The Past Comes Knocking Part 24

Printer-friendly version

While girls were talking in the front part of the restaurant. Archie, Mark, and Ralph were making drinks at the back of the restaurant. The restaurant didn’t have a bar, but a section where all the liquor Amelia sold was kept.

Ralph looks at Mark “So, how did you and Aylin meet?”

“We meet at the statue of Alice in Wonderland in Central Park. She has a thing for the stories of Alice, especially the Mad Hatter.”

“I always wonder why Aylin chose the Mad Hatter to model herself after.” Archie looks at Mark for an explanation.

Mark takes a sip from his glass of Bourbon. It wasn’t the brand he would have chosen for himself, but it was still good.

“It’s because she could relate to the character. The stories of Alice were all she ever had to get her through the terrible ordeal she had to live through. When the doctor who experimented on your sister let the other patients under his care watch television. She watched a movie about
Alice and fell in love with the version of the Hatter, Johnny Dep played. From that moment on, her subconscious started developing that character in her head and when things got to be too much for her. The Hatter would surface to protect her mind. The day she escaped from the mental hospital; the Hatter was presence.” Mark had to figure out some of what he said on his own.

Sometimes when they were sleeping, the Hatter would surface and realize that he was there. The first time it happened, it startled him, but later he accepted it.

“Okay, how come she is so normal, now?”

Ralph has been quiet, while he listened to Archie and Mark. It seemed that there was a lot about his wife’s past that even he didn’t know much of.

“Because she has had a lot of people helping her. Aylin has changed and the Hatter persona has merged with her normal personality.” Mark has noticed the merger himself.

“Do you and Aylin have any children, Mark?” Ralph looks at Mark and sips his drink.

“We have four children. Our oldest is sixteen years old. How about you?” Mark was curious.

“Wait a minute. You and Aylin have four kids?” Archie looks at Mark for clarification.

“Yeah, our oldest is Bree and she is sixteen years old. Your sister adopted her when she was ten years old. Then there is Hollace and little Mark, who our of our blood, and Julie who we adopted. She’s a year older than Hollace.”

“How old is your son?” Ralph was curious.

“Almost a year old.”

“So, I have nieces and nephews?” Archie looks at Mark.

“Yep, you do. I thought since you have been to my house. You would have met them.”

“I think I met your oldest daughter, but not the others,” Archie remembers meeting the young girl.

“How about you? Do you and Amelia have children?” Mark was curious about Ralph and Aylin’s twin sister.

“We have twin girls that are fifteen years old.”

“I bet that is a challenge?” Mark knew he would be confused if they had twins.

“It is. The girls like to play pranks on us. Except, Amelia knows which child is which.” Ralph knew his wife knew which girl was which when they tried to get away with confusing them.

“That has to be weird. Oh, one more thing, Archie. You have an adopted sister. Aylin adopted one of our teammates as her sister.”

“I have another sister?” Archie didn’t know that was possible.

“Yep, Aylin adopted a young woman by the name of Jamie Hester. She’s a member of our group and your sister’s sister. The two of them when they are doing things together and unbelievable.” Mark wanted to say more, but there were things they needed to keep secret for now.

“I’m going to have to meet her.” Archie takes another sip from his drink.

“I think we should head back out to the girls and see how things are.” Mark was wondering about the girls.

“I agree.” Ralph fixes a drink for his wife and for his mother-in-law.

All three men head towards the ladies with drinks in their hands.

***Sorry for the short chapter***
up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It was short

Samantha Heart's picture

However very enlightening into Arlin, the mad hatter & she & Marks family dynamic, what till Archie finds out he is related to royalty & meets the Montana Bounty clan. I doubt he will EVER meet the ENTIRE clan as they are so spread out & like Jack ALOT of adoptions along the way so there is a large family dynamic there as well lol.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.