Vampyre 2.

Printer-friendly version

Vampyre 2

Okay…it’s bee the most stressful week that I’ve had in a long time. The TG Witch knew me and she hasn’t really laid off of trying to find me. I think I might have wronged her in a past life or something.

I’m a Vampire, a real unlife blood dependent vampire so yes please trust me reincarnation is possible. Well for most people, I’ve got no idea really of what really happens when I eventually get ashed.

That kind of scares me, It scares me so much I get daymares. The witch isn’t helping with her laying booby traps for me all over the place. The honey and the holywater and the blood is interesting and not really that effective, I’m not sure that she’s doing that right. But it has been attracting things. Faeries like honey and holy water don’t mean a lick to them but the blood that’ll bring the dark fae out, blood and honey are two of their favourite things. I’ve watched from my hiding places a Bogharte and a Shike and a Fetch.
Bogharte’s are mostly thieves and tricksters, they’ll sneak into homes and steal fine metals and stones but they love to steal someone’s things and put them in someone elses belongings. They love it when it gets violent. Like when a druggies or a dealers stash gets stolen. The eat the mana given off the intense emotions and the death.

Him I snatch and stuff him in a goblin bag. That’s a heavy sack filled of rocksalt and bits of iron. Almost all fae are allergic to salt like I am holy water and garlic and iron, not steel shorts out their innate majiks. I grab him while he’s pigging out and stuff him in the goblin bag and beat him against the library steps like I’m doing my wash down by the river a hundred years ago.

This isn’t a big town but it’s big enough that one of them could cause a whole lot of shit. I had visions of not just druggies losing it but gamblers losing money they needed either for their fix or to pay some bookie off. Numerous fights that could break up families on the edge of whatever they’re going through. People are very, very fragile. When I was locked away by the Templars and fed the lunatics, the addicts I saw they’re lives as I killed them…absorbed parts of them. None of them needed much to slip when they did fall. The last thing someone on the edge needs is a push.

If I just help some of them, if just one gets to have a happily ever after…

The Shike I don’t really mess with, he’s not really a threat. He kills and eats peoples pets. Not feral ones but ones left loose. If you have a cage, or a closed fence, or a gated yard they can’t hurt your pets. Also they won’t attack a fully grown or large sized dog. They’re deathly afraid of dogs and geese. They feed off the invested love, that mana that’s part of the pet and that animals love of it’s owners and home.

I know I’m a bitch for not killing it but they keep down strays and they also report to the unfeelie court as scouts. Our two kinds generally will have little to do with each other but there is alliances and I’d rather just stay under the radar. Besides as bad as it sounds, they keep the number of strays down. Lesson here…please, please lock your gates, keep and eye on your furkids.

I have three cats, I take very good care of them and they take very good care of me. It’d hurt if they died like that. I’d probably cry for days… I can never have children…not really…and I’ve regretted every Siring I’ve ever made. I’ve spawned eleven other vampires over the years only three of them still exist. All three of them are psychopaths.

There is nothing romantic about being lonely, and tortured. Being isolated from the world because it isn’t safe…for you or for them. How can you even have a relationship, when all it might take is a paper cut for me to fall off the wagon.

The Fetch I kill outright and by ambush. A shotgun full of the stuff from the goblin bag. You can’t take chances with a fetch. It works as an agent of darkness, it’s the proverbial black cat. You know the stories of those cats that kill kids by stealing their breath. That’s a fetch, they’re also majik trained, or savvy. They’re often used as familiars, they get along well with necromancers and the unliving as well. But they also work for demons.
Yeah they’re dangerous, really dangerous but to me it’s more than that. They kill children in their sleep and in the last century, homeless people too. Sometimes a heart attack or an overdose just isn’t.

So I sat and waited until in was engrossed in licking out that baby food jar and I moved in mana boosted fast and blew the thing away. I saw it’s head whip around to stare at me and it’s eyes go from the cat green and yellow to the mixture of yellow and red with slits that started to glow.

I go to AA sometimes and I think this thing killed her baby…she had her two year chip and had a lovely baby girl and then her baby died. They called it SIDS but her boyfriends parents blamed her for drinking again and had the cops involved. She wasn’t but she is now. Just shoved over that edge.

There are sometimes I can perfectly remember just why I hated humanity so much that I reveled in the way that I used to be.

…..But I got away from what I was talking about there didn’t I? Yeah, the traps, she’s done some kind of spells where I’ll step on some ground and it’s like I stepped on thumbtacks. Then there’s something that had been painted on the handle of the back door for the free clinic. It hurts like a sonofabitch and gave me a bitch of a rash, I’ve got another patch of it on my left leg from the stuff being painted on one of the seats at the movie theatre. Yeah, We like movies, and going to the theatre like in that dumb assed movie Interview with a Vampire.

So lately I’ve been staying home or just keeping to my car if I go anywhere. But lately it’s just been extra shitty. The burns keep me from going to work because until they heal they look too bad for me to go to work. They won’t want me to have that going on in the nursing home. I heal a lot slower now because I don’t feed on people other than the few who I have an agreement with at the home. I do visit. I take a little and pull their illness back which takes a lot of the power I get from feeding. This makes me Jones like a druggie, that cuts into my sleep and brings on the nightmares.

So I tip toe through my house in the daytime keeping clear of the sunshine and drink a lot of orange juice and sit behind my computer.
I might just have to have it out with this Wiccan or whatever and maybe scare her off. I really don’t want to do that I just want to be left alone really. I don’t even know what kind of allies she might or might not have. Covens can be very dangerous, she might even talk to a churchman which very well might lead the Templars here after me.

I’ll take a nice short tan before I let them take me again.

And just thinking about dying sets me off again right now. I’m so unsure about what comes after, is it worse? I have really bad daymares about the whole thing. I can feel the shadow in me. I can feel where that bite was taken out of the place that was the very thing that made me, me. It might have been centuries ago but part of me really grieves to be that messed up little boy who just wanted to be a girl. Oh yes I’m a female now because of what I wished for but the price was too high. Knowing what I know now it was far too high and I still don’t know what’ll happen when I fall.

I get away from my computer after looking up stuff on my kind and reading things from some of the TG websites and stuff that I could have identified with and step again through the patches of sunlight until I get to the basement. No, I don’t sleep down here I’ve got a nice bedroom. No my hands nearly better so I’ll be going to work tomorrow night so I’ve got laundry to do.

It’s funny that you never read about any of these vampires in the stories having to do the really normal things in life. I’m just like a lot of people. I’ve got laundry and a whole bunch of dishes to do and when the sun’s not going to burn me I really should dust then vaccum and scrub the floors. When you get into a depressive funk you or well I just kind of having that whole don’t give a shit and I let things slide.

Normally I’m a bit of a neat freak. I’m feeling better and it’s starting to bug me. That and my cats are giving me dirty looks.

By the time I’m done washing and drying everything and doing the dishes it’s time for me and the cats to eat and I make myself a steak. It’s barely cooked because I need the blood to really digest it but it’s just really good very expensive dry aged beef. I make a blood sauce to go with it, that’s got human blood in it from me taking some vials home from my donors at the nursing home. I beat it into a froth with a raw egg yolk and some melted and browned butter and some fried mushrooms, a human wouldn’t taste it and it’s not really safe considering it is human blood and everything. If I thought about it and felt the blood out I could taste Sadie’s liver cancer but I’m not. I just really need to just chill out and get my feet back under me.

I just sit down and eat my steak while my cats enjoy their canned crab. And I settle down on my couch to watch TV. I watch a lot of TV, most vampires do actually despite the trend for us to appear all gothic and stuff in fiction stories. I’m not a goth, I’ll never be goth and I’ll never get the fascination with it. I watch a lot of the Surgery channel and Discovery channel because I learn things, I sometimes will watch the history channel but sometimes I just get fed up with just how much that they don’t actually know or cover. I occasionally watch House because he actually can be funny. I look like a teenager and so I watch a lot of teenaged drama shows and stuff like the video channels. It helps me pass as fairly normal and passing is important.

I watch the TV for a few hours until after the news is over, I napped a bit on the couch then decide that I should get out. I know I might run into the Witch and it makes me nervous a little but I just need to get out and to clear my head. I don’t have to be at work until tomorrow night so.

I grab my kitbag from my closet and lock up the house and head off to the YWCA.

***
Corde Vista, Ecuador….

It was quiet.

He watched the jungle from the cultured stone patio of the great villa he had built here over two hundred years ago when the humans had found the veins of emeralds and began to come in earnest to try to make a living and much more commonly to make it rich off the bounty of the land.

The wind stirred his hair but also carried to succulent scents of fear and of blood…there was movement his ages honed senses could detect and it told the story of the hunt that was going on in the jungle forest on his property. Soon, soon it’d be time to revel tonight with the blood hot from the chase and the threat of death so high in their systems the thought they’d have of finding sanctuary here at his home would mix the adrenaline and the sudden rush of endorphines together…

Many wouldn’t be able to wait but he was old and he was patient.

Instead he watched and savored the complex smoke of his tightly rolled cigar and sipped his 68 pinot noir just lovely cut with the fresh blood of the seventeen year old virgin that dozed in the death sleep of her translation on his divan behind him.

It wasn’t a long wait. The four red cross volunteers came running from the jungle screaming and beating at the doors to be let in, to be saved to be given one desperate chance to live.

He signaled the slaves to open the doors and they came rushing inside turning to bolt and bar the doors. The slaves moved out of their way and let them do as they pleased. He moved inside and descended the stairs releasing essence through his body, He became magnetic charismatic. He adjusted the preacher cut collar of his jacket and smiled down at them benevolently.

“Bonjour My children, fear not your ordeal is over, it is okay my friends be welcome in my humble home. I am Michel.”

They seen him as a savior and he spun a tale of savages and of drugs and lulled them with his glamour and hot drinks and fine wine and good food. It was far too late by the time they realized that the bevy of finely dressed young men and women from all over the world weren’t students here, that this wasn’t a hostel.

Michel dropped the young lovely doctor into the awaiting arms of three of his children for them to finish. It was a shame, such a shame his Alicia would have loved this game…he missed her, her savage glee at bloodshed she was his finest killer, and the power that was passed to him from her kills was both sweet and plentiful.

It was disturbing, she had been taken by the Templar knights and yet she had not been killed. Then her flow had just stopped…He hadn’t felt her die…He missed his bloody little angel.

He must get in contact with the trackers he had sent. He desired word, he desired her back into his fold.

up
144 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Very interesting!

I liked the way that the story reflected a bit of the the last Evanescence chapter. The interplay was cool. I definitely want more!

Wren

Clever...

...the way you put everything together here. Loved the basement trip, and the distinctions between the dark fae.

Eric

nicely done!

You expanded our view of your world in a clever fun way. I agree with the others about the dark fae thing. That was cool! The misunderstanding intactions between the two different viewpoints was very good too.

The last paragraph was perfect in setting up more conflict to come.

Hugs!
Grover

Alicia

Appears to be a different kind of Vampire these days. One who cares about people as something other than a food source. There is trouble on the horizon for her beyond 'the witch' that is messing with her, isn't there? Maybe a meeting is in order about now just to ease the local hostilities?

She does work to keep the town safe from other dangers as shown by what she did with the Fae, so maybe that would give her a boost with things? And it's clear that she's going to need help in the near future, and have help to offer in return.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Maggie

Mmm...

Extravagance's picture

This Vampire chick treats her cats well. = )

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Yes and she loves them very much.

Not canned crab all the time it wouldn't be good for them but she does spoil her fur kids.
*Snuggles and scratches.*

Bailey Summers