surgical intervention isn't needed.

Then there is the little announced / used fact that a person can progress through the spectrum as they age. Going from living as the opposite sex to needing the surgeries to feel complete.


Stupidity is a capital offense. A summary not indictable.

well well

sugar_britches63's picture

grandma took it better than it looked at the start. I can see how Dawn got upset with the good doctor. I would have been a bit miffed if mine had talked to me that way when I started transition. Lux almost outed herself by accident. I do hope the good doctor Kari can help Dawn and the other doctor can help Marty. With the support of Marty's parents and hopefully maybe Jennifer's parents if they stay in contact with Marty and Don/Dawn, all can be worked out.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

You did it Again

Another week and another great chapter. Dawn is a fascinating character, very smart and intelligent. Now I have to suffer another week of withdrawal before the next chapter is posted. It is a great story and worth everybody's reading of it.
Hugs
Francesca

- Formerly Turnabout Girl

Such a great story I love it.

Such a great story I love it. Can't wait for the next chapter thanks snow

good for her!

she showed the therapist who was in charge, good for her!

DogSig.png

'Outting' at the Auto-shop?

Confusing... Dawn has no problem handing out her business card or having a poster-sized photo of her displayed in the reception area of the station, or online on her page and at the accident, onlookers only saw Dawn, with no one mentioning 'Don'. I may be missing something here, but why would Dawn not be comfortable with people (in this case, fans) recognizing 'Lux"? If any media or phones were at the accident taking photos, you can bet her photo would be circulated with any media story. A picture of her singing to the girl would be just too much to pass up.

I can understand possibly some concern that someone from the school (doesn't take much to guess the suspects) will try to 'out' her once they see her in public, but at some point, "Lux" will find herself in demand for personal appearance's for whatever reason and both her and Blake will have make that decision at that time. However, she's now a high-profile DJ for the station and a popular local celebrity with a well established fan-base, so it stands to reason that staying hidden from her public most likely isn't in the cards.

Then there's the question of 'school'.

PB

Psych out

Dawn is, as usual, quick on her feet. But, as is said elsewhere: Shit Happens. There are going to be other situations that can't be controlled like this one. This is a pressure cooker. The heat is on and the pressure is building. Even with a pressure regulator if the heat is hot enough the plug is gonna blow.

I know doctors like Kari. I've had several doctors like that. One was pissy that I'd already had surgery. I saw the doctors in Norway, both physical and mental. They signed off and I had my surgery in Denmark. It pays to know somebody, and I knew a big somebody. But the psych I went to after Robyn was killed was not happy that all of this was done without a U.S. doctor's approval. I told him it was the attitudes of the U.S. doctors that made me do things while I was living in Norway. I also said that I wasn't there to discuss old business, I wanted to talk about Robyn's death. He didn't feel that could be done until "we" dealt with the first problem. I told him there was no "first" problem. Like Dawn, I walked out. He was almost as bad as my parents. Haven't seen any that were any better than him, so that door has been closed.

IMHO, psych doctors exist to extract money from their patients, nothing else. I tried to write Kari's doctor as a bitch, but it just didn't work in the story.

BTW, Snowfall, why'd you have to use my protagonist's name for this woman? ;-)


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I Had A Male Therapist...

jengrl's picture

tell me that if I just had sex with a woman , I would be "cured" of my desire to be one. I looked at him like he was crazy and did what Dawn did with Kari. The big difference is that I never gave the bozo a second chance . I found a female therapist who actually listened to what I was telling her and didn't have to put up with the macho B.S men have, over the idea that everyone in the world should be happy that they got stuck with a penis instead of what they should have been born with !

The attitudes of male GP's have been much the same as the male therapist and I did exactly the same thing when they disrespected me as a woman after going full time. I switched to a female GP and have never had another issue with being disrespected by doctors for how I present myself to the world .

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Hair Trigger Maybe?

Rightfully so, Dawn is defensive and easy to rile. The life she is choosing will never be easy and the bastards will hurt you when you least expect it. Good on her.

Gwen

Lux Noctis theme

Lonely Feather is really sweet. Dawn outs herself many times but luckily is able to deflect who she is (aka Sylvia Ryuneheim; - giggle)

Joanna

I guess I was lucky.......

D. Eden's picture

I found a wonderful therapist - and even the US Navy approved of her!

I never had to prove myself to her, or any bs like that. In fact when I finally admitted to myself just who I truly am, and finally broke down and talked to her about it, her answer was simply that it was about time - that she had known for years and had been waiting for me to finally admit the truth to myself.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Quick thinking on Dawn's part

Quick thinking on Dawn's part to hide herself by using a false name and Identity to the people standing around the accident scene, and hearing her singing. Hopefully no-one will try to track down "Sylvia" later so she can be rewarded or some such for her actions at the accident scene.

I am not saying she is wrong

but Dawn is very, very controlling about life. She has to be in control, she has to analyze everything to a good extent all the time. Maybe a neat freak, or control freak (just the term) to an extent. Maybe even cynical about life. Someone living like that cannot possibly enjoy life much at all. They are more worried about hiding things and not volunteering information than stopping to smell the roses. It's a psychological attitude that is not healthy and WILL lead to a burn out sooner or later both in self and relationships.

It may be needed here at this point in the story (and justified with her two former friends) but if Dawn doesn't see what this does to others around her, it WILL bite her in the behind when she isn't looking. Everything Kari said about her is true and spot on.

Dawn is an alpha and runs things with an iron hand. It would be refreshing to see her loosen up the "control freak" nature and "normalize" a little. I can actually see Dawn dating a guy and if he makes even one mistake or argues in any way, Dawn would slug him in the stomach - relationship over. No returns.

Every relationship does have its ups and downs with minor things. As long as it isn't cheating, stealing or major issues, a little bickering does help keep it healthy by showing you your partner's likes and dislikes. I'm not saying to be love blind, but don't be a military assessment analyst in a relationship. And life is passing right by her fast and she won't have many pleasant moments to remember on in her later years if all she does is work.

Sephrena


                                 Living on borrowed time.

Outgoing

There is a time to be outgoing and there's a time to play your cards close to your chest. Dawn has never been on the inside, she's always been on the outside looking in. Of course, Dawn probably always felt like an observer at a zoo. And like an observer at a zoo, she can only shake her head at the antics of the monkeys and the chimps. But they are known to throw shit so she has kept her distance.

I don't see Dawn as a control freak, just the opposite. A control freak would have never put up with Charlie and Angela. Now Angela, she's a control freak. Dawn has demonstrated a high level of maturity, not stooping to the level of the students around her. Instead, she has taken some pleasure at the comments made by the other students. I would too. What Dawn has demonstrated is the ability to plan ahead while being flexible and adaptable. Hardly the actions of a control freak. I wouldn't call her cynical, I'd call her a realist. She knows what the monkeys will do, and has wisely avoided the worst of the shit.

I don't know what sexual orientation Dawn is, she doesn't know herself. But whoever she dates I expect her to be as flexible as she has been in other areas of her life. She knows the difference between 'shit happens' and deliberate action. I do expect her to have some hard and fast rules - thus far and no further. But as a relationship evolves she will be adaptable and alter the rules as needed.

Dawn has one problem, she is far smarter than her peers. That situation has always led to the smart one being isolated from others. She is a pink monkey that has covered herself with mud to look like all the other monkeys. Of the students we've seen in school only Ren may be her equal. And there really isn't much she can do about it. So she hides her light so others don't see it. I think it is telling that the adults around her treat her as an equal. Just look at what Angela's mother told her when she failed to trap him about the blouse he was wearing. For Dawn, her true friends will be quality, not quantity.

But please remember, she is a high school student, 16yrs old. She will make mistakes. But she will own her mistakes and make them right.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

There is no doubt as to Dawn's orientation

Each author has a preference for their protagonist in their stories and makes no bones about it. There are authors such as Tanya Allan who always has their characters flirt with the idea of being lesbian but always finds it more 'natural' to be straight, to give an example. There is also the idea that the person having a change in sexual orientation makes for a more 'interesting' story. I happen to disagree but it is what it is.

How many times...

How many times am I allowed to click the kudos? Lol

I Can See Grandma

I can see Anna enjoying some Saturday morning shopping with her granddaughter.

You have just hit the ball

You have just hit the ball out of the park .this is getting better and better love that she took the bullies down .Is not her daddy not MR COOL.But she know some dork soon or later will out her.That when the SH;T hits the fan.

WIN_20151023_13_56_29_Pro.jpg

Grandma

I loved Grandma here.
First she was worried that Don was off to perform as a drag queen. Or worse!
Then her worry that Dawn's website photo was unappropriate for a 16 y/o.
I'd have loved Marty to explain "she does not dress like that when she goes out" - then furrow his brow in thought - "at least that's what I think ..."

This is very good

This is very good

sweet chapter

some fun things happening and indeed Dawn really does have a sharp and fast mind.
I do get the feeling that the former Wrestling team and perhaps former coach may try something in future?
As it was Casey tripping Don that ended up causing the team to be disbanded and someone laid off? Perhaps they going to lay the blame on that on Don?
The shrink well what can be said I get the feeling that she was a little surprised at Dawn's appearance but I get the feeling that in marty's Office She saw more in their 1 chat there than a couple of sessions in the office?
REally looking forwards to seeing a lot more happenings .
And Her singing to the little girl was a really sweet and lovely touch.

Matt

Don't think there's a problem

Quote:

"HOLD IT!" A loud older male voice called out,

Everyone froze except the wrestlers. They turned around to see who called out.

Mitch Pollard was standing behind them and had a phone in his hand. "Crockett. You need a nurse?"

"No sir. I'm fine." Don growled the last word.

End quote

So the Vice Principal took a video, I suggest. Proof of the bullying.

better

gets better and better. keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

This is sooo good, you make

This is sooo good, you make the readers feel we were sitting there in the shop with Keri then the car accident!

Karen

chapter

I like that they are interesting, but they are a bit slow in coming

Jo Ann D

Gosh

Too much! just kidding, but there sure was a lot of action in this chapter.

Good to see marty explaining the birds and the bees to his mother. Good to see dawn going to see a psych but my goodness, i feel sorry for her other trans patients.

6/15 or 6 and 15 is a pretty terrible record for someone who works with trans patients in this day and age. Considering most people seeking counselling for gender issues / being trans are either gender questioning or some shade of trans, to dissuade that many speaks of strict expectations and an over-reliance on eliminating every other issue from a client's life.

And then the crash- I am sure there will be fallout from that next week but it does show that whatever else happens our intrepid cast of characters are quick thinking people and no stranger to rush in and help those in need.

Amy

Thought might be interested

Thought might be interested on BBC1 last Sunday morning was about a trans DJ called Stephane Hirst .She look and sound fab lovely. Truth and fiction meet or what I just love this story.

WIN_20151023_13_56_29_Pro.jpg

Thought might be interested

Thought might be interested on BBC1 last Sunday morning was about a trans DJ called Stephane Hirst .She look and sound fab lovely. Truth and fiction meet or what I just love this story.

WIN_20151023_13_56_29_Pro.jpg

Slow on the uptake?

Jamie Lee's picture

While Marty liked Kari's overall demeanor, she was a bit slow on the uptake with Dawn. As she found out later, Dawn is much quicker with her reasoning and doesn't suffer fools lightly.

It's good Marty could explain to his mom their current situation without her giving him a lot of grief and twaddle about Dawn needing corrected and Don made to live again. Marty gets his don't jump the gun attitude from her.

Kari must really be intrigued with Dawn or she wouldn't have come to the shop with the hope of getting Dawn/Don to reconsider her as her therapist. And it may have to do with Dawn being the first patient to ever give her both barrels before a session ever started.

Regardless, Kari will be good for both Marty and Dawn. And Marty realizing he also needs help on other matters is a big plus for them both.

Others have feelings too.

Yes, Hallmark moments!

There have definitely been Hallmark moments! Loving Hugs Talia