The Rainbow Wars

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

The Rainbow War

by Melanie Brown
Copyright  © 2015 Melanie Brown

This Unicorn answered the call in a world without grit.


I trotted up to General Fluffbottom and after taking a moment to catch my breath, I said, “General! The butterflies are massing to the south. I don’t know if we can hold them off.” The wind caught my coal black mane and it waved defiantly.

The general frowned. He pointed his still razor sharp horn towards me and said, “That’s not what I wanted to hear, Lt. Lemondrop. Pull a regiment of Unicorn regulars to shore up our southern defenses.”

“Aye aye, general,” I said as I tried to salute with my broken horn. “It’s just we have no defense against those missiles, general! The men freak when they see those pink and violet streaks in the sky. It’s terrifying when they detonate! I can’t blame the men, sir. If they’re near the explosion of the pink, red and violet gas, they instantly become a girl unicorn. The maternity wards are filling up.”

Sounding furious, General Fluffbottom shouted, “Lieutenant! Talk like that loses wars! Now rally the Unicorns and move that regiment!”

“Aye aye, sir!” I snapped to.

Before I could leave, there was a deafening blast and suddenly all I could see was a pink haze.

 

*          *          *

 

Planet Rainbow was finally at peace. I idly nibbled on the scarlet and violet sward that covered these gentle rolling hills. I smiled as I watched my little foals…two fillies and 3 colts.

My oldest colt ran up to me and said, “Mom. Can I go play with my friend Gumdrop’s butterfly collection?”

I smiled and said, “Of course, dear. Be back before dark.” I stood there and watched him trot off with his friend.

 

*          *          *

 

The End

up
170 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I love Unicorns. Great

I love Unicorns. Great little story Melanie, thank you for it. Janice Lynn

Giggle

You made me giggle like a school girl.

Me thinks that her oldest colt will come back a filly.

What a lovely Story

I love this marvelously imaginative little story. Bring on the butterflies.
Thank you, Melanie

Joani

The Gestation Period of a Unicorn

There's so much we don't know about unicorns and this story's ambiguities adds to the wonder.

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

*giggles*

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

;))

In case there is any confusion,
I'm a flutterbye not a butterfly!

*giggles some more*
~Hypatia >i< ..:::

Yeah

applejack__flabbergasted__plz_by_rainbowyoshi305-d8hie3p.png
"Watch out Big Mac!"
bigmacintoshplz.png
"Nnnnope"
applejack__flabbergasted__plz_by_rainbowyoshi305-d8hie3p.png
"Now look what you done."
BigMac2.png
Can't help but think of MLP:FiM when reading about unicorns.
(by the way I do realize that those aren't unicorns... but the thought of Big Macintosh not caring that gender swapping butterflies are on the way is funny to me.)