Drag Queens - Part 4

Printer-friendly version

 

Drag Queens - Part 4
by Melanie Brown
Copyright  © 2022 Melanie Brown

 


 

*          *          *

Flying is awesome! I just sat there with my hands folded in my lap formed by my tight skirt and stared out the window. The sun was close to setting and below me the clouds looked like a sea of fire. Eric was sitting between Holly and me. Angie was in some row behind us.

Eric chuckled, “You’re going to get a crick in your neck if you stay in that position the whole trip.”

I looked over at Eric and frowned. “This may be old hat to you, but this is my first time! Um, to be in a plane.”

Holly frowned at me. “How did you rate getting a window seat? I’d like to see something too, you know.”

I pointed at Eric. “He said I could. And he represents Mr. Dog, as Mom would say.” Mom never would get it that Melvin’s Mad Dog wasn’t his name. I think she did it on purpose.

There was a noticeable attitude change to the aircraft. Eric asked, “Feel that? We’re making our descent.” There were a few big bumps as the plane flew through some turbulence. I took Eric’s hand and held it. Eric just grinned at me.

Holly leaned across Eric to punch my shoulder. “Oh stop, you big baby. You get turbulence in every flight practically.” The aircraft made a sudden drop before another bump of turbulence. She grabbed Eric’s other hand and held it tight.

Eric laughed. “Man, I could get used to this.” Holly frowned.

I sat up straight and let go of Eric’s hand. “You know I wasn’t scared, right? I just wasn’t expecting the ride to be so rough.”

Holly pointed at me. “You were scared like a little girl!”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re one to talk!”

Eric shook his head. “Girls, girls. Knock it off. People are looking at you. Nobody likes turbulence. We’ll be landing in a few minutes.” He then placed his hand on my knee.

I frowned at Eric. “Really?” I picked up his hand and moved it. He just grinned and shrugged. He then laid his hand on Holly’s knee.

Holly frowned at Eric and picked his hand up and moved it from her knee. “Hey, you’re Callie’s boyfriend, remember?”

I leaned across in front of Eric and exclaimed, “No he’s not! Well, only when it’s an emergency.”

The plane bumped again from turbulence. I grabbed Eric’s hand again. Eric grinned at me.

The pilot then announced we were approaching Oklahoma City and gave us weather conditions.

I leaned over and poked Holly. “Are we going to eat as soon as we land? I’m getting hungry.”

Holly shook her head. “Let’s get checked into the hotel first. I’m sure there’s something around the hotel to eat at.”

Eric looked over at Holly. “Is anything on the itinerary for tonight?”

Shaking her head, Holly said, “No. We just need to check into the hotel. But tomorrow is crazy. We should all hit the hay early.”

I was still holding Eric’s hand. “Let’s see. There’s a TV interview, then we pose for about an hour at a mall, pose at some auto parts place during lunch and then hand out trophies at a motocross. I hope we brought enough sunscreen!”

Holly said, “Don’t forget the sprint car race that evening! That is one full day!”

Eric chuckled as he looked back and forth at Holly and me. “Are you girls up for that? You’ve never had a day that full.”

Holly sighed heavily. “I sure hope so. This is just the start of us being the face of the southern race circuit.”

I grinned, “Not to mention posing for new cardboard images holding bottles of Pennzoil Motor Oil.”

Holly said, “That’s next week. We also have that magazine interview.”

I was going to say something, but the flight attendant started telling us to bring our seat back to a full upright position and put the tray table back up. I wanted to look out the window, but I closed my eyes and tightened my grip on Eric’s hand. I didn’t like the big bump when the plane touched down and I really didn’t like the roar of the engines during reverse thrust. When the engines quieted down and I heard belts getting unbuckled, I opened my eyes to see Eric grinning down at me. I discovered I’d been holding my breath as well. It was probably a mistake to have watched that show of plane crashes on YouTube all last week. I gave Eric an embarrassed smile.

We slowly made our way off the plane and then everyone was walking quickly down the little tunnel to the lobby. Signs directed us to the baggage claim. Eric laughed when he picked up his solitary overnight bag while Holly, Angie and me all struggled with two large suitcases each.

I frowned at Eric. “You don’t have make-up and three changes of clothes. Not to mention our boots.”

Eric raised his hands defensively. “Did I say anything?”

Still frowning, I said, “You laughed.”

Eric rolled his eyes. “I laughed? Oh, the humanity! Can you ever forgive me?”

I frowned deeper and said, “No.”

*          *          *

“Hhmmph?”

Someone shook my shoulder. Holly said, “You need to wake up, Callie. The TV station is going to pick us up in about two hours.”

“Go away.” I mumbled as I rolled over. Since we’re siblings, Holly really didn’t have a problem with us sharing a room. But sharing a bed was a bridge too far. And I agreed. I’m not a girl after all, though I’m about to play one on TV.

The covers were jerked from covering me and my butt was slapped. Holly raised her voice. “Get up, Goofus! You’re taking your shower first so you don’t fall back asleep while I’m taking mine! Now get up!”

I raised myself up on one arm and looked at the hotel room window. “It’s still dark outside!”

Holly tugged on my arm. “We only have about two hours to get ready. It takes you that long to put on your make-up! Get the lead out!”

I sat up in the bed and rubbed my eyes. “Okay, okay. Sheesh.” I ran my fingers through my hair. While it’s gotten longer since I started this craziness, it still wasn’t anywhere near as long as Holly’s. I chuckled when I looked at Holly. “Your hair has that freshly fucked look. You should go with that for today.”

Scowling, Holly growled, “Just go take a shower so I can get ready!”

In the bathroom, I let my nightgown drop to the floor. I turned the water on and adjusted the temperature. I stepped in the tub and made sure the curtain was inside the tub. I just stood there for a few minutes feeling numb as the warm water hit my face. This was just too early. I had shaved my legs and pits before we left. I hoped that was good enough.

After a few minutes, I stepped out of the bathroom, a towel around my head and another around my body even though I don’t have boobs. I said, “Your turn.” Holly didn’t reply. She had fallen back asleep.

*          *          *

I was leaning into the mirror to check my lipstick when Holly put down the receiver for the room phone. “The lobby says our ride is here. Put your robe on and let’s go.”

I frowned at the silky robe Mel had provided us so we could cover up when doing things like walking through a hotel lobby. Emblazoned across the back of the robes were the words “Melvin’s Mad Dog Racing” in a garish red and gold. I did like how my oversized hoop earrings looked against my hair.

“I think we’d get less attention if we just wore our bras and panties,” I said frowning at the robe folded on my bed. The robes were almost as short as the dresses we wore underneath them.

“Yes, they’re ugly,” agreed Holly. “To Mel we’re just walking billboards. Just put it on, grab your purse and let’s go.”

Under the robes we wore our trademark red and black micro dresses that just said “Mel’s” on the back. We wore black four inch pumps instead of our white go-go boots. We’ll change into those later when we changed dresses to hand out trophies at the motocross. I liked the way our legs looked wearing the shiny hose.

When we stepped out of the elevator, every man in the lobby turned to gawk at us as we strutted across the room. At seven in the morning there weren’t a lot of men, but we had the attention of every one of them. Including the staff. Their wives weren’t thrilled to see us though. I admit I really did love the attention.

Eric and Angie were already waiting outside the hotel. The van for the TV station was parked by the curb and a camera operator was out on the sidewalk getting a shot of us approaching their van. A station representative was standing outside the van. She extended her hand to us as we approached.

“Welcome, ladies,” the rep said brightly. “Thank you for coming. I’m Gladys O’Conner. I hope you had a good flight up here.”

Smiling, Holly took the offered hand and shook it. “Thank you Ms. O’Conner! We had a great flight up here. We’re very happy to be here.”

Holding a microphone up to her face, the rep said, “Today we’re welcoming two ladies bringing fashion and glamour to the world of racing, mixing a little bit of perfume with the high octane fuel.” She cut the video and motioned for Holly and me, as well as Eric and Angie to get into the van and ride over to the TV station.

As we walked into the studio, O’Conner pointed at two chairs and said, “Take a seat, ladies. Now, this isn’t going out live. We’re going to record it and edit it for later for our six and ten o’clock newscast.”

After we sat down, O’Conner stood on an X marked with tape on the floor and faced a TV camera.

O’Conner smiled and said, “Evening everyone. Tonight’s special guests are two lovely young ladies who, if you’ve been to an auto parts store lately, you have seen their image advertising various products. Let’s welcome Holly and Callie!”

Her smile faded as she stepped off her mark and said, “Okay. Swing that camera to point at the girls.” She moved a chair near to where we were sitting and continued, “And then focus camera two on this chair. Let me sit so you can adjust it.” She looked up. “Okay guys. You ready?”

Holly and I had removed our robes and were sitting on a pair of hard plastic chairs and wearing our very short and very tight dresses. Holly sat with her legs sexily crossed in a way I wish I could. I did have those bit a girl shouldn’t have tightly packed away and out of view. I hoped. A light would come on to clue us which camera was active. There was also a director and a guy handling the boom mic.

O’Conner smiled when the light became lit on the camera facing her. “Welcome back everyone. I’d like to introduce everyone to Holly…” Holly waved when our camera lit up. “… and Callie.” It was my turn to wave.

Still smiling, O’Conner said, “The girls have a very busy day planned. This morning at ten, you can see them at the mall visiting the Speedway Museum’s display of racing cars and then at one PM, they’ll be out at Big Al’s Moto Arena for the motocross championship where they’ll be presenting the winner with their trophy. And if that’s not enough high RPM action for you, Holly and Callie will also appear at Big Al’s Quartermile Extravaganza’s Sprint Car Championships, starting at six PM. Sounds like a full day, girls.”

Holly laughed. “It sure does Gladys. Maybe we should have worn sensible shoes!” Gladys chuckled.

Attempting to look interested in the question, Gladys leaned forward and asked, “So tell me. How did you girls get involved in this world of racing?”

Holly looked thoughtful for a moment and then said, “I answered an ad for a model and trophy presenter at Melvin’s Mad dog Race Arena along with several other girls. After an interview, me and well, another girl were selected.”

Interrupting, Gladys asked, “Was the other girl Callie?”

Holly shook her head. “Oh no. It was a different girl. But after a few weeks she wasn’t able to do it any longer. Callie and I were close friends and I recommended her to Mel. When Callie came on board, I don’t know. Things just clicked. We were suddenly a team and the fans loved it.” Close friends? Hah… she’s my sister. But we can’t say that.

Gladys said, “So Callie. You seemed to fit in right away. Did you have any prior modeling experience?”

I smiled big and said, “Actually it was all new to me.” Dressing like a tart for men to drool over was a totally new experience. Of course I couldn’t say that. “But like Holly said, we just clicked as a team. We were suddenly in demand for many motorsport related events.”

Gladys leaned forward again and asked, “And how did you feel about that, Callie? Being objectified and put on display for the pleasure of men?”

Holy shit. That question wasn’t in the script. I hesitated for a few moments. Holly looked terrified that I was asked such a question. I said, “It took some getting used to. I never had that kind of attention before. But I quickly came to enjoy it.”

Gladys said, “Are you saying you enjoy the catcalls and humiliation?”

I narrowed my eyes at Gladys. “Neither Holly or me think we’re being humiliated. We’re entertainers. It’d be kinda sad if Holly and I walked out there in front of the crowd and was greeted with silence. I mean, it’s fun for us to hear guys yell out asking for dates and marriage proposals. Even some of the ladies at the track yell out marriage proposals. Everyone’s having a good time. Everyone knows it’s in good fun.”

Gladys continued and asked, “What about those people who don’t consider it fun?” What the hell’s with this asshole? This was just supposed to be a promotion.

I chuckled and pointed at Eric who was out of the shot. “Then Eric tosses their butts out of the track and bans them. No one argues with Eric.” The camera panned over to Eric and he waved. Eric is a big guy.

Gladys smiled nervously. “I don’t suppose they do.” She turned to Holly. “So Holly. You feel this will lead you to a modeling career?” What the hell? I felt very uncomfortable and just wanted to leave.

Ten minutes later, the interview ended and Gladys thanked us for coming on. We caught an Uber from the studio to the mall.

*          *          *

I watched the Uber car drive away as all four of us stood at the Quail Springs Mall entrance.

“Shouldn’t we get a limo or something?” I asked in a slightly whiny voice. “I mean, we’re the VIPs right?”

Angie chuckled. “You’re eye candy, not a movie star.”

Holly folded her arms and looked pissed. “I just hope we don’t have another interview like that one. Wasn’t expecting that.”

Angie squinted in the bright morning sunlight. “Let’s go ahead get inside. We’re supposed to meet with Big Al.”

As we started to walk into the mall, Eric curiously took my hand. He didn’t say anything. We just fell in behind Holly and Angie. I probably should have pulled my hand away, but I did feel more at ease at being in an unfamiliar place. As we started to garner stares walking through mall, I found that I tightened my grip on Eric’s hand.

We got the usual sappy grins from the men. From women, we got both curious as well as disapproving looks. One woman actually covered her kid’s eyes and said, “Don’t look, Tommy.” It’s not like we were naked or anything.

Just a minute or two of walking brought to an area where several racing cars were on display along with a banner hanging from the ceiling announcing “Big Al’s Racing Museum.” Standing next to one of the race cars was a grinning man in cowboy boots and a black, ten gallon Stetson. He beckoned to us with a wave.

Beaming, the man stepped up to us. “Ladies! Welcome, welcome! I’m ‘Big Al’ and we’re all thrilled to have such beautiful ladies officiate at our events today.” Big Al shook Holly’s hand by just holding her fingers. Eric let go of my hand so Big Al could shake it. It was obvious that Big Al could have crushed my hand if he’d wanted to. He said our names as he took our hands. Angie got the same handshake though she had to introduce herself. But for Eric, he gave a solid, bone crushing handshake. He said, “And who is this fine looking young man?”

Holly smirked and said, “That’s Eric. He’s Callie’s boyfriend.”

Eric stepped close behind me and put his arms around my waist. He rested his chin on the top of my head and grinned. “Yep. This little girl is all mine!” Holly chuckled.

I pulled his hands away from me and said, “Down, boy.”

Laughing, Eric patted my butt and whispered, “Just playing with you.”

Holly pointed at Angie and said, “And Angie is here to represent Mel and to keep us on track.”

Smile fading, Big Al said, “Okay ladies. Let’s get down to business. I need you to pose near these cars so we can get some promotional pictures. We’re also going to get a live video of me talking with you girls to promote the races today.”

A guy standing behind Big Al, holding a camera said, “Live feed coming up in ten minutes. We’re all set.”

Holly and I moved close to a NASCAR car and posed for a few pictures. Big Al said, “The video feed is about to start. Can one of you get in the drivers seat”

I looked at the side of the car. “There’s no door.”

Big Al chuckled. “You’ll have to slide in through the window.”

I looked around the room and then waved at Eric. “Hey Eric, can you give me a hand getting inside, please?”

Eric grinned. “No problem!” He walked over to me, picked me up as if I weighed nothing and helped me slide my legs in through the window. I ignored the tingle I felt when he lifted me up.

It felt like I was sitting too low. We didn’t bother with the belts. Big Al made sure none of the webbing inside hid me from view. I was surprised by all the instruments in the cockpit. That seemed a more appropriate word than merely “driver’s seat”. They handed me a card with the line I was supposed to say. I quickly memorized it.

The camera guy said, “Five seconds…” Big Al switched on his artificial smile and stood between Holly and me inside the car. The camera guy pointed at Al.

Grinning, Big Al said, “Greetings race fans! I’m Big Al here today at the Quail Springs Mall with the beautiful and sexy Pennzoil girls, Holly and Callie.” He stepped next to Holly. “So, Holly, tell the fans why you’re in Oklahoma City today.”

If she was being honest, Holly should have said, “We’re here to entice horny men to come stand in the hot sun and dirt all day at your track.” Instead, she said, “Well, Al, Callie and I are here to catch all the exciting motocross action today at the famous Big Al’s Racing Arena.”

Big Al prompted, “And you’ll be handing out the trophies to the winners along with something extra special?”

Flashing a big smile, Holly said, “That’s right Al. Each winner today will also receive a kiss from Callie and me.” I grinned at the camera thinking just don’t expect a kiss on the lips.

Al grinned, “A little extra incentive to win. I might get my bike out to race.” He laughed. “Track opens today at eleven AM. We start this year’s motocross championship, so come out to see all the biggest names in motocross!”

Still grinning, Holly said, “And, come see Callie and me!”

Big Al, pointed at me and said, “And let’s don’t forget the stunningly gorgeous Callie!” The camera panned over to me sitting in the NASCAR race car.

I smiled and said, “And race fans, don’t forget to come see Holly and me tonight for Big Al’s Quarter Mile Sprint car blowout! See you there!”

The camera guy said, “And we’re done.”

I looked over at Eric. “Can you help me out?”

As Eric walked over towards me, Holly pointed at me and asked, “Why is she ‘stunning’?”

As Eric carefully extracted me through the window of the car, he said, “I think she’s stunning.” He kept his arm around me after setting me down.

Looking actually pissed, Holly said, “I can’t be stunning?”

Shaking his head in annoyance, Big Al said, “I’ll introduce you as stunning at the track. How’s that?”

Holly said, “I guess that’s okay.”

Big Al said, “Now that that’s settled, we have a half hour to get more pictures of you girls around these cars and then a van will take us to lunch at one of our sponsors, Rosita’s Mexican Cantina. From there we’ll head to the track.”

For more pictures, Eric helped Holly into a Formula One car. I just sat on the hood of the sprint car. We posed for half an hour around the cars, and one with us holding up heavy bottles of motor oil. And of course one with Big Al along with one having us giving Big Al a kiss on the cheek.

Finally, Al informed us that the van to take us all to lunch had arrived. His video crew quickly packed all their equipment. Al was going to want pictures while we ate lunch. A couple of his employees stayed behind to keep an eye on the cars on display

Holly frowned slightly when she noticed Eric taking my hand and leading me through the mall to the waiting van. I looked over at her and shrugged but she still looked annoyed.

Big Al told us we could order whatever we wanted from the limited menu he handed us when we got into the van.

I sat next to Holly as Eric and Angie got into the seat behind us. I poked her and whispered, “You seem to have a bug up your butt. What’s the deal?”

Holly folded her arms and looked sternly at me. “Oh, like you don’t know.”

I shrugged. “I don’t know.”

Frowning, Holly said, “Oh like you’re not aware of flirting with every man within twenty feet of you? Look at me! I’m stunning! Oh Eric honey, can you help me? Hold my hand, Eric. Hmph.”

I just looked at Holly like she was nuts. “Did you hit your head or something this morning?” I asked. “I didn’t call myself stunning. I did need help getting into that car. Eric’s the only one allowed to touch us. And holding my hand was Eric’s idea, not mine.”

“You didn’t pull your hand back,” said Holly as she continued to be upset over nothing.

Scowling, I said, “Well excuse me all to hell and back. I wasn’t aware that Eric was your property.”

“It’s just that you’ve been flirting with him the whole trip,” exclaimed Holly. “You flirted on the plane. You flirted on the ride to the hotel and to the mall. You’re not even a girl, so just lay off.”

I leaned back in my seat and grunted. “You’re serious, aren’t you? For starters, keep it quiet about who and what I am. Don’t forget you announced to God and everyone that Eric is my boyfriend. I know he’s just a beard. So should you. I think Eric is just having some fun since he’s usually stuck in the background all the time.”

Continuing to frown, Holly said, “Just stop hogging Eric, okay?”

I laughed and pulled on a strand of her hair. “You’re jealous! That’s it, isn’t it? You’re jealous of Eric showing attention to me.” I laughed.

Holly looked down her nose at me. “Jealous of you? Don’t be crazy.”

I tapped Al on his shoulder and asked, “Do you have a plumber’s helper? I need to remove a huge bug from Holly’s butt.”

Eric leaned forward with his head over the seat. “Are you girls fighting again? Don’t you remember Mel telling you guys to behave?”

I pointed at Holly. “Tell her that. I was just minding my own business.”

From behind us, Angie said, “It takes two to tango. So shut up and grow up. Both of you.”

Big Al chuckled from the front passenger seat. “Women.”

Holly finally settled down by the time we got to the restaurant. We sat at a large table and Eric sat between Holly and me. Angie sat next to Big Al. The food was actually quite good. Eric kept an arm around Holly.

*          *          *

It was a warm, sunny day with no chance of rain in sight. Big Al was hoping for a muddy track.

We stood with Big Al on a low tower high enough to see most of the track. Eric also joined us along with a few race officials. The tower had a tent on the top to shield us from the sun. There was a pretty good sized crowd, not just around the tower, but scattered around the track.

Taking a microphone to the PA system, Big Al said, “Welcome everyone to Big Al’s Motocross Arena. We have some of the top national racers contending in the national championships. To cheer them on, we have with us today, the beautiful AND stunning Holly and Callie. You’ve seen them on TV and radio and today you can see them here! The winners not only receive a trophy, but a kiss from these sexy girls as well.”

A yell from the crowd went up as Holly and I waved to the crowd. We were both wearing our microdresses and white go-go boots. I was also wearing large, white hoop earrings while Holly’s earrings were red. We were both wearing red lipstick so we could leave very visible lip prints on the winner’s cheeks along with long red nails.

Big Al said, “I’m going to hand the mic over to Albert Johnson our race official. Let’s get these races started!” He passed the microphone over to Albert who along with a cowboy hat, sported dark glasses and headphones.

Albert said, “Thank you Big Al. It’s a beautiful day here at Big Al’s Motocross Area. Expect to see some great racing today. First moto today we have…” I kinda stopped listening.

Leaning on the tower’s railing next to Holly, I said, “Wow. This is a lot more people than Mel ever gets. And it’s hot.” I fanned my face with the palm of my hand.

Holly agreed. “It’s pretty warm for sure. Mel said he wants to start doing motocross races. He bought some land south of the drag strip.”

“That’s cool,” I said. I hope he puts in a BMX track as well. Remember when I used to race BMX? That was fun.”

From our vantage point in the tower, we could see most of the race. A couple of places were hidden by trees. But there were observers there even though cutting the course would have been difficult. The first race was the 100cc class and had mostly teens racing. The big competitors would be in the open class. The winner of the first race grinned from ear-to-ear when Holly and I kissed his cheeks and presented him with a trophy.

And that’s how the day was going for the most part. The day just got hotter and while the winners started to get a bit older, the men were still excited to get our kisses. While I have kissed many men’s and some women’s cheeks during my short career, I still really don’t like pressing my lips against a sweaty, unshaven face. What’s bad is when the man I’m about to kiss, deliberately turns his head so I kiss him full on the lips. And then holds me so I can’t back away. And today was no exception. It’s irrelevant if the guy is cute. A full on kiss is a bit too intimate. Even Holly, who’s hobby is kissing men, gets annoyed when a racer tricks her into a real kiss. For the racer, there’s no downside to doing it. No punishment, no cash fine, they don’t take their trophy away. They just get to kiss a pretty girl. Big Al, like Mel seem to view it as a good promotional photo opportunity. They both just shrug and remind us that it all pays the same.

Towards late afternoon, it was getting quite warm and Big Al had provided a large ice chest filled with water bottles and soda. We weren’t given the chance to take breaks. Al even brought us each a hotdog in the middle of the afternoon. It bugged the crap out of me to see dozens of phones lifted up to snap a picture when I put the hotdog in my mouth.

Holly and I were alone on the tower, not counting Albert. I said to Holly, “I really need to go to the little girl’s room.” Calling a porta-potty a little girl’s room is a stretch.

Holly turned from watching the racers get positioned for the next race and said, “Can you wait? There’s about an hour left.”

I shook my head. “I’m about to take a piss right here. I gotta go.”

Holly looked around. “You know we’re not allowed to leave the tower without an escort. I don’t see Eric or Angie anywhere.” A few months ago at this track, a different trophy girl was assaulted on her way back from using the restroom. So now Al requires an escort.

My eyes were crossing. “I can’t wait for that. I’m going.”

Holly said, “Okay. But be careful. If I see Eric, I’ll tell him where you are.”

I quickly got down from the tower and tried not to run. They had placed the potties a good distance from where the crowd was gathered.

I got the looks in my direction that I expected. There were some good natured catcalls and marriage proposals. I just waved and hurried on my way. When I arrived, there were lines of women standing outside the porta potties labeled “Women”. What the hell? These things are all the same. Several that were labeled “Men” showed to be unoccupied.

I opened the door of one labeled “Men”. The woman near me said, “You can’t go in there.”

I started to step in and asked, “Why not? They’re all the same.”

The woman laughed and said, “To hell with this.” She got out of the line and went to the one near me that was empty. Several women stepped out of their line. I think I started something,

I locked the door and looked down at the urine spattered seat with a recent skid mark. Attached to the wall was a small urinal attachment. I’m not supposed to do this, but what the hell. Nobody can see me. I pulled my skirt up and peed standing up. Holly would not approve. Oh well.

I made sure everything was put back snug in their place and smoothed out my skirt and stepped out. I got some stares from men. I just looked at them and shrugged.

The concession area was near the tower and I thought I’d get a snowcone. I stood there for a moment, but the line here was just too long. I can’t leave Holly alone up in the tower to take care of race winners. I frowned and turned away from the concessions.

Two young men stepped away from the line they were in and got in front of me. The tall one with dark hair said, “Hey babe. I know I got what you want.”

The blond guy patted the front of his pants. “No waiting here.”

I groaned and tried to step past them. “Seriously? You’re doing this here?”

The blond guy said, “Not here. We have a van. We know you want what we have. Babe, you’re hot.” Some people turned to look at us, but nobody tried to get these guys away from me.

The dark haired guy grinned, “Come on sexy. We didn’t win a race, but we still want a kiss.”

I kept walking to the tower. I was scared, but there were just too many people around for them to try to force me into something. As the dark haired guy got closer I could smell the beer.

The blond guy got close and tried to grab my arm. “Quit walking away. We know how to show sexy bitches like you a good time.” Oh yeah, Casanova. Calling me a bitch is a sure way to win me over. He touched my arm. I stepped backwards into something solid.

The tall, dark haired guy frowned and said, “Get lost. This is our bitch. Go get your own.”

I felt an arm go around my waist and I was pulled close to someone. I heard the voice of Eric. “That’s hilarious because Callie is my girl.”

I turned to look at him and shouted, “Eric! I’m so glad to see you!” Without thinking about what I was doing, I threw my arms around Eric’s neck, stood on my tiptoes and kissed him hard.

Eric stepped towards the dark haired guy. He said, “You were saying?”

The dark haired guy slapped the blond’s arm and said, “Benny, let’s get out of here.”

I buried my face into Eric’s chest and cried. I know it was unlikely those two men could have actually done anything, but it still scared me. I was shaking. “Eric, thank God you showed up.”

Eric continued to hold me. He said, “I’m glad I could help. You missed a race and we wondered where you were.”

Holly shouted down from the tower. “Are you okay, Callie?” When I nodded, she held up her phone and said, “I got a picture of them. A couple police officers are working security here and Al’s already called them. Now get your butt back up here!”

I looked at Eric. “Do you have a tissue? I got lipstick on you. I apologize about kissing you. It was just a gut reaction.”

Eric grinned. “No need to apologize, Callie. I’m just glad you’re safe. Let’s get back to the tower.”

Holly wasn’t sure she was mad because I’d left her alone to kiss one of the winners or glad I wasn’t harmed. She opted to give me a hug. She did smile knowingly when she saw the lipstick on Eric.

The rest of the race day went without issue. We kissed a lot of cheeks and a few lips. Eric wore my lipstick smudge like a badge of honor. The two men who tried to molest me got a ride down to the police station, but weren’t charged since they had done nothing physical. Al banned them for life from the track. At the end of the day, Big Al bought us and the crew dinner from some place called The Garage.

Holly and I were both beat and just wanted to go back to the hotel and sleep. But after we finished our burgers, Al carried us in golf carts over to the quarter mile track to kiss sprint car drivers. At least it was at night and a bit cooler.

*          *          *

Gritting her teeth, Holly slowly pulled her boots off. I was already down to my panties and bra numbly watching TV. We no longer cared if we saw each other in our underwear. We did draw the line at being naked.

Her boots finally off, Holly fell back on her bed. She glanced over at me and growled. “Next time girl, you wait for an escort. If I hadn’t looked over the rail from the tower and sent Eric down to rescue you, God knows what would have happened.”

I frowned. “Sis, I couldn’t wait any longer. I had to go. And I honestly doubt those two would have actually done anything. It was right there in broad daylight!”

Holly laughed. “Is that why Eric got that kiss to end all kisses?”

I sighed. “I admit I was scared. It was just a spontaneous thank you.”

Grinning, Holly asked, “Do you think he meant it when he told those guys you’re his girlfriend?”

Rolling my eyes, I said, “Don’t be stupid.”

Holly sat up and grunted. “Well, I’m tired of smelling like sweat, dirt and fuel. I’m going to hit the shower.”

As she made her way to the restroom, I looked about the room. “Hey. Do you know where my phone is? I promised Dad to text him before going to bed.”

Looking thoughtful for a moment before closing the bathroom door, Holly said, “Oh you know what? I bet it’s still in your purse in the backseat of the car.”

I nodded. “You’re probably right.”

It was dark and late and I didn’t want to get dressed. So still just in my bra and pnties, I just grabbed my robe and tied it off. I wasn’t going to bother with shoes. I grabbed the car key and the room card and left the room. Not meaning to, I accidently let the door slam shut. I rode the elevator down by myself. I ran on my tiptoes out the door towards our rental car.

At first I was worried because I couldn’t find my purse in either the front or back seat. I sighed with relief when I found it laying on the floor. I slowly backed out of the car, turned around and bumped into something.

I looked up and saw Eric being taller than me. He glared at me and folded his arms. “Callie, what are you doing out here in the dark, half naked?”

Holding up my purse, I said, “I forgot my purse. I just came out to get it. No big deal.”

His arms still folded, Eric said, “It’s not safe at night out here for a girl alone. Especially a half naked one. If you hadn’t slammed your door, I wouldn’t have known you had come out here. Always call me.”

I stood there, feeling like a child being scolded by my parents. “I’m sorry, Eric. It was late and I didn’t want to wake you up. I was only going to be a minute.”

Eric put his hands on my shoulders. “That’s why I’m here. This afternoon is never going to repeat. I’m never letting you out of my sight.” He smiled at me as he brushed a few wayward strands of my hair from my face. “I’m here for you, Callie. Remember that.”

I nodded and then glanced at my bare feet. “I’ll remember. And thanks again for being my knight in shining armor today. I was very scared.”

Eric lifted my face up with two fingers under my chin. Grinning, he said, “That’s me. Your knight in shining armor.”

He kept smiling at me as he ran his fingers through my hair. He gently slid his finger tips down my cheek. He then bent down towards my face. His lips parted. Oh my God! He isn’t doing this! Oh my God! He is. I parted my lips just as his touched mine. I closed my eyes and slid my arms around his neck. I moaned as I melted into his kiss. We kissed in the dark, cool night air swirling around my legs and up my robe. I broke from his kiss long enough to sigh, “Oh, Eric!” and then we kissed into the night.

*          *          *

End of Part 4

up
137 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I only just caught up on this today

Robertlouis's picture

Couldn’t remember it from before and have read it in a sitting. Full of the usual Melanie Brown humour and snark and really enjoyable.

So glad that you’ve picked it up again Mel. You’re so prolific and busy with other stories we’re really lucky that you’ve returned to it. Thank you.

Rob x

☠️

“Oh, Eric!”

poor girl, she's got it bad!

DogSig.png

Just being snarky,

Valcyte's picture

But it’s about time you finished this. I’ve been waiting for five years for Callie to get her just desserts.
Can I help it if I’m jealous?

Welcome back!

Nearly five years is a long time away on a story. Missed the first three episodes so looped back to the beginning. The story continuity seems to have held together so kudos for that.

Callie needs to start listening to others or it’s going to go quite badly.

auto show memory

When I was a teenager my father took us to the NY International Auto Show. Most of the time I paid little attention to the models, who where much older than my 13 year old self. I do remember seeing a miss teenage something, and unlike the other smiling young women she looked like a scared teenager. I felt a bit sorry for her at the time.

Melanie, this is great!

Julia Miller's picture

I'm glad you decided to have another go at this story. Maybe you can get a novel out of it, since it's far from the end at this point. Our girl has settled in her new role so well, that her sister is now jealous of her and she keeps forgetting that she is not a girl. Keep going with this story, as it just keeps getting better. That Feminist TV interviewer cracked me up. These girls are Drag Queens, what does she expect their job to be, other than being eye candy and entertaining (in a decent way) the guys at the track. It's not Rocket Science. lol