Blackwell Paranormal Investigation Agency Case 11

Printer-friendly version

Midnight, Airfield, Walker, Kansas:
Edward follows the road to the entrance of the airfield, passing by Trenners Auto Repair. Andre was sitting in the passenger seat watching as Edward drove the Rv.

“So, what are we chasing after here at this airfield?” Edward looks at Andre for an answer.

“No ghost or anything. I’ve been called to consult about a situation.” Andre wishes he knew more about why August called him.

“Okay, so where are we supposed to park?” Edward was looking around.

“Well, since we're early, park over there.” Andre points towards a parking lot that had a few cars already parked.

“Alright.” Edward maneuvers the Rv to the parking lot and parks in the back part of it.

Once the Rv is parked, Edward switches on the generator to power the Rv. He gets up and heads towards the kitchen, stepping over Christy and Oyintsa. Oyintsa was in her tiger form, sleeping next to her wife.

He walks into the kitchen and grabs a cold bottle of beer. He pops the cap off and steps outside of the Rv to enjoy the beer. He didn’t want to wake anyone up.

Andre watches as Edward heads outside of the Rv. He noticed he grabbed one of his favorite beers from the refrigerator. He wonders why August Trenner called him. He pulls one of the supernatural energy detectors out and steps outside of the Rv. He might as well get a reading to see what the ley line energies levels were around them.

Edward watches as Mr. Blackstone steps out of the Rv with one of the special meters that measure ley line energies. He steps away from Edward further out past the parking lot. The field he was walking to led to the perimeter of the airfield.

He stops and turns the meter on to start scanning the area around him. The energy levels in the area were extremely low. There was no reason for the supernatural to want to be here.

Edward walks over to Mr. Blackstone “let me guess. The energies in this area are low."

“Yes, and that isn’t what is bothering me. What is puzzling me, is why the supernatural drawn here?” Andre looks at Edward.

“There is a small group of supernaturals at this airbase.” Edward could feel a bunch of different Weres at the airbase.

“Oh? Are they in one particular area or spread out?” Andre was curious about that.

“Spread out among the airfield. There’s at least a hundred total.” Edward takes a swig of beer and finishes it off.

“So, there’s not a concentration of Were’s or supernaturals?”

“Nope! Well, let me rephrase that. There’s some over at that bar we passed coming onto the airfield.”

“Anywhere else?”

“A few over in that direction and a small bunch over in that direction.” Edward points in the opposite direction from their position.

“Do you feel anything out of the ordinary around here?” Andre knew Edward had special abilities from his years of being a Werewolf.

“Nope, no one is using magic or anything unusual.” Edward wonders why they were call out to the base.

“Well, since nothing is going on. I’m going to head back into the Rv. What are you going to do?” Andre looks at Edward.

“I’m going to take a look around this airfield in my wolf form.”

“Okay, be careful.” Andre knew Edward was an old wolf and survived a lot throughout the centuries.

“Don’t worry about me. They will never know I’m out there exploring.” Edward starts undressing until he is in the nude.

Andre picks up Edward's clothes and watches as Edward starts changing into his wolf form. He was still amazed at how big Edward was in his wolf form. He was the size of a Bengal tiger and weighed almost as much as they do.

Andre watches as silver and gray fur mixed with the black fur that starts covering Edwards wolf form. There was more silver fur covering
Edwards wolf's body than there was black fur. He steps back when Edward shakes his body to get the clear gloop that covers his body during the change, off.

Edward looks at Andre and smiles. He felt that the wolf spirit that was inside him was happy to be set free.

“Behave yourself and stay out of trouble.”

Edward gives him an evil grin and runs off. Edward makes sure he uses his magic to conceal his movement. There were places at the airfield that haven’t been restored or built upon. He explores those places. Some of the places smelled too high heaven. People have been using certain areas as toilets. He leaves those buildings and explores some of the newer or restored buildings. He was impressed when he spots three huge hangers that had a collection of restored aircraft in them. There were planes from before World War I up to the current day. There were even some racing planes and experimental that never made production. He was surprised that there were five fully restored F14 Tom Cats with mock-up missile loads on them.

He leaves the hangars and visits other areas that had restored military combat vehicles from other countries. He could tell that whoever restored these vehicles knew what they were doing. He even spots some classic cars that were on display, including some of the very first cars ever made.

When he gets near one building, he had to be careful. He was picking up on supernatural energies inside the building. There were all sorts of different energies inside the place.

Edward stops and does some probing to see what the different energies were that he was getting. He freezes when he feels the touch of death inside. He knew what that meant, but why would a grim reaper be among all the other supernaturals he was feeling?

He was feeling that there were four different breeds of elves, one Weretiger, a succubus half-breed, some sort of creature that had been changed by magic, and an unusual creature inside. He wonders what the unusual creature was. He could tell that the person was feline, but what type, he couldn’t tell.

Edward moves away from the building and explores a little more. A few times a security patrol drive by him. They don’t spot him, because his special abilities make him invisible to them. He just watches as they drive by.

After four hours of looking around and getting the layout of the place. Edward heads back to the Rv and spots Akeno outside sitting in a folding chair watching him.

“It’s about time, you showed back up. Did you discover anything unusual?” Akeno takes a sip of her hot chocolate.

“Yes, there’s a building not far from here filled with different types of supers. Including a grim reaper.”

Akeno almost spits her hot chocolate out of her mouth. She looks at Edward “what is a grim reaper doing here?” She knew they only showed up when someone was going to die.

“I don’t know, but whoever they are, they are staying in the same building as all the different types of supers I picked up.” Edward had changed back into his human form and was standing before Akeno in the nude.

“That is puzzled. I wonder why they are here?” Akeno had a thoughtful look on her face.

“We’ll find out later when everyone is awake.” Edward was a little tired, but not so tired that he needed to sleep.

He goes to the trailer and grabs a chair similar to Akeno’s and sets it up. He steps inside the Rv and grabs a few beers.

“Not sleepy?” Akeno noticed what Edward was doing.

“I thought I would keep you company.” Edward sits down in the chair he just set up.

A smile appears on Edward's face as he takes a swig from his beer.

Story continues in Trenner’s Garage Chap. 16
up
113 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looking foward

Samantha Heart's picture

To reading more.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.