In Too Deep - Ch 6

Printer-friendly version

Chapter Six

As Dana hurried through the sound stages and past the hustle and bustle of a studio lot, her mind continued to be drawn to that dark little secret that had haunted her for years. She felt that she was betraying Sloan by her body's reaction to the pain, humiliation and degradation of her past. Every time this happened it sent her spiraling into a depression. How could she ever be worthy of Sloan? She was sick, a pervert who became excited at things that disgusted normal people. As she struggled with her demons, she almost collided with Danielle Sharp.

"OH...uhm....sorry Ms. Sharp I'm afraid I wasn't looking where I was going"

"Dana, it's quite alright" was the cool response. "Is everything alright? You seem a bit flushed"

"Yes, Ma'am. I was thinking about....ummm...the uh...the wardrobe...."

"No problem, dear. In fact, I am glad that I ran into you"

"Actually, I think it was me that ran into you", Dana replied, cracking the beginning of a sheepish smile.

Though her bearing remained cool and sophisticated, Danielle's eyes glimmered with anticipation as the pair stood calmly chatting as a sea of bodies swept by on either side.

Dana met the gaze of the much taller woman and was immediately drowning. Danielle seemed to be discussing color palettes and costuming while Dana struggled to focus. There was a palpable aura of power that emanated from Danielle, a commanding presence that casually assumed that others would bend to her will.

It was well-known throughout the film industry that Matt and Danielle (never Dani) were a power to be reckoned with. She and her husband had formed their own production company after the success of Matt's third film and never looked back. With his reputation and clout, as well as her backroom manipulations, they were among the top players in Hollywood.

Dana suddenly realized that Danielle had stopped talking and her eyes were narrowly focused, a well-known sign that she was angry. Just before Dana could stumble through an apology, they were saved by Matt's PA, Gabriel who appeared very upset.

"Pardon me, Ms. Sharp, but your husband sent me to find you."

Her stormy look was suddenly targeted upon the hapless intern.

"Congratulations" she crossed her arms, "You found me!"

"It seems he wants to shelve the film, maam."

"WHAT???" she exploded.

Gabriel paled and gulped, "I'm sorry Mist....ummm...Ma'am, but the actor that he had planned to cast in the lead has gone into rehab"

Dana could see the young man begin to wither as Ms Sharp's face became a cold mask.

"Please remind me, Gabi" her voice soft and cold as she emphasized the name, "who was it that researched the actor that we cast?"

"I-I-I'm sorry...."

"No my dear pet, but you will be."

She towered over the trembling PA and continued.

"Tell my husband that I will be with him, shortly...", He nodded deferentially and began to hurry away, "...then go and wait for me in the playroom"

Dana could see him shiver at the final words, and could not control a damp tingling between her own thighs as she realized that some of the stories that she had heard about the Sharps just might be true. As she watched Gabriel walk away, she suddenly realized that the woman was pondering her, appraisingly.

Come Dana, I'd like to have a word with you"

She spun on her heel and began walking toward Dana's office, without a glance back as Dana hurried to keep up. Arriving there, she wasted no time in sending Dana's assistant off to fetch coffee and scones. Striding across the office, she perched on Dana's desk, forcing her to take a seat in one of the office chairs, rather than her own.

"Unfortunate" she said cryptically as she looked around the office. "but then one person's misfortune, can be another's salvation."

Dana was unsure how to respond, when suddenly Danielle changed tack.

"You got the invitation?"

"I'm sorry?"

"The party invitation...or does Gabi need a more severe punishment?"

"Ohhhh, that. Yes Ms. Sharp, and thank you both. My husband and I are very excited"

"Husband? I'm a bit confused. I seem to recall seeing you at the Demarcation wrap party with a woman. As I recall, you seemed very much an item."

"A woman?"

"Look Dana, we are all adults here. If you go both ways and want to have a little fun, it's really not my business."

"Yes Ms Sharp....I mean NO....that was my husband, Sloan"

"Really? Interesting....."

"I don't understand...."

At that point, there was a knock and Dana opened the door to find her assistant with a cloth covered tray containing scones and coffee. As soon as the woman had left them, Dana began pouring and serving.

"Tell me Dana, what does Sloan do for a living?"

"He's a very talented actor..."

So began a long cathartic discussion . Danielle was easy to talk to, and within a few minutes Dana was telling her about Sloan, herself, and their life together. The older woman was a very good interviewer, and before she realized it, they had been talking for an hour. Danielle was amazed at the childish innocence of the couple, as well as their vanilla sex life.

It was time to change that.

"Dana, how much do you believe in Sloan?"

"With all my heart and soul."

"I have been watching you for some time. I have a knack for finding the right people for the right....positions" her smile was soft as her eyes danced with Dana's. "I have a brilliant idea, but it hinges on you, my dear."

"What idea?"

"Before I tell you, I must make a few things clear. I am taking what I believe in you and assuming that your own valuation of Sloan is accurate. You have read the script for Soft Kill?"

Dana shook her head, "I was only just included on the project and have yet to read it. It's an action film, right?"

"Somewhat, but it hinges, in fact the whole success of our company hinges, on finding an actor that can play both genders convincingly"

"Both genders?"

"Actually Dana, even more than that. You see, this film is about a contract assassin who is transgendered"

"You mean a gay man who likes to dress up like a woman?"

Danielle laughed, "Oh my dear, you are such an innocent. There are probably hundreds of degrees of sexuality and sexual identity. The character in our film has been struggling with sexual identity all his life. He was physically abused by his father, who tried to beat him into being a man. Along the way, he learned to suppress his emotions. He became a chameleon, sliding beneath the radar, never allowing anyone to see his soul. He found the perfect outlet as a young man, murdering a school bully by disguising himself as a girl and luring him into an alley for a blowjob. From that moment, he knew his destiny. He is a killer for hire, but his male persona is meek and submissive, while his female persona is strong, tough as nails, and ruthless."

"Wow", said Dana.

"Wow, indeed...and quite the challenge, but without the right actor it could become a disaster."

"So, if you lost your lead, what are you planning to do?"

"I have seen your husband, but I will ask you again, how good an actor is Sloan?"

Her eyes widened with understanding as Danielle Sharp smiled.

"Do you think Mr. Sharp would let Sloan audition?"

"Definitely not...at least not without a LOT of preparation. If I mentioned to Matt that I wanted him to audition a nobody, he would shit-can the whole project, but if he met someone that he was sure was a woman and learned the woman was...shall we say...unique...he just might. You see, my husband has made his career by acting on his own instincts. He would be prejudiced against anyone he didn't bring to the table himself."

"But how do we get Mr. Sharp to 'discover' Sloan?"

"Tell me Dana, what are you and Sloan planning to wear to our party?"

up
135 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

YAY

waif's picture

Many thanks to those of you that are still with me after my many failed attempts to repair my chapters. It looks like everything is fixed now.

waif

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

Where Are The Kudos?

Huh?

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

OOOOOPSIE !

waif's picture

Renee

If my kudos were misplaced, then thank you.

:)

I am just happy to see it all in one spot.

waif

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

So are you planning on short

So are you planning on short installments like this on a fairly regular basis? A few authors here have done that and your writing style seems to fit with it.

Stream of Unconsciousness

waif's picture

I am trying to post them in single installments with a serial format.

I hope that I have finally figured out the correct way to do it. I basically added the entire book through chapter 5 as a single new work and am hoping to delete the others. This weekend I expect to have chapters 6 and 7 finished and posted. I am following a basic outline but my characters keep expanding the tale.

waif

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

Hi Waif,

I hate to be bothering you more, but I think your postings are still goofed up. Mid day, today, tuesday, Ch 4 was posted with kudos working; I added a kudo. Now, 8:16pm tuesday, Ch 5 is up, but it still has Ch 4 kudos; i.e. it says I gave a kudo (to Ch 5), but I actually gave a kudo to Ch 4 and the system won't let me give a kudo to Ch 5. Ch 5 should have been posted with no kudos, but I think it wasn't.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Shame on Me

waif's picture

I screwed everything up. I finally reposted ch 1-5 as a new work and am trying to delete all the other files.

To all of the sweet people that have been so supportive....I AM SOOOOO SORRY !!!!

waif the shamed

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

OK...I know I am blonde.

waif's picture

I would like to thank Erin, Renee, richie2, jkoc, and especially Dawnfyre for helping me correct all my blunders. I finally have chapters 1-7 posted correctly. Hopefully, it will be plain sailing from here...stop laughing...I mean it !!!

waif

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

You have an interesting (and

You have an interesting (and multi faceted) setup. My assumption is that Danielle has no idea of either Dana's or Sloan's past issues/experiences - butvthey would seem to play right into her plans. Although what her (and her husbands) plans for a couple asopposed to just Gabi remains to be seen.
Will we ever find out more about Gabriel?

Gabi

waif's picture

Actually, Gabi will be starring in the next chapter....which takes place in Matt and Danielle's playroom.

Alas, Gabi is moving on soon, as he was only doing an internship. This was why Danielle has been looking for a new pet.

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

Yes, I remember that Gabi was

Yes, I remember that Gabi was due to leave, and I at first thought he would just appear in that early part, but when he showed up a little more often, I began to wonder if you might provide some more insight into him. I assume it will also let us know more of what could be in store for Sloan and Dana.

The next chapter will be a

waif's picture

The next chapter will be a bit more explicit. I am really beginning to like Gabi, and is funny that a character that I had been planning to make extraneous has been able to garner more of the story than I ever anticipated.

Anyway Chapter 8 is about half done....maybe finished tomorrow.

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.