A Fortuitous Adventure: 5

Printer-friendly version

Emily

Anne wants Emily to help celebrate
her 21st birthday

A Fortuitous Adventure:
or, how I got my first job


by Louise Anne Smithson


Chapter 5

An invitation to dinner

Jenny was also satisfied with my appearance when we arrived at her house and so we quickly changed into our uniforms before setting off for work together with her mother. However, this time I was able to get myself dressed fix my cap and check my makeup without the help of my colleagues. Jenny also loaned me one of her handbags so that I would have somewhere to keep my makeup, wallet and keys together whilst we were busy at work.

‘I don’t use that one any more so you are welcome to hang on to it for as long as you continue working with us,’ she said.

I smiled and thanked her, wondering how long she had in mind.

Wednesday’s job was a lot more straightforward than that of the previous evening: it was a buffet lunch for a business meeting. The caterers had already delivered the finger food on trays covered with cellophane, together with bottles of wine in coolers. All we had to do was to set out the cold food on the side tables, open the wine and pour the drinks, and to begin to heat a series of canapés to offer the guests. Once they were assembled and had helped themselves, we carried round trays of canapés or drinks to refill their plates and glasses. Afterwards, we served everybody with coffee or tea before they disappeared back to their meeting. Once again, nobody seemed to notice anything unusual about me, or if they did, then they certainly did not make it at all obvious. The lunch was over and the guests had returned to their meeting by two o’clock, and, after having a snack ourselves, we had cleared up the food, and loaded the dishes and glasses into the plastic trays ready for them to be collected by four.

Joyce left us to get on with things by ourselves whilst she went to visit a potential customer, and then check up on another function that was being catered by another group of her staff. She only returned as we were just finishing the clearing up. Again she declared herself to be satisfied with the performance of all three of us. She had no work for us the following day, but there was going to be a particularly large dinner on Friday evening, requiring several teams of waitresses. She would need our help once again, both in preparing the hall and laying the tables and then again in the evening to help serve the food and clear up afterwards.

‘That will be fine by me,’ answered Clare, ‘I want to earn as much money as possible this summer.’

Then turning to me she asked, ‘how would you feel about working again Emily?’

‘Err … I'm not really sure, I don’t really have anything planned and would like to earn some more money, but ….’

‘In that case I think you should do so, it has been good fun having you with us over the last two days, and we work well together as a team,’ interrupted Jenny, before I had a chance to express my reservations.

‘But what am I going to do about these finger nails in the meanwhile? Remember that Clare and I are due to go shopping tomorrow,’ I asked.

‘Don’t worry, I will hand over the money to the shop assistant, so you should be able to keep your hands out of sight or wear a pair of gloves for one day, if it embarrasses you,’ said Clare.

‘Wearing gloves in July will seem a little eccentric, but I suppose you can sign Emily up for Friday as well as I need the money, but is there any way I could have an advance on my wages, as I really must buy Chris some more clothes to wear before my aunt returns.’

‘I suppose I could do so on this one occasion, just in case your aunt should suddenly decide to return,’ said Joyce

‘I have no particular plans for tomorrow, so why don’t I come shopping with you both,’ said Jenny. ‘It will also be easier for you Emily if there are three of us.’

‘Alright then, but remember that it will be Chris rather than Emily who is likely to be the one who is embarrassed,’ I replied.


On the way back Joyce stopped at a cash dispenser and withdrew the ninety pounds which I had so far earned and gave them to me.

‘I expect there will be some work next week if you are both interested,’ she said as she handed me the money.

‘It sounds as if Mum will still be staying with gran next week, and so it will be a good opportunity for you to earn some of the money that you lost and perhaps even to buy yourself some more clothes,’ commented Clare.

‘I don’t know, I would prefer to wait and see what has happened by Friday before committing myself,’ I said.

‘Alright then, but I would like to know your intentions for next week by Friday night’ said Joyce. ‘Also don’t you think that it is time that you told your mother what you are doing to earn money Emily?’

