Art Project – 27 Conclusion

Printer-friendly version


Art Project – 27
Conclusion



By Jessica C


Andrew designed a girl’s prom gown instead of a boy’s suit,
That literally got him into girls’ fashion
Andrew’s problem became an opportunity…
Focus is now on Andrea…
Crozier, waiting for sentencing, escaped from home detainment…
=^_^=~


Previously: Carrie said, “I’ll take that as a high compliment. Let me grab a bottle of wine and some good bread.” I suggested Carrie bring a change of clothes depending on how well we enjoyed the evening...
I saw Leah with Micah from college, but this Micah was all woman. I had seen her, but never met her or knew she was an item with sister Leah…
Micah said, “So you really are that Andrew who has since become Andrea of Andrea’s
Threads?…”
Everyone slept at our house; with no problems except me, having seen Micah fondling my sister’s breasts under her sweater. I imagined more happening in Leah’s bedroom…
I woke up with my mother telling me that I had a call; from the county attorney pertaining to my Ph.D. Crosier. I took the call and found that Dr. Jean Crosier had cut off his ankle monitor, but had been coming in our direction before he got rid of it….


=^_^=~


Now: It was a half hour after I was awake that Detective Patricia O’Reilly was at the front door. My mother answered the door and invited her in, stating that I was awake but getting ready for the day.

Det. Patricia said, “I would just like to visit with her and you about Professor Crozier. She doesn’t need to dress up for me.”

Mom said, “I think she wants to put on a good face. It is a bit of Andrew being carried over. She’s probably anxious about Crosier, but it is not in Andrew’s DNA to show it. Andrea’s way is with her appearance.”

I sensed someone was there, but no one called for me, so I wasn’t sure. I hurried downstairs; I had no expectation of anyone from near my apartments or the university to be coming. I stopped in my tracks as soon as I saw Det. O’Reilly. I was in shock, “Is it that bad that you needed to come all the way here?”

Pat smiled, “No, I asked for permission to come and make sure you are alright, and that the authorities here take Crozier’s actions seriously. The Professor has nothing to gain by hurting; unless it would be to take revenge. He will be caught and now he will be in more trouble. The Judge is likely to take this into account and increase his sentence when, not if he’s caught.”

I quickly sat down, “I’m sorry, but it bothered me hearing he had broken his stay at home while he awaited the Judge’s sentence. And a decision on his appeal. I am glad you cared enough to come, but it scares me all the same.”

“I was either going to Carrie’s store or busy myself designing another outfit or two.” I gulped and my stomach growled. “I need to have some breakfast, or I’m going to get sick. Would you mind if we meet in the kitchen?”

Pat steps to me and opened her arms. I walked into her hug, and I knew I dampened her shoulder though I made no sound of crying. Pat embraced me and let me stay there as long as I needed. She consoled me, “We don’t think he will come after you, but we don’t want to take any chances.”

She says, “I’d rather you not go to the Towne Shoppe today as it is a public place with different people coming and going.” I get a bowl of cereal with berries and a cup of yogurt. Mom starts cooking breakfast for the others and Dan comes in from the master bedroom. His son Jay and my sister Leah and Micah were soon down in the kitchen as well. I found out that Carrie had left early to go home and change for work.

Patricia said, “This is one of the few signs of seeing you as a regular teenager. Being anxious is quite normal, but Professor Crozier will probably be spotted if he comes anywhere near here. He is more likely heading for the airport to get himself lost somewhere else.” She pauses, “His finances are frozen so he is traveling with limited means.”

She says, “One thing we’d like to know from you; is if you thought he could convincingly disguise himself as a woman?”

The question came with a bite of food in my mouth; and the comical thought of the possibility. I finished the bite and swallowed. I envisioned him that time at the pub. I hadn’t recognized him right away. “He didn’t make an attractive woman when I saw him, but he was passable enough that I hadn’t recognized him at first.” I said, “With wigs and a different style of clothes he/she has a number of looks that would be possible. But I doubt that he could disguise himself as anyone younger than himself.”

Micah giggled and then excused herself from making any noise. Instead of a distraction, it broke the atmosphere from becoming overly serious.

I was halfway through my breakfast and beginning to relax.

Patricia received a phone call and excused herself to take it privately. She was soon back in the kitchen. “He has swapped stolen vehicles and we now have a full description of his vehicle. He’s coming in this direction but could be traveling to the airport or other transportation at the capital as well.”

My step-father spoke up, “I have several friends in the local police as well as the local National Guard outfit. They have two pictures of Professor Crozier and they will be providing extra sets of eyes watching for him. They will not seek to take any action but to inform the authorities.”

Patricia says, “While I appreciate your thinking, it could be more problematic than helpful. We ask that you do not do that.”

Patricia stayed around planning to leave at one p.m. if there was no growing concern. By 9:00 a.m., Patricia was watching me as I worked on some dress designs. One was for the holidays and the others were for winter. They were all requests from the two companies that I was associated with.

