Going to the Prom with Marcine (1 of 3)

Printer-friendly version


Going to the Prom with Marcine
(1 of 3)



By Jessica C

Marcine’s an old-fashioned girl who moved to our town and neighborhood when I was small. My only regret is we became close friends, more like a sister and brother over time. It’s the other boys at school she goes on dates with. Yes, there was one time we went to a movie together and I paid her way in. That was to see an old Disney movie being re-released.

Now it’s February and she’s already getting invites to the Junior/Senior Prom. She asked me earlier in the week if I could go shopping with her on Saturday. Once, I found out I was going to be the only one taking her I said, yes. What I didn’t know was it would begin at 9:00 a.m. and continue until late in the afternoon. It only ended then because she had a date to go out with a bunch of friends. I was invited to go along if I had a date.

Back to Saturday morning, the first stop was at a bridal shop for girls to find out their colors. Ms. Monica Lenz asked, “Hart, yes you Jonathan. Would it be okay if I demonstrated this with you, so I don’t have to choose between all these girls here?”

I quickly said, “No.” Only to be drowned out by the chorus of girls clapping and saying “Yes!” “Cute!” “Great!” They wouldn’t stop until I let up and went up to the front. I was even going to give Marci my car keys if I decided to leave, but she said no and the others encouraged me to stay.

Monica says, “Thanks, Jon. Please know it won’t hurt you to know your colors. It can be just as helpful to know for men their colors as well. Knowing their girlfriend's colors is even better. But,” she said, “it is just next to impossible to get you boys to realize that.”

She demonstrates with a jeans coat. “Almost all guys choose this traditional blue for a coat too rough around in. Who sees what it is doing to Jon’s skin tone?”

Several girls quickly agree that blue washes out my face. Monica says, “Wearing this, especially during cold weather makes them look like the life has been drained out of them. The utility brown would be better for them hunting deer in the grey of fall so they can blend into the scenery. Hopefully, the guy doesn’t have any red in his hair or he’ll look like Howdy Doody.

“Now when I put different makeup on Jon, watch how different blues, greens, reds, and yellows look on him. …Now when he puts on this blue skirt with this yellow/peach blouse looks in contrast to this blue and white and this yellow top. Marci is quick to respond, “That blue goes with the warmer blue, and yellow/ peach would be more attractive for him.”

Monica calls forward Terri Snow asking her to sit a couple of feet away from me. “Now look at the other top and skirt with Terri.” Everyone including Jon can see that the outfit now looks very attractive.

Terri asks, “What should a girl do if she has heavier eyebrows like Jon?”

Monica looks at me and then goes to her tray. “Like with Jonathan we can shape the eyebrows and take some of the extra eyebrow out as we do so. …Don’t worry Jon I won’t take much.”

I said, “I didn’t volunteer to lose any of my eyebrows.” Others giggled.

“With that done you can add eyeshadow to draw attention to the eyes and then add mascara for the eyelashes or a makeup pencil to outline the eyes bringing out the eyes. In this case, they are turning out quite beautiful. …I know for a fact that Jon was told those pretty eyelashes should be on a girl. How many of you agree.”

“Jonathan, if you have never dressed as a girl for changeover day you should.” When Monica speaks to the crowd I usually tune out. I shouldn’t have done that this time. As Monica said, “You know, I venture a guess that over half of the mothers of boys would like to see their son as a daughter at some time. Especially if he’s the last child, like Jon.

Marcine says, “Jon has two sisters and then his brother and him. You’re saying his mother might be willing that he would go on a date with us girls as another girl?”

Monica, “Woe, I wouldn’t go that far. If you told her that several of you girls wanted him to go out with you dressed as a girl. You shouldn’t mention the date part. She might just say yes then.”

“But today we’re talking about going to the Prom and I think that would be a stretch. …But using Jonathan and talking about someone with this slender frame one would go with a short dress and show off her pretty legs.” She pulls up Jon’s pant legs, “If you have pretty legs like this; showing them off would be a good choice. Jon, have you ever worn a pretty pair of stockings? …Tell him girls they’re to die for.”
=^-^=

“But now if Joni has already gone to the prom once and worn a short cute dress. This time Joni would probably want to be going in a more formal, eloquent gown.”

She turns to Jon asking, “Okay Joni I have two dresses of each kind. Which would you choose if you were wearing it to a special dinner?”

She asked again as Jon wasn’t paying attention again. She asks “So Joni which would you choose from these four for the prom?”

Jon says, “Well if it were just to a fancy place to eat. I’d hope it was that pretty white dress with the red and silver. But for the Prom, I think that beautiful shimmering blue gown would be the one.”

“Joni would you hold that up and let them see how well the colors of your makeup and the colors of the gown work so well together.” She asks him, “Were you choosing that dress, to go along with your makeup?”

Marcine says, “Does anyone know someone looking for a cute prom date?”

Riley says, “You know Marcine; it doesn’t have to be a boy asking Joni to the prom.”

Marcine says, “Jon had been nice enough to come with me, I’m the one shopping. I’m sorry we’re putting him through all this.”

Riley turns to ask Monica, “Would you allow Joni to wear the blue dress if the rest of us would pay for her to go out to dinner?”

Monica turns to me ready to ask something and I find myself afraid of what I’d say. I had never thought of something like this before, why would I or any boy? But this experience and my feelings for Marcine are stirring inside of me. Monica finally says to me. “If you were inclined to do it, Jon, what do you think your mother would say?”

“I’d love a date with Marcine, but this isn’t anything I would have thought. I’m sure my Mom, like me, would be caught by surprise.”

Monica asks, “So, would it be okay if I called and asked her?” I shrugged my shoulders. Monica replies, “With that let me set it up by saying, I’d pay for the dress and half the makeup. I would hope you and your mother could buy the accessories, a purse, and shoes.”

Marcine steps up and hands Jon’s phone to Monica. I hear someone answer and Monica says, “Mrs. Hart, this is Monica Lenz at the Mall. Jonathan got drawn into our colors demonstration and he was nice enough to help the young women out. He even showed a knack for discerning what would be the correct dress with the makeup we used on him. …Yes, you heard me right. Some of the crowd volunteered to pay his way for a dinner out with Marcine. That is if I’d let Joni use the dress he chose for such a night out.”

“Yes, I’m calling you to see if you’d permit him a girl’s night out with Marcine and the other girls. …Yes Beverly. Like many boys, I think he’s smitten with Marcine.”

Monica calls Jon to the side, “Jon, your mother wants to talk to you. I think she’s open to saying ‘Yes.’ Like myself, she wants to make sure you’re wanting this and are not overtly being pressured. If you decide not to I’d come up with a reason to keep pressure off of you and your mother.”

Jon knows Monica’s a friend to the family and he muffles a ‘Thank you.’

“Mom, it’s me,” I giggle thinking of the situation. “I wouldn’t even think of anything like this; if it was with anyone other than Marcine. But the idea of even a night out with her as a girlfriend seems attractive to me. …I don’t know maybe the fragrance, the makeup, and how pretty the dress is, has me thinking funny.” I have to describe it, “Which one: It was the shimmering blue dress that I said went well with the makeup they used on me.”

Mom says, “You know I can’t speak for your sisters but Shelley has a white pair of heels with straps that would probably be what you’d want with the white dress. They’d probably fit you. If it were a week from now you’d probably have time to get used to heels.”

Finally, she said, “If you’re willing to try this let me talk to Monica and we’ll see if it could be next Thursday or Saturday.”

“Monica,” I half smile and say, “My mother’s wanting to talk with you.” The staff from various mall stores are helping the high school girls see what colors work for them. Monica takes the phone to talk to my mother.

Marcine comes over to me, “Jonathan, I can’t believe this might be happening. You better realize if we do it. I’d want us to do it right with us having our hair done at a salon, along with a manicure and pedicure.”

“I don’t think Monica is planning to cover all that!”

Marcine says, “I know, that would be on us. However, if we’re to do this. I don’t think you’d enjoy that pretty evening dress without going all out, meaning the manicure and pedicure need to be included. …If you’d do it then I think we should go to the Culture Club.”

“I think even Joni would kick in some good money. Yes,” agrees Marcine.

Monica’s off the phone asking, “So what would you two prefer next Thursday or Saturday.”

Marci turns to me, “I don’t know who thought enough to give us time to get ready, but it’s a good idea. The atmosphere at the Culture Club will probably be more conducive to an enjoyable time out for the two of us on Thursday night.”

I said, “I am guessing that Marcine has been there where I am going by only hearsay. Marcine tells me it’s for the upward mobile crowd, not our folks.” Several teens and some college girls acknowledge they have gone there before and it was a special time out like us. Monica said, “For your special time as a woman, I am fairly sure you’ll enjoy it. Especially the attention you might get.”

Monica interrupts us, “Marci and Joni are you both comfortable with the dress Joni likes?” Hearing our agreement she shows three dresses she’s set aside. “Now Joni and Marcine I want to see if you two can agree on a gown Marcine might be wearing.”

Out of the three we agreed about which one shouldn’t be the choice. Marci and I both knew the dress and its colors were not for her.

Marcine was surprised when I brought over a dress. “You’re pretty observant for a boy Jonathan. So that is the one you’d pick?”

I say, “It’s all right, but you should have at least a choice of two suited to you. Hurry and let’s pick two that would work out better.”

Like I thought Marcine had already seen one she’d like. “If they would have picked this one,” she said, “it would compliment your dress and I’d like it.”

And I said, “And it would be a better choice for you. Hurry and pull out one in your size.”

Monica came back and gave me a stern look. “Where did that dress come from? It was not one of the choices.”

I said, “Not being ungrateful but it should be it’s a better choice.” Before she could respond, I said, “I’d even pay seventy dollars toward the cost to buy it.”

Monica embarrassingly hung her head and Myrt, the other woman broke in, saying, “You’re right it is a better choice. It is a better choice color-wise, the style suits her. The two could make it a special night out for you.”

Myrt said, “If she’d rather own it? I could sell it to you for 50% off. You paying seventy that would make it seventeen dollars for Marcine. This is a new style this spring.”


=^_^=


It begins to dawn on me that we’re doing it. “I can’t just go home or watch Marcine shop. How am I going to choose what I need and make sure things fit?”

I hear my mother’s voice from behind me. “With your mother’s help. First, show me the evening dress and tell me if you tried it on yet?”

“Mom, you’re not upset? Where did you come from, how did you know where we are?”

Monica lifted her phone, “Your mother and I are friends and I figured she needed to know where we are. She said you wouldn’t tell her. But in case she were to say no it would be better before we gave you the option.”

I say, “Mom does that mean you and Dad approved I can go dressed as Joni?”

I was looking at my Mom when she paused, “I say, ‘Yes’, and since I say so, your Dad will too… Well, he’ll probably shake his head, knowing it’s a done deal. Your generation is different and you do things we don’t quite understand.”

Myrt gave my Mom, Bev Hart, a list of things we needed to buy and what she might want to help us get organized in doing so.

Mom asked, “Marcine, I’m going to need to get a salon appointment for Joni; do you want me to make a salon appointment for the two of you for the morning of your dinner date?”

Marcine told her yes, qualifying it with, “Please, call Casual to Dressy Salon and ask for Margie and Selene saying it is for me and a friend this Thursday. I prefer 9:30 or 10:00.”


=^_^=


Once off her phone, Mom said, “Now Joni, we need to do some shopping of our own.” The first thing was I had to try on the blue satin dress and make sure I got the right size. Slender me, I was able to fit in a size 10. Having small feet for a guy, I fit into a size 8 1/2 women’s shoe.

We met back up with Marcine; who was delighted with our progress. We had a skirt and an everyday blouse. She suggested we get my lingerie at Victoria's Secret and makeup at Merle Norman or Sephora’s.

Marcine went with us to Victoria’s Secret. Stepping in there I felt immersed in the femininity of fragrance, and soft pastels. Mother asked if I was okay. “Mom, I’m not sure I should be here. Will Marcine laugh at me if I go through this?”

“She’s right here supporting you; it was you who decided this was worth a date of you two going for a special night out. You’ve chosen a very fashionable dress and helped her get one herself. Are you now saying you don’t want to be doing this?” Mom said, “You and Marcine played dress up at her house when you were younger. The young adult version has more to it. But it gives you two a chance to re-enter that friendship and see if it works or not for the two of you.”

I blushed as Jeanette was told I needed to get a bra and some panties. Jeanette took us to a sizeable area of bra displays and explained to me as though she was speaking to Marcine and my mother. I whispered approving two bra possibilities and Marcine handed Jeanette four panties I would be needing.

Jeanette was a caring professional as she led me through the bra selection process in a private room. I tried on both bras and was no closer to choosing one over the other. Jeanette told me, “Your chaperones suggested getting them both if you couldn’t decide.”

She did, however, she insisted that I take ownership of them and pay her for the bras and panties at the register. It was there that two of the girls from the morning session on colors took delight in seeing me. Daphne said, “You’re smart in doing this today instead of drawing out whether you doing it or not. That would make things more anxious for you.”

When we got to Sephora’s they had texted two more friends who met us shortly. Denise from Sephora asked me to put on my outfit, “It will make it easier to see this side of you.”

I sat in a makeup chair in front of Denise; she had an arsenal of products and utensils, brushes and combs, wands, applicators, sponges, and more. The colors and skin tones were pretty much as in the morning session only refined a little. She first gave me the makeup for evening wear. That I was impressed was an understatement. Then she went for a couple of everyday looks, I saw Joni coming to life. That I was buying over two hundred dollars of products for one day left me wondering.

Denise did say I should get my ears pierced, earrings, and a necklace and bracelet. Mom had said she’d pay half the cost; if I followed through with it. I wasn’t sure if I set myself up on solid ground or quicksand.

When the others went their various ways, and we went home; the journey took another step. I had left as Jonathan Hart, and I came home as Joni.

My brother’s eyes bulged out in shock. My father as my mother had surmised, expressed his bewilderment at what had transpired.

While my father and I talked; Mom called one of my sisters at college. Mom came back holding her phone for me to take. Linda said, “I hear you even have a voice for Joni. You are ahead of yourself some guys don’t get the courage to do this until they’re away at college.”

She and I talked until Mom interrupted us saying that was enough for now. The four of us were going out to eat. Strange enough to me, I decided to change into my second outfit. Usually what I was wearing was good enough; I was thinking differently than Joni. My makeup changed a little for the evening.

Scott asserted that I would need to, be it Jon or Joni, needed to use Linda’s room tonight. He preferred it that way until I was back to stay as myself. We went some distance to an Italian restaurant, where I ordered chicken alfredo despite usually preferring the marinara sauce. I was afraid of wearing sauce on my clothes or face.

I hadn’t imagined seeing my sister there; she arrived shortly after we had. I guess we went half the distance between our home and her university. Linda joyously hugged me like this sat next to me and thanked me for a good meal away from the university.

The discussion around the table was more fun than we had had in recent years. And my manners and eating were without incident. Going to the women’s restroom at the end seemed to flow with the day. As the Bible would say of creation, “There was day and night”, the first day of my new creation.


=^-^=


Sunday, we stayed close to home and I dressed as myself that is as Jon. My mind was working overtime as Joni, exciting me in new ways. Throughout the day, I was sure there was something I was missing. It was evening when Marcine called. She was eager to see me at school. SCHOOL! That was it.

“Don’t be nervous that others will know about you, and us going out to dinner.”

I calmly said, though I was inward anxious as could be, “It’s already in play; it is better that I just act nonchalant. I expect that it will be behind us soon enough.” She talked about corsages and we’d agreed that I’d get her a rose corsage and she’d get me some small flowers with a nice fragrance that wouldn’t clash with her perfume.

When we quit our call, I was surprised that we spent over an hour just talking. Here I was involved in girl talk. I paused and thought, I had enjoyed our conversation. There were more things to talk about than I usually thought.

Come morning as I was ready for school everything was boy Jon, except one. I decided to wear my silver stud earrings. Daphne and someone else had spread the word about me being dressed as a girl. Most of school went fine; though I was jostled a bit by bullying via name-calling, names I’d rather not repeat, one near fight, and twice my books or school supplies were knocked out of my hands.

One student drew a character of me in a dress and it was even blue like my gown. That I enjoyed and accepted it in the spirit he gave it to me. I ate lunch with Marcine. A couple of girls thought I made a silly decision. Other girls, enjoyed seeing that my fingernails were better manicured. Cindy who was there Saturday, brought a makeup bag she was sure would fit in a purse. I felt embarrassed a few times as Jon; more often than not I was feeling good. Joni was becoming a nickname many of the girls called me.

My Mom messaged me near the end of school that she had bought me another dress plus a skirt and blouse outfit. I message her back that I had been invited to Marcine’s house after school. There would be more girls there and it was for doing homework.

I received a message back: “No way, are you to go dressed as Joni elsewhere? If they wanted they were invited to our house.” Word of that change quickly circulated with Marcine’s friends and eight, instead of the three anticipated showed up. The study time quickly became a time to learn makeup and hairstyles. Cindy mentioned that Marcine liked Robert. And the discussion changed to include boys. Cindy asked, “As Joni, which boys would you find attractive?” I didn’t readily answer, but several girls offered up boys they thought I would be a good match.

Marcine even volunteered that she could see her and Joni double-dating with Robert and Kevin, a twelfth grader.

When Mom arrived home; Scott had confined himself to his room, and I was fully made up as Joni. Most of the girls stayed at our house, while I was sent to Linda’s room to change into the new dress and put on some pantyhose.

After the girls had left, my mother asked me to help prepare dinner. There was a new apron special for me. Mom suggested that since I allowed the girls to paint my nails with a top coat I should let it remain for going to school. I complained using Joni’s voice, to which Mother said, “I have half a mind to send you tomorrow and Wednesday fully as Joni.”

“I give Mom. I’ll keep the fingernails.”

We finished preparing supper ten minutes after Dad made it home. We were and he said, “Joni, how did you change from Jonathan’s messy eating habits?” Mother chimed in, “She’s also more willing to help around the house. She has manners that have rubbed off from Marcine.”

Scott said, “If you ask me, Jon’s faking it. I’m dismayed by all the attention he’s gotten. Jon has a slew of new clothes and for what; I think he enjoys playing the role of a girl. You should check his panties for signs of wet dreams.”

Mom said, “That’s enough Scott! You weren’t there when Jon got caught up in helping Marcine. He doesn’t deserve to hear this from you. I won’t have it at our dinner table.”

Mom followed me up to Linda’s room. “Dear, I hope I haven’t helped put anything upon you that you didn’t want. I am enjoying having a daughter during these fleeting moments.” I turned and found myself hugging Mom and resting my head on her shoulders. I wasn’t sure why.

“I kind of like it, but it’s going by too fast… It’s like it's so busy that the feelings are rushed. It wasn’t that long ago that I felt more like Scott.” Jon said, “I think Joni is a part of me and has been. What if it isn’t over after our dinner?”

Mom asked, “Are you thinking of something more like the prom? Or do you want more time as a girl?

He said, “I don’t know, but I like being me and I like being Joni. I am Joni!”

Mom says, “While you sound certain about that you don’t need to decide anything tonight. Would you mind a meal out with your Mom tomorrow night?”

I asked, “Can I go out with you as Joni?”

She said, “That’s what I was hoping.”


=^_^=


The next day I went to school with my fingernails polished; I enjoyed wearing a wide-strap camisole under my shirt. It was out of sight. Marcine picked me up and gave me a ride to school. Once we were walking in the parking lot toward the school. Marcine said, “I know your mother told you to keep your fingernails. They still look pretty; you’ll hear some grief from boys. It’s the camisole that surprises me. You must agree they’re nicer than an undershirt.”

I asked, “What made you think I have whatever you said?”

“Simple enough,” she giggled, “It lays differently than a T-shirt, and looking close I saw the outline of the wide straps.”

“What am I to do now?” he moaned. “You couldn’t take me home could you?”

“I’m not going to,” she said, “You chose to do it, enjoy it? You earned the right to.”

“How did I earn that?”

“You’re daring to be you; the right simply comes along with that.”

Just before we reached the school building, I gave her a big kiss and hug.

When we went home after school; we went to her house.

Marcine’s mother, Shirley Short, came up to me and presented me with a pink jeans skirt. “I got this in case you wanted to relax after school, like you used to.” I told her shouldn’t, to which she replied, “Does that mean you don’t want to wear it and its sweater? I checked with your mother and she said it was nice of me.”

“That is nice of you, and since my mother knows; I’ll wear it.”


=^-^=

The sweater was a soft green, and when I took it off at home; my mother suggested I should wear it the next day to school. I spoke up, saying it would have me going too far in dressing as a girl.

Mom still thought it would be okay; she said she’d write a note giving her permission. The next day I did so with a pair of black slacks. I bought the black slacks six months ago knowing they’re unisex.

During the second period, I got a request to go to come to the office. Where I met the psychologist, Sylvia Clark. She was personable; she wanted to talk about me dressed as a girl. “Your mother’s note said you might be transgender. I wanted to know if you’d like to talk about that.”

I told her it was just temporary as I had a dinner date as a girl the next day. She asked, “Does this mean you’re going with a boy?”

“No,” I said, “I helped some girls with a color session for makeup and clothes. And I was offered a dress to go on a dinner date with one of them.”

Sylvia smiled, “But I’ve heard you have worn different pieces of girls’ clothing as well as earrings, fingernail polish, lip gloss, and more. That doesn’t seem like a one-time event. It might be good to talk about the possibility of being transgender?”

I said, “I think, you’re making it out to be something bigger than it is.”

She asked, “How much girls’ stuff do you have?”

“Well, there’s the pretty gown. My mom insisted I get some nice shoes and accessories to go with it. Then there’s some makeup. A dress and a skirt outfit; Mrs. Short bought me a pink jeans shirt and this sweater blouse.”

“What about the girl’s flats that you’re wearing today? I suspect there are at least several hundred dollars of things. It doesn’t sound like a one-time thing.”

“I told my mother it was too much, but she said she was just being supportive of me.”

“Your mother’s the one who suggested you might be transgender in her note to the school.” Sylvia said, “I think that was a way of asking for a second opinion. Are you comfortable meeting with me some more? It would possibly be before or after school.”

“I’m not afraid to talk about it if it makes everyone more comfortable,” I said.

Thursday, I had a note to get out of school at noon as my appointment was moved to 1:00 p.m. It was for my salon appointment, but the note didn’t say anything about that. I was glad to see Selene again, and experience having my hair and nails done.

She had me pick out a hairstyle. The one I picked she said would be better with hair extensions. I said, “That is okay; my mother said it meant I’d have to keep them at least until Monday.”

Selene said, “You’d do well to keep them in over ten days. The style will look cute with the dress you showed me.”

“I’m only going to have a special dinner like this once with my girlfriend. I want to enjoy it,” I told her.

I could hear Marcine agreeing with me as she was in the next salon chair.

Selene gave me a facial as she leaned me back to have my hair shampooed. I was surprised when the facial peel showed stuff that lifted off my face. There were things like long eyelashes I was teased about as a kid. Mascara showed them to be long like others had said. The hair extensions were nice and made a bigger difference than I imagined. The pedicure and manicure also showed a nice change from the first time.

Marcine asked Selene to go lite on my makeup and I guess it was. I wanted to hug and kiss Marcine when we were done. But Marcine asked me to wait until after our dinner. Marcine was even prettier than I had seen her before. That made waiting more difficult.

To Be Continued... First of three chapters…

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

this is going to be a interesting ride

lisa charlene's picture

a good start lets see where it goes from here i do like these type of storys . if he can learn to balance the two sides of his personality he will enrich all those around herself. I have a unique perspective i am Navaho and in the Navaho culture i am what is called a Nádleeh or two spirit person, "One who is transformed" or "one who changes" A Navajo gender spectrum that has been described is that of four genders: feminine woman, masculine woman, feminine man, masculine man. some are able to present as either male or female and sone that cant I'm more of the first group . there is a wonderful story on here that describes our culture better than anything i can describe here if you interested ill send you the name so you can read it for yourself.

Like a runaway train

Dee Sylvan's picture

There has been so much done, it would be hard to see how Jon would return.

I can't quite tell if Jon wants to date Marcine or just be a girlfriend. It seemed like he was romantically interested at the start of the story, but there was no comment from Joni when Marcine suggested they double date with two boys.

Has Joni switched her sexual preference? Is she a lesbian? Is she bi? It doesn't matter, just checking. Good story, I'm looking forward to parts 2 & 3. :DD TAF

DeeDee

Fun

story. Keep going with it please.

Hugs, Kathleen

Times Have Changed

joannebarbarella's picture

What is happening to Joni would have been a total no-no when I was young. Ooh, if only!

no not really

lisa charlene's picture

the year was 1982 high school senior prom we had 2 girl couples and a boy couple .and no it was not California it was texas .how do i know i was one of the female couples .it was frowned on but we did it anyway .and they didnt stop us from attending or having a great time.

Looks like she

has started down a long path. This is going to be interesting.