The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 13

Comments

oh what a fun time

lots happening and Angela still didn't learn a lesson I hope she does very soon before it to late.
Her Mum really put her in her place I hope the lesson sinks in or She will be lonely for a very long time.
And with What Don said to her at the parking lot, WEll all I can say is I really hope everything she been told has been taken in although may take a while to do so.
Marty is getting on board and being very understanding, sounds like he found a good therapist for Dawn and perhaps for himself aswell.
and as much as both Angela and Charlie found out on sat night/ sun morn there was 1 most important thing neither did.
And that was Apologise I would have thought having been friends for so long that is the 1st thing they should have done.
Well at least Charlie gave a sorry at school but me thinks that's a little to much afterthought.

I nearly had a wet seat when reading the last paragraph Marty's Comment to Anna really had me laughing.
cannot wait to see how the story continues,

Matt

Charlie did

Second line of this chapter.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

lmao

dawnfyre's picture

Marty spoke up casually. "Oh its just a BIG misunderstanding Mom. Some idiot stuck a penis on my daughter."

That is the best way to shock the outrage into silence I have ever seen.


Stupidity is a capital offense. A summary not indictable.

It's one of the best lines I

It's one of the best lines I have ever read!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

And Marty still rocks!

I would not call it outrage ... I lean more towards a "?WTF?" moment :-). Class act Snowfall, it's great to see Dawn starting to blossom and Marty backing her up 110% ; brava.

and then

THe laughter follows which I think will be a great help and relax GRandma in to listening to Marty

And stuff...

NICE! No shortage of controversies for poor Dawn!

HUGS!

Angela

She's a bottle of nitro. Stuff is notoriously unstable. Look at it cross-eyed and it might go off. Angela has no self control, she is unstable. It was pretty obvious she still blames Don and I'm not sure, even with the isolation, that she can and will learn something.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

The More We Learn About Angela...

jengrl's picture

the more it seems like she's dealing with gender issues of her own. Her attitude towards wearing women's clothing and makeup reminds me of so many stories that Female to Males talk about while growing up. Everybody trying to tell them to act and dress more like a lady, but they fight any attempt to get them to wear anything feminine . Angela's rebellion against Amanda and other women like her mother who dress professionally , sounds like trying to mask her feelings without coming out and saying who she really is. She is alienating everyone around her and I hope it doesn't come to a point where she attempts to do harm to herself . Even though she isn't on the list of favorite people to those who know her, it would be sad to see her destroy herself and further damage more relationships .

Marty is proving to be worth his weight in gold as the father of a newly discovered daughter. There aren't many who love their children unconditionally enough to go the extra mile to get them exactly the right therapist to help them . I have seen and heard far too many stories where they just accept the word of the close minded therapists that Marty automatically recognized and dismissed for their bigotry . He deserves "Father of the Year" for the way he's helping his daughter. I love this story and I can't wait to read more of it, next Friday .

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Some Idiot...

Stuck a penis on my daughter... LOL loved that line!

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Only one issue with this.

I've tried it all, the high heels, the stockings and garter belt, the half cup bras, the locking collars and the floggers, but I have to say that XY butt cracks are not wide enough to tolerate thongs. Mine felt bloody when I gave up on it.

Just sayin.

Gwen

Seconded

Don't think it is just XY though.

I would venture that thongs are the least favorite style of panty, whatever gender. Want no panty lines? Spanx work very well.

Oh, and on bustle.com, it recommends avoiding thongs as it is possible for the butt floss to feed E.Coli into the vaginal area, leading to infections.

Renee's rant about thongs and stuff undermines what she is trying to tell Angela.

Not shaving

I know a couple of ladies who do not shave for "ideological" reasons, one might say. They occasionally "do" their legs in the summer, though. Yet bikini area and 'pits remain untouched by steel. But the US might be different than Europe in this respect. After all, female shaving was invented in the US and only came to Europe in the 1970s, a few generations of IMHO brainwashed women less ...
I confess to not shaving out of pure laziness :)

Underarm

Over the last few years I have come to the opinion that underarm hair on both genders is unsightly. And at times I feel it would look much neater if some of the men shaved their legs or maybe trimmed the hair shorter. I shave mine two or three times over the summer but now that winter is coming, I will not until next spring.

Fallacy by generalization...

I personally have no problem with thongs, so long as they fit correctly and are kept clean, which should be the standard for any/all underwear... >.> My opinion, but.

Arguing that "...XY butt cracks are not wide enough to tolerate thongs" is taking a too-small sample size, and forcing unwonted conclusions from it. That is a personal experience, and while I don't question that the ones you tried were just too uncomfortable to persist with, that does not mean that all transwomen will have the same, or even vaguely similar, experiences. It would be better in my opinion, perhaps to re-frame such a comment in terms of it being a personal experience, rather than a generalized truth; there is less danger of committing fallacies that way.

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

GREAT

"Some idiot stuck a penis on my daughter."

That is great

Don's little talk with Angela

Don's little talk with Angela in the parking lot, was just what the doctor ordered for her to see herself as a total and complete jerk when it came to how she treats and treated her two closest friends. Hopefully, it will rub off and stay with her. From her attitude though, I do not see that happening any time soon. I just hope she does not actually decide to "out" Dawn and who she is, both in real life and while on the radio.
Truly loved the comment to Anna by Mark. He really quieted her down with it. Maybe the two of them can actually sit down and talk about Dawn in a civilized , calm, adult manner now.

As always a well-written

Patrice Ana's picture

As always a well-written continuation. Angela just doesn't get it, her mother tried, Dawn did as well but guess she will go through life without ...

You can't fix stupid even with duct-tape.

Classic line

What a classic line from Marty.
Angela is a "loose cannon". I'm glad Don gave her a serve she thoroughly deserved.

Oh, and seeing the song "on The Road Again" had me firing up Youtube (and spent the next hour going through 70s stuff *sigh*)

I'm loving the story so far.
Joanna

Burger joint

Is trick an euphemism for paid for sex? I hope not ...
Angela's outlook on skirts and proms reminds me of my niece who has an identical outlook :D
The last time I've seen her in a skirt was in kindergarten (in European sense of the word , meaning pre-school daycare) or not long afterwards :)
She does not give everybody shit about it though, she is too smart for that.
I find grandma believable - at her age she's seen almost everything and nothing much surprises her ...

Tricks

It means just what it says. Like skating backwards. Many of the tricks ice skaters do a skilled person on roller skates can do also. And if the restaurant goes for a strictly authentic look, those skates will be four-wheeled, not inline skaters. Ever see a Roller Derby in a movie, TV, or even news? Roller Derby is a blood sport, like ice hockey but without the goals. They use a circular banked track and the goal is to kill as many of the opposing team as possible. Well maybe not actually 'kill' but the idea is to knock as many of the other team out of the track. It's all women, they wear elbow and knee pads, and shorts. They are mean, no quarter given.

Sorry, got sidetracked. Anyway, there used to be a drive-in in Tulsa called Pennington's and they did everything the old fashioned way. Carhops would skate to your car and take your order on the classic tickets books, which they would then skate back to deliver to the kitchen. When your order was ready they would skate out and deliver it to you. Those trays were not light, and many times the drinks were frosty mugs of root beer. Real glass, kept in a freezer until your drink was made. No electronics at all, no order speakers, no POS terminals.

Now, imagine 4-6 girls zooming around on roller skates. They all funnel to the same place to turn in and pickup the orders. They had to dodge each other while carrying trays that could weigh up to 25lbs. So yeah, there were a lot of tricks to be mastered to do your job. Survive or die.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Roller Derby

Thank you for explaining. Now I know what sort of trick this was about :)
I've seen the movie Roller Derby and I've read the SF book which inspired it :)
I think I've also seen the ladies' version too - but I was about 10 y/o at that time so I'm not quite sure ...
BTW - there also is roller skate hokey, popular in Portugal, Spain, Argentina, etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_hockey_(quad)

Affirmative action

"The one kicked off being a cheerleader because her dad has the garbage truck service?"
Thumbs up!

Agreed!

A working background, like Dawn's

Dana Hall School

Sorry for spamming the comments section.
What is so terrible about that school?

Definately Nothing

Sammi's picture

But its likely to be a, what used to be called, 'Finishing School for Young Ladies' and with Angela's mind set it would be as bad as if not worse than prison, strict dress codes, usually no kinds of pants/trousers, must be made-up and hair immaculate in a distinct feminine style and especially deportment, not to mention correct accessories.


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

Maybe not a finishing school

Maybe not a finishing school but it is a private, well respected school for girls and the town it resides in has one of if not the most famous all-female colleges in the country: Wellesley College(not far from my hometown!).

The distance from home is likely over 1000 miles so she would be alone, in a place of uniformity, with nothing but her thoughts to keep her company.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

I may be

Sammi's picture

pushing a personal opinion, but if Dawn was just on her way out to go to work, I assume that it would be 9pm or just after.
Personally I don't answer the door after 8pm unless I am expecting company even if it is a family member.
Grandma/Anna arriving that late is very inconsiderate, to start Marty works long hours, and due to the type of his work they are likely to be unconventional times.


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

No Doorbell

Dawn didn't hear the doorbell ring, so I have my doubts that she just dropped in. My personal opinion is that Marty decided to enlist his mom's help. In other words, Dawn was set up, but not maliciously. If Dawn had stewed and procrastinated telling her grandparents like she did telling her father, things would have gotten very rough, Dawn would have still been caught up with deceiving her family. Now she will have female help and guidence.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Daddy is the cool dad of cool

Daddy is the cool dad of cool dad a great guy.Yes a real man but not a jerk or or he man dork.Love that somebody accidently put a penis on my daughter.Just love that man .Dawns bosses are cool too pity her friend are not so cool.

This story just gets better

This story just gets better and better.I love Dawns dad nice man Angela is a girl who just is not femmine but that don't mean she should be mean to Dawn.Charile better wake up grow up and grow a pair.Once you leave school that when life starts getting real.If he don't he end up as a looser bum.Dawn she goes all the way like a rocket.

WIN_20151023_13_56_29_Pro.jpg

I was going to leave

I was going to leave a very nice comment here about how wonderful this story is ... But seems like everyone beat me to the mark.
I have always liked your writing style and insight, it's always seems to be right on the money.
So this story is absolutely wonderful- the characters and situations are well thought out and written, how the heck do you do that all the time ?!
I too cannot wait for the next installment of your tale. Keep up the excellent work and this fan will always come back for more !!

Big Hugs and Kisses

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

Good chapter

Bobbie Sue's picture

I have to echo the comments, so far. Angela seems like a powder keg, though. I'm guessing that the fireworks will start soon.

A funny and a cliff hanger

sugar_britches63's picture

Thank you Snowfall for another fantastic chapter to this story. I do appreciate the line of "a penis on my daughter", what a way to defuse the situation. Grandma finding out sahe has a granddaughter instead of a grandson in such a way is both the cliff hanger and kinda funny.

Angela I believe is a powder keg, so many issues. I only hope that the tough love she is getting now thru isolation from her only friends it seems, may add more problems or teach her a lesson to her. I do hope she learns a lesson instead of outing Dawn/lux. I also agree that she may have so gender issues with regard to how her own mother talked to her about her personal habits, I can't see it as just laziness on her part.

Alas again I wait until next Friday for the next chapter from you Snowfall, and I know somehow you give us yet another cliffhanger of a story.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

sometimes

Alecia Snowfall's picture

Sometimes I put something in a chapter just to see what happens. I think its pretty obvious that I did with this one and what it was. On a scale of 1-10 I hope I hit above 6 with it.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

on a scale

sugar_britches63's picture

on 1 to 10 I say a 100 just for that line of a penis on my daughter. Is that a 6 or better Snowfall?

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

I love the characters of Cindi and Brett

They are so supportive and upbeat.

I love the BABY-GIRL bit.

I'd love to have Lorraine appear in the story.

reference note

Alecia Snowfall's picture

reference note. If you've not watched the anime Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar ep-3. you really won't get the 'Baby-Girl/Boy' reference, along with a couple of others.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Expletive

Beoca's picture

That looked like it was going well, but this situation could potentially be nasty. Marty's mother has the ability to make both Dawn and Marty miserable if she so chooses. Hopefully she won't.

Angela is digging her own grave right now - and I honestly think that she might be too arrogant to even think about putting down the shovel, let alone filling the hole back in. She should spend a date night watching redheads get plastered - it might be her destiny. She certainly seems determined to make it so.

Charlie seems like he responds to sheer fury well enough to get his life back together. But is he only getting his life back together because he's being forced into it? Or does he actually want to put in the time? I could certainly see him resenting the job as much as Angela would have, but saying nothing and doing it anyway. He and Angela are very different people - she could never pull off the "whipped puppy" look.

Another Friday treat

gillian1968's picture

This story continues to intrigue me.

Angela's hostility to things feminine may be a defense mechanism to protect something she is keeping bottled inside, but she needs to learn to cope with real people in the real world.

The need to control and direct the behavior of others reminds me a bit of my sister, but I suspect it may be part of the way their brains are wired.

So much for my efforts at amateur pop psych.

Big zinger at the end!

I don't think I'd heard that Canned Heat song before, but decided to add it to my playlist for my highway drives along I-40 to go with London Homesick Blues.

Gillian Cairns

I'm With The Gang

joannebarbarella's picture

Everybody has already said all the nice things about this chapter and who am I to disagree with them?

Great story so far. I was re

Great story so far. I was re-reading some of the earlier chapters and realized that Don made 2 jabs at the LAWMAN when he mentioned Uncle Blake. He also said that Uncle Blake said he needed to start at the bottom and that was the 10-2 shift.

The favorite song that is often mentioned can be heard at the following link:
https://soundcloud.com/cloud-strife-3/19-sai-suga-shikao-xxx...

Tough love

Jamie Lee's picture

Marty and Dawn would not be getting on as well as they are had they not done so when Don was there. Marty loves Don/Dawn very much, he also respects the person that's his child.

Going by the background of the three families, all involved knowing about Dawn need counseling. As a family like Marty and Dawn/Don.

Charlie and Angelia don't realize the tough love their moms and Dawn are applying is meant to help them, not hurt them. They are being forced to face their problems. Angelia especially since she's being avoided by both Charlie and Dawn. What Dawn told her was something she needed to hear. Something she flatly refuses to even acknowledge. What both also don't realize is that both are getting the third degree because people care about them. If no one cared, they'd being hanging in the wind waiting for the consequences if their actions to catch up with them.

How many moms would allow their son to speak as Marty did when explaining Dawn to them? That was precious.

Others have feelings too.

Oh SNAP!

Granny knows too now... this just keeps Snowballing! (Giggles!). Lovely chapter Alecia dear, Loving Hugs Talia