The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 16

Comments

Friday night fix

Another great chapter, this one has quite a bit of possible hints. Thanks for sharing.

glad

glad to see you could post this too night. keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

People are growing

People are growing, Dawn obviously, but so is Charlie building some confidence, Cindy recognizing how her actions hampered Charlie, and many others. Each is on a path that intersected with Dawn, it will be interesting where all the paths lead.

Your stories have grown too, I remember the simple story of the Pom Pom Fortress, my how you have grown, I wonder where your path will lead you.

Jeri Elaine

Homonyms, synonyms, heterographs, contractions, slang, colloquialisms, clichés, spoonerisms, and plain old misspellings are the bane of writers, but the art and magic of the story is in the telling not in the spelling.

I Love Every Word

waif's picture

Snowfall,

It's uplifting to read stories like this one. Being a firm belief in karma and balance in life. I truly believe that it is not necessary for me to gain retribution upon those who hurt me since the Universe (God, Yahweh, Allah, Elohim, Gaia, Whomever) will eventually repay every injustice. I also believe that most people are basically good and most good acts go largely unnoticed while evil acts are blatantly visible.

Thank you for writing so beautifully, and for giving voice to sentiments that most of us struggle to express. With Gene's Story on hiatus, you, Bronwen and Bailey need to write faster to fill the void.

Hugs

Jen

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

using her position to help others

cool. By the time she goes fully public she will have a solid group of people who have been helped by her ready to help her in return, should she need it.

DogSig.png

thank you snowfall

This is the best of your works so far.
Thank you for providing weekly-fix, 3 hours ago I was having withdrawals from this beautiful drug but after reading the newest part I'll survive another week.

As always

wolfjess7's picture

Snowfall has given us a beautiful taste of bitter sweet. Great chapter Snowfall.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

I had the exact same problem

I had the exact same problem that Charlie had, except mine was compounded by two older sisters who were both scholastic and athletic and a younger brother who was the polar opposite of me. I can related to Charlie's struggles, without someone like Dawn keeping him centered he would likely have done something horrible to himself at some point in the near future.

Cindy and Dawn have great chemistry and Cindy seems to genuinely want to be Dawn's big sister surrogate, Dawn could have easily ripped into her for lying to her about coming to see her but I think the talk with her councilor and Lyle has taken hold in her. I hope Cindy eases up more and lets Dawn do things at her own rate but I don't think she will force her along the path to femininity quicker than Dawn wants to go.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Weight

As Lux, with her own radio show, her voice is louder and carries more weight. If she starts airing these stories regularly it is going to cause trouble for the bullies and the schools. Mind you, something that has to be considered is the extra attention that will be drawn to her. It will be far too easy to connect Dawn to Sonny, and people will try to pull her down with it. The religious reich would be happy to use that information also.

I'm afraid Dawn 'lives in interesting times'.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Chris Ford

Beoca's picture

I'm honestly with Lyle on this one - way too many ways for it to go wrong. Not sure why she is basically signing herself up. I suppose Chris is unlikely to out her, but exposing herself to bullies seems like a truly terrible idea.

Cindy & Dawn seem to work well with each other, and I suspect we'll see much more of the duo.

Excited to see what comes next.

One fault

A thought provoking chapter. The only fault is it is TOO SHORT. I do loved this story and the characters but as usual the chapter is over way too soon.

Joanna

The Japanese connection

So, I am an old Half Cherokee white American who does not see race. Would you mind elaborating some on the connection between you and the Asian gamer thing? Not offended, just want to understand.

Have that song playing now. I'm more of an Evanescence, Cold Play girl myself.

Gwen

oh that?

Alecia Snowfall's picture

oh that? I just really like anime and I definitely have my favorites.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Glad to know that your storm......

D. Eden's picture

Must have passed over.

This chapter seemed a little disjointed at first read. Perhaps I need to go back and read the previous one for it all to make sense - or perhaps I'm simply too tired to get it, lol.

Somewhere in here Ren has to come into the picture even more, and somehow I get the impression it will involve him defending Dawn - perhaps from the religious nut who was calling the station, or maybe from the wrestling jerks.

Well, I'm off to bed to sleep, hopefully dreamlessly tonight. Tomorrow is yet another day and another opportunity to read this wonderful story.

Thank you for sharing your incredible talent with me.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Ren's been an adviser to her

Ren's been an adviser to her for a while, even before the defense of her against the athletic thugs. His advice has been solid so far and helped her at times to see things clearer, this may be the first time that it has been used in the presence of her friends at the station though.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

"No more bullying", or "Ijime, Dame, Zettai"

According to Wiki "Ijime, Dame, Zettai" means "Bullying. No Good. Absolutely."
Seeing that Dawn is sliding into a "bullied teens Agony Aunt" figure I will be bold and venture the suggestion that a Kawaii Metal song calling for an end to bullying might be a good candidate for a rallying song of an informal anti-bullying campaign run by a manga/anime fan :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDqaTXqCN-Q
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ijime,_Dame,_Zettai

very nice

indeed , Dawn didn't pull her punches with Cindy but in a good way. I guess Don did not feel right talking to Cindy that way before now , But Dawn feels it way past due and needs to help her friend before it really is to late.
I hope it helps, Cindy I think will be a fantastic Big sister type and just what Dawn needs to aid her in her journey.
I wonder if Angela has calmed down , You know Cindy may just help there as well .
I get the feeling though that the way the chat developed Lux may be a wake up call on the Bullies,
And I love how Dawn got Cindy to pose as a Vortex Babe, although I do wonder if those certain so called Christian callers may try to cause a issue with it.
Really looking forwards to next Friday and the next instalment.

Matt

Got my fix...

Snowfall, I LOVE your stories and look forward to each chapter!

Boys will be girls... if they're lucky!

Jennifer Sue

Reaching out to others.

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Hope she does not bring any trouble down on her self.

>i< ..:::

Sounds like Dawn is now on a

Sounds like Dawn is now on a journey of helping others who are having a very bad life of their own.

logs

dawnfyre's picture

the logs from the station's chat, recordings from the private calls about it.

these things can be used in a campaign against bullying.

and Angela reading them will see what her actions can lead to for Dawn.


Stupidity is a capital offense. A summary not indictable.

Great expansion of the

Great expansion of the characters, this should last you a while. Oh by the way, Great Chapter !

Karen

Still going strong.

Still going strong.

Hmmm

TheCropredyKid's picture

A boyfriend for Dawn?

 
 
 
x

Maybe, but I don't think Dawn

Maybe, but I don't think Dawn will be ready for a "boyfriend" until Don is no longer her main persona. Just my opinion, not trying to influence the story :-).

The "Go-To" Girl?

joannebarbarella's picture

I just hope Dawn doesn't get herself in too deep, too quick.

Siblings

Jamie Lee's picture

It's sad that students judge one sibling by what the other sibling did. Cindy and Charlie are different people, obviously, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Each have their own likes and dislikes. Neither should be judged to begin with, but neither should one be expected to be like the other because of what occurred in the past.

Maybe it's because Dawn is friends with Ren, or because of her relationship with her dad, but Dawn does a great job with coming up with solutions when she sees a need for change.

Giving it to Cindy about how she treated Charlie or the boy on the phone talking about being bullied in his own driveway. Dawn gave sound possible solutions to these problems.

Chris is another case of someone needing friends. He's also star struck with Lux. Like Charlie, he's been put down so often he's almost lost hope in life. And that teachers would passively condone what was done to him shows their low moral fiber. Those same teachers who said nothing during each attack, and they were attacks, should be given pink slips and shoved out the door. Had there been someone fighting for Chris's rights, they could have had the teachers arrested for their involvement in the attacks. Because they are charged with keeping the kids safe, assault and battery on a minor charges could be brought against them. If someone was fighting for Chris' s rights. By the way, where are Chris's parents during all these attacks?

Bet Cindy never ever thought she'd become a station babel. And she wouldn't have if others hadn't thought how pretty she is. But will this bring unwanted attention her way?

Others have feelings too.

Too Good!

My5InchFMHeels's picture

This story is just too dang good... it's 8:18am here... and I was gonna jump off at 9PM to head to bed... good thing it's a 5 day weekend, so getting off my schedule wont hurt "TOO MUCH!"

I like this series, I;ve got

I like this series, I;ve got a lot of catching up to do.

Karen

ten percent off discount and free shipping.

ten percent off discount and free shipping? And you have to buy ten pairs to get it? Why I didn't clue in on this the first time around I don't know. For ten percent off discount I don't even click on the link. I routinely get 20-25% off with no minimum and free shipping is a given. eBay is the only place I've had to pay shipping in a couple of years. Dawn and Cindy are going to the wrong websites.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin