The Past Comes Knocking Part 6

Printer-friendly version

Amelia’s Place, St. Ives, Cornwall, England:
Amelia adjust her glasses as she looks through the scrapbook her mother had kept about her birth family. Her mother knew she would one day want to know about her birth family. A smile appears on her face as she looks at the pictures of her and her sister after they had been born.

She had done the same thing when her girls had been born. She had pictures of them after she gave birth. She reads the police report her mother had managed to get about the death of her birth mother. According to the police report, her twin sister had been the cause of their mother falling down the stairs and breaking her neck.

There was a report about the mental review that had been done on her sister. It said her sister suffered from schizophrenia and that she had been admitted to Topeka Lunatic Asylum. According to the obituary her mother clipped from a newspaper. Her twin sister had died from suicide.

According to the medical report done at the Asylum by Dr. Jakob Knepp. Her sister had managed to get her hands on some broken glass and cut the main vein in her wrist. According to the report, her sister had been eight years old when she died.

There was a newspaper clipping of her birth father getting remarried two years after her sister was declared dead. It seemed he didn’t waste any time having another child. According to the newspaper article. Her father and his new wife had a baby boy.

Ralph looks at his wife reading next to him. She was holding an old-style photo album.

“What are you looking at sweetie?” Ralph knew his wife liked reading in bed.

Amelia turns and looks at her husband “Some information my mother collected over the years about me. Remember when I told you about that woman that looked like me?”

“Yeah, did your mother know about her?” Ralph was curious about his wife’s past.

“Yes, but according to everything my mother has collected about me and her. She is supposed to be dead.”

“Dead?” Ralph had a puzzled look on his face.

“Yeah, according to my mother. My birth mother asked my mother to take me to protect me. It seemed that my birth father doesn’t like girls and thought I would be born a boy. So, to protect me, my birth mother asked my mother to raise me as her daughter.”

“Okay, but how does this relate to your sister and being dead?” Ralph was curious about that.

“Well, according to a police report about my birth mother. She fell down a flight of stairs and broke her neck. Our birth father said that my sister was the one responsible for our mother falling down the stairs. When the police went to question her, she started yelling and attacking them. When a mental evaluation was done on her, the doctor who did the evaluation said my sister was suffering from schizophrenia. Later on, when she was eight years old, she committed suicide while in the mental hospital.”

“Man, that is weird. Was it proven she was dead?” Ralph was curious.

“That’s the thing. There was a funeral for my sister and there was a young child in the coffin, but my mother doesn’t have a picture. So, there is no way to tell if it was her or not.”

“But the doctor or mortician would have to verify that it was your sister.”

“The mortician at the mental hospital she was in verified that it was her.” Amelia couldn’t believe her adopted mother kept newspaper clippings of everything.

“I also discovered that I have a half-brother as well. He was born two years after my twin was declared dead.”

“Is your father still around?” Ralph wonders if Amelia should talk with him.

“No, someone by the name of Hatter killed him in front of my brother and his mother.” Amelia had come across a news article about her father being killed by a notorious killer that went by the name of Hatter.

According to the article, she was responsible for four murders between the years of 2010 to 2012. No one knew who the Hatter was or where she came from. There was a picture of the Hatter in the newspaper. You could tell that the person was a woman from her heavily made-up face.

As Amelia stares at the picture, she started noticing that the person looked like she would with makeup on. She reaches for her tablet and brings up a picture of herself. She starts coloring the picture like the person in the picture.

“No way.” She was shocked when she realized that it was her twin.

“What?” Ralph looks at his wife.

“I know who the Hatter is.” She couldn’t believe her twin killed their father.

“Who?” Ralph was curious about who the Hatter was.

“It was my twin sister.” Amelia couldn’t believe that her sister was alive.

“But you said she was dead.” Ralph was confused now.

“That’s what everyone believed. No one knows what happened.” Amelia wonders if should she get in touch with this Aylin Jagger person in New York and confront her.

She closes the photo album and put it on her night stand, along with her glasses, tablet, and cellphone. she turns her lamp off and lay down. While she is sleeping, she thinks about going to New York and seeing if Aylin Jagger is really her twin.

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Lot of Rough Spots in those Girls Lives

BarbieLee's picture

There is a bond between twins that lasts the ages. They shared the same womb and the closeness unique to only twins. Stories abound of twins separated at birth, forty or fifty years later find each other and the bond is still just as strong.
Hugs LadyDragon
Barb
Time can't erase everyone's past

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Hatter IS her twin sister

Samantha Heart's picture

And when Amelia learns the truth about what happened to Hatter what drove her mad, and what their father did I'm sure Amelia would do what Hatter did kill the HIM like he killed their mother. The other murders would be the good Dr & the guard who helped & raped her

Love Samantha Renée Heart.