The Feminine Queendom 38

Printer-friendly version

The Feminist Queendom Charlie’s War 38

© Beverly Taff

List of Characters.

Charlie Sage Maths and electronics genius.
Shirley Sage Charlies elderly mother
Chloe Charlie’s one time early school friend.
Josephine Flint Surgeon and associate of Chloe’s.
Mrs Jane Anston Director of Anston Aerospace.
Ronnie Garage mechanic at top of lane
Pauline Garage owner, Ronnie’s sister.
Briony Pauline’s teenaged daughter.
Billy Pauline’s middle son.
Abigail (Abby) Pauline’s youngest daughter.
‘Poppy’ Charlie’s little micro-runabout.
‘Doris’ The armoured mobile home.
‘Lady’ Chloe’s Sports Car.
Dawn Charlie’s armoured spaceship.
Colonel Wilson Vindictive misanthropist doctor.
Margaret Thomas ‘Failed’ police security guard.
Sally. 1st Oz Special forces trooper
Jacky 2nd Oz Special forces trooper.

Chapter 38

“So?” Charlie suggested. “I think we return to Coach first and stock up with supplies; then wait to see what news they’ve released about us.”

“Can’t fault the first bit; stocking up at Coach. Not sure about staying put though.” Chloe replied as she sat Charlotte on her knee and combed her hair.

Having agreed the first move, Charlie arrived at Coach before the rescue cum negotiating team had realised Dawn was no longer in the sky above them. It had been a routine task to ascend above the atmosphere then streak across Western Australia at several thousands of knots in the frictionless vacuum of near space. Charlie was ‘garaging’ Dawn before Margaret Thomas; the police sergeant had missed her.

Chloe was feeding the triplets while Charlie was bathing Charlotte when Chloe’s satellite phone rang. It was Margaret.

“Where’ve you gone?”

“To a place of safety.” Chloe replied.

“Are you still in Australia?”

“We can’t say until we’re certain that Colonel Wilson is in custody. Have you caught her yet?”

“No.”

“Well when you do, please inform us.”

“You’re not fugitives, why are you hiding?” Margaret pressed.

“Purely for our own safety. Until we are certain of being treated fairly and Charlie’s rightful title to the science and knowledge that enables his ship is acknowledged.
We are not exposing ourselves to any risks of arrest or detention. By the way, this call is being recorded and directionally shielded to the satellite. You won’t be able to trace it.”

“Can I speak to Charlie please?” Margaret asked.

“He’s busy just now, washing the babies and putting them down.”

“What! He does that?”
“Of course. He’s their father. That’s what fathers do; when they’re allowed to.”

“Point taken. I’ll not argue with you there. When can I speak to him?”

“Call at noon today, after he’s had some proper sleep.”

“Okay, by then the Prime Minister will probably want to speak to him.”

“Bring it on,” Chloe agreed, “we’ll make it a party video-call from the ship, and we’ll be loitering in space so don’t try to attack us. You couldn’t anyway, your missiles don’t work in space, there’s no air for them to be guided.”

“Noon it is then, unless we have some news about Wilson’s capture.”

“Fine. Speak to you at noon.”

Chloe replaced the sat phone and resumed feeding the babies as Charlie busied himself with bathing and changing them. Charlotte sat as close to her mother as possible, still traumatised by the kidnapping. She only relaxed when Charlie appeared with their breakfasts and the recognisably normal routine of breakfast in her highchair. By the time breakfast was over, Charlotte was smiling again and that helped Chloe to relax.

As peace descended on the Sage home, Charlie snatched a few hours of welcome sleep.

ooo000ooo

“Wake up sleepy, it’s three o’ clock.”

“Wha-!” Charlie yawned before realising what Chloe had just said.

“Why didn’t you wake me. Has the Prime Minister called?”

“She did, and Margaret also called but you were dead to the world, so we all decided to let you carry on sleeping. Here’s your tea and biscuits. The P.M. will call at three thirty.”

“How are the kids?”

“They’re fine. The babies are having their afternoon nap and Charlotte’s playing ‘fly-baby’ in the cargo-bay. Don’t worry, I checked and double sealed the clamshells.”

Charlie grinned as he watched through the open airtight door as Charlotte squealed ‘wheeeee’! while bouncing from bulkhead to bulkhead with the cargo bay gravity switched off. He waved to her, and she waved back but did not come to him for she was having too much fun being a ‘birdie-baby’ in the zero gravity.

“I’ll bet she’s enjoying that.” He smiled at Chloe.

“So was I until I had to wake you.” Chloe grinned before motioning to the video screen.

Chloe had rotated it so when the Prime Minister called, she would see Charlotte playing ‘fly baby’ or ‘birdie-baby’ in the background while she talked to Charlie. This would be evidence enough that they were in space.

The call duly arrived at exactly three thirty and the P.M. appeared with the defence minister at her side.

“Afternoon Mr Sage, Mrs Sage; Oh! And Miss Sage, I see behind you.”

“Yes, she’s being a birdie baby in the cargo bay with the gravity switched off.”

Both ministers could not suppress an envious smile as they watched Charlotte enjoying the best ‘theme-park ride that any child could have. Reluctantly, they returned to the matters in hand. Charlie asked about Colonel Wilson but received little reassurance about their security.
“How can an alien disappear from sight inside a ring of Australian special forces?”

“It’s the question I am asking of my generals Mr Sage.” The defence minister replied apologetically.”

“Well, without answers, everything else is on hold. My family will not be put in jeopardy again.”

“We are doing all we can Mr Sage.”

“Good. This time, try not to be so sloppy and slip shod. If we return we will want proper protection, not just some ill-informed copper who had no idea what she was up against!”

“That was down to the Western Australian Government.”

“Oh no Prime Minister. The instruction to protect us came from Canberra, it was Canberra’s responsibility; - your responsibility; - to make sure the proper protection was supplied. I want no more mistakes.”

“So will you be returning to Australia?”

“You catch that lunatic colonel first then we’ll talk turkey.”

“Very well Mr Sage. I’m a bit disappointed by your response.”

“As I was disappointed by my children’s kidnap.” Charlie responded with a finality that brooked no further discussion.

The Prime Minister, however, was no mean politician and quickly changed the subject.

“Before you go Mr Sage, I have some important news about human rights.”

Charlie’s interest was piqued as the Prime Minister thought it would.

“Go on.”

“There is a bill being proposed as we speak, to discuss male rights in Australia. I know it’s one small step but, - great oaks and all that.”

“If that’s true, I’d like to see the green paper.”

“Oh! Where did you learn about green papers?”

“Not in any school or college, I can assure you of that!” Charlie responded venomously.

“But you have obviously heard of them, how and where did you study politics?”

“At my mummy’s knee. Email it to me, I’ve got satellite communications up here.”

The two ministers exchanged surprised glances then frowned guiltily as Charlie persisted.

“Have any men contributed to the debate; the green paper discussions that is?”

“Uuuhm, no.”

“I thought so, the feminista are so entrenched nobody even thought to meet with any men. You’ve got a very long row to hoe ladies. I think the green paper should at least contain fifty percent of content to be subscribed by men. That would reflect at least a nod towards the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.”

“What do you know about that?”

“I would refer you to my previous answer; My Mummy!”

Charlie overheard the shared whispered exchange between the two ministers.

“That bloody woman’s got a lot to answer for.”

“I heard that ladies. And yes, you’re right, she has got a lot to answer for, not least being the progenitor of anti-gravity. By the way, you can’t get back at her, she died a long time ago when I was in my twenties.”

“What! She told you the secrets?”

“Of course not! Her womb sourced the discoverer who did the spadework; namely me! She also taught me to think for myself while she protected me from the destructive depredations of the feminista! You’re quite right though, she has got a lot to answer for; and to be proud of; at least, I think she has.”

The ministers fell silent, partly through embarrassment. The silence told Charlie that the meeting was over, so he finished off.

“When do you next want to talk? I think it should be after you’ve caught that terrorist Wilson. In the meantime, I’ll study the green paper and add my thoughts; backed up by a record of the insults, slights, wounds and thefts I believe I have endured these past twenty years since I was fourteen. Think on.”

With that, Charlie closed the link abruptly and Chloe bent over his shoulder to give him a hug.

“That’s right darling, you give it to them – with both barrels!”

“We’ll see love,” he reflected ruefully, “the poor bitches are so ingrained with years of Feminista indoctrination they might not even get what I’m about.”

“Oh they’ll get it babes!” Chloe grinned. “Just thinking about spaceships will concentrate their minds exquisitely!”

“It shouldn’t have to come to that. My Mummy warned me about that when I first told her of my discovery.”

“What! You told your mum?”

“Oh yes, Mummy could keep secrets though. I’d learned that much by the time I was in my twenties. She kept my insights a secret to her dying day. She also managed to comfort my hurts and help me stay on the straight and narrow, at least until I knew where I was going. That way, nobody really got to know about me until I became a supervisor working at Anston Aerospace.”

“So. Quo tenetur Charlie?” Chloe asked.

Charlie shrugged somewhat dispiritedly.

“Dunno love. It’s in their hands mostly.”

ooo000ooo

“But you will stay by me and the kids, won’t you?”

“Like shit to a blanket love.” Charlie replied softly as his hands snaked around her back and head.

Chloe giggled as she pressed into his embrace

“You have the nicest way of putting things.”

Their ardour was suddenly interrupted by a thump followed by a wail and Chloe cursed softly as she turned to find Charlotte rubbing her elbows.

“What did you do darling?” She asked as she kissed the bruised joints.
“You kissed daddy, I wanted to kiss but I fell.”

Charlie also giggled as they both realised Charlotte had tried to ‘fly’ from the gravity free cargo hold into the cabin where the gravity still prevailed. He took her from Chloe’s arms and hugged her gently before repeating what Chloe had done, namely kissing the bruised elbows then gently rubbing them as Charlotte forgot they were ‘hurting’ and wrapped her arms around her daddy’s neck. She tried to kiss him on the lips like mummy did but recoiled when she felt his rough stubble.

“Ow! Scratchy!” She objected as she fingered his jaw.

“Daddy’s beard,” he explained as she tentatively felt it again.

Chloe’s heart melted as she watched the interaction of her daughter finally enjoying a genuinely intimate exchange with her father.

“She’ll be flirting with you next.” Chloe warned with a smile.

“She’s too young for that surely!” Charlie hesitated.

“Huh! Don’t you believe it big-boy. No don’t hold her away like that, keep hugging her. It’s perfectly natural.”

“But the fem-!”

“Never mind the bloody feminista shit! She’s your daughter and she is entitled to fatherly hugs. Hold her properly.”

Thus encouraged, Charlie wrapped one arm under her butt and Charlotte curled into the crook of his arm feeling safe and secure. The moment was not to last though for their came the threadlike infantile wail from the bedroom. The triplets were awake.

“Ayye,” Charlie sighed, “no peace for the wicked,” he remarked as he made to put Charlotte down.

Chloe intervened with a grin.

“You look after her, this is woman’s work.”

“Oh. Of course. I’ll play birds in the cargo hold.”

“No, come in and share if you want. Charlotte knows all about breast feeding and it’s about time you knew what happens.”

“I know what happens darling.”

“That you might, but not all the preparation and bottle-boosting I have to do to stretch my milk between the three.

“Ah! Daddy lesson number one hundred and one,” Charlie grinned.

ooo000ooo

up
144 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Its going to be a long road

The feminista will not turn around overnight. As for that fiend Col. Wilson hopefully they catch her soon and put her in a deep hole somewhere. This is one of the most interesting stories im reading right now and I get so excited when I see new chapters posted.

EllieJo Jayne

I'm the same , check 3 times

leeanna19's picture

I'm the same , check 3 times a day for my FQ update. I think the couple will have to do a demonstration in what they have to gain to convince the die hards.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

Col. Wilson

That woman is evil. After (ahem) a "VIGOROUS" interrogation, she should be hanged by the neck until dead.

G/R

Ahh, If I was near I'd come

leeanna19's picture

Ahh, If I was near I'd come around in guy mode and give you a hug. The world would be a better place with more hugs.

Hi Bev“

What! He does that?”
“Of course. He’s their father. That’s what fathers do; when they’re allowed to.”

Surprised he cares enough, or a man touching children?

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

The Queendom Continues

I have been fascinated to see what a complex tale you are weaving from an initial seed of an idea.

Hiker_JPG_1.jpg

Ball is in their court

Jamie Lee's picture

Charlie and Chloe can go anywhere they like, and faster than anything on the planet. Even into outer space.

The Oz PM would love to get Charlie on her side, but until things change it won't happen. And things are going to change about as fast as a snail crossing a two lane highway.

Charlie has given a few women pause just by his concern about Charlotte and his caring for the triplets. Still, those few women don't control the power of the government so have no say in changing the laws.

Wilson needs found and soon, before she does something really stupid. Like starting a war between the UQ and Oz.

Others have feelings too.