Family Business Part 9

Printer-friendly version

Mouse was the first one up. She looks over at Lilly, who had slept with her last night. She was lucky the covers covering the bed were huge because both had curled up under them. She manages to get out of bed without waking Lilly.

She had gone to bed in her favorite nightshirt and the lace panties she had worn. She steps into the master bathroom and takes a quick shower. She comes out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body.

She steps back into the master bedroom and starts getting dressed. She looks through her panty collection and finds the pair she was looking for. She slips them on and the bra she wore yesterday. After that, she slips on a pair of tights and a black t-shirt with the image of a flaming
Ghost Rider on the front of it. She slips on her comfortable shoes and grabs her purse.

She left the gun she pointed at Chris in the Charger. She didn’t think she needs to carry it. She writes a note telling Lilly where she went on the dresser.

Mouse walks out the front door of the townhouse. She looks up and down the street, trying to decide which way she wanted to go. She pulls her cellphone out “goggle, where’s the nearest donut shop?”

Three shops appear and Mouse spots the nearest one. It was within walking distance to the townhouse. She follows the directions on the screen as she walks down the sidewalk. She figured, since there wasn’t any food in the townhouse, she would buy some donuts, and if the place had coffee, some coffee as well.

The weather was nice outside. There was a little breeze coming off the water, that was across from the townhouse. She spots the donut shop before she got to it. It was called Heavenly Donut. The front windows were decorated with all sorts of images of different donuts.

Mouse walks inside and couldn’t believe the selection of fresh donuts on display. She could smell the donuts cooking in the back, behind the counter.

“Can I help you, ma’am?” Carol spotted an emo-color woman wearing a Ghost Rider t-shirt come into the shop.

“Yes, I would like to get a dozen donuts and if you have it, some coffee as well.” Mouse figures a dozen donuts should be enough.

“We have coffee and it comes in different sizes.” Carol watches the young woman standing in front of her.

“Let me get two medium coffees with three sugars and two vanilla french cremes in them and one extra-large coffee with a sugar and crème
packets on the side. Also, a medium-size orange juice as well. As for the donuts, two bear claws, two apple fritters, three Eclairs, three glazed and two chocolate donuts.” Mouse figures the selection she made would be enough.

Carol rings up the purchases. She noticed the young woman had a British accent to her speech.

“Your total comes to thirty-two dollars, ma’am.” Carol looks at the woman.

Mouse opens her purse and pulls out two twenties. She hands them to the young lady.

Carol accepts them and inputs the amount into the cash register. She pulls out the change “here you go, miss.” As she hands Mouse her change.

Mouse notices a tip jar sitting on the counter. She puts the change into the jar. She watches as the young woman walks off to prepare her order.

While Mouse watches the young woman fill her order. A young teenager comes walking into the donut store. The poor thing looked like they had bags under their eyes. Their hair was rough-looking. The clothes the poor thing had on, looked to be too big on them and unwashed.
There was a stench coming from him as well. The poor thing stood a few feet from her.

“Here you go, ma’am.” Carol's hands Mouse her order.

“Thank you.” Mouse accepts the order.

Carol looks at the young boy that came into the store. She felt sorry for him each time she saw him. She has seen him begging out on the streets either for money or for work.

Asher steps up to the counter and looks at Carol. She has always been nice to him “Carol, can I get a milk and a donut please?”

“It’s going to be two dollars, Asher.” Carol looks at Asher.

“Here’s what I got.” Asher pulls a dirty plastic sandwich bag out of his pocket filled with coins.

He empty’s the bag out on the counter. He hopes he has enough money because he hasn’t eaten anything in the past few days. No one would hire him to do any work.

Carol counts the money. Most of it was dirty pennies. There were a few dimes and nickels in the mix.

“You’re fifty cents short, Asher.” Carol looks at the poor boy.

“I got him covered.” Mouse was about to walk out of the shop.

She opens her purse and takes out some change she had. She hands it to Carol.

“Here you go.”

“Thank, you ma’am.” Asher looks at the strange hair colored woman.

“You’re welcome.” Mouse smiles at the young teenage boy.

She watches as Carol gives the teenage boy a bag with a donut and a small coffee cup filled with milk. She could tell she cared for the young man.

“Thank you.” Asher accepts the bag and coffee cup.

“You’re welcome.” Carol smiles at Asher.

Asher turns around and starts walking towards the front door. He couldn’t wait to take a bite of the donut inside the bag. He could tell Carol put an extra one in the bag for him. He walks out the door and was about to head to the park he slept at last night.

“Hey, if you’re not doing anything, I could use your help.” Mouse hopes the boy will come with her.

Asher stops and turns around to look at the multi-hair color hair woman. He noticed she had a big box of donuts and a drink carrier.

“Sure, what can I do for you, ma’am.” Asher walks over to her.

“Well, you can call me Mouse and if you could. Can you carry this drink carrier for me, please?” Mouse looks at the teenage boy.

“Sure.” Asher didn’t mind.

“Thanks.” Mouse hands the drink carrier to Asher.

Asher accepts the drink carrier. He looks at the woman and wonders who she was. He hasn’t seen her in this neighborhood before.
Mouse starts walking towards the townhouse. She glances at the boy as they walk down the sidewalk.

“So, tell me a little about yourself. Are you from this neighborhood?” Mouse was curious about the young man.

“No ma’am. I use to live in Maryland. I did some work for a person a month ago and he dropped me off here.”

“Did you try to call your parents or friends?” Mouse looks at the young man.

“My father doesn’t want to have anything to do with me and I don’t have many friends.”

“How about your mother? Doesn’t she care?”

“She left me and my father when I was just six years old. All she and my father did was argue all the time. Sometimes, she would blame me for
ruining her life.” Asher was trying to hold back the tears threatening to come out.

“Why doesn’t your father want to help you?”

Asher looks at Mouse as they continue to walk towards the townhouse. There must be a reason Asher’s father didn’t want him and she’s hoping she is wrong.

“He came home and caught me wearing lingerie and wearing makeup. I was making money online doing porn. I was trying to help my father with all the bills we had.”

“By making porn movies?” Mouse was surprised at what Asher admitted.

“I tried to do side jobs around the neighborhood and part-time work at a grocery store. The money wasn’t enough. No matter how much money
I made, we never had enough. So, a friend of mine said that he made a lot of money doing live web movies.”

“So, you decided to follow in his footsteps.”

“I did a few scenes with him at his place and made more money in a few days than I would in a week.” Asher was hesitant at first to do gay scenes with his friend.

“So, you decided to do your site?”

“Yes ma’am. I figure could make enough money to help my father with our bills.”

“Did you tell your father this?”

“I tried too, but he picked me up while I was dressed and tossed me out into the front yard. When I tried to go back inside the house, he punched me in the face. He said I was dead to him and that he never wanted to see me again.”

“So, you have been living on the streets since then?”

“Yes ma’am. I’ve been doing what I have to do to live?” Asher hated to admit what he has done.

Mouse stops in front of the townhouse and looks at Asher “why don’t you come inside with me. You don’t need to live on the streets anymore.”
Asher looks at Mouse and wonders if she had another agenda. He’s learned not to trust people like he used to.

“What is in it for you? No one goes around helping people like you are offering without getting something out of it.” Asher looks at Mouse with a suspicious look on his face.

“You know, someone like you just recently said something similar to me. I’ll tell you the same thing I told her. I used to live on the streets of London, but I was rescued by a Countess.”

Asher just looks at Mouse. He wants to get off the streets.

“You don’t have a problem with me wearing women lingerie?” Asher enjoyed wearing women's clothes.

“Well, I’m hoping you enjoy wearing more than women lingerie.” Mouse smiles at Asher.

“I do.”

“Well, let’s go inside so I can introduce you to some friends of mine.” Mouse starts walking towards the front door of the townhouse.
Asher follows behind Mouse as they headed towards a nice townhouse.

up
188 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Mouse is

A collector of lost souls. Will she find Ascher a home in the US or are they going to accompany Mouse and perhaps Lilly to the UK? What kind of complications will their being a minor cause?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Mouse loves helping people

Samantha Heart's picture

In strange & unusual cernstances especially those on the street. She was there once & i think she feels she can help those she comes across that want the help. Asher & Lilly especially.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Been there, done that, and know the needs

Jamie Lee's picture

Mouse took a risk leaving that safe house, not knowing exactly who's after Chris and Zoey.

Asher doesn't know how fortunate he is in running into Mouse. Having been there, she knows how Asher's been living, and the dangers of that life. And she just might be the one who helps him onto a new path.

Others have feelings too.