The Past Comes Knocking Part 16

Printer-friendly version

Aylin’s Place the Next Day:
Mark had called Anika and informed her that he needed to take a week off for personal reasons. He didn’t go into details about it. She gave him the week he was asking for.

Usually, people at Eruption had to go through human services for their vacations and sick leave. However, he answered Anika since she was technically his boss, even though Harry Jones was Eruption’s security department head.

After notifying Anika that he wanted to take the week off for personal reasons, he knew she would want a full explanation. Afterward, they introduced Archie to Bree, Hollace, Julie, Mark Jr., and Sarah.

Later in the evening, Archie left and returned to his friends. He and Aylin discussed everything and reviewed the information Archie had left for her. Archie had told them that he had everything backed up on his laptop.

Since he stayed home, he took Bree, Hollace, and Julie to school. He looks at Aylin “So, what do you think of what your brother showed us, sweetie?”

Aylin looks at her husband and didn’t know how to answer him. She never knew she had a twin.

“I want to meet her, Mark. I want to meet my sister.” Aylin had tears leaking from her eyes.

Mark walks over to Aylin and wraps his arms around her. He holds her against his body and lets her cry. It was very rare when she showed her emotions. And not just the bad ones either.

“Do you want to bring the kids or just go ourselves?” Mark wanted to know if the kids should come with them.

“I don’t know.” Aylin didn’t want to put her children in danger.

“Look, let them come so they can meet your sister. I’m sure Charlotte wouldn’t mind watching them or assigning some agents to protect them.” Mark figures Aylin’s sister would like to meet her nieces and nephew.

“Let me think about it.” Aylin was protective of her children.

“No problem. I’ll get in touch with Shigeko and see what she can find out about your sister.” Mark pulls his cell phone out and dials Shigeko’s
number.

While Mark was talking to Shigeko, Aylin looks through the information again about her birth and wonder why her mother kept her, instead of her sister. Not that it matters, but why?

When Mark gets off the phone, he looks over towards Aylin and notices she was reading and looking over the paperwork that her brother brought them. He could tell she was curious about everything. While Aylin looks at all the information, Mark walks into the kitchen and fixes himself a cup of coffee.

After fixing himself some coffee. He fixes some tea for Aylin. She wasn’t a coffee drinker like he was. He fixes her, her favorite blend. She buys it from a tea shop owned by a local family they rescued from human traffickers.

He makes the tea just the way she likes it and carries it back into the living room where she was sitting. Just as Mark sets the teacup and saucer down on the living room table, the baby monitor goes off. Mark Jr. Was upstairs crying.

“I got him, Aylin. Enjoy your tea.” Mark heads upstairs to the nursery.

Aylin watches as her husband leaves to tend to their son. She picks up her tea and blows on it to cool it down some. She knew her husband made the tea the way she likes it. She takes a sip from the tea cup and enjoys the taste of it. It was her favorite blend and Mark did it justice.

While Aylin was enjoying her tea, she could hear her husband moving around in the nursery. A smile appears on her face when she hears her husband complain when he changes their sons’ stinky diapers. At least he didn’t have to worry about their son squirting him.

Why little boys do that she will never understand. She enjoys her tea while reading the information. She pulls her cell phone out and clicks on an app on her phone that she uses to scan documents and scan a few of the documents in the file.

Mark finishes up with their son and carries him downstairs with him. He knew Jr. liked being around his parents. When he walks into the living room, he spots Aylin scanning a few of the documents in the file.

“Someone was missing Mommy.” Mark walks over to Aylin with their son.

Aylin looks up at Mak as he carried their son over to her. She holds her hands out for him.

“Mommy wants to hold you.” Mark hands little Mark to Aylin. He knew that Aylin loved their son a lot.

Aylin accepts Mark Jr. from her husband and smiles as soon as her arms cradle him. She looks down into his green eyes and smiles. “Hey, sleepy head.”

A smile appears on Mark’s face as he watches Aylin hold their son. He had his mother’s looks, but some of his features. After his birth, it hit Aylin hard that she couldn’t have any more children unless they used a surrogate. Which, they knew Jamine would do for them.

Aylin holds her son while his breasts feed from her. She has gotten used to him feeding from her, while she does something else.

“I’m going to call Countess Basset and see if she would watch the kids while we are in England.”

“Okay.”

Mark walks away from Aylin and calls the countess. While Mark is on the phone, Aylin breastfeeds their son. She noticed that her twin sister had daughters of her own and that they were a little older than Bree and were twins as well.

Thames House, London, England:
Countess Basset was about to leave her office when her cell phone starts ringing. She looks at the id and saw that it was Mark from America. She wonders what he wants. She presses accept “Hello Mark, what can I do for you?”

“Hello, Charlotte. I have a favor to ask from you.”

“Oh? Would this have something to do with Aylin’s sister?” She had been surprised when Mouse showed her the drawing.

“How did you know about that?” Mark was surprised that Charlotte already knew about Aylin’s sister.

“My daughter Zoey.” Charlotte knew she could trust Mark and Aylin. They had helped Mouse in apprehending the people after her.

“Oh!”

“So, what can I do for you, Mark?” Charlotte was curious why Mark was calling her.

“Aylin and I are thinking about visiting Aylin’s sister and we want to bring the kids. However, we want to check things out first, before we bring the kids to meet her.”

“And you want to know if I’ll watch the kids while you do that?” Charlotte could see where the conversation was heading.

“Yes.”

“I think I can help you. When are you guys thinking about coming to England?”

“Sometime this week. Aylin’s half-brother is over here right now and that’s how we found out that Aylin had a twin sister.”

“Let me know when you are coming, so I can arrange things for you.”

“Thanks, Charlotte.”

“You’re welcome, now tell me more about Aylin’s brother and how did he track you guys down.” Charlotte wanted to know more about Aylin’s brother Archie.

Mark starts telling Charlotte about what they learned from Archie and how he tracked them down. He tells her that they have all the paperwork to prove everything. He gives Charlotte the phone number to Archie’s cell phone so she could have Mouse access his cell phone. He knew what Mouse could do.

“Send me what you have so far proving Aylin has a twin sister over here and I’ll have a couple of agents check her out.” Charlotte was going to double-check everything.

“Alright, I’ll send the information to you after I get off the phone.”

“Okay. Mark, how did Aylin accept the news, that she has a twin?”

“She couldn’t believe it at first. However, when he started showing her evidence that she had a twin sister. She softened her stance and wants to meet the woman.”

“Alright. Send me what you got and I’ll check it out.”

“Thanks, Charlotte.”

Mark says goodbye and heads back into the living room.

up
106 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Now it's getting intresting

Samantha Heart's picture

When the countess gets involved... Well it's family....

Love Samantha Renée Heart.