Going to the Prom with Marcine Dinner Night and More - Two of Three

Printer-friendly version


Going to the Prom with Marcine
Dinner Night and More - Two of Three



By Jessica C
=^_^=


Joni was home a little after 3:00, and she soon wore out her mother with her pacing, and asking questions, until her mother gave her the Seventeen Magazine to read. Please, don’t get up until you’ve read this through. When she quit reading and didn’t know the beauty tips on page 59 her mother sent her back to reading.

That was when Joni started to enjoy what she was able to learn. She heard terms and ideas she didn’t fully understand. She texted Linda and was learning what some meant. She and Linda dialogued via text until her sister called her and they talked for another half hour. They would have talked more but now her mother wanted her to get dressed. After she used the toilet; her mother appeared with a vagina gaff. It felt awkward to Jonathan, but soon delighted Joni.

Once Joni had on her gown, her mother asked her to get her new clutch purse on the small table next to her bed. “Mother, you should have this is beautiful, but what can it hold?

Her mother said, “Just enough for this evening. It is small enough to sit on your lap or next to your plate. Tonight’s makeup a small comb, tissue, and napkin.” Her mother watched as she filled the purse. “Now let us get you into your shoes and used to walking in them.”

It was good that her mother helped her with both. It was a feminine napkin her mother insisted upon. And her mother had her practice walking and using three steps as they had at the Culture Club. Joni became comfortable and was thankful her mother thought of it.

While Scott remained upstairs, her sisters Linda and Shelley both made video calls to see Joni dressed up. It set Joni’s spirit in femme mode. She was as gleeful as any girl she had seen. Mom took several pictures and even her dad was there to give her a good send-off. Jack Hart wasn’t sure about his responsibility when the daughter’s date was another girl.

When the limousine drove to the front of the house and Marcine came in; Joni was ready with her corsage for Marci. Having Marci pin a corsage on Joni capped the beginning of the dinner date. Joni even learned about a slight hug and an air kiss.

A chauffeur held the door to each of them, and they were off to the Culture Club. Joni had ridden by the Culture Club numerous times without noticing it. Tonight it seemed to sparkle and stand out. When someone opened their door and helped them out gracefully Joni felt like a princess. Marci whispered to her, “Don’t stare and look at everything. People will know this is all new to you.”

“But it is,” Joni replied.

“But you shouldn’t advertise it,” Marci said, “just enjoy.” That Joni did. Joni knew her Dad had given her plenty of money for the meal and tip. Plus, given his credit card, just in case. Fernando escorted the two young women to their table and held the chairs for each of them. Marci ordered the non-alcohol champagne and then They perused the menu. Joni would order the Spanish garlic shrimp and Marci the coconut shrimp appetizers. Upon her mother’s suggestion, Marci ordered a North Atlantic Lobster tail with asparagus as her vegetable. Joni ordered sirloin tips, a bed of rice, and asparagus. With the waiter taking their order Marci invited Joni to clean up with her in the women’s room. It was the first time Joni had experienced a woman inside the restroom offering towels as women made their way to wash their hands and freshen their makeup. Joni took her time, and quietly followed what others did.

Jon was usually quiet as he waited for his meal, but there was no shortage of conversation between them. The shrimp was delicious. She and Marci had shared a bite of each’s appetizer. Iced tea as well as water with lemon been served. Joni hadn’t seen any food fall into her lap, but she checked out of habit. She took pride that the napkin on her lap was spotless.

Joni worked up the courage to ask Marci a question burning in her mind. She asked, “Why are you so interested in me dressing up as a girl?”

Marci kind of giggled, “I’m impressed that you asked such a question, but it’s true I am. Your presence as Joni has the fascination of being a girl and a handsome boy. I’ve missed that since we were kids. No one has that… What do you like about being Joni; is it as much as it appears?”

“I like being bigger and there being so much more to being Joni now. I don’t feel like a boy playing dress-up. I can accept being Joni as well as a boy who cares about you. I’ve stepped into your world and like it becoming part of mine. The salon pampering made me happy and feel good in the way I look.”

The main course came and they continued to eat as they talked. Marci giggles at the fact that Joni didn’t have much hair to shave off her legs. Joni also commented on having stockings that stayed up on their own.

Marci was forward enough to ask, “Are you going to go back to being Jon all the time after tonight?”

“That was my intention, but the more I’ve gotten into being me, I’m hoping not to. Part of me is afraid of what my parents will say if I say no, another part of me thinks my parents know and are accepting of who I am tonight. But I’m afraid of knowing for sure.”

Marci takes a juicy bite of her lobster and dabs her lips, “I’m hoping you can stay as Joni. The encouragement my Mom got from your parents indicates to me they accept this side of you.”

Dance music began at 8:30, and finally, Marci asked for a dance. Marci let Joni lead as she was used to. When a second song began two young men asked to dance with them, one each took the hand of another. Joni danced with Brad, the two young men were handsome enough to please each of them. But they were happy enough with just one dance. Back at their table, Marci giggled, “At least now, I know you can follow another’s lead.”

We were done dinner, and ready to leave, but Marci asked for one more dance. Joni let Marci lead this time. She rested her head on Marci’s shoulder. Joni asked, “How can I get my mid-section to be like yours? Do you still go a lot of dancing when you’re home or aerobics?”

Marci said thanks to the compliment, and yes to dancing at home and doing aerobics. She said, “Several of us girls do aerobics three times a week if it works with our schedules. I hope you can be part of us.”

The chauffeur called to inform us he was outside. Marci asked that Joni be dropped off first. Once she was there, she stared at Joni wanting to say something, but she seemed scared. “I don’t want to take away from tonight, but there’s something I want to ask and I hope I’m not being too forward.” There was a long pause, Joni too was anxious about what it might be.

Joni said, “It's okay whatever it is, I can handle it. I’ve enjoyed tonight and being a close friend again.”

“Okay, but I don’t want to hurt you if it sounds silly to you.” She paused and tried reading Joni’s expression. I wonder if you would go with me to the Prom as Joni and go with me to the shore for the weekend? I haven’t talked about it with my friends or parents. I wanted to ask you first.”

Joni said, “I’ve been wanting to kiss you all night. And wow, now this.” Joni leaned forward, kissed Marci, and wouldn’t let go. “I’d love to, but my head is spinning, I was hoping to be a girlfriend, but the prom Marci that blows my mind.”

Marci kisses Joni, and asks, “Can I walk you to your door?” They kiss as they say goodnight and neither wants it to end. Joni says, “I better go in I’m sure my Mom is waiting. I’ll see you tomorrow at school.”


=^-^=


Joni walked in and leaned back against the door to close it, “Wow!”

She was sure her parents were in the kitchen or someplace waiting for when to go or be asked in. “Mom, Dad, don’t play so quietly. I don’t know what to do, but being quiet is not it.” Mom and Dad soon came out of the kitchen.

Scott called down from the upstairs landing. “Can I get a look at you if I’m not crude about it?” He looked and said, “At least you got a nice kiss out of it. Marci’s a beauty!” He then disappeared from the landing.

She looked again to her parents, and the three of them sat in the living room. Mom said, Other than you need to clean off some lipstick; it is good to see you. Tell us how your night was?”

Joni looked in her evening purse, found her mirror, checked her face, and wiped off the smudged lip gloss. She tried to remember how she should be. She sat up straight, put her hands in her lap, and took a breath. It was fantastic we had a good time. The Culture Club took our picture; we can each get a copy. The food was great and we had fun as we talked most of the night. We danced, two boys asked us to dance and then took hold of us and we danced one dance. Before we came home we had one more dance. But I never thought of just staying there and talking as we did.” The three talked some more.

Joni became anxious, “Can I talk to Mom alone, it’s not bad. It would just be easier talking to Mom first.” Mom invited Joni up to Joni’s room.

“So what’s so precious you need to talk to me first?”

They sat on the bed facing each other and holding hands. “Mom, we’re best friends again!” Mom said good, but she sat knowing there had to be more. “Do you already know?”

“Know what? I’m sure I don’t. It’s just I know you have something you need to talk to me about.” She paused, “I’m here for you.”

“Mom, how does a girl handle these things? She asked me to the Prom.” Joni got up and walked to the closet. “I need to get out of this gown and hang it up before I ruin it.”

Mom said, “You can do that but let’s talk first.” Joni had the back clasp undone and the zipper halfway down before she stopped. She sat again on the bed.

Joni said, “I was so happy with just a fantastic night, but to be asked to the prom I couldn’t have dreamed better. She’s asked me as Joni; I want to say yes will that be okay?”

“Are you telling me? That you didn’t already say, yes.” Joni’s expression went flat. “If I did, would I be in trouble?”

Mom grind, “No, you are not in trouble,but we do need to talk it through and this time your father will need to be in on the discussion.” Mom said, “If I remember right, didn’t you tell Dr. Sylvia Clark that this wasn’t about being transgender?”

“Don’t make fun of me, so it's more than I acknowledged.” Joni’s eyes became watery. “I confess that there is also something called happy tears.” Mom moved closer so Joni could cry on her shoulder.

“Truly, you belong in Lind’s room as you share tender hearts,” said her mother, “like her, take time and don’t be in a rush.”

“Thanks, Mom,” Joni said, “I think time will see it to be a good decision.” Her mother guided her in hanging her gown, cleanse and moisturize her face, and even preparing her hair for sleeping. Joni put on comfortable pajamas and her robe and went to watch the news with her parents and brother.

The next day, it was Joni who appeared at school. She avoided her mockers as best she could and stayed close to others when advisable. During lunch, she sat with girls in her grade and was well-received. They enjoyed Joni talking about the Culture Club, though she did not mention dancing with a guy.

She did get to talk with Sylvia Clark, the school psychologist. “I’m actually excited to meet with you today; last night was wonderful and I wanted someone I’m comfortable sharing it with.”

“I appreciate you trusting me to share what happened. I agree with your mother to take time to think about the invitation to the Prom. We have had one boy three-years-ago who went to the Prom dressed in a gown.”

Joni eagerly told Ms. Clark, “That was Brian Moore; he was in my sister Shelley’s class. That was bigger news than it would be now.”

Joni was in her last class of the day when she got a text from Marci. “There’s a dance tomorrow night at the community youth center will you go with me and have some fun?”

Joni, “You know quite well that I’ll still have my fancy hair and be seen as Joni. I don’t think I want to be invited to dance by boys. I would need to talk with my parents. The Waverly Putt, Putt Golf Course would be an alternative.” Messages stopped until after school.


=^-^=


When Joni got home, she had text messages from both sisters. They were pretty much identical. They would be home the Thursday and Friday before Mother’s Day; they would have finished their final exams for college. Their question to Joni was, “Do you want to be Joni that Saturday when we take Mom out for our traditional Mother/Daughter dinner? Jon’s not invited.” Joni was excited as it meant acceptance; she was sure they had checked with Mother, and it would be okay. It was a step away from her mother saying yes to the prom.

I communicated to them that would be fun.

Anya, a close friend of Marci, called, “Hey, Marci showed me your picture from the Culture Club. You make a good-looking girl. I wonder if you still have your fancy hair, that would be an ideal time to look for a prom dress… I talked to Marci and she showed me a picture of her prom dress and asked if I’d help you look for something that would compliment you two together. Would that be okay with you?”

It made sense, so I called down to my Mom. Mom called back, “See if Anya’s the one Marci suggested to go with us.” It was, so I was to ask if 10:30 would be too late to go shopping. “I don’t know if I can go yet?”

Anya, said, “It would be better if we went no later than 9:00.”

Mom then called me down to talk with her, “I apologize, but your father and I talked and agreed you could go to the prom. Between now and then, we’d like you to do a bit more work around the house. Dad even suggested that you could clean out and paint the activity room. I or your dad could help.”

I asked, “Mom let’s just talk about the Prom and getting me a prom gown. Let’s put aside how you forget to tell me?” Then I informed my Mom that Anya used to go to our schools before her family moved. Mom agreed to take Anya and me, and that we’d pick up Anya and go from there. There were quite a few places near there to shop, and we hoped it would help in selecting something special, and unique.

She said she would not show me a picture of Marcine’s prom dress; Marci wanted it to be a surprise. It was good to have a video call with Anya. She had been a shy girl before she moved away but now she appears to have come out of her shell. I also learned that she will be at the prom with Brian Daley, a senior from our school.

Come Saturday morning, my Mother had me awake around 6:00 and hurry to get ready. We were at Anya’s house, by 8:00 which I thought was early. But then I wasn’t thinking. Mom wanted to meet Anya and her mother Marie Andrich. Ten quick minutes for me became forty minutes. I hadn’t seen Anya since she moved away and she had transformed into a beautiful woman, and like Marci, she was already talking about universities. She was delighted that I was susceptible to being teased and that I took it well.

We went to Jensen’s Bridal and Gown Boutique; Guthrie Jensen the owner was a flamboyant and much-involved owner/manager. Guthrie took great interest in me. He had already talked to Anya and knew the color and style of Marci’s gown. He showed me a slender pink gown with a price tag that blew my mind. It was satin, and it had lace lacework which I loved. He even talked me into trying it on; which felt and looked wonderful on me. But its $895 price tag was out of my league. Before we left to look elsewhere he told us that he would sell it to me for $435, if I’d let him take a photo shoot of me in the gown. All of us were tempted. We did want to look elsewhere, plus Anya wanted to talk to Marci before we could consider buying it.

One interesting tidbit was Anya seemed to rush me past an amazing blue silk dress.

We were at the Bridgewater Bridal Shoppe when Marcine got back in contact with Anya. She and my mother talked. I had two gowns that I had selected to try and was getting into the first one. It was very pretty and at $200 I thought it was amazing, but both gowns there were pale in comparison to what I tried at Jensen’s.

My Mom stopped me after the first gown; saying that Marci favored me getting the gown at Jensen’s. Mom allowed Anya to drive our vehicle as she wanted to talk to me in the back seat. Mom said, “Joni, Anya has heard back from Marci, and she’d like you to get the dress that Guthrie has offered to you. I’m sure Guthrie will want to celebrate your decision, please be respectful.”

“Mom, he’s different, but he’s unique and interesting as well. I just don’t want him taking a personal interest in me,” said Joni.

They were soon there and what Joni didn’t observe was the blue gown she admired was out of sight. The emphasis was on getting Joni into her gown for a fitting. Guthrie wanted Joni to wear a vagina gaff for protecting the gown in case Joni got too excited and had an accident. The idea caused Joni to blush in front of her Mom, Anya, and Guthrie. Blushing was something she was getting used to.

To Be continued, This was two of three chapters…

up
71 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Fun!

Do I see a possible modeling opportunity for Joni?

There is a possibility...

Dear Avid Reader,
A spin-off has come to mind, but as of yet not in modeling. The interaction is through the growing number of friends and possibilities she's not imagining.
Jessie

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Loving

the story. I really like your stories and hope this one continues past 3 parts or in the spinoff.

Hugs, Kathleen

A blonde moment

Dee Sylvan's picture

I hate to say it, but I'm one confused little girl. lol.

Marci is my hero, going to the prom. Unbelievable. Can't wait for more. :DD TAF

DeeDee

Happening Fast

joannebarbarella's picture

Joni is obviously going to the Prom with Marci. It seems as if Jon is never going to be Marci's boyfriend but she's happy to be her girlfriend. Now which dress will she choose?

Things are moving...

but maturing (the journey) isn't done. Is Jon being set aside, and is being the girlfriend the goal and end? Being transgender has been a journey for me and hopefully part of this story. Thanks for the comments.

Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Yup

Joni is here to stay.