Family Business Part 15

Printer-friendly version

“Mouse, I’m going to give you access to Eruption Communications satellite system. You should be able to monitor all cellphone calls coming and going from the US Marshal’s office.” Anika sits down at the dining room table where Mouse’s laptop was sitting.

Lilly, Zoey, US Marshal Weather, and Ashley didn’t know Mouse brought her laptop with her.

“How do you have access to a telecommunications companies satellite system?” Marshal Weather looks at Anika.

“Because I work there, and my brother owns it.” Anika looks at Marshal Weather when she responds to him.

Anika noticed that Mouse’s laptop was set up in British style. It was a good thing she had experience using British computer layouts. She logs onto Eruption’s computer system, after making sure the connection was secured. She goes through several systems checks before she gets to the one, she needed.

“Alright Mouse, your logged into Eruption’s Satellite system.” Anika gets up out of the chair, so Mouse could sit down.

“Thanks, Aunt Anika.” Mouse sits down at the table.

“Alright Marshal Weather, you’re going to call your contact and tell them you have found a new safe house and are heading towards it right now.” Gina looks at Marshal Weather.

“What’s the name of the place and where is it?” Marshal Weather knew his contact was going to ask.

“It’s Ray’s Gym and it’s located at 3425 Bush Hill Drive, Rose Hill, Va. If your contact, ask why you are heading there. Tell them that the person you are riding with Uncle’s owns it.”

“A truth buried within a lie. I like it.” Marshal Weather pulls his cellphone out and calls his contact.

Mouse locks onto the number Marshal Weather were calling. It was registered to the US Marshal service. The number itself belonged to an agent at the Department of Justice.

Department of Justice:
Agent Javon Woods was sitting at his desk wondering where Marshal Weather and the person he was protecting had disappeared too. He hasn’t heard anything from him in the last twenty-four hours. The SUV he had been driving had been found shot up on the side of Highway 395. According to the men that had been sent after him, Marshal Weather and the girl he was protecting had been last seen getting into a dark red Dodge Charger.

They were unable to provide him with the license plate because of how hard the rain had been coming down. All they knew is one minute they had the car in their sights and the next, it was gone. They traveled up and down the highway looking for it and several exits, but they have been unable to locate it.

As he is sitting there looking at a map on his computer screen, his cellphone starts ringing. He looks at the number and notices it was
Marshal’s Weather’s number. He picks up the phone and presses accept “Woods here, where are you Weather?”

Wolf Street:
“I’m on my way to a new location Woods. It seems whoever those mercs were that have been coming after me and the witness, found us again.” Weather watches as Mouse locks onto the cell signal.

“Are you and the witness okay?” Woods grabs a pen and paper.

“Yeah, we’re okay. A nice young woman pulled over and is giving us a lift to her Uncle’s place. I’m going to see if he’ll let us stay there until I get another vehicle.”

“Do you know where she is taking you?” Woods prepares to write the information down.

“Hey Angela, can you tell me where we are heading?” Marshal Weather looks towards Anika.

“My uncle has a place he just bought over off Bush Hill Drive in Rose Hill, Va. It’s some sort of gym.” Anika had changed her voice to sound a little dizzy.

Woods was writing down the information as he received it. He taps a few keys on his keyboard and finds a place called Ray’s Gym located on Bush Hill drive. According to the information, it had just been sold recently.

“Alright, call me when you arrive. I want to make sure you and the witness are safe. By the way, where are you now?”

“We’re on Interstate 95 heading towards state route 644.” Marshal Weather was looking at a map Gina brought up.

Gina showed me the location of the place and how to get there. She brought the location up on her tablet.

“Well, call me when you get there.” Woods brings up the location on his computer.

The men that had been sent after Marshal Weather was too far away to catch up. They were going to need some time to get to the location.

“I will. I don’t know how we keep being found.” Marshal Weather was playing it up. He watches as Mouse hacks into Woods’s cellphone. He was amazed at her talent.

“I think they have a person working with them here in the office. I’m going to snoop around and see if I can out who. You just be careful and get the witness to that location.” Woods knew he was going to need to work fast.

“I will. I’ll text you when we arrive.” Marshal Weather ends the call.

Mouse continues to monitor Woods’s cellphone. She watches on her screen as he leaves the building and heads several blocks away. She remotely turns on his camera to see what he was doing.

She watches as he pulls a simple-looking cellphone out hiding spot in his car. She locks onto his location and monitors for any signal leaving. She picks up the signal and intercepts the signal.

“He’s going to be at a place called Ray’s gym over off Bush Hill street in a few hours. I’ll text you when I know when he gets there. He’s traveling with the person who picked him and the witness up. Make sure no one survives.”

They hear the call end.

“Well, we know who the mole is now, and the bait has been set.” Gina looks at everyone.

Lilly, Zoey, and Ashley were concerned about everyone’s safety. Lilly looks at Gina “aren’t you worried things might now go your way?”

“Not really. We have surprise on our side because they think Marshal Weather and Zoey are going to be by themselves. They won’t be expecting all of them.” Gina motions to Hatter, Shade, and Dakota. She has decided to go as well and leave her aunt here to protect Marshal Weather and everyone else.

“Trust me, Lilly, Wraith has enough firepower to take on an armored car. There’s no way they can outrun him or outfight him. Plus, everyone that is going are trained assassins or trained fighters.” Dakota knew what everyone was capable of.

“I hope you are right.” Lilly still sounded doubtful.

“She is Lilly.” Anika places her hand on Lilly’s shoulder.

up
175 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

If you're going to fight,

Fight dirty! Cheat every chance you get! I forget the details, but some high-mucky-muck, after WW1, who found out that the U.S. was still intercepting foreign diplomatic signals, put a stop to it immediately with the pithy comment that "Gentlemen do not read other gentlemen's mail".

Of course, the other "gentlemen" were no such thing. That's part of the reason why the Japanese caught us with our pants down at Pearl Harbor.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I'm like Hatter "ohhh Goode a fight"

Samantha Heart's picture

This I am looking forward too. I LOVE a good Bounty family fight aginst the bad guys. Hatter might actually get to torcher someone her FAVORITE past time lol.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Easy peezy, not!

Jamie Lee's picture

Woods believes killing Chris, Zoey, and their driver will be a piece of cake. Unfortunately, the cake has teeth, rockets, knives, and guns. And have a bunch of experience using all of them.

What a shock it'll be when those mercs enter that gym, and run into a buzz saw. They all best hope they get killed or they'll learn the real meaning of pain.

Others have feelings too.