Pat asked, “How can you design for the holidays or next winter when we’re just beginning the summer season?”

I told her, “I’ve begun designing for next spring already, but two fashion changes require another item for Christmas and several for the winter season. Global warming has made for some items for warmer weather. Two will be for layered fashion items.” Needless to say, Patricia had not thought of how the fashion world had to plan ahead.

I had become bored and feeling Closter-phobic, and by noon announced I needed to get out and was going to Carries Towne Shoppe. Patricia invited herself along and would leave when I left there.

We arrived and the store just after one, and it was like coming home. Most of the staff were the same, with the addition of two high girls working there for the summer. Carrie had texted me that a few customers would be coming back, hoping to see me.

It was after two o’clock when I came out from the stock room that I saw what could be Jean Crozier dressed as Jeanne. I recognized her earring when I saw her at the pub. Her mule shoes and his walk gave him away. I called to him, “Jeanne, I hope you didn’t come to cause any trouble. Detective Patricia O’Reilly is here and she or I will stop you; if you did.”

Crozier started to turn around and had a cane he/she was ready to swing. She had turned over halfway around and began to lower the wooden cane. “You are ruining my life; you know I was a good professor.”

I waited for Crozier to fully turn and face me; before I said, “You are the one responsible for damaging your career, by demeaning others and playing god with your authority. You blame me; because I stood up to you. If it was just me, that would have been bad enough.”

His face turned beet red, and his anger bubbled up again. He began to swing his cane violently, but I threw a coat over it and his arm. Quickly, charged him and took him to the ground. Det. O’Reilly was soon there to pull us apart and to cuff him as she read him his rights.

Police Chief Bradley Cooper was there with two officers to take Crozier into custody. He told me I could stay at the store as long as I stopped at the station later. Ken Strong one of the officers stayed with us at the store. He would interview Det. O’Reilly, others, and me quite informally.

Bradley was a twenty-six-year-old officer, who had married within the past year and taken back being in a women’s clothing store. He knew of me, but not me very well. Learning that her husband was there; Teri his wife was there within half an hour.

Once we met, she said, “I’ve been looking forward to meeting you sometime, but I’m sorry about the circumstances.”

One could tell that Bradley had probably been a star football player and she was an attractive cheerleader. They had come from the eastern part of the state and were surprised they liked being in a smaller town. However, Carrie informed me that Teri had not yet found a job as a computer specialist. Which meant they were living on a single income of a police officer.

I asked Teri, “Are there any of my dresses or outfits here that you haven’t gotten to try on?”

She smiled and truthfully said, “I haven’t been trying on a lot lately as we’re just getting settled in as a couple.”

“Are there some you’ll be interested in,” I asked, “after a good job comes along?” Her eyes perked up, and then I asked, “Let’s see if we can find two to welcome you to the community?”

She said, “But I couldn’t impose upon you.”

Carrie spoke up, “You’re not imposing upon her; she is the one who asked. This is very like Andrea. She considers herself blessed, and this is a way that she pays things forward.”

Teri chose one of my outfits that I quickly chose a similar outfit that was a couple of grades up. I said, “This would be better for presenting yourself for an interview.” She took the outfit making a change in the blouse as it was more to her liking in color. The dress she chose would be good for a special night out.

She and Detective Patti O’Reilly got to talking as Teri had changed into the dress. Needless to say, Patti had told her about my designing something for her. I heard Patti say, “I think she has a soft spot for law enforcement.”

I felt a need to qualify her statement. “I have a spot for good law enforcement. But like with every profession, there are some bad apples and sometimes a slowness in acknowledging that. I’m a college student and I don’t buy into the notion the police are good.”


=^_^=~


It was a half-hour after Teri had selected her two choices that Officer Bradley announced that Prof. Crozier had changed his clothes and agreed to go back with Patricia O’Reilly to be held in the county jail there.

I was ready to leave Carrie’s store when Megan Hach came walking into the store. When she held out her hands to greet me, I rushed into them and began to cry. Megan gave me some time to cry in her arm, before asking, “What are the tears for?”

“They’re because I love you, and I didn’t know how scared I was about Crozier… You’ve asked me before if I’d marry you. Well the answer is yes, but I should attend college at least another two years and gain some maturity before we tie the knot.”

Megan surprised me when she went to one knee and drew a small box from her purse. “We must be on the same wavelength. Andrea, will you do me the honor of marrying me?”

=^_^=~


The two years would take us to Megan’s graduation. But it was the following summer when Megan and I were married. I had designed my gown and JC Harper had designed Megan’s. JC also made sure my gown would compliment Megan’s.

The End!

up
58 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Art project

I was following this tale closely when it appeared I'm glad that it came to a happy conclusion for Andrea.

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

Art Project Finished

I finished this one at a reader's request. It was good to revisit and take it to its conclusion. It was one of my most popular stories.
Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors