A Visitor to The Bounty’s Ranch

Printer-friendly version

Rae blocks an attack from the creature that the Sorcerer Null summoned to attack her. She blocks the claw attack with her magically enchanted swords as she defends against the creature. She twirls her sword in her right hand and slices the creature across his chest. Lightning flashes overhead as her sword bites into the thick rubbery skin of the creature.

“Didn’t like that, did you?” Rae swings her other sword towards the creature and chops his arm off.

She defends against the creature as he swings his other arm at her with his claws extended. She parries the attack but gets hit from behind.
Another creature had been summoned and now she was facing off against two of them. She raises her right sword towards the sky and it glows bright blue as a thunderbolt comes from the sky. It strikes the first creature she cut their arm off.

She parries an attack from the secondary creature as she summons a thunderbolt again. Her hair stands on end as she directs the thunderbolt towards the second creature. She watches as the thunderbolt hits the creature.

She starts running towards Sorcerer Null’s fortress. She wants revenge for what he did to her. The bastard changed his body from male to female, thinking it would be easier to defeat him. Also, Null figured that changing his gender, it would cause his magic to be weaker. The magic
here wasn’t as strong for women, as it was for men.

Rae dodges as several arrows come flying towards her. She throws up a shield as more arrows follow behind the first volley. The arrows bounce off her shield, as she continues towards the fortress. As she gets closer to the main entrance of the fortress. She pulls a mystic hand grenade from her pouch and ignites the fuse.

She tosses the handmade hand grenade towards the door of the fortress and protects herself. The mystic hand grenade goes off and causes the door to disappear. She rushes inside and is met by several people dressed all in black.

“SHIT!” As she twirls her swords and prepares for their surprises.

Everything around her goes dark. She could feel their presence surround her. Null might have turned her into a female, but he forgot that women have an enhanced sense of smell. She concentrates on how they smell as she cautiously moves forward.

She feels smells several of the men to her right and left. She listens carefully and reacts just in time as several swords come out of nowhere and block them. She summons the lightning from outside to her and causes it to crisscross across the floor. It lights up her opponents just enough for her to spring forward and start cutting them down.

She was the daughter of the god of the sky and the daughter of a druid. Null may have changed her body into what it is now, but he forgot to remove her connections to the elements she was born with. Once she has cut down all the night assassins. She slowly moves forward.

Rae knows Null’s fortress had all sorts of traps and tricks in it. She moves into another room and is attacked by arrows falling from the ceiling. Several of them bounce off her cloak and the hood covering her head. The mystical spell she enchanted her cloak with was protecting her.

She manages to find a safe route through the room and avoid a lot of the traps. She looks at the door blocking her access to the staircase she needed to go up. She places her hand on it and could feel it was protected by magic.

She reaches into her bag of tricks and pulls out a glass sphere filled with glowing bugs inside it. She shakes the glass sphere to agitate the creatures inside the glass sphere. She tosses the glass sphere against the door and watches as it shatters “have fun fellows.”

The glowing little bugs attack the door and start munching on the wood. There are sparks as the bugs devour the magical energies as well. Rae watches as the bugs have fun eating the wood and devouring the bugs. She knew their unique properties would neutralize the magical enchantment placed on the door to devour the wood it was made of.

Once the door had a hole big enough for her to jump through, she jumps through and starts climbing the stairs that lead up to Null’s quarters. Along the way, she faces off with various creatures, traps, and booby traps.

By the time she reaches the floor Null was on, she notices he was in the middle of opening a portal. As the portal was forming, he turns around and smile at Rae “you’re too late, wench! It is time for you to die!”

“I don’t think so.” Rae throws one of her swords directly at Null and summons the lightning building outside.

The lightning blast through a nearby wall and strikes her sword. Null loses control of the spell that allowed him to direct where the portal went. Lightning dances all over the room as more of the strange blue lightning fill the room. The next thing Rae knows, she is blown off her feet and drawn into the portal.

As she is flying by Null’s brunt body, she grabs her sword and tries to stop herself from being drawn into the portal, but the strength of the suction, sucking her into the portal is too strong. It sucks her and the sword she was holding onto, as the fortress she was in is destroyed by the suction as well.

Jack Bounty’s Ranch:
Debbie looks outside through a nearby window “I have never seen the weather around here this bad.”

“I know, I’ve lived here most of my life and I haven’t seen weather like this.” Jack was standing next to his wife and looking outside.

The Learjets were in the hangar and protected. Jack’s hummer and his wife’s truck were protected as well. He knew their daughters and their family have taken precautions as well.

Jack looks at the blue lightning that was dancing in the sky over his place. He has never seen blue lightning before and he could tell the wind was picking up outside as well. He was worried about his wolves. They didn’t come back to the main house, which meant they were either taking shelter in the barn or the artificial cave he had made for them near the back of the property.

Cheshire walks into the living room and over to Jack and Debbie. She and her family decided to visit Jack. She was still a little peeved that Catlin and Krisha had gone behind her back and got married in Paris, France.

On top of that, she was trying to figure out why her family had choker collars around their necks or bracelets with a cat head on them. She knew it had to do with her being visited by the cat goddess. Even her appearance had been changed some, just like Jack’s had.

As the three of them are standing there, Lien comes walking into the room. She was feeling scared and wanted to be with her grandmother. She grabs Cheshire’s hand and holds onto it.

Cheshire looks down at Lien “feeling scared, little monkey?”

Lien nods her head yes and steps closer to her grandmother. She felt safe being near her grandmother. She knew nothing could hurt her while
she was with her.

A smile appears on Cheshire’s face. She knew Lien still suffered from the sexual abuse she was forced to endure. She also has noticed that Lien has changed some. She wants to know why her family was given the chokers, ring, and bracelet like the one around Lien’s forearm.

The three of them watch as the sky lights up with blue lightning. There are several times when the flash of lightning was bright, it lit the area around Jack’s ranch and the highway that ran in front of Jack’s property.

“Something is not right with this lightning.” Debbie was worried.

Jack could sense his wife’s fear. He has never known her to get as scared as she is feeling now. There is a loud boom that rattles the house, followed by a bright flash that blinds everyone.

Outside Near the Hangar:

Chaos was standing out in the field between the house and the hangar. All the other wolves were in the barn taking cover, except for him. He doesn’t flinch when several sounds of thunder go off directly overhead of the property.

There is a loud booming sound, followed by a bright flash of lightning. Chaos is knocked over by a female form hitting his massive body. It lays where Chaos had been standing. He stands up and walks cautiously over to the unconscious form.

He sniffs the unconscious person and turns around and runs towards the house. He heads towards the front of the house and bumps against the front door.

“What was that?” Cheshire was still seeing stars floating in front of her.

“I don’t know, but I’m seeing spots.” Debbie was seeing spots in her vision.

Jack felt Chaos’s presence at the front door. He was still seeing spots as well.

“I’ll be back.” Jack walks towards the front door and opens it.

Chaos jumps towards Jack and turns to get him to follow him. He leaps off the porch and runs towards the unconscious form.

“I’ll be back,” Jack calls back to his wife and Cheshire.

Jack chases after Chaos towards the field between the house and the hangar. He spots Chaos standing near a body lying on the ground face first. Jack kneels next to the strangely dressed form and turns them over. The person was female and had pink hair. There had been a leather cloak with a hood covering the person.

The person looked to be human but was dressed strangely. She had a dark leather bag slung across her chest. Two swords were laying nearby with some strange Arabic writing lining the blade. The swords themselves look to be made of some sort of metal that is transparent.

Jack picks the swords and the woman up off the ground. He notices that the blue lightning that had been dancing up in the clouds had disappeared. Jack wonders if it had something to do with this person.

Jack carries the person towards the house. He notices she wasn’t very big and didn’t weigh a lot. If he had to guess, he would say that she was about Gina’s height and weight. He has been all over the world and has never seen anyone dressed like her before. If nothing else, the way she is dressed reminds him of the way they use to dress during the Middle Ages.

Cheshire and Debbie had stepped out on the front porch when Jack left. They wonder why Chaos came and got Jack. They watched as Jack appears from beside the house carrying someone in his arms.

“Who’s the person?” Cheshire was curious.

“I have no idea. Chaos led me to her out in the field between here and the hangar.” Jack walks into the house with the unknown woman.

Debbie and Cheshire noticed the way the woman was dressed and the swords in Jack’s hands. Neither one of them have ever seen swords like the ones Jack was carrying. They follow him upstairs to one of the spare bedrooms and move the covers aside.

“Here, let us undress her, Jack.” Debbie steps towards the side of the bed.

Cheshire moves next to Debbie and starts removing the clothes the woman was wearing. They weren’t complicated. If nothing else, the clothes were of simple design. Even the bra and underwear the woman was wearing looked to be of an older design. When she was completely
undressed. Cheshire and Debbie noticed the numerous scars on her body.

Some were old and some looked to be fairly new. They also noticed scars left on her back from what looked like were made by a whip of some sort. Her back, buttocks, and legs were covered in them.

“I wonder how this happened to this poor girl.” Debbie was guessing that this woman was around Julia and Tizzy’s age.

“I would like to know where she came from. Look here, her pubic hair is the same color as her hair and the hair in her armpits. Pink hair isn’t a normal color for a person. Also, she has purple eyes as well.” Cheshire had checked her pupils. She noticed the girl's eye color was purple.

