Jack and Jill by Trudy – 21 – The Unexpected

Printer-friendly version


Jack and Jill by Trudy
– 21 – The Unexpected


By Jessica C


=^_^=


I enjoyed the next few weeks: my relationship with Ms. Braun changed as she became an advocate. I had retaken the SAT entrance exams. The results brought more questions and inquiries as to why my test scores improve immensely. Math already good before rose another 75 points and comprehension and composition, which had been only fair before, had jumped some 250 points. Somehow my understanding of questions and problems had become much clearer and less problematic. I even finished the exam this time, which I had not previously.

A specially monitored retaking of the tests in April confirmed my abilities as the tests results mirrored similar results of early March.

I received new invitations as Melanie to visit a number of universities, and I made a few of my own with Trudy or Mom’s encouragement. Trudy asked me to visit the state university some twenty-five miles from us. Not sure of my career goals, I communicated my general interest in environmental sciences, business administration, and computer sciences as well as research. It was disheartening to encounter those who discounted my being a woman or a woman’s persona. Be sure, they were politically correct and guarded in how they expressed things when others were around.

Trudy encouraged me to apply to Barnard College which would be hard enough to gain admission to. But Columbia University; which is a closely associated with Barnard has only a 7.5% acceptance rate and Barnard in comparison had a gigantic 18%. I loved the idea one professor had of linking my interest in the environment to that of anthropology. After our visit, I was guaranteed acceptance. It was with the provision that I vigorously pursued my change and that my recent academic capabilities continued.

Trudy, Mom, and Sandy had accompanied me to my visits at Barnard College in New York City as well as our state university. Mom and Dad took Sharon and me to Maryland University and Pittsburgh University. I liked the experience of rooming with another girl. It was 10:30 p.m. when Sharon and I quietly left our room and the hotel in Pittsburgh. Two college girls were to meet us in front to show us college nightlife.

It was the first time either of us had two drinks; we’re taking a big risk. I thought Sharon was the straightest of my new found girlfriends. I was wrong, Sharon had been waiting to go away to college and spread her wings. She danced with two guys which excited her enough. It was a table dance she did for a girl name Beth that totally shattered my image of her. I think she kind of choreographed her fall into Beth’s lap, something Sharon would not confirm or deny.

Beth’s passionate kiss moved Sharon in ways she did not expect. Beth was very nice, after a half hour of Sharon and me being with her and Georgia, she confessed she and Georgia were an item. “I doubt that you'd have kissed another girl so quickly. We just wanted you to understand the world is bigger than you probably know.”

Sharon shared, “Melanie knows; she has a girlfriend.”

Beth retorted, “So I did you for a half hour and I had your juices running, didn’t I?” She put her finger under Sharon’s chin and lifted to give her one more kiss. She paused until Sharon opened her eyes again. Sharon met Beth half way and the kiss was passionate on both their parts. Sharon asked me not to share what happened tonight. We did talk about it that night and the following night before we visited the University of Maryland.

< ~ O ~ >

I went up to the Bridal Emporium the following Wednesday having received a call that my prom gown was done and I needed to try it on. There was a beautiful bridal gown waiting for a bride, and four lusciously red satin gowns for the bridesmaids, and another luscious gown for the Maid of Honor. I had just begun to change into my gown when the bride came in. My gown going over me caused me to make some joyful sounds. The bride looked at me and said, “A very beautiful gown on a very beautiful young woman.” “Thank you,” I said and curtsied just a little.

The seamstress asked, “Melanie, now how does it feel? You can step over to these three mirrors and get a good look as well.”

“I’m sorry,” the bride intruded, “are you, Melanie Greene? You have an older brother, don’t you? I knew you as Richard’s little brother.”

I hated girls that measured me by my brother Richard, I never measured up. “Yes, but he isn’t talking to me as I’m going through this phase that demeans his macho persona.”

“If you’re one of his ex-girlfriends I’m glad to see you got over him and have fallen in love,” I said sincerely. “When and where is your wonderful wedding to be?”

“I’m Patricia Cummings; I lived in Scotch Plains when I knew your brother. I’ve been away to college and I’ll graduate with my master’s in May from Princeton.” Patricia confessed, “Everything had been going super but my former college roommate and good friend forgot to tell me she is six months along in her pregnancy. I wouldn’t mind eating her gown or having it altered but her OB doctor has put her on limited activities. She can’t even come here from Denver. It is too late to plan around the change.”

“You don’t have one friend that would love to wear one of those luscious gowns? I would die just to try one on,” I said.

Patricia quickly had a huge glowing smile. “Are you doing anything Saturday,” she asked? She turned to the seamstress and asked, “Is she as close as she looks to Caroline’s gown size?”

“Well, she would fit the gown very well.” The seamstress looked to me, “There is a price to be paid in wearing one of those beautiful gowns. It is called a corset, but if you’d be willing, it could be a great treat.” She turned to Patricia, “If you want her to be bubbling over in the bodice some help will be needed.” She, Patricia and eventually I giggle.

“If you’re going to the prom, does that mean I need to worry about a boy as well as your Mom saying it would be okay?” Pat stood there quietly; I hadn’t realized she was serious.

“I have a girlfriend I’m going to prom with. But even if I had a boyfriend I wouldn’t be dependent upon his approval. My Mom’s 'yes' would be important and she should be back momentarily.” I am sure Mom will require that the showing of cleavage would be modest.

“I am here Patricia; it is nice to see you again. Congratulations on your wedding.” Mom said, “I see you’ve met my youngest. What were you two talking about that needed my approval?”

“One of my bridesmaids, Caroline, she was Caroline Adams from Westfield, she just let me know she is six months pregnant and her doctor has restricted her to Denver, Colorado where she lives. Your daughter’s mouth was watering about wearing one of these gowns, so I asked her help by being a bridesmaid this Saturday. I was glad it would be you and not her brother that I needed to get permission from.”

Mom said, “Wearing the gown and being there would be no problem, but being able to afford it or to fill it out like you and your girlfriends that would be problematic.”

“She already carries herself as a beautiful young woman and loves beautiful gowns. Who showed exquisite taste in selecting that gown,” Patricia asked? She looked to me to confirm my mother saying I did.

“The bridesmaids and others helping are meeting Friday and then have salon appointments Saturday morning. Would she be able to do either or both of them? The salon appointment would be most essential.”

Mom says, “You will need to ask Melanie; I would be willing to approve her missing school Friday.

"The only thing I can’t miss Friday is an exam my first period. I should be done by 9:30 on Friday morning. Yes, I would love to do it!"

< ~ O ~ >

Martha spoke up and insisted that Patricia allow her enough time to alter my prom gown. She suggested that Mrs. Cummings and my Mom if she wanted, could help her with her wedding gown if maximizing time was important.

I was excited because Patricia could change out of her clothes and possibly the corset in the changing room, but she would need to use the fitting area to try on her gown. I wanted to see how beautiful she was.

I had not known of the large changing area behind the fitting area I was using. The good news was because I just volunteered to be in her bridal party, I would still get to see Tricia trying on her beautiful bridal gown.

Ironically, six months ago this would have been a very different treat to a young teen boy with a warped mind or healthy testosterone level depending on how one looked at it. Today, it’s Melanie just wanting to be immersed in a girl’s world.

Martha did a good job of bringing my focus back to my gown. It really is beautiful and it sent goosebumps over me. The gown is so delicate and precious; it’s so detailed and with shades of color, satin and lace setting off this and that aspect of the gown. When a leg or hip moved the movement was like the changing flow of water cascading over me.

Patricia had stopped with her changing as I stepped off the circular platform. The seamstress wanted to make sure the dress moved properly and did not catch or cause me any problems. “I am so glad I asked you Melanie; you are such a beautiful young woman. It will be a treat to have you in my wedding party.”

I turned to Mom, “I think Patti was one of Richard’s prettiest girlfriends inside and out Mom. It is nice to see her again.”

Mom spoke saying, “I’m just not sure what your brother will think about you doing this with her. He already has trouble adjusting to you being a girl.”

“It’s none of his business about Patricia’s wedding; he shouldn’t be told of it until after her wedding and the whole weekend is done! There is no way I would accept detracting from her wedding. The fact that his nose is bent out of shape about me, says his nose is up his own ass!”

“Young lady that is enough of that,” Mom sternly replied!

“Then you should quit babying his macho ego. He doesn’t have to agree with what I’m doing, but he should at least respect me. How does he know some person who covered his butt or helped him along the way wasn't being contrary to his standards? Not once has he come to my room or wherever I went, caring to know about my feelings after he hurt them!”

“Let’s change the subject. Can you stay around as I try on the bridesmaid’s gown and check the fit? If you need to go, I can call someone to get a ride or ask someone in Patti’s group?”

“I’ll call home and ask them to take care of things without us,” Mom announced. “I also need to call Marti and tell her you will be late there. How are your aunt and the girls doing anyway?”

“Mom, I miss our family, but it is so neat being there with Aunt Marti. It submerges me in so many aspects of being a female. I get to play with dolls that I missed growing up. I am kind of experiencing a second childhood through Suzy and Sheri; I get to be a babysitter and Aunt Marti helps me to grow with some sense of responsibility.

< ~ O ~ >

Mom and I went around the curtain after I changed into a robe. They are pulling the strings on Patricia’s corset. ‘I wondered why she would put herself through this for her wedding.’ Like Mrs. Cummings was reading our minds, she said, “Patricia decided to indulge herself and her bridal party agreed to do the same. I hope Melanie doesn’t regret saying yes. It is a godsend that she has agreed to help. That my daughter knows Melanie and you is like whipping cream and the cherry on the sundae. Patricia has looked forward to this since I agreed two years ago.”

Martha tapped my shoulder and asked, “Would it be okay if I helped size you for your undergarments before we have you try everything on?” Just holding the panty I could feel it was special. I used a panty shield to protect it as I tried it on. The corset was next. I did not know about the boning structure. It held, squeezed me together yet allowed a degree of movement. It trimmed at least four inches off of Patti’s figure and I suspect six off of mine.

I do not know where the breast forms came from or if they’re the ones I would wear on the wedding day. Only a small amount of adhesive was used but the bubbling of my breasts over the corset and gown was not lost. The other three bridesmaids and the Maid of Honor were now here. They weren’t sure who I was but were pleasantly receptive of me. Jaclyn, the Maid of Honor asked Brittany to watch over me and help me through the weekend.

When the red satin gown slid over me and my arms through the puffy satin sleeves, I felt like I was dressing for a southern ball or the cover of a romance novel. Brittany stepped forward, “You will need to be careful in that gown as you look no younger than 22 and some guy at the reception will be sorely tempted to whisk you away.”

Martha had me wearing four-inch heels, saying “Anything less would require altering the gown. I am hoping it will be easier for you to make the adjustment.” She showed me how to lift the gown with one or two hands. There’s a bow designed into the gown to be used as a handle for when I dance. It is an hour and a half later than expected when Mom and I leave the Bridal Emporium.

< ~ O ~ >

“Young lady, you are like a magnet for unique experiences. I hope it is not too much to expect from you. I am glad however you were willing to help Patricia. As you said, she is beautiful and a very special woman inside and out.”

Mom and I got a bite to eat. We were both hungry and wanted the opportunity to talk with each other. Mom came in when she dropped me off at Aunt Marti's. Aunt Marti and the girls thought I was beautiful in the red gown. Suzy tried to look for my larger boobs under my blouse. I quickly knew what she was looking for.

I put my prom gown away after quickly modeling it for everyone. Aunt Marti allowed me to put it in her walk-in closet.

I helped get the girls off to bed which included reading a short story and prayers. Sheri made an interesting comment as I gave her a goodnight kiss, “Aunt Melanie, you have become a very pretty girl, did it hurt to change? Your cheeks have become soft and look more cheerful. Mommy says even your breasts are growing like hers. She said you did not intend to become a real girl but something changed. I asked Mommy if it hurt, but she wouldn’t answer me.”

“Your Mommy probably thought I was the one you should ask, and I am very glad you did. You are a very perceptive little girl.” I looked at her and made sure I was smiling. Your Mommy is correct; I intended just to act like a girl. The thing that changed was I like being a girl. I was not sure when but I stopped pretending and just knew Melanie is really me.”

“I don’t remember my Uncle much, but I love that you are my Aunt Melanie.” Sheri gave me a kiss and asked me to lie with her until I fell asleep. I was gently awakened later by Marti and told I needed to take care of myself and then get to my own bed. She did me a favor in not letting me sleep with my make-up on. But I am also pretty sure Aunt Marti wanted me to come to visit in her room.

She’s missing Ron; it seems sometimes when she needs to nurse Megan and get Megan to bed the last time it becomes very emotional to her. She said, “You probably do not understand but all the emotions and mood swings remind me of me when I was about your age. Your Mom had it more difficult when your brother and sister were born. She had stopped sharing with me because I didn’t understand and I think it was worse on her than it was on me.”

I only understood part of what she said, but I think the larger point was she shared with me and felt better for it. But it reminds me how little I shared before, even worse that I had been a crummy listener.

< ~ O ~ >

Thursday night I studied hard for my morning, it was being with Patti the following day that occupied my mind and kept me awake. I told Sandy and Trudy about the gown and wearing a corset; it made the passing of the time fun.

I thought the exam was easy, and I was excited when it was over. Patricia had a limousine pick me up from school; so much for the excuse that I had a doctor’s appointment.

Patricia had scheduled a spa treatment for the bride’s party. The saving grace was as an eighteen-year-old I didn’t need my parents’ permission to take part. While eighteen is not the drinking age in our state, I was allowed a half glass of champagne before the massage. Eileen whispered before she began, “If it is okay, I am going to treat you as the young woman you outwardly appear to be.”

My Mom had given me a number of ten dollar bills, telling me tipping and expressing my appreciation was my responsibility above whatever Patricia did. Eileen told me a tip was not needed as Patricia’s folks had paid for my massage. It was with Patti’s blessing that I gave Eileen an additional tip. She deserved it. Before my body relaxed it first became overly excited. Oops.

The members of Patricia’s bridal party were all twenty-something and very beautiful women who would fill out their gowns with no added help. I guess they were not all beauties by some male standards. It became no problem to see their beauty and importance to Patricia. Two of the women knew of Richard, and one knew Sara. The other bridesmaid knew that Richard previously only had an additional younger brother.
We all were dressed in sun-dresses when we went to rehearsal. Patricia said the sundress was mine to keep. When my eyes teared, she said, “That's all the appreciation I needed.”

To be continued …

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

First Prom NOW a Bridesmaid

Renee_Heart2's picture

Wow Meline sure does get in to some interesting things in her life as a girl. I think things are looking up for her and she will make a FINE young woman. As for collages well I wonder which one she will pick.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Get in to some interesting things...

...Like playing Jack N Jill one thing doesn't exactly lead or develop quite as expected. Hopefully it still to a healthy place. Thanks Sam...

Hugs, Jessie

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Auntie melwanie, did it hurt?

Not yet but it may still at some point in time! Oh how they grow up so quickly now! Wow first the Prom dress, now a Bridesmaid dress! I guess next will be a Wedding dress? (Snicker giggles). Jess dear, I'm so jealous! Melanie's having way more fun than any Law should allow! Loving Hugs Talia

Yes, Melanie is getting a full...

experience as a girl despite her brother. I have often been jealous as the one who wasn't there at the right time.

Glad you're enjoying the story, were not far from the end.

Hugs, Jessie

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors