The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 06

Printer-friendly version

 

The Stations Late Nite Princess cover art.png
Chapter 6 of
 
  The Station's
 Late Nite
  Princess

 

up
638 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh man oh man...

wolfjess7's picture

WHY OH WHY can I find something like that at acution? ALL I ever get is second hand junk. Dawn either has the luck of the Irish or the Eastern Bunny's foot.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

Late Nite Princess

I love the story!
Thanks for writing and sharing.
Hugs,

Jenna

sweet

been waiting on this all week , sounds like lots of fun and games ,
Don/Dawn had a good week, and the idiots are getting put in their place as well as having to look at their atitudes.
Although Terminal dumbass cannot really be cured just endured.
Dawn had a good little find at the end I think more shocked than anything but I have a feelin that She will love the find .
Ms Cobly made a few good comments to Don I hope he takes them into account but with hiding her true self for so long maybe harder than thought.
cannot wait to see whats going to happen next.

Matt

Bravo

Great read, I have to say that each story you write is captivating and not "cookie cutter". You should be proud of your work. Thank you for sharing.

Still fun. Still enjoyable.

Still fun. Still enjoyable. Nicely paced, with good dialogue . Looking forward to the next chapter.

Great Story

Can't wait for the next installment. One cookie isn't enough!

Great Story

jennifer breanna's picture

I was going to go to sleep but I noticed this and couldn't wait. Great chapter.

---Jenni

Money well spent by Dawn.

Money well spent by Dawn. Love the interaction by the station crew, they bring out the best in each other.

I feel a lot of fear for Don as the jocks don't go down without a fight and are going to get him back in some way and Ren's threat is never taken lightly especially with the coach being a required informer regarding such threats.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

"They're real!"

Beoca's picture

A very nice part as always. This story remains interesting, and I am certainly interested to see how it progresses.

Sometimes good things come to

Sometimes good things come to those who are good to others, in this case, it is payback to Dawn for her being nice and good to others, such as the woman she sat with. Good for her. Her $10.00 bill fee, just may turn into several hundreds of dollars in jewelry, or perhaps one or two items may be worth a $1,000 or more.

It does happen my late sister

It does happen my late sister got at boot sale this guy on a horse looked it up on the net its was worth £300 she paid a tenner.Lenny at a scrapyard I go to for bits for the Cortina well did do no Cortinas there now Cortina mk 3 have disapeared he found a mega ring in an old Jag told me it was worth five grand. when they broke it .it was down the back seats.So it does happen in Burnham I paid £40 for a Mckinley Louisana Purchase gold dollar coin in Burnham on Sea found it was even those it is a small coin worth easy £ 150 to a stamp and coin shop in Bath so I sold it paid my MOT on the Transit I like to buy and keep coins but a quick score had to take it so it does happen.This story is very good love it.

What a find!

gillian1968's picture

I had thought of something like that, although it would be unlikely.

It's nice to see Don's relationship with Ren continue to develop.

And Dawn is building her own circle of friends!

I really liked the repartee at work. It takes more than superficial knowledge of the others to get that going and it builds friendship.

It looks like Bretton has a clue.

Gillian Cairns

Luck

A little too much luck after finding 500 dollars before, but I like this chapter anyway. Very well written and enjoyable. I am quite curious about LawMan though...

don/dawn

We,re building up to another great story from a great writer,more,more,more please.FrankXXXXX

Loved this chapter of the

Loved this chapter of the story. I thought the jewelry box was something different and loved that. But I still see hard times coming for Don/Dawn. Keep up the good work. Love your stories.

I think Dawn is going

sugar_britches63's picture

I think Don will be forced to fill in for Law Man when he either fails to show up or walks out. In order to cover himself I think he will become Dawn on the radio. Dad will here about the new late nite girl at the radio station and give her a listen and realize who is broadcasting. It may cause some serious discussion between them. Being Dawn on the radio will give him cover at school with all but his two friends.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Miss Colby

seems to have an ear for Don's voices which will make for an interesting chat following Dawn's debut.

Great luck with the jewelry.

Brooke Erickson's picture

Great luck with the jewelry.

Even greater luck with the "test". I've heard that even though diamonds are harder than glass you can damage them trying that trick. Something about getting the angle just wrong and...

I hope her luck hold with regards to Ren's unfortunate comment. Because she could wind up in a *world* of trouble thru no fault of her own.

She (unfortunately) fits too many slots on the stupid "checklists" for students who might go postal.

Things are definitely leading up to her getting the night slot. :-)

I wonder what she's going to do about the jewelry. My guess is that she'll talk to the lady from the estate sale.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

I've never found anything like that.....

D. Eden's picture

But my wife did buy a purse at a garage sale once, and she found two $100.00 bills in one of the zipper compartments inside the purse.

Me, my luck doesn't run that way - or perhaps I used it all up just getting home. Having been wounded three times (shot once, and the other two times I caught some shrapnel), yet coming out of it with nothing more than a few interesting scars, I suppose that if that used up all my good luck then I shouldn't complain.

Considering several members of my team came home in boxes, my only real complaint is that my luck didn't extend to them.

So, at $10.00 the jewelry box was a steal! I find it hard to believe that no one tried opening it up though, especially considering the key was simply stapled to the bottom.

Anyway, it looks like The Lawman is about to walk off the job, leaving the station hanging - and I get the feeling that Dawn comes to the rescue. Based on Lyle's comment about being worried about him walking off the job, that seems to be the impending issue.

Still loving the story Hon!

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

"THESE ARE REAL!"

Podracer's picture

Reading that reaction, so is "Dawn". Not that any of us doubted that.
Nobody should be begrudged good fortune. Heh - I admit to a little envy though ;)

"Reach for the sun."

Ahahaha aardvarks and arseholes

Is the theme of this chapter...

I love that joke, and i really like dawn's interaction with her fellow workers, although fuck lawrence.

Although... wow. How. Lucky. Can. One. Girl. Be?! Finding real gem jewelry and and money and w o w.

I'm still loving the story, thanks for the chapter :3 :3

Xx
Amy

I get the feeling

That Dawn/Don, will return to the auction site with the found jewelry and try to find out who the original owner of them is, then attempt to return the items to the owner.

Having followed this story since it's beginnings, this would be completely in line with the type of person Don/Dawn is.

No doubt one of two things would happen. either Dawn would not be able to find the original owner and would keep the items, cashing them in to fund some project that would benefit both Don and his father, or... Dawn would find the original owner and be rewarded for returning the items.

Alternately, Dawn would offer some kind of payment above and beyond the original sale price of the jewelry box, to the person(s) running the auction, again receiving the jewelry, plus some additional cash from an eventual sale of some of the jewelry.

Don/Dawn strikes me as an unconditionally honest and forthright person, so such actions as I have imagined would be entirely in character for him/her.

Very well written, plotted and presented story. Thanks for writing it and sharing it with us.

Catherine Linda Michel

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

Being that it was

Brooke Erickson's picture

Being that it was specifically and *estate* sale, that means the original owner is dead. The heirs or the executor of the estate put the stuff up for auction, so *legally* she's fine to keep it.

Ethically? Depends.

Me? I'm surprised both that the key wasn't spotted and that there weren't any rattles from the hidden jewelry when the box was moved or shaken (and trust me, people *would* shake it)

Heck, for all we known the will may have specified putting the box up for auction as a gift from the grave. sort of like those folks who go around hiding $100 bills.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Years ago a woman got at a

Years ago a woman got at a boot sale a small doll house comode on BBC Antique road show. She paid 20 pence for it guy told her worth a grand £1000 never know. I hope she goes on the radio but dont end up on WOLD like the song?.It would be great if she became a radio star just dont let video kill the radio star.

Dawn will

sugar_britches63's picture

Dawn will be a lot more intimate with her listeners and that will draw her even more late night fans. She will also draw attention from bigger stations but I don't see her looking for the big star in the big city kind of person, her head is well on her shoulders and she also has a more gentle personality.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Gem of a find

Jamie Lee's picture

Don't the morons read anything but the funnies? Five to one seems like poor odds for the one. Unless the one knows more than the five. And in this case Ren did. Ren couldn't be reprimanded this time for defending himself against those five morons. After the exhibition in the cafeteria with the wrestling coach, a person would think others would think twice about trying to hurt Ren. With the now known five against one, with the one kicking five butts, it should be crystal clear for all to see that Ren is to be left alone. But stupid does begin with "stupid."

Auctions are neat to experience. They are also good places to get some good deals. That jewelry box Don purchased sure was a VERY good deal. Just like an antique that's bought for peanuts which turns out to be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Don has struck a mother load.

What is it with the 10 to 2 jerk? Comes in loaded, gives Don the evil eye, then Lyle comes in and rushes Don through his work and tells him to leave. Something smells real honky about that jerk. Like he might have a thing for young boys.

Others have feelings too.