The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 12

Comments

sweet

dawnfyre's picture

Dad is good with Dawn instead of Don, and admits his lack of knowledge on transitioning.

Edit to add:

I kind of expected Dawn to hit harder on the dynamic dodos, like screwing up at school costs them their jobs.
and being a bit more biting in her ripping them apart.


Stupidity is a capital offense. A summary not indictable.

Nah

TheCropredyKid's picture

Hitting them much harder would end the friendship ... and, probably end Charlie and Angela's friendship, as well, since Sonny is the keystone there.

 
 
 
x

wow

great Chapter, Marty is accepting and in a good way I think Dawn is a real Daddy's Girl and the fun She had at the Mall **lol** THey had a real good time as well as Marty seeing his Daughter I mean seeing her not just looking at her but interacting in a real way with other people.
Hmm Angela and Charlie got not just both barrels from Dawn's Shotgun Tongue but a whole armoury ,
I wouldn't have been surprised if Dawn had said she had beat them to the sale *lol*
THey both got a dose of reality and realised things , Angela for sure needed it ,
Dawn also showed how forgiving she is and managed to get them both part time jobs,
really looking forwards to a lot more

Matt

I knew it.

jennifer breanna's picture

I knew I liked Marty, now I know why. Another great chapter thank you for the excellent story.

Jenni

nice

waiting for next chapter

Yay Marty finally knows

Great chapter, one of the best. Certainly very action packed. Glad Marty finally knows about Dawn.
Hugs
Francesca

- Formerly Turnabout Girl

Not done yet

Beoca's picture

That... went better than I would have expected. A lot better. Angela and Charlie might actually have just gotten enough incentive to get them to keep their lips sealed. But I can't say I trust them not to slip up, especially given the punishment Angela just got thanks to (from her perspective) Dawn.

I didn't expect Marty to have an issue with Dawn, good to see that he did not. The circumstances that he learned in were certainly not ideal, but I suspect that Dawn was the only person truly surprised by Marty's reaction.

Yeah!

Marty knows! I like that Marty is now in the loop, although I'm not sure about Blake calling him in so quick ... I would have thought he would ask Dawn, or at least warn her, first.

Another great installment, I lost track of the outside world entirely ... the sign of a very well written, very engrossing story. So once again Thank you for sharing, Snowfall ... looking forward to next week :-).

Princess

Well she's got them where she can keep an eye on them at least some time, will her friend Ten figure it out with the anime as a clue? Marty was great as expected keep it coming please.

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

Not that way !

I wonder how many of us got accidentally outed? I know that I did. It's been 12 years since we talked.

This was a great episode. It is pretty rare to have a supportive parent.

I've got some of that music playing on YouTube as I write this; never heard any of it before, but I like it now. Through the 70's through to 2004 it was all Christian rock. I had a great time discovering Queen, Evanescence, Six pence, and so much more when I was cast out to go lived with the damned.

Thank you

Gwen

That was a good twist

Bobbie Sue's picture

But I think that the fun is only beginning. Great chapter, Snowfall.

No Thumbs-Up Button!!!????

joannebarbarella's picture

The new format needs some tweaking.

Absolutely brilliant chapter.

late night princess

Awww hell, now I'm gonna have to explain why I'm crying and smiling at the same time. I feel like we're getting close to the end of this segment, but I almost want it to keep going. This tale has been such a pleasure to read. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Awesome, as always!

Not the best way to let the cat out of the bag, but it HAS to be a relief that Daddy knows!

HUGS!
S

Where to start?

sugar_britches63's picture

I am very impressed with the story telling Lady Snowfall. I felt that Marty would be ok with Dawn. The fact that it was dumped on him says a lot about Marty being able to go with the flow. Dawn's voice being THE VOICE that Marty asked to be saved for something special being his daughters real voice and not freaking out over it says a lot to. Getting to see her be herself and charming her listeners must have been a real once in a lifetime shot in the arm.

I am very impressed with the families of Angela and Carlie for also standing by Dawn and really lowering the hammer on them for being so low as to follow her to her job. The exposure of Angela's chinch's in her armor, as well as exposing Charlie's daliences in what some may call soft core by taking unauthorized pics of his sister and her friends. Dawn again showing her more level head by only exposing them to families when she could have done so to many others got their attention. The fact that she also managed to get them jobs where she can somewhat keep an eye on them as well as at school will slow down future exposure.

The fact that Marty seems to have accepted Dawn by treating her like a bad girl for running around in just a nightie. I am glad that he also explained that some rules have changed but that most have not. Dawn's bribe was cute but most men seem not to want to go shopping for lingerie and shoes or clothes, even though they like how we look in them seems to be right on the mark.

Only one thing more I hope that we find out what song she played for Ryan and Brooke. I am sure Ryan will let us know the next time he sees Miss Dawn/ Lux Noctis. Thank you for the wonderful chapter this week, but now I am back to waiting till next Friday for the answers to questioning minds need to ask.

Charolotte

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Marty makes me wish.....

D. Eden's picture

For a father as special as him. Unfortunately, mine was not even in the same ballpark.

Dawn has quite a few people in her corner though, so hopefully her support network is enough. From personal experience, it is a necessity.

I can't wait for more Hon!

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Fun~ <3

RenewReturner's picture

Love the choice of lonely feather I think it fits perfectly with the radio theme, the only other thing I could think for her is may be Time To Go from Qualidea Code, but so far I am LOVING the story and absolutely can not wait for more. I was thinking back on what other on screen duets recently there have been besides ange, and all I could think of was symphogear, as well as sheryl nome and ranka lee from macross frontier. XD being a a bit of a geek is a whole lot of fun <3 I am glad there are others around that do have quite a bit of passion for anime as well~ Thank you so very much for writing these stories ^_^

A Double Broadside

She hulled them both, below the waterline. They are going to be too busy bailing for awhile, but all too soon they will be looking at Dawn again. I still don't trust Angela, there's a mean streak in her that could cause trouble.

Now, how is school going to go on Monday. I confess, if it were me instead of Dawn I'd try to get sick and stay home. Something tells me her "friends" are not going to be very friendly, even if Dawn is ready to resume limited relations.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Loving this story

Finding this new chapter made my day today :) I have always loved radio and thought of a career in it, but ended up with dual careers as a professional musician first and then later left that for stability of a "regular job", in a TV station. Interesting but not radio. Looking forward to next chapter, thank you for writing and posting :)

Dawn does it all

Dawn does it all for herself, her dad and me! I don't have a clue where this story is going, but I want to be there for the whole ride. Very warm and full.

Beautiful

waif's picture

Another impeccable chapter. I was a little shocked when Blake called Marty, but I am very happy with the way it went down.

waif

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

Her dad a good man a real not

Her dad a good man a real not a he man jerk. This girl will go far 20 year time at the school reuion she be the top the bullies losers.

WIN_20151023_13_56_29_Pro.jpg

This is one of the stories I

This is one of the stories I really look forward to each week.
(I get nervous following an English teacher with my comments.)
What a nice way to handle being 'outed', great job!

Hugs,
Karen

Another great chapter

A juicy and satisfying chapter. However, the baseball dialogue just flew over my head, I even felt my eyes glazing over. Would anyone mind translating?

I find Marty's knowledge disturbing

How come he is so savvy on what teenage girls wear at home?
I hope he is not known as "Mr Good Time" by the town's High School girl population ...

Erm...

Uh, did you miss the reference where Marty said about his late wife's way of doing it?

Don had a mother...

Beoca's picture

Marty spent a good portion of his life sharing his house and (more importantly) bedroom with a woman prior to her untimely death, and you are asking how he hasn't picked up a thing or two about female night garments? Also, remember his reaction in the conversation with the grandparents - he may not have been as adamant as Don about the matter of dating, but he certainly seemed like he was waiting for the perfect match.

Dawn's mother

Dawn's mother used a robe or wrap or whatever.
Marty noticed that and approved.
But - disconcertingly - he also seems aware of the fact that nowadays many girls run around the home unwrapped - only in their panties and a T-shirt ...
Hence Marty demands that Dawn is to be wrapped up too, not like all those other teen girls ...

ok, now I'M jumping in

Alecia Snowfall's picture

ok, now I'M jumping to close the discussion.
It actually is fairly common for young women to go about in the home wearing only underwear and a shirt(some wear t-shirts, other prefer a button-up shirt) Marty would know this due to cousins, friends' sisters, girlfriend and friends talking among themselves. So yeah, he would know about it. I have him mention it and disapprove of it because he believes he should, as his wife did not do so herself and would also disapprove of their daughter doing so. That's why its in the story. All explained? Good. Marty is a character with some good morals so I'd appreciate not throwing him the gutter since he doesn't belong there. Thanks.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Thank you ...

... for shedding light on this and saving Marty's character!

Wow, what an episode

I am old, ugly, and for all that I am a regular reader of BC, non-TG and as a widower who just missed our golden wedding, totally fail to fit the expected readership, I do appreciate a well written story with a good message. Of all yours this is the one I find I appreciate most. In this episode, my eyes were getting very moist, even though for someone "this side of the duck-pond" your baseball metaphor went straight over my head. Keep it up! Unlike many BC correspondents, I prefer to wait and see, and even though there may be a course I think a story might take, I will (ought to) keep my thoughts to myself.
Best wishes
Dave

Dawn...

Handled this whole thing with her usual aplomb. She was aggressive enough to make a point of the stakes, she was calm enough to make it stick, and she had blake there for backup with a carrot to make the stick bigger.

It's lovely to see her getting on well with her dad/great to see he's accepting so far.

One paragraph made me cry:
"I've always said you could come to me about anything. I meant it. I'm sorry for whatever it was, I said or did, that made you think you couldn't come to me over this."
--
It's just. So this. When i was closeted i was hypervigilant for anything which could spell acceptance or rejection of those like me. It was terrifying, and there were a number of people i never dared entrust my identity to before coming out in general because of homophobic or transmisogynistic shit they'd said in the past.

Even my parents were hard because of how often my father had scorned the value of girls in the past...

Thanks for another great chapter snowfall

Xx
Amy

The baseball comments were

The baseball comments were those that a pitcher, catcher and manager might discuss while out on the pitcher mound when trying to figure out what to do with particular batters. I believe Marty figured out pretty quickly that he might be losing a son, but his new daughter would be no slouch when it came to baseball, so all was good with him. I am really happy, that even though he was "tossed into the deep end of the pool" by Blake regarding Dawn/Don; Marty proved that he was a real man and took it all in stride regarding meeting his new daughter, and loved her more so.
Blake has proven himself to be a very valuable friend to not only Dawn, but to Marty as well; and I approve of his actions of hiring the two teenagers who are Dawn's friends, even because of their transgressions against Dawn.
This story is really going places, and is truly loving and wonderful and I do hope Dawn's life will remain good.

Yes, the baseball talk...

didn't mean a thing to me, might as well have been Chinese lol.. but I didn't mind it being there, supported by Marty having been a pro player, and for those who are into it. Can't wait for next chapter :)

Moving along nicely

Good beginning, steady middle, and it is easily predictable that a quality ending is somewhere ahead. (hopefully soon, but not too soon). And, as soon as we get to the ending, and as happy as we will be for having reached it, our long sought goal, we will immediately bemoan the fact that we ARE at the end and have no more story to anticipate. I assure cyou we will all be piteously begging you to provide more. Ahhh well, such is the cycle of life for fans of outstanding fiction. Please have pity on such as we, and start (
thinking of your next opus.

PS if my ramblings at this late hour do not convey my point clearly, I am very impressed with this work and enjoying it very much. I did get a little lost in the confrontation scene, and didn't place some of Dawn's references, but I liked the way you had her hold her ground, express her disappointment at her friends, and, even more than that, the realism I perceived in her talk with her her dad and the love they showed each other.

Well written and enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

Hopefully, an appearance on

Hopefully, an appearance on Amazon Kindle will follow. A great great series!

critiquing latest story

I don't know how you manage to do it but I am once again staggered by your writing if I may observe, I am in awe of your skills & always cant wait your skills to show themselves.... in a fewer vein you still make me wait for the next one NINI Pretty Gal

Luck is work to take advantage of opportunity.

I can't help but feel like Dawn lives some sort of charmed life — this really should have blown up in her face. I was expecting a lot more recrimination.

That said, each time, Dawn falls in the mud and comes up with a diamond, because she works hard, and plans — so these positive responses feel earned.

Jumping into the deep end of the pool

and hoping you remember how to swim isn't the right answer to coming out and isn't for everyone, but for some, it does work. It did for me and it looks like it's gonna work for Dawn as well.

Great story, very well written, solid believable characters and logical progressions from scene to scene. I can't think of a single thing that could make this story any better than it already is.

Catherine Linda Michel

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

Ok, I feel stupid

As usual, a fantastic story.

I love the concept of the date at the gas station and watching the rednecks drive out, if they can.

But I don't get the comments about the SOCIAL girl and "You didn't!"

Can someone explain?

Dawn messes with Cindy

Alecia Snowfall's picture

Dawn was messing with Cindy. Cindy was and still is, a very social person. As for the "You didn't" part, well that's just casual dialogue. Cindy was responding to the verbal poke from Dawn.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

When i saw the title, what i

TheCropredyKid's picture

When i saw the title, what i flashed on for some reason was a space station with an all-male crew ... except that a mysterious woman has been showing up on the occasional monitor late at "night"...

 
 
 
x

Jumped in with both feet

Jamie Lee's picture

Boy, Charlie and Angelia sure know how to jump right in with both feet. Angelia pushed Charlie into following Dawn to work, he didn't have to agree or go with her, but he's unsure of himself enough to refuse.

Dawn did not hold anything back. She read them the riot act. She told them how the cow ate the cabbage. She told them something they should have considered, the danger Don could be in should it get out that he was Dawn.

Angelia really counseling to work out her anger issues. Not wanting to wear pretty girls clothing is no reason to continually be angry. If she's angry about being bullied because she doesn't, that needs addressed at the source of the irritation. Only professional counseling will determine the root cause.

Both Charlie and Angelia are now going to get the chance to make up their boo boo by working at the radio station. This will give both what they need, jobs and responsibility. Plus, Angelia will have to face her distaste for dressing in pretty girls clothing. But can she reign in her anger enough to hold the job? Will Blake work with her to help her handle that anger?

Others have feelings too.

Support for those that do not think

Some of us naturally side with the protagonist or any individual that happens to most like us, in works on this site that happens to be transgender or cross dressers.

I want to point out that Dawn, did not trust them with the small stuff either. I do not know if it changes in later chapters, but a key example is I have not seen Ren talk to these 2. So, I do not know if they are aware that Dawn is not a minor language learner of Japanese, but is nearly fluent for daily conversation. Or that Don/Dawn had a car, Angela had to stumble on that fact, and Charlie until that night had no idea.

The fact is trust worthy or not Dawn, kept Angela and Charlie at arm's reach, friends but not really. I see that changing in the coming chapters, due to the 'freeing of the feisty, feline from the fold sheet matter'.

Less secrets with a forgiving personally, means Dawn will have some closer friends if she can get passed the thoughtless actions of the night.

Angela if she are written as a FtM transsexual, which there was some possible hints at, would have a much highers support in the reader ship, if she had said the words, "Dawn is as much a girl as I am a boy", it would not even take a direct omission, of her questioning her self to change a 1/3 of the above comments. Look at the way people change many gender indicative views, after reading, "Peaches". We often forget there is a 2nd half of our community of people passing through going the other way. I was reminded of the "Guys" by a non-binary girl lean towards boyhood, that talks with one of my discord groups.

Just try to give a character the benefit of the doubt. Just like Jaime Lee's Signature line says, "Others have feelings, too".

growingup.jpg
"Sometimes you need a little space to grow up or start over"- Me

Late nite Princess

Oh, Bother. I screwed up. I do not seem to have chapter 12 saved. I found 4 on 'Way Back' but no 12. Any chance someone can send me a copy?. It would be much appreciated. It's the only one I'm missing, and I am enjoying the story.

erin

Alecia Snowfall's picture

get with erin about it.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall