At Last ‘A Life’ ~ Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 4 A night to remember

It was 15 to 20 minutes before we found De Marcos and we were all feeling the cold by the time we arrived. None of us wanted to carry coats all evening since we would be drinking in a few bars. So trust Jessica to toughen us up expecting us to walk in the cold.

Vicky called her the sergeant major! She knows Jessica well enough to poke fun at her and even in the office at work she stands up for everybody. She is a bit older than the rest of us and was recently divorced having been married young at the age of eighteen. She has a relationship with one of the senior Managers so maybe that’s what gives her the extra courage.

Walking outside in heels and hose was a nice sensation for me and I didn’t mind at all. Walking with a group of girls made it even more of a pleasure. The click of my stiletto heels on the pavement made me shiver more than the cold wind. Vicky did wear a silk scarf so she felt more comfortable than the rest of us. Liz was showing all she’d got so she was almost blue by the time we arrived looking windswept and cursing Jessica for being too skinny to part with the kitty for a taxi.

We waited at the reception desk with Jessica trying to find the booking that Anne had made and took it in turns to go to the bathroom to freshen up. We were still early so we moved to a small bar whilst our table became vacant. We moved to the corner of the bar so we could have 4 stools between the eight of us and the barman thought it was his birthday and quickly came to serve us.

He gave us each a glass of complementary sparkling wine and introduced himself as Alberto. He said he was Italian ( but he had a Brummie accent!!) and he said he would give us his personal service and extra special treatment. Lisa said yes please and could he service all of us which made him blush. But he did a great job topping up our glasses.

I let Sally have the seat in front of me (as a gentleman?) but she then gave it up to Jane and we both then stood to one side of her with a good view of the rest of the bar to eye the bar talent as Sandy said. I just mumbled ‘I don’t know what you mean’ and she laughed at me and said ‘Go for it Girl!!’

The other advantage was that it allowed Jane prime position to enjoy the barman’s charm. Poor Jane but it was her night. I remember that I wished it was my night and then I thought what a strange thing to say to myself. I was beginning to worry about myself. What will mum and sis think if they find out I had this experience and these feeling?

Jessica then took charge again and insisted that Sally sit on her stool so that she could move to the side of me. She called the barman over to ask him to refresh our glasses for a toast to the ladies and asked him if he fancied me. I felt like I was going to pee my pants when she told him no chance since I was unavailable and preferred women. She said he had no chance to get into my panties but he was quick witted and said he’d be focusing on her anyway since she looked more his type — Class AA — always available!!

He smiled at me and everybody laughed. Jessica laughed too but mostly through her teeth I think and then whispered that she was sorry to be awful but she enjoyed teasing me and she wanted to see what life is really like for the female of the species. I was determined not to get angry or embarrassed and wished she wouldn’t try to make fun to spoil the night for everybody. In the end I just stuck out my tongue and screwed up my nose.

Anne was watching all this so as one of my protectors she came over with the wine list to distract Jessica and they set about finding some reasonable ‘plonk’ I escaped and stood by Jane and Sally. Jane held my hand and said she was proud of me and thought that I was a good sport. She was really enjoying herself and she was amazed at my transformation to Christine.

Lisa sneaked up and put her arms around us and hugged us and then started to sing ‘I’m getting married in the morning’. We all joined in so by now the whole bar area was aware that we were celebrating Janes wedding and all sorts of comments were made.

A few guys were at the other end of the bar and they sent over a cocktail for Jane. She was challenged to stand up and try to down it in one so we all in a circle and cheered her. She is only small but she emptied the glass and the guys all clapped loudly and whistled.

Two of them came over and introduced themselves and I suddenly felt extremely conspicuous. Anne pushed me between the stools that Sally and Jane were occupying to protect me whilst they chatted and told us where they were going later. Jessica shouted for them to watch out for us because we were hungry for some real men and would be available later. Luckily by that time our table was ready.

I sat as far away from Jessica as I could next to Sally and Lisa. Jessica was at the end of the table so that she could be the centre of attention controlling the waiters and ensuring our glasses were always full. As the ‘bride to be’ Jane was in the middle on one side of the table with Liz in the middle on the other side as her chief bridesmaid and special friend.

The restaurant was very busy and noisy since there were 2 other parties of eight people either side of us as well as lots of other tables of four and six celebrating or eating before the bars got busy and the town livened up. Marco himself came out to greet us and presented us with 2 bottles of wine. So by now we were all becoming really drunk and very loud.

I was worried that I might give myself away if I was ill.
So again Anne took charge and said we needed food. She ordered the first courses of anti pasta and pizzas to share between us to ensure that we were eating some bulk food because we were drinking wine. I tried to dilute mine whenever I got the chance. Anne knew we would end up drunk if somebody didn’t take charge to control the situation so she took the responsibility of ‘Mother Hen’.

We shared some pasta dishes and a large risotto and to be honest nobody much remembered what we ate because we were laughing and talking and drinking so much. Jessica kept standing up to make a toast and then fumbling her words and falling back into her seat. Sally was smiling at me and kept saying who’d work for a boss like that.

The waiters were very patient and helpful. I thought one was very shy so I tried to be especially nice to him and thanked him each time he delivered courses or removed plates. Maybe he was a person like me that didn’t get chance to go out much and was shy with women.

He was quite good looking and I was wondering what he would say if he knew about me. He was reasonably tall and quite fit and when I got up to use the bathroom he made an effort to help me and show me the way. Jessica was watching out of the corner of her eye and seemed jealous.

There was a queue in the bathroom and I was bursting but I had to wait in line. Most girls were in pairs and were preening themselves. There were only two cubicles so by the time it was my turn I was really desperate and could hardly contain myself any longer. I never had to wait in line like this in the mens bathroom.

By now I was used to sitting down and it was becoming natural. I’d tucked myself in before we left the hotel and it was necessary to free myself. I thought about shaving in future and having a more permanent fix that would remove any bulges. Still the panties were fine for now and it wasn’t as if the girls weren’t aware of my situation. But I wanted the added security in future just in case.

It was still busy when I came out of the cubicle but I managed to wash my hands and freshen up a little. I took care not to leave my bag open just in case my purse was stolen. In it was my driving license and my credit cards. Liz and Jane came in and I left them chatting to two other girls about weddings and wedding dresses.

As I left the bathroom I was confronted by one of the guys who had been at the bar earlier. He introduced himself as James and asked if I lived in Birmingham. It was fairly obvious that he did but I smiled and said no and tried to pass him. He wasn’t going to be ignored so I had to speak to him and was terrified in case my voice was obvious. I said we were visiting for the weekend and had plans for a good night to celebrate Janes forthcoming marriage.

He carried on the chat and told me where they were going and game me 2 introductory discount cards in case I changed my mind and fancied a dance later. I was a bit taken aback but luckily Jane and Liz came out of the bathroom and saved me.

They were laughing at me as we went back to the table and told everybody that I’d ‘pulled’. Sally looked at me whilst the others were joking about it and asked if it was true. I told her what happened and she asked me to be very careful.
I had no intention of taking him up on his offer but I must admit that he was good looking and very confident.

They soon left and so we decided we should move on to a bar close by the restaurant that had music downstairs and a live band upstairs. Vicky had been there before and said it had an admission charge but it was a great place to celebrate.

Jane paid the bill and wouldn’t take no for an answer so that called for another toast and another song.
Then we moved out of de Marcos and on to the bar.

To be continued….

up
145 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

At Last ‘A Life’ ~ Chapter 4

A "Girl's Night Out." What fun!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Tea and Gosip???

Ole Ulfson's picture

And, thanks to the odious Jessica, some harassment. I do think she's crossing the line of the acceptable, but thank goodness Chris has her defenders.

Wonderful story, Jules,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!