Black Friday Blues

Printer-friendly version

Black Friday Blues
By
JulieDCole

HH_stockhishoppinggirls_710x406_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg
Another Thanksgiving day had just been and gone. I’d had my turkey dinner and checked my e-mails. I switched off TV and connected to TSTG. More activity than I expected but then lots of guests and writers are from around the world. Don’t they realize it’s Thanksgiving? They should be watching a football game or something.

Ha there goes Dorothy. She is a star. I’ll read that later when I see what Drea had to say and check out some of Baileys postings. Now there’s a thought. A nice glass of Baileys with ice would sit well with this cup of coffee. No it’s too early in the day.

Hmmm. There are a lot of postings from new authors on the site. Somebody has been active. Oh good Rausfelle has something to say. She is always worth a read. Mmm she is in a good moon today. Nice to see. Now what about the Browns. Good Susan posted the last chapter of The Wedding. Mmm she did 17 episodes of ‘Get a Life’. Wasn’t that my first story title. No I did ‘At Last A Life. Mmm Susan likes romance. What about Melanie? Come on Mel please. Porn stars on this site. Mmm good story.

Goodness is that the time. OK Drea it’s back to you. Nothing like a good read before bed. Oh it wasn’t so bad after all. I’d better catch some sleep since it’s a big day tomorrow. I’ve decided I’m getting rid of Black Friday Blues once and for all.

Ahhh. What a nice morning. The sun is up. I better get ready and get on the road. Not often I get chance to hit the malls. It’s even better when the sales are on. I had a lot of fun watching videos of girls out shopping. Now it’s my turn but I’m not sure if I dare record anything. I might try but lets see. It’s mayhem in most of the stores and it’s easy to blend in with everybody fighting to get a changing room and with staff are under great pressure to check the visitors. They might steal my i-phone if I leave it on a shelf recording. Anyway let’s see. It’s a perfect chance to have a perfect day. Oh what a nice song ‘Perfect Day’ I’ll play that on route if I can find it on my phone.

Wow, 9am and there is already a full car park. Doesn’t anybody want to lie in and recover from their Thanksgiving Dinner. I expected to pick my spot close to the entrance. I don’t want the wind to spoil my hair. I hope it’s clipped tightly.

More fool me the coffee shops are packed with hardly a spare seat to be found. No chance for a Starbucks. What is it about Black Friday that we all love. For me it’s the chance to pick up a handful of bargains and this time chance to be myself and just mingle or disappear into the ladies changing rooms. If only we had Black Friday every week. I’d never get the Blues.

One of these I think. One of those. I like that colour. Oh that material is great. Trousers? No I can wear them anytime. I prefer skirts to show my new shaved legs. Spare tights just in case I snag these. Yes. Mmm nice colour. I’ll wear black ones tonight. Daytime is for neutral. I just love heels. Why on earth do young girls want to wear those big clumpy things or toddle about on stilts.

Great. The attendant never raised her eyes. She just counted the hangers and gave me a card. 5 items. I was lucky I expected to be limited to 3 at most. They must be keen to offload today.

Wow I never expected so many mirrors. I can see myself from every possible angle. I look as good as anybody in here after all. Years of practice I suppose. Practice does make perfect. Yes a perfect day to get rid of those blues. Mmmm I wish my brown eyes were blue. Ha isn’t that another song. This music is so relaxing. The mens changing rooms are terrible compared to these.

I might have to watch out for my bag and that nobody clocks me. Good I’m just lost in a sea of shopaholics. They don’t see anybody. Just the price tags.

Oh no. I left the door of my cubicle ajar. You bitch. I was in there first. Just wait I’ll scragg you missy. Calm down you’ll get in trouble. Just be patient. Grrrr that skirt is mine. How dare you. Yes it was the last one. No you have no chance missy just give it back. You are too wide across the hips. This is for a girl with slender hips like me.

Ohhh what a day. A great day not just a purrrfect day. I can’t wait to soak my feet. I’m going out with Angie tonight. We’re celebrating with the girls. She’s giving me a makeover before we go. This dress is going to knock ‘em all for dead.
Black Friday blues just flew away. I’ll be done in when I get home in the morning. With luck I might pull. Don’t be stupid girl. Just calm down. One step at a time. It’ll soon be Christmas and you can pull a cracker or two and have some more turkey.

What Blues!!!!

up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you,Julie,

I just love the Blues-----and some nice jazz !!Happy TG to all our American friends.

ALISON

I sing the blues....

Andrea Lena's picture

....cause I can't wear a Cobalt Blue floor length satin nightgown.....but I'm in the pink after reading your story!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Oh Oh

I trust that you meant you dispensed with everything including the bed socks!

Jules

Yes, pretty much what you see

Yes, pretty much what you see in 99.99% of all the clothing stores on Black Fridays. Some places, you couldn't buy a space to try on anything; so you stand in line again. I gave up going out to Black Friday sales a few years ago, after I witnessed two women fighting and actually rolling around on the store floor over a sweater of all things.
The way they were acting, you would have thought it contained bars of gold.
I decided then that I had better things to do with my time and life, and now either buy on-line, or maybe go out shopping a couple of days after December rolls in. Janice Lynn

:-)

Podracer's picture

I'm glad you enjoyed your day, and cheers for the "diary".
The Black Friday thing has just been imported to here, and the feeding frenzy hasn't entirely gone well by the news reports, we aren't adapted to it yet. I went to work instead, it was relatively sane there.
pirhanas

"Reach for the sun."

Wow Crazy

It looks like Black Friday is here to stay in UK. I wonder where all the spare money comes from. The article was interesting. Must be the early Christmas shopping or something. Will there be funds left for the January sales? What about the Spring sales and the early summer sales and the mid summer sales and the autumn sales and the early winter sales? How can we budget for all this? Good idea to go to work.

Jules

Thank you for reminding me...

about the idiocy that is BF.
This year I Voted with my feet and went far from the madding crowd, and spent a very pleasant day at Petra in Jordan. Walked my feet off though but it wasn't packed and very enjoyable indeed.

Here is one of the locals!
PetraCamel.jpg

Sadly the planned overnight at Wadi-Rum was canned due to the recent heavy rainfall.

Love the diary of your day...

.... it's been mayhem here this weekend - arrests, security guys getting hit, rugby tackles over the technology displays... nothing like that, of course, in the genteel world of girly clothes. It's all been quiet up there. This is the first reference to what's got to be called cubicle rage..... now, that would be scary!
Lovely writing, girl!
Gingerx

Black Friday afternoons are good

The crowds are way down by then. Yeah, I know all the good bargains are gone but *shrug* I have fully transitioned for 24 years now so I have more clothes than I could do with anyway and I have a house now so Black Friday is more about furniture then anything else. Went in today and the crowds were pretty much gone, cubicles everywhere. I do not rush into the stupid ultra-early morning things in Wally World or Tar-gits because they open so damn early now that their poor workers don't really get to enjoy a complete Thanksgiving. We really need to take a stand.

Yes I agree

No chance for the employees to enjoy Thanksgiving. It must cause a lot of stress in countless homes. We shopaholics should take a time out and think of them. I suppose on-line shopping must be a big threat so they fight for survival. For me the fun is the live game and who can describe the thrill of the changing room? Who cares if their is a bit of bargain envy? We owe them big time.

Jules