The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 18

Comments

That was so sweet!

Let's hope Chris doesn't get caught up in the mess with the "church" and the station.

sweet

lots of light hearted ness , Dawn had some good times with little agro. She found out that someone really is targeting the station and managed to warn Blake. Sounds like Angela really is changing for the better.
Sounds like Her and Chris will have some good times.
and the Reverend really sounds like a piece of work .
Although I get the feeling that the name change and her change at school may cause some issues and problems but I hope She gets through them with out to many people trying to harm her.

Looking forwards to seeing what happens next.

Matt

Many Kudos

When I started reading there was one. When I finished and added my own there was 24 already. Very impressive amount of appreciation for this story. Congratulations.

Another wonderful

sugar_britches63's picture

chapter from a wonderful author. Good thing Blake knows a P.I. friend and Marty knows the judge, they might be needed for more than just a name change and some research. I am glad that Chris now knows and accepts Dawn. Angela seems to have actually done a complete 180 in her attitude and showed concern when Dawn became emotional. Again Snowfall a wonderful chapter.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Only have one complaint

The chapter is not long enough. Just as I was getting comfortable and into the latest chapter it ends. Boo-Hoo

You have a amazing talent, all of your stories are beyond belief.

Hugs
Francesca

- Formerly Turnabout Girl

Re: "Only have one complaint"

My preference is for authors to post their chapters on a regular basis rather than longer chapters posted infrequently.

In this case, it provides something to look forward to on Friday nights!

It's a sign

It's a sign of a good story, and good writing, that when you get to the end of a reasonable lenght chapter that it feels way too short. :)

They could always report Shaw

They could always report Shaw and his Church anonymously to the FBI and IRS for money laundering and tax fraud.

That would stir things up.

Liabilities and Assets

The station has really taken off, and it's the DJs that have done it. In particular the morning show and the night shows are very popular. Now, the weekend DJ is out gay and has a partner. And he isn't trying to hide it. That's a problem. Then there is Dawn. Court records are public records. In many places the records are online and available to anybody. Once the religious reich makes the connection, and they will, between Dawn and Lux the records will turn up quickly. That's a problem.

The morning show we don't really know anything about. Is there something in the background of them? Because you have to figure that any public record will be found.

Getting in front of the problem may well involve some risk to Dawn, because she is one of "those" people. I don't know if the judge can seal the records, she is a minor still so that may help. If it gets out that her boyfriend is bi, that will be smeared around. Chis may be an innocent victim, but the scammers won't care.

Then there is the video Dawn took. She needs to do something with that. I think we are agreed that the newsman is a scumbag, and that is a card that can be played. When things start getting tight at the station they can throw the newsman under the bus as a distraction. Personally, I don't like that tactic, but it is there and available.

Then, there is the scammer. He has a major liability but how will that get out?

So what happens next?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Name Change

As far as the name change is concerned, I don't know that there will be a connection with the radio station.
They first have to realize that Don Crockett exists, that he changed his name to Dawn Crockett and then find out that Dawn Crockett is Lux Noctis. The last one is the secret that needs to be kept as long as possible I think.

Danni R

Porous Wall

They can follow Lux home. Lyle can only do so much, two cars would thwart his efforts.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

another good one

you have been placed on a pedestal by the quality of your stories by many others.
I am one of those people also
NINIyoung lady

Looks like big trouble brewing

Hope the proactive precautions nail the bastard.

Boys will be girls... if they're lucky!

Jennifer Sue

Sweet

waif's picture

This was a very sweet chapter. I was shocked that Chris was non-plussed when she dropped the bombshell on him. It had to have taken a lot for her to tell him.

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

I agree

Sammi's picture

Though Chris said he was being bullied, and I'm left wondering if he it's happening as more than just school?
The car he has was mentioned in I wonder who his dad is? (unless I'm being overly suspicious.)
I'm not saying Chris is doing anything wrong.


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

Trouble is a brewin'

I love your story, it is so well written. You have left a lot of doors open for problems to come in. I hope that means that you have a lot more chapters planned, to resolve them.
Great character development.

Pentatonic

Getting pissed off

Every time I see a cross, or hear people say they are Christians, it ain't good. I hope this guy gets shredded.

Gwen

Call me "pair o'noid"; but

Call me "pair o'noid"; but since the reverend (?) Shaw is targeting the station, he probably already has it under surveillance. His people could be in a restaurant near the station for any number of reasons: taking a break from their spying, shift turnover, or just hanging around in case any station employees show up. If the brief exchange with Rick and Dawn was observed, then Shaw and company have a lot to work with. The clash may be coming sooner rather than later.

Great chapter Snowfall. You are in top form as always!

_Bev_

Great story love it .They

WIN_20151108_12_30_51_Pro.jpgGreat story love it .They seem to have a lot church bother in US. Church of England lot more easy going.Being LBGT is in some states of USA not a good idea by sound of it. The West coast seems cool but the bit you fly over hard core.This story gets better and better.

Chris and the Church

Beoca's picture

Very focused chapter. The station now knows what we knew last week about the New Salvation Christian Congregation. Chris and Dawn have some idea of how dancing works.

KVTX was very lucky that Dawn overheard that conversation, as it gives them a chance to be ready for what is coming. I don't think the station will get shut down over this, but there will be some incidents, and I am certain that the Lawman stuff will be brought back out into the light.

The only question is, will Lucas from Channel 9 be the person the church relies on to get that publicity? Dawn does have a very incriminating video, after all.

Unofficially

joannebarbarella's picture

I can maybe just officially say that once again I really enjoyed yet another chapter.

Have you been taking lessons

Have you been taking lessons off Marty? I'm getting dizzy going around in circles

uh..

Alecia Snowfall's picture

uh...its not a confirmed rumor but it could be a non-definitive possibility.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Marty's Little Girl

Hotaru Lind's picture

Marty's really getting into Dawn is his little girl, God save anyone who hurts Dawn because I suspect Marty's going to go apocalyptic on anyone who does manage to hurt her.