‘No, I don’t want to worry her until I know that Gran is out of danger,’ I replied. ‘In any event I still may get my case back.’

‘Alright, as long as you know what you are doing,’ she replied.


Clare and I arrived at her home at about 4.30 pm and I immediately telephoned the two lost property offices for a third time, but again there was no news of my luggage. Whereas they had been sympathetic before, they were now beginning to get fed up with me ringing each day, and one of the assistants suggested that I should assume that I had lost the luggage for good and think about claiming on my travel insurance for its replacement. There did not seem to be any point in explaining that my case was not covered by any insurance policy.

Karen and Anne arrived home an hour later and I proceeded to tell them about my second day working as a waitress and the offer of even more work on Friday, and indeed next week, if I wanted. I also told them of the continued loss of my suitcase.

‘I think I now have to assume that my clothes are lost for good, but at least I now have some money and so I will be able to buy myself some replacements tomorrow morning,’ I said.

‘Before you do so, make sure you have something nice to wear on Saturday night - it will be my twenty-first birthday on Sunday. Mum had been planning to take us all out to a rather posh dinner-dance at The Lord Hill Hotel in the Abbey Foregate, and had already bought the tickets. She rang me last night and does not think she will be able to come home to help me celebrate. She suggested that you should take her place.

She handed me a neatly written envelope containing an invitation card to her birthday celebration.

‘But this is addressed to Emily?’ I said.

‘That’s right, I have discussed it with my sisters and we think it best if you come dressed as Emily. Between the three of us I am sure we could fix you up with something suitable to wear for the evening. There is going to be a ‘smart’ dress code in force and you would never be able to afford to get yourself a dinner jacket and trousers.

‘Who else will be there?’ I asked.

‘At our table there will be four of us plus our boyfriends Jim and Daniel’ she replied.

‘But I am not sure that I want to be seen as Emily by your boyfriends, I would be too embarrassed,’ I said.

‘There is no reason for you to be embarrassed, they both know all about your situation and were sympathetic to your plight. In fact they are keen to meet you,’ she said smiling.

‘No doubt they are anxious to have a good laugh at me,’ I said. ‘But you promised you would not tell anyone about me.’

‘We promised not to tell our respective parents, and in any event that only applied to Monday evening. The remainder of the week is an entirely different matter,’ she added.

‘Sorry but I think it will be better either for me not to come, or else to come as Chris. Perhaps I could hire a dinner suit?’

‘If you did so Jim and Daniel would still know that you have been working as a waitress all week,’ she said. ‘Please come along as Emily, you look so great dressed as a girl and we promise that the boys will make no jokes or snide comments at your expense or even refer to your true sex.’

Karen nodded.

‘What about Clare, won’t she prefer to have a male escort to even the numbers?’ I said rather lamely, half knowing what the answer would be.

‘Why do you think that? I'd far rather go out with you as Emily than as Chris any day,’ said Clare decisively, thereby squashing any last vestiges of my male ego. However, she then realised what she had done and smiled sweetly at me saying, ‘I am sure we will have a lot of fun getting you ready and then going dancing together afterwards.’

‘Please come as Emily! After all it's my 21st birthday and so you ought to humour me’ said Anne.

‘I don’t know Anne, I'll have to think about it over the next day or so before committing myself’ I said.


I'd been intending to get washed and changed back into Chris’s clothes after tea, but my three cousins persuaded me stay as I was for a while. Karen had brought home the pair of silicone breast forms from work, and wanted to know how they were affixed. I was therefore instructed to take off my top and bra and lie down on my back on the settee whilst my cousins placed each one in turn and drew a line in felt tipped pen around the edges. Next they affixed Velcro strips in a hash pattern around my nipples and finally a thin line of adhesive just inside each edge both on the forms and on my skin. After waiting a few minutes for the adhesive to cure, they carefully placed each of the breasts.

‘I trust these will come off alright afterwards’ I said to Karen, ‘remember I have to go out as Chris tomorrow.’

‘Don’t worry, there is a bottle of solvent for the adhesive, and then we'll be able to peel them off the Velcro strips. If you like, you can keep those strips in place until you need some breasts again on Friday.’

As soon as my breasts were firmly affixed I was asked to sit up, but instructed to hold them in place for a minute or so whilst the adhesive set. As I did so, Karen removed all traces of the guidelines together with any surplus adhesive from around the edges and disguised the join with my skin by using a flesh coloured foundation. Ann disappeared whilst this was happening, but returned carrying a couple of her garments, just in time to see me release my new breasts. They both flopped down, pulling my own skin into a cleavage as they did so. I looked at myself in the mirror and the final result was most impressive; they looked exactly like the real thing, and it was difficult to see where my own skin ended and they began. My three cousins were amazed by how realistic my breasts looked. They felt and seemed to move exactly as if they were real breasts, and it took me a little time to get used to putting on my bra again as they tended to move of their own accord. However, once my bra was in place and adjusted to my new shape, they felt more comfortable, although my centre of gravity had shifted and I tended to hold myself a little differently.

‘That’s great, now you'll be able to wear a low-cut dress on Saturday night. Here, try these on,’ said Anne offering me one of her tops, together with a tight black skirt to wear.

I did as I was told and found the top was rather low cut but the two garments showed off my newly acquired figure very well. I went out to the full-length mirror in the hallway to examine myself. With Jenny’s wig and my makeup still in place I again looked like a convincing and attractive young woman and felt great about it. My cousins joined me and once again I found myself to be the centre of attraction and admiration.

‘It's wonderful what a difference some silicone can make, Emily has suddenly acquired a noticeable cleavage and I'd defy anyone to know that it was not genuine,’ commented Karen.

‘Yes, she made a convincing girl beforehand, but this is an added bonus’ said Clare.

‘So how does it feel to be a ‘hot chick’ Emily?’ asked Anne, laughing.

I blushed and looked at the floor, but I think my cousins realised that I was quite pleased with my appearance. However, all good things must come to an end, and at nine o’clock I announced my intention to change back to Chris ready for the morning and asked for Karen’s help to remove the forms.

Karen and Anne expressed their disappointment.

‘Karen has made such a good job with your boobs, why don’t you leave them in place until tomorrow morning to show Jenny?’ suggested Clare. ‘We'll have all day to get you changed and go out shopping.’

I thought for a moment then agreed, quite pleased that I wouldn't have to lose my appendages so soon, and that someone else other than me had made the suggestion.

‘Alright then,’ I said, ‘as long as Anne doesn’t mind my borrowing her clothes for a little longer.’

‘Of course you may borrow them Emily,’ she replied smiling, ‘but remember I'll also be counting on you to wear something special for me on Saturday night.’

‘I still haven’t decided whether or not I am coming,’ I replied.


That night I had to lay on my back in bed, as that was the only position in which my new boobs felt comfortable. I remained awake for some time thinking about the different events of the last few days and trying to sort out in my own mind what I thought about them, and what I was going to do on Saturday evening. In some ways it would be nice to go out as Emily once again, as I enjoyed wearing makeup and having long hair, and I seemed to make a passable impersonation of a young woman. I also enjoyed the company of my three cousins and Jenny but then I wondered what Mum and Aunt Carol would think if they ever found out what I had been doing in their absence. Eventually I fell asleep without having decided what I wanted to do.

(Next time I make my mind up about Saturday)

up
255 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A Fortuitous Adventure: 5

Am guessing that Chris will choose to stat as Emily what with the ease with which he can be Emily.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I doth think he protest too much

Emily is really enjoying being one of the girls. It would be a great shame for this to end.
I think her aunt is on board with this, one down, one to go.

Cefin