Art Project – 9 On the Job Training

Printer-friendly version


Art Project – 9
On the Job Training



By Jessica C


Andrew’s lying back in the bed as he sniffs to take in the scent as the bedroom is now more Andrea’s. He looks round to pick up and put away his clothes. Dirty clothes had already been put into the laundry. Andrew does have a lightly worn pair of jeans, he’ll wear again. Even they are neatly folded and put on a chair in the corner. This is different from Andrew previously. It is he who will be working at Carrie’s women’s store today.

Carrie Druthers is happy that her relationship with Andrea/Andrew is still intact and he/she continues to work there when possible. It is not only good for business. She likes Andrew and believes whether it’s Andrew or Andrea the person will fare better staying connected with old friends and this community. She would rather have Andrew staying and going to school here. That's what she thinks she would have chosen.

Andrew gets cleaned up and dressed for work. Though it is Andrew, he has a camisole and panties on underneath. He knows some might see an indication of the camisole if they look for it. What he wants is for people to see that he, Andrew, is very much still around.

The morning at the store was a proceeding as normal up until Brandi Myers came in. She’s a college student in our community tutoring gifted students. Andrew had seen her before, noticing she has a keen eye for fashion. She also has a sharp wit and sense of humor.

Coming up behind Andrew she catches him by surprise.

=^_^=


“You know it is a bit disappointing to come here and find you working. I was hoping it would be Andrea, whom I’ve heard so much about. They say you have pretty legs and I was wondering what you looked like in a skater skirt?”

Andrew is still a bit off-balance as he is usually the one commenting on the other person and asking if he can help. “Uh, um. I’ve heard you, you’ve been doing a great job in working with the younger students.” He catches his breath, “Is there something I can show you or help you find?”

Brandi says, “Yes, you could show me those pretty legs. I’d also like to see what you think would look good for me. I’m going to the city this weekend and I’d like something a bit sexy, but not overboard.”

She pauses, steps forward as Andrew tries to step back but finds himself against a clothing rack. Brandi says, “Don’t worry I won’t bite.”

Carrie has been ten feet away taking in Andrew and his reactions to the young woman who's intimidating him. “Andrew relax and see if you can help her.”

Andrew says, “Ms. Druthers, I’m not sure I can.”

“Ms. Druthers,” Carrie says, “She might be one of the more attractive young women you encounter as a customer, but she is not the first nor the last. What did she ask that is so difficult?”

Brandi has taken but a half step back; Andrew turns his head to Carrie who is about three feet away. “She wants to see my legs, preferably Andrea in a skater dress or skirt…”

Brandi turns to Carrie, “I heard as a girl he has very attractive legs. I thought as a fashion designer he wouldn’t be so shy or intimidated.”

Carrie says, “Many designers are introverts deep down, they step-out to the public through their designs and their creations. Andrew/Andrea has usually been the exception. …Regarding the skater skirt, I’m not sure but we might be out in her size of skater skirts.”

Brandi says, “She couldn’t wear one from another line, maybe Lulu’s? I also asked him if he would help in selecting something for me. It doesn’t have to be something from Andrea’s Threads though.”

Andrew says, “If I were to change into a skirt, I’d rather be totally in Andrea mode. That would take more than changing into a skirt.” He says, “Regarding something for when you go out on the city, there are numerous possibilities, depending mostly on your tastes and your comfort zone.”

Brandi asks, “How late are you working? I was wondering if you got off early enough maybe Andrea could change and come back. Or if you’re working tomorrow I could come back at about one o’clock with some friends.”

Carrie takes Andrew a few feet away and whispers, “If you wanted you could go home and come back as Andrea in a couple of hours. You could also just take care of her as a customer, but I think she should see you making the decision and taking control.”

“Thanks,” and with that Andrew turns to Brandi. “I work until 6:00 tonight. Right now I’d like to help you look for some clothes for this weekend. Andrea could be working tomorrow, but she’s not scheduled.”

He asks, “What else will you be doing in the city? You’re wearing jeans now, what do you like to wear when you’re out having fun? We have a good selection of possibilities in size two. Going to a size one in the right clothes could come across as really sexy.”

Brandi says, “I don’t remember telling you I wear a size two.”

Carrie says, “I will leave you two alone, but he does have a good eye for sizes as well as fashion.”

Andrew steps pass Brandi, “So are we looking at a skirt, jeans, fashionable slacks and tops?”

He’s already anticipating skirts or dresses. She says, “Yes, a skirt or nice dress for out on the town. The clubs I’ll be going to are very nice, good places where a young woman should be stylishly attractive.”

Andrew suggests, “One possibility I would suggest is a skater skirt that’s probably two inches longer than the shortest ones here. Lulu and Andrea’s lines both have them in skirt or dress form. If you want something not here in Andrea’s line it could be here by Friday morning.”

Brandi asks, “But how could I know it would fit properly?”

Andrew says, “I would be able to tell by something else here. Since I’ve made most of the clothes in my line; I’d have no trouble doing a quick alteration.”

She says, “You think that well of yourself?”

“Not really, I tend to worry but others seem to like what I do. If need be, I can do extra alterations on the spot.”

Brandi asks, “Would it be possible for you to make something original for me using a fabric I choose? My grandmother has been wanting to do something special for me. So I’m hopeful that I can well afford you.”

Andrew asks, “Let us look for somethings now and we can discuss that. I’d have to think and know you a little and then see if anything comes to mind.

Brandi did choose a skater skirt, a see-through print top with an attractive spaghetti strap top underneath. She chose a clinging dress, but changed to the skirt I pointed out with a top that went low enough to show her cleavage nicely. She tried the outfit and liked it so much that her complexion glowed. She picks an expensive pair of designer jeans and several tops to go with them. “I think I’m set for the weekend. If you don’t mind I’d like to take you out to dinner to say thanks.”

Andrew’s flattered to have this beautiful woman invite him to dinner. “I’m open to that but I need to check with my Mom. If I can go to dinner, is it Andrew or Andrea who is invited?”

Brandi says, “It was Andrew who made the sale, but it is Andrea’s legs that I came to see. You choose tonight and I’ll be impressed either way.”

I rang up her sale and gave my phone number and address before she left. Carrie tells me, I can leave at 4:30 p.m. Brandi says, she’d pick me up at 7:00. I'm thankful since it gives me time to freshen up and change especially if I decide to go as Andrea.

The afternoon is fun as I wait on several classmates and their friends. An afternoon can seem awful slow if one is not busy. One girl loves a light sweater dress a whole lot but has a friend who had bought one just like it. I thought of a dress I previously designed and thought of how it could be redesigned to a sweater dress. “Michele, how would you like a dress similar to that but using one of my dress designs? I’d convert it to a sweater dress and make one with a print similar to this. We would make one for you and then others in solid colors and designed for the fall.”

I get Marci on the line, she’s the head design and production person that I like to work with. She soon knows what I want and shows me via a computer attachment of a fabric print that she suggests. Michele quickly agrees and Marci says, “I can have the first one to you Monday or Tuesday. But I need you to cut out and put one together there and get it to me via the mail. I will need also to have your approval before I can sign off and you receive the first dress.’

I giggle and ask why? She says, “So far all the designs for production are first produced by you. JC told me I can help you, but the original needs to come from you as it has been. This is a very nice design idea.” Marci asks, “Is there some other design that we need to check and make sure we either have an original or get the rights too?”

Marci tells me, doing so before it is always easier to acquire rights from others earlier than later. I tell her of the dress and maker that Michele had liked. She checked it out and reported back, “We’re fine. The quicker you have an original sent the sooner we’ll have her dress back to you.” She says, “I know of a bolt of fabric here I’d use for the original.”

Michele feared she couldn’t afford it, but smiled when I mentioned calling it Chele', Shelley. The cost would be spread out over the design and larger production. I was glad to have another dress design in my design folder.

=^_^=


True to Carrie’s word, I am off by 4:30 and soon home. I worry about getting my parents approval, but Mom says, “It should be a good experience for you. If they trust Brandi to work with younger students you too should be safe. Going out to dinner with her should be helpful. Watch her closely and pick up some tips on how you should be at a nice dinner with someone special.”

I ask, “Mom, she sees me as a special person. Are you expecting me to go as Andrea?”

She says, “I think that was her hope when she gave you the option. You choose, either way, it should be a good experience. If Andrea goes I think that full blue skirt would be nice. But you might ask if it would be okay when she calls to check on you.”

My eyes pop wide, “Why do you think she might call and check on me?”

If she’s taking you to a nice place like the Credo Club or out of town, I’m sure she will call to make sure what you’re wearing, so you’ll complement one another or at least not clash.”

I was out of the shower drying myself when I heard my phone. It was Brandi and when I asked if it was alright to come as Andrea. She just asked what colors I was going to be wearing. She says, “I wanted to make sure it was possible for you to go out. I didn’t want to create a problem because of my age and the short notice. If you want to stay close we can go to The Credo Club or I can take you out to Olivia’s Hideaway. I think you’ll like either one.”

I tell her, “If we’re to go to the Credo Club ask for Morey and tell him you’re taking me to dinner. He’ll have a special table reserved for us. The Hideaway also sounds good. My google search suggests it would be a good place to relax and visit, along with having good food.” The search suggests it is a friendly LGBT place. I guess I should relax and enjoy who I am.

=^_^=


I’m back to focusing on getting ready. I take an added effort in doing my makeup, wondering about how Brandi will see me. I feel a tinge of excitement in being with Brandi, hoping she does not sense I have a crush for her. I put on my gaff as I don’t want to embarrass myself.

I wasn’t mindful of the perfume I sprayed into the air and walked through. It is ‘Seduction’ that Megan introduced me to. I am ready with twenty minutes to spare when I go down to wait for her. Leah walks by giving me a knowing glance and soon she comes back out of the kitchen with Mom. They both smile like they do when they’re going to give me a rough time hopefully just having fun.

Mom asks, “Any special reason you’re wearing that perfume?”

“It was by mistake Mom. You need to believe me. I sprayed it and walked through it before I realized…

Leah says, “Yes but you had to have sprayed the air at least twice. Do you hope she’ll see you as attractive? You know you’re a little young for her.”

I say, “It’s not like that. I didn’t mean to.”

Leah says, “Are you sure it wasn’t some Freudian slip.”

Heidi enters the room, “I am quite sure she will get the message. That you say was purely accidental?” Ooo, Heidi’s giggle grates Andrea.

“Mom I guess it’s too late to back out or call her,” Andrea asks?

Mom smiles, “You can tell her in person; she’s out of her car, coming up the walk.”

Mom opens the door for Brandi and welcomes her in. “Andrea’s sisters are delighting in giving her a hard time. I hope you don’t mind her being a little flustered?”

Brandi says, “I’m not sure but I think I did that to Andrew earlier in the day. I hope Andrea, like Andrew, will recover to appreciate a nice evening out.” Brandi is in a simple yet eloquent nouveau style dress. “Andrea, you look very nice tonight. I think we will compliment each other quite nicely.”

“Ms. Stephens, I hope you will excuse me for giving short notice in taking her out for dinner. I just wanted to thank Andrew for helping me to pick out a nice selection of clothes. That ended up with me buying a number of pieces and add a new look for me and my wardrobe.

“He, she does have a gifted eye for fashion and what works. I’m hoping that Andrea can come up for me with one of her own fashion designs. I have a grandmother who’s wanting to do something special for me.”

Mom asks, “Please sit and visit for a minute if you have the time? I’ve heard many things about you. You are a gifted genius in your own right. I am surprised to find such a person attracted to our community.”

Brandi smiles, “Thank you. Part of it is for my doctoral project and part to just connect with gifted young people. The setting here allows me to work closely with young people without the distractions of a larger city. Finding Andrea, just when her career is blossoming is a very nice bonus.

She says, “I must admit, I went to the store hearing how gifted she is. I was out to frustrate and challenge her if I could. But I came away impressed and buying more than I intended.”

Leah chimes in, “One, I hope you will be gentle on my little Sis, as she seems a little taken with being asked out to dinner with a woman noticeably ahead of her. But I’m more impressed that you say you’re working on a project for your doctorate. You don’t appear to be more than a year older than me.”

Brandi says, “I might appear young, but I’m 22 and being a genius many others already have their Ph.D. by now. I took some time off from pure academics to immerse myself into the world more. I thought taking time now I could relate and dialogue with my younger peers. This summer and the past two years has been good for me.

“If you don’t mind, I’ve planned to share dinner and the evening with Andrea.”

Mom asks, “When might I expect my youngest daughter home?”

Brandi says, “If she has a curfew of ten or so, I can do that. Or I could see me bringing her home as late as midnight. That is if she were to get a dress idea and needed to take measurements.”

Mom says, “I’m not used to her going out. If it were a date, I’d expect her no later than 11:00. Being out with you to 12:00 or 1:00 a.m. would be okay, but I’d want a call before 10:30 if that’s to be the case.”

Heidi calls from upstairs, “Mom, you wouldn’t let me stay out that late. The twerps barely sixteen.”

Mom says to Brandi and me, “You two better get, and I’ll handle the sibling rivalry here.” Mom gave me a hug, before asking, “Do you have everything? …have a good night honey.”

=^_^=


Brandi has a lower riding sports car and she’s opened the door for me. Sitting down, sweeping my skirt under me with Brandi here, challenges my male ego. Here I am a younger girl, escorted by a woman I’d like to flirt with. I hope my cheeks are not turning red. I scoot around lifting my feet into the car.

Brandi scoots in at the driver’s seat saying, “I hope you don’t mind, but I want to take you to Olivia’s. I’m afraid if we’re at a special table at Credo’s; we might have too many interruptions for an enjoyable evening.

“I am not as worried about another outfit as I want to thank you. I am very impressed by your gifts and maturity.”

Brandi is driving as I’m surprised by her statement that she’s ‘very impressed by my gifts and maturity.’ I tell her, “I’m confused, it’s me who is impressed by you. I’ve seen you work with others, but you didn’t know I was watching you. You have a gift of putting yourself aside while encouraging them. Half of them already think they’re better than anyone else. Most seemed to eventually get it that you were encouraging them to grow, challenging them to be more." I ask, “Do you really understand all their mathematical equations, philosophical thoughts, and their study ideas?”

Brandi smiles, “Sometimes I know enough to dialogue with them, much of the time I am still well ahead of them. You’re right that many of them had trouble thinking I’m their equal or better. I, however, am not there to prove myself to them. I easily understand one so young and intelligent having such a perspective. One doesn’t want to dampen their enthusiasm.”

“I like how beautiful your dress looks.”

Brandi asks, “What do you think of the nouveau style? This one is simple, I was wondering if you have designed any along this line.”

“I confess, so far I’ve only watched JC Harper design in this area. Before last fall, I was like most guys who would have tripped over what meant what in the fashion world. Now I often watch other women and talk fashion at the drop of a hat. I hope that does not bother you?”

She asks, “What that you’ve grown so much, or that you see yourself like other women?”

“While my growth seems to be as a woman and I’m really a boy.”

Brandi says, “Are you really? The two times I remember you watching my students and me; you appeared as Andrea.” Her right hand lightly comes down on my hand closest to her.

I might be Andrea, but part of my delight right now tells me I should be Andrew. I liked her fingers threading through mine. The conversation the rest of the trip to Olivia’s Hideaway is casual as we share thoughts and things we like. She notice’s in the scenery we pass-by, things I hadn’t seen before. An exit before our turn, she leaves the highway to take a more relaxing ride.

She pulls up to drop me off at the door of Olivia’s Hideaway but seems happy when I opt to walk with her from where we will park. We have a table a little off to the side reserved for us. Olivia’s has an interesting motif of plants, short waterways that bubble up here and there. The waitress seems to recognize Brandi, but it is her recognizing me that surprises me. She says, “Paige will be pleased if I can tell her that the young artisan Andrea is here.”

Right away, I suspect she’s either not really talking to me or has me confused with someone else.

Brandi says, “You seem surprised that women see fashion, like landscapes as art. Men don’t often see the delicate side of life as art. Many of them, have to be told its art before they see it as such.

Brandi tells the waitress, “She wouldn’t mind meeting Paige but we’d rather it be later. We want some time together first.” She takes our orders and Brandi tells me, “I think Paige is either Olivia’s daughter to niece. I think the latter because Olivia looks too young to be Paige’s mother.”

During our time at dinner, Brandi says, “I think your mother trusts that I don’t want to have my way with you. She’s only partially right. I’d very much like that but I’ll wait. You need more time to decide who you are and who you will be. Don't be in any big rush.”

I challenger her, “I doubt you could be happy with anyone other than another genius.”

She says, “Many think that but I’m more attracted to someone with gifts and has a personality and not an IQ above 140. When you came to the park. You seemed to be interested in how I treated people as well as my intellect. I was watching if the same thing was true with you. The jury’s still out, you know most of the customers here.

“I am wondering if you have gotten any ideas about what you might design for me.”

I coax Brandi, “Do you think you could order me a weak sangria that has extra fruit and juice? I’d like to sip something and be a bit daring. Truthfully I am a little intimidated in sharing my ideas with you.”

Brandi asks, “Does that mean you have more than one?” Brandi orders a Sangria like I want, as though, it is for her.

We scoot closer together after I remove three quick and rough sketches from my purse. One is fairly formal and staid, as I think a woman might present herself in society and academia. The next dress is for a similar event but is for a woman presenting herself as attractive and there to make a statement. It is an elegant gown that sweeps down over one shoulder. I’m not sure if it should be two solid colors or include a print. I have a sheer fabric that is over much of the gown, but is tiered itself and over most but not all of the gown.

My third is a special dress for a special night out. I have a light fabric cloak that can be worn with it if the evening starts in a more formal setting. But with the cloak discarded, it becomes a dazzling dress, bright and cheery for a fun night out. I tell her, “None of these represent a finished design worthy of even a designer’s frame.”

She already ordered and received her own drink which she raises toward me. She reaches over and hugs me, whispering, “You are only serious about the second two aren’t you?”

I ask, “I’d not only like to visit more about these, but I really would like to get your measurements to help me to proceed. That’s if you are serious and I’m not being too forward.”

Paige visits with us, and she is indeed Olivia’s niece and Olivia is much younger than Paige’s mother. “My Aunt Olivia is also a fan of yours. We’d like to get a picture of you with Olivia and you could autograph it later before we hand it up.” Quietly she asks, “Did you enjoy your sangria?”

We were at Brandi’s apartment before she takes me home. I suspect it is inappropriate of me to measure her. But she gets down to her panties and bra. I’m sure in part to embarrass me. She does give me a hug and kiss that I’m still treasuring. It will be the better part of a week before we’re back together again.

=^_^=


Mom knew the next morning that I was different. “I hope you are comfortable knowing a woman you like and look up to can be interested in you. I don’t need to know everything, I just want you to know I’m here. But if I ever sense you get in over your head, I am and will act as your Mother. You need to take a better shower when you’ve been so… I’m not sure how to say it delicately.”

The next week I need to travel to Chicago and Milwaukee for a three-day promotional trip. Then it will be home to get ready for school and my new apartment. Leah has picked an apartment in the same building but on another floor and across the hall. I’m going to feel like a little child when my Mom is there, but I’m having second thoughts about being away from home. I’m glad Megan’s apartment has been switched. I’ll have a friendly and familiar face across the hall…

To be continued…

up
240 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

such acceptance over Andrew/andrea cross dressing it is nice

Relaxed natural as it should be ...even his family takes it in stride ..
I hope you write more to this story it is refreshing and well written .I am looking forward to a nice long story from this .....

Stephen J

Acceptance ... as it should be

Acceptance ...
Indifference ...
Rejection ...

These are all understandable reactions by the Normals to the existence of the Odds. But there are so few of us. Official numbers for all LGBTyaddayadda tend to average around 5 percent. If you double that, or even triple it, to account for those of us who lie when asked, there still aren't enough of us to matter.

But where does the open homicidal hostility come from? Especially in the case of the Christians.

The Jews and the Muslims are stuck with holy books that tell them to murder us, because that's what their particular God wants. But both of these groups combined are smaller than we Oddballs. (At least here in the USA. ~ 1 percent Jewish, ~ 1 percent Muslim, and these numbers are much more accurate.)

Then the New testament came along and the Christian God suddenly sprang into existence (or maybe was finally noticed?)

This Christian holy book says turn the other cheek, in place of an eye for an eye. And in place of stone the adulteress or the homosexual it says let those who are without sin cast the first stone. And above all this new God commanded Christians to love their neighbors. Not in the Biblical sense, of course ;- )

So - why do Christians spend so much energy hating? There is a joke (which I do not remember) that has the following punch line. Alright, let's just kill them all and let God sort them out. I hope that is not the answer to my question.

I'm just trying to understand. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I suppose I have. Sorry.

T

.

By the way, this is a good story. Please keep it coming.

T

They went intimate

Renee_Heart2's picture

But as close as they could get at the time. I think BrandI has a thing for Andrea & Andrea her. In all honesty with the place she goes Brandi is eather a lesbian or even Bi. As for Andrea's designs go she has talant and I think she will go far as a designer and dress maker. I keep seeing more and more of Andrea creeping out even as Andrew Andrea is thre more then he realizes, I mean look how he went to work panties cami & a light top and jeans sounds more like a girl to me creeping in.

Another nice chapter keep up the good work.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Exposing hidden talents

Jamie Lee's picture

Andrew is so much more comfortable designing than at first. Especially seeing how his designs are accepted.

Brandi is one of those who is capable of seeing more within someone than they see in themselves. While she sees his designing abilities are far ahead of someone his age, she sees he is much more. While Andrew and Andrea are the same person, Brandi sees beyond their ability to design.

What are Brandi's feelings toward Andrew/Andrea? She finds him interesting because of his age as a designer. But is the an actual attraction between the two? Andrew is attracted because of her beauty, and his age. But could it be deeper?

Others have feelings too.

Seems Andrea

Is never going to want for a girlfriend/ boyfriend.