A Modest Proposal - Part 3

Printer-friendly version

 

A Modest Proposal Part 3
by Melanie Brown
Copyright  © 2022 Melanie Brown

 


 

“Sorry I’m late, Coach.”

“We’re just about to start, Ronnie. Try to get here early tomorrow,” Coach at least didn’t sound mad.

“Now I need to find a place to change into my gym clothes,” I hefted my gym bag as I started to turn around.

Coach waved her hand and said, “Just use the locker room. We need to get started.”

Feeling confused, I said, “I thought the principal said the locker rooms were off-limits to me.”

Coach Martin frowned. “Pish posh. It’s just us girls here. You’re not going to be waving your thing around are you?” Several squad members giggled.

Embarrassed, I said, “Of course not, Coach.”

Coach waved her arm. “Go change. We need to get started.”

I picked up my bag. “Yes ma’am.” I hurried to the locker room. Once in the locker room, I couldn’t help but notice the rows of individual showers. In the boys locker room, the showers are just a big open area with shower heads along the wall and one drain in the middle of the floor. In PE thankfully it was only recommended to take a shower, not required. I always skipped the shower as I was very uncomfortable about being naked in a room full of other naked boys. I doubt I’ll be allowed to shower with the girls, even if I could bring myself to do it.

I mentally kicked myself when I opened the gym bag. It was the same bag Janet used for her cheer practice and I just made sure there were gym clothes inside when I grabbed it this morning. I wasn’t expecting to find panties in the bag. Were they clean? Who knows?

But after pulling her gym clothes out of the bag I realized I can’t wear this. The pants fit fine. But I was expecting something like a sweatshirt for the top. Only thing in the bag was a whats it called? Sports bra? Tank top. After I put it on, I couldn’t tug it down to cover my belly.

Coach called through the door. “Ronnie. What are you doing in there?”

“I… I… I can’t wear this, Coach!” I was mortified.

Coach Martin called through the door, “Let me look. Are you covered?”

I nodded uselessly. “Yes ma’am.”

Coach Martin entered the locker room and instantly placed her hand in front of her face to hide her giggle. I think my whole body turned red with embarrassment.

Coach Martin said, “Sorry. I didn’t mean to embarrass you. But honestly Ronnie. You look just fine. I’m sure you saw all the girls dressed just the way you are.”

I ran my hand down my flat sports bra to my belly. “It looks weird showing my stomach and I have nothing on top.”

Coach held her chin. “You are a bit underdeveloped. Normally I’d tell a girl to give it more time. But I don’t think we have that much time.” She stepped up and placed a hand on my shoulder. “Look, Ronnie. When you’re being a cheerleader, you need to put being a boy out of your mind. Looking around this room, I don’t see any boys in here. What I do see is a skinny, pretty girl with a good build to be on my girls gymnastics team, to be honest. You’re not allowed to go topless. Except for being a bit short, you look just like every girl in the gym right now. And have you forgotten the cheerleader uniform is two-piece? Never be embarrassed to wear your uniform. Come on girl. Let’s hit those mats.” She turned and ran back to the gym.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a second. With new resolve, I ran into the gym.

As I entered the gym, Nova grinned and exclaimed, “About time you got here, girl! Line up. We have a lot of work to do!”

There wasn’t enough time for Coach to have said anything to the squad. None of the girls laughed at me. I was accepted. I was one of them. And it felt good.

*          *          *

About halfway through our practice, I guess the football team finished up early. One of them poked his head in the door and asked, “Hey. Okay if we watch?”

Coach Martin said, “Sure. As long as you’re quiet. If you cause a distraction, you’ll have to leave.”

Five boys entered the girls gym and sat on the one set of bleachers that had been pulled out from the wall. Two of the boys were talking and Jeff told them to hush.

Suddenly I was embarrassed again. Here I was, in my mind, half naked in front of a bunch of horny boys. My concern must have shown in my face as Coach walked over to me as I was doing some stretches.

“Ronnie. I need to talk to you,” Coach said in a soft voice.

“Yes ma’am.” I got off the floor and followed her to a corner of the room. I’m getting talked to a lot. I’m sure that’s not a good sign.

“Are you bothered by me letting those boys in here?” she asked directly.

“Yes, ma’am,” I said.

“Can you tell me why?” Coach asked, still using a soft voice.

I looked down at my feet. “Well, look at me, Coach! I’m posing as a half naked girl in front of five boys. Five boys! They were looking right at me. I know what’s going through their beady little brains!”

Coach folded her arms. “I’ll admit you have a unique perspective to the other girls, but I’m sure they have a good idea what those boys are thinking. So what do we do, Ronnie? If you can’t handle five boys in the girls gym while in a sports bra and workut pants, what are you going to do Friday when you’re on the floor of the field house in a skimpy top and a short, skimpy skirt in front of the whole varsity team and the student body? That’s what’s expected from you girls. Say the word and I’ll pull you off the team.”

Well shit. I’m pretty sure she means that. Am I saying I don’t even have the balls that the rest of the squad has? Intellectually I always understood that in order to be a cheerleader you have to be in front of people. And not just cheerleaders. Wow. You’re usually not aware of a defining moment in your life while it happens, but here I am. Am I a girl or a mouse?

I have been out on the field at the stadium before. I fell out of the stands, but still I remembered that it didn’t seem so scary in front of all those people when they’re far away.

I looked Coach straight in the eye, well she’s a bit taller, but I looked up at her and said in a clear voice, “I can do this, Coach.”

She looked at me with a slight smile. “Are you sure?”

I smiled back at her. “Yes ma’am! I’m sure.”

“Then get back on the mats, girl. Practice ends in about fifteen minutes.” She folded her arms as I trotted back to join the girls.

Nova looked at me curiously. “You okay, Ronnie?” she whispered.

I nodded. “I just had short lack of faith.”

Nova whispered back, “We all do. Don’t worry about it. You know, I think Jeff likes you.”

A sudden feeling of panic hit me again. “Why would you say that?” I whispered back to Nova.

Coach said, irritated, “Less talk, girls and more work. We only have a few minutes left.”

I glanced back over at the bleachers and the boys were gone. I heaved a sigh of relief and relaxed a bit. What happens to me when they remember I’m actually a boy?

*          *          *

“Are you done in there, Ronnie?” asked Coach through the door. “I have to lock up.”

I walked briskly out of the locker room. “I’m done. Thanks for the pep talk Coach. I think I’m good now.”

Coach grinned at me. “We all get stage fright at some point. I think you’ll do fine.”

I waved. “See you tomorrow.” I ran through the gym doors.

As I walked past the boys gym, I noticed that the boys that had watched us were in the gym shooting hoops. I heard Coach Stone shout “Wrap it up guys. You need to get home.”

Some one shouted, “Sure thing, coach!”

I had a sudden irresistible urge to take a leak. There was a restroom just before the exit. I decided to take it because I knew I’d probably never make it home. It’s an easy walk, but not with a full bladder.

I skipped past the two urinals and entered a stall and sat down like a good girl. Nova has insisted I always sit so I don’t give myself away when I am dressed as a girl.

I was almost finished when the restroom door slammed open and five raucous boys entered.

“Coach is going to ride our asses tomorrow for sure!” said one boy.

“Why did he shut down practice early anyway?” I recognized Jeff’s voice.

A third voice said, “I heard his wife wrecked their car.”

Jeff said, “Shit man. He’ll be taking that out on our hides tomorrow.”

Someone laughed. “Well, he can’t take it out on his wife’s hide.”

Another boy asked, “Is she okay?”

I could hear a couple of boys peeing in the urinals. Speaking into the wall, one of the boys said, “What I heard was that it was only a fender bender… the problem is that she borrowed Coach’s Shelby Cobra. He’s steamed.”

Someone said, “Oh, man!”

Another boy then said, “Hey Jeff. I saw you checking out that little blonde cheerleader.”

Jeff chuckled. “Yeah. Ain’t she something?”

One boy said, “That’s some prime jailbait right there, bud. I hear she’s only sixteen.”

Jeff said, “So? Who said I was going to fuck her? But isn’t she a junior?”

I wish I knew which ones were talking. A different boy said, “Yeah I think so. You don’t think she’s a bit of a tomboy?”

Jeff said, “I think she used to be. But did you see her ass?”

One boy said, “I really like that redhead. I bet she has some fire in her.” Nova has red hair.

Another boy laughed. “Dudes, I’d do anyone of those chicks. This is the best crop of cheerleaders we’ve had at this school in a while.”

I heard the restroom door being kicked open.

A boy said, “I don’t get it Jeff. I thought you only went for brunettes with long hair.”

Jeff said, “There’s just something about that little blonde that…” The door closed cutting off his comment.

Well shit.

*          *          *

To be continued…

up
299 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I really like Coach Martin. :)

She reminds me a bit of the coach I had when I took a semester of tumbling in high school. Even though there were only 2 boys in the class (well, I was presenting as a boy at the time, so...), she didn't treat us any differently from the girls. It was so nice being able to act in a way that felt normal while at school, without being made fun of by other kids, or "corrected" by a school staff member.

being one of the girls

"I was accepted. I was one of them. And it felt good."

that's a big moment!

DogSig.png

Sweet!

Emma Anne Tate's picture

Definite attitude change this time. Good work, Ronnie!

Emma

Still a long way to go

I suspect that the exposure issue not dead and buried. The first time on the field will be interesting.

Eventually Jeff will find out "the something about" the blonde. Not an easy thing to do but Ronnie really should be proactive on that score in order to minimize consequences for all concerned.

Great...

RachelMnM's picture

Conflict, but not as much headwater for Ronnie - shows maybe inside there's some realization to not fight. Enjoyable read!

XOXOXO

Rachel M. Moore...