Don’t Mess with The Wolfhart Family Part 7

Printer-friendly version

Sasha’s Apartment:
Dotty yawns as she gets up out of bed. It takes her mind a few seconds to remember where she is. She walks to the bathroom and does her morning business. Her mind was still waking up as she walks into the kitchen and brews herself a cup of coffee. She was surprised to find that Sasha had a varied selection of coffee.

She chooses the Hawaiian blend and starts brewing the coffee. While the coffee is brewing, she runs her hand over some scars from the bomb that had gone off and almost killed her. She was lucky that she had been at the edge of the blast area when it went off. She was still having nightmares about what happened.

Once the coffee was ready, she takes a sip of it. She wasn’t a sugar or creamer type of person. She was wearing one of Sasha’s nightshirts. She was smaller than Sasha and could wear her clothes without a problem. She notices that other clothes were being stored at the place. She figures some of them must be her niece Robyn’s or Sasha’s pupil Emily’s clothes.

She looks at the posters and photos Sasha had decorating the apartment. Most of them were of their mother and some of the shows she had done. Then there were the ones where Sasha was part of their mother’s act.

A smile appears on her face as she remembers the first time, she saw her mother perform. She thought her mother was just a doctor, but it turned out that their mother moonlighted as a stage magician. She was so in awe at the tricks her mother did and the death-defying escapes she managed to escape from, that she thought about following in her mother’s footsteps.

She did learn some tricks from her mother that has helped her in her career being a special agent. Between the skills, she learned from her mother and the training she got from her father. She has become one hell of a special agent. The CIA and DHS have tried recruiting her several times. Even the Secret Service has approached her.

She turns the television on as she enjoys her coffee. According to Sasha, there was a café nearby that had some of the best pastries around. She took Sasha’s old Mustang that use to belong to their great uncle. He left it to Sasha and left her the old chevy pick-up truck he used all the time.

She watches the news and walks back into the bedroom to get dressed. It has been fifteen years since she has been back in the states. Her parents knew why she hasn’t been home during those years. She did meet up with them at least three times a year in various countries.

Once she is dressed. She grabs the keys to the Mustang and some cash and heads down to the parking garage. She had to meet up with a friend of hers that came back from Syria with her.

Sasha’s and Susan’s Mansion:
Sasha was in her exercise clothing and downstairs in the gym punching the punching bag. She couldn’t sleep at all last night and was pissed that Adam Ludlum and Greg Hallaway were free. Adam Ludlum tried to kidnap Rose and killed her crew. Greg Hallaway hired five men that raped her older sister. Sure, her mother got revenge on them, but he was still responsible for what happened.

She punches the bag again and again. If she had Emily’s ability right now, the bag would be on fire. After a few minutes, Sasha stops. Her arms were feeling heavy, and her fist was hurting.

“Here you are.” Susan had woken up and didn’t find Sasha in bed with her.

Susan knew Sasha was pissed when she went to bed last night. She had been surprised when she woke up that Sasha’s side of the bed hadn’t been slept in at all. She didn’t know where Sasha had gone too and was concerned. When she looked around the house on the security monitor, she discovered Sasha down in the gym, punching the punching bag.

Sasha turns around when she hears Susan’s voice. She takes her gloves off and wipes her face with a towel. She walks over to Susan “I’m sorry, sweetie. I was too pissed to sleep last night.”

“I know, sweetie. I know what both men did to our family.” Susan had been informed about both men.

“I just don’t get how those mercs found that black site Ludlum had been taken too. Hell! I don’t even know where it is.” Sasha has helped to make sure most of the places her aunt owns are escape-proof.

“Sweetie, you know as well as I do. You can find anything with the right connections and large amounts of money. Nothing is truly secret anymore and with technology advancing like it is. It was only a matter of time before something like this occurred.” Susan walks over to Sasha and holds her.

“I know. I think sometimes, society would be better off with assholes like Ludlum and Hallaway being dead, instead of alive.”

“I agree with you, sweetie. However, that wasn’t how you were raised.” Susan knew Sasha only used lethal force if there isn’t any other choice.

Susan just holds Sasha in her arms and tries to calm her wife down. She agreed with Sasha that the two men that hurt her family should be dead instead of walking around. However, they needed to locate them first. She knew her aunt-in-law was putting everything she owned in locating these two men.

Sasha just lets Susan hold her for a while. She was thinking about contacting Mrs. Midnight and seeing if she could locate Ludlum and Hallaway. She figures she had contacts from her time as a DSS agent.

SWAT Headquarters:
Robyn was in the intelligence room using their system to try and locate Ludlum and Hallaway. She was running their images and every known associate through every database the LAPD had access to. So, far nothing was coming up. As she is waiting on another search she was doing. Sergeant Hawk comes walking into the room.

“Hi Hawk.” Robyn knew Hawk. He has been on the force since he left the military.

Hawk spots Robyn standing at one of the workstations. He knew she has been restricted to headquarters until the bruising she sustained was healed. He still couldn’t believe that she was only sixteen years old and was already working on SWAT.

Most teenagers her age were in high school and not interested in police work. He knew, she was a licensed special agent for some agency and performed card tricks in Las Vegas.

“What are you working on, Robyn?” He walks over to see what she was doing.

“I’m looking for two fatigues or any of their associates.” Robyn looks at Sergeant Hawk.

“What case is this related to?” Hawk watches as the computer system searches all databases, they had access to.

“To the guys that shot at me on the interstate.” Robyn looks at Hawk.

“You know, you’re not supposed to work on cases that you have a personal interest in.” Hawk looks at Robyn when he says that.

“According to SWAT and police guidelines.” Robyn looks at Sergeant Hawk.

“Which you agreed to, Robyn.” Hawk looks at Robyn.

“Sergeant, these men are very dangerous and need to be brought in. Mr. Hallaway sent men to rape my oldest aunt and Mr. Ludlam killed my mother’s roadie crew. And recently, I just found out that they had help escaping from a prison they had been sent to. The person who helped them escape the prison is responsible for the assassins that came after me.”

“How do you know that?” Hawk gives Robyn a suspicious look.

“One of my uncles is looking into the case.” Robyn had paid attention to everything her uncle told them last night.

“Then I suggest you let your uncle handle this matter, Robyn.”

Robyn watches as a negative result comes back on the search she did. She was only half paying attention to what Sergeant Hawk was saying.

“Looks like I have no choice.” Robyn hated that she couldn’t find anything.

Hawk could see that Robyn was frustrated with the results. He wonders who the men where she was looking for.

“Why did those men target your family?” Hawk was curious.

“Because of my mother. She stopped one from kidnapping my older sister and selling her into sexual slavery. The other one was hired for revenge against my mother. But, instead of getting my mother. His men got my aunt Janius and raped her.”

“You mean counselor, Wolfhart?” Sergeant Hawk knew about the counselor.

“Yes.”

“Did she file a police report?”

“No, we handle things in-house.” Robyn knew her adopted family handle things in-house.

“What do you mean, you handle things in the house?”

“The company I work for has the authorization from the Department of Justice to enforce Local, State, and Federal laws. We can go on military bases, as long as we have a secret clearance.” Robyn knew she couldn’t go on military bases, but her aunts and uncles could.

“What does the company you work for do?”

“We do law enforcement. That’s why I’m able to work with the LAPD at such a young age. I’m considered a special agent because of my unique skills. I’m also not restricted by the same rules and regulations that you and the rest of SWAT are.”

“But you still have to respect people’s rights and follow established guidelines.”

“Yes, but I have a little bit more lee way than you do. However, I’m supposed to follow standard police procedures.” That was the one thing Commander Penn told her when she started working with SWAT.

“I’ve been meaning to ask. How are your bruises?”

“Almost gone, but my ribs are still healing.” Robyn will be glad when her ribs were completely healed.

up
177 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

SOME ONE will pay

Samantha Heart's picture

They will pay DEARLY! Even of the "cat or Wolf" get involved. Those two.... have EVEN MORE resources than the Wolfhart family!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Someone need to call

Uncle Jack. There is more than enough here for the situation to get handled "Bounty"-style.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

A bit too curious?

Jamie Lee's picture

Is Sergeant Hawk just a bit too curious or concerned about Robyn? He does seem a bit too curious, asking those questions, questions that could be used to go after the family. Maybe Robyn needs to be more circumspect when answering questions.

Others have feelings too.