“Well, where ever she came from, she’s a guest here.” Debbie makes sure the woman was comfortable.

She knew Jack took the woman’s swords and put them in their armory for now. Any weapons the woman might have been on her, were put in the leather bag she had slung across her body and that was put in the armory as well.

Debbie and Cheshire leave the room. Cheshire looks at Debbie “I have never seen anything like she was wearing except in museums in Europe.”

“I know, I wonder where she came from?” Debbie was curious.

“Well, we can get her fingerprints and facial features and run her through every database we have access to.”

“I’ll leave that to you and Jack. I need to check on the twins and see how they are doing.” Debbie goes to check on the kids.

Cheshire meets back up with Jack in his home office. She had the woman’s fingerprints and facial scans.

“Can you run these?”

“I’ll send them to Morgana and her people.” Jack sends the fingerprints and photo to Morgana, so she can run them.

Cheshire sits down in the chair across from Jack “how’s Julia doing?”

“She’s still recovering. Right now, she is on desk duty until she is fully healed.” Jack knew Julia hated desk duty.

“I feel sorry for her Jack. Being a cop is all she has ever wanted.” Cheshire knew Julia has always wanted to be a cop. She was driven to help people who have been abused and mistreated as she and Gina had been.

“I know. There might be some help for her. Remember that Morgana just to be restricted to her wheelchair, because of the accident she had been in because of her father?” Jack was surprised when he learned that Morgana was walking around now.

“Yeah, she had nerve damage in her spine. What has changed?” Cheshire was curious now.

“Morgana underwent some experimental treatment using nanites. Now she walks around and moves like everyone else. According to Bart, his wife Charlotte helped with the process. I was thinking maybe the same thing could be done to help Julia.”

“Where did Morgana get the nanites? I thought they were still being developed by Generic Pharmaceutics?” Cheshire knew several medical
companies were working on the idea of nanites. The only company she knew who did it was a company in China.

“One of her other clients gave them to her. She has the capabilities of making more, but they take time.” Jack knew right now that was all they had.

“Will Charlotte be willing to help Julia?” Cheshire knew Bart’s wife and knew she was a top-notch doctor.

“I think Charlotte will do it. He also said that there’s a new drug out on the street called Blue Lace. It turns males into fully functional females. Not only that, you can program the nanites inside of the drug to turn anyone you know into a double of them. His daughters had clones made of them.”

“Damn, where is this stuff coming from?” Cheshire was shocked to hear about this drug.

“Some were down in South America or Brazil. No one knows for sure, but what is known about the drug, it can turn any male into a female child up to a full adult woman. Bart is guessing it uses the DNA in your genetic makeup to change you.”

“What does it do to women who take it or are given it?” Cheshire knew a few women that would love to relive their lives.

“He said that if a natural woman gets injected with it, it makes them horny as hell. So, I’m guessing you don’t want to be injected with it.”

“I wonder if that leader of that one Werecat tribe might know something about this drug?” Cheshire was thinking about the Montana clan that wasn’t far from Jack’s ranch.

“You can ask him.” Jack knew who Cheshire was talking about.

Later in the evening, Selina, Alyona, Silva, and Debbie fix dinner for the whole family. Julia and her family, except Haylee come over. So, do Gina and her family, including her new daughter. Misty was still getting used to how many people there were.

Cheshire helps out as well. She makes sure her other two girls help with cleaning up afterward. She notices that Cadmus stayed near Misty. She learned from Debbie that the poor girl was slightly color blind. She had a hard time telling the subtle differences between blues and yellows. Plus, she was blind as a bat without her glasses.

For the next few days, Debbie, Selina, and Cheshire check on their mysterious guest. Jack is informed that the woman wasn’t in any databases at all. She has checked and triple check every database she and her people can access.

Jack shows the swords and other weapons they removed from the woman to Cheshire. Even Cheshire has never seen a sword that was transparent before. Even the Arabic writing on the swords was a dialect neither one of them have seen before.

Middle of the Night on the Third Day:
Rae wakes up and sits up startled and confused. The last thing she could recall was being sucked into the portal she managed to destabilize by killing Null. The covers covering her body had pooled around her torso. She notices she was wearing a dark blue nightgown someone put on her.

The room was dark, except for a light coming from a small spot to the left of the bed. Her whole body hurt. She looks around looking for her gear. She spots her clothes laying across the top of a weird-looking chair. She gets out of bed and finds a pair of slippers on the left-hand side of the bed on the floor. She waves her hand over them to see if they were magical or magically enchanted.

She slips her small feet into them and discovered they fit her feet perfectly. She opens the door and laying across the entrance of the door was a huge black wolf. She has never seen a wolf so big before. She stops and hopes it doesn’t attack her.

Chaos has been guarding the door of the strange woman’s room for the past three days. He looks up at the door when it opens and the woman was standing there. He could smell that she was concerned about him. He gets up and moves, to let her out.

Rae watches as the huge wolf gets up to let her out of the room. She looks out into what seemed to be a hallway and notices lights up in the ceiling of the hallway. She steps out of the room and nothing happens to her.

Rae looks at the wolf “brother, where am I?”

“You’re safe in my pack leader’s home. Come with me.” Chaos normally only talks with the small human that was the cub of his alpha’s daughter.

Chaos leads Rae downstairs and towards Jack’s home office. He unlocks the door with his teeth and walks into the room. He spots his alpha sitting at his desk looking at the strange box on his desk.

Jack was looking at some figures from his accountant when his office door opens. He knew Chaos could turn the door knob with his teeth. He watches as Chaos walks into his office, followed by the pink-haired woman.

Rae walks into the room and spots a huge man with short black hair. He was sitting behind a wooden desk and looked like he was looking at a small box on his desk. She looks around the room as she walks into it and notices it had bookcases filled with books and pictures up on the wall.
The pictures looked weird to her. They looked so life-like.

“I see you have finally woken up. How are you feeling?” Jack wonders if the young woman understands him.

Rae looks at the man speaking to her, but she didn’t understand what he was saying. She mumbles some words and she catches the last four words “how are you feeling?”

“Sore and tried. Where am I? and who are you?” Rae hopes the words came out right.

Jack had heard the woman mumble some words and afterward, the confused look on her face changed. Does he wonder what she just did?

“Well, I don’t know why you are sore, but you are in my home as my guest. As for who I am, I am Jack Bounty. Who might you be?” Jack watches the young woman. The clothes Gina kept at the house seemed to fit her slim, petite body.

“I am Rae, daughter of the goddess Astrape and daughter of the druid Mug Ruith.” Rae looks at Jack with her magical sight and could tell he has been kissed by death. He also carried the spirit of the wolf inside of him.

“Well Rae, please have a seat.” Jack motions towards the huge leather chair in front of his desk.

Rae walks over and tentatively touches the chair, to see if it was booby-trapped. She sits down on the cool leather surface and slides back against the back of the chair. When she looks into Jack’s eyes, she saw a set of golden wolf eyes looking back at her.

Jack watched Rae as she sat down in the chair. He could tell she was being cautious. He wonders what would cause someone to be that cautious.

“Rae, I don’t know what your life was like before you arrived here. But I can tell you no one in this house means you any harm. You are safe and protected here. Now, why don’t you tell me a little bit about yourself and how you ended on my land?”

“Before I tell you about myself, would it be a bother to ask for some food and something to drink?” Rae was feeling hungry and thirsty.

A smile appears on Jack’s face “let me go and make you a sandwich and grab you something to drink.”

Jack gets up and walks out of his office and towards the kitchen. He pulls some luncheon meats out of the refrigerator and makes Rae a nice
sandwich. He also pours a glass of milk for her. He doesn’t know if she is allergic to dairy or not.

Rae just sits in the leather chair and looks around the room. The spell she used on herself, allowed her to read, speak and understand the language she was hearing. She saw what some of the books were, but didn’t understand what they meant. She saw various items that were confusing to her.

After a short period, Jack returns with a nice sandwich with potato chips on the side. He was carrying everything on a tray Rae could set across her lap.

“Here you go, Rae. One Jack Bounty special. I hope you don’t mind the milk. I figure you could use it.” He sets the tray on Rae’s lap.

Rae looks at the sandwich, the strange chips, and the glass of milk. She looks up at Jack and “thank you.”

“You’re welcome, enjoy.” Jack walks around his desk and sits back down in his chair.

Rae picks the sandwich up and takes a small bite of it. She could identify poisons and such. She didn’t pick any up. She takes a bigger bite and boy did she like it. A low moan escapes from her lips.

“Thought you might like it.” Jack was pleased with himself. A smile appears on his hardened face.

Rae couldn’t stop eating the sandwich. Her body loved whatever veggies were on it and the spices she tasted. She has never tasted anything so good. She tries the potato chips and loved how they crunched. They were different from anything she has ever had in her village.

She tries the milk and it tasted different, nothing like the milk she has ever had, but it was nice and refreshing. She wonders how he managed to do that. She drinks down all the milk and looks at Jack “can I have another sandwich and more milk, please?”

Jack just smirks “sure.” Jacks get up and take the tray back into the kitchen and fixes Rae another sandwich, he puts more potato chips on it and refills the glass.

He walks back into his office and places the tray on Rae’s lap again. Afterward, he walks around to his chair and sits down. He watches as she bites into the sandwich again and moans.

Rae finishes off the food and milk and felt stuffed. She has never had such a delicious sandwich before. She looks at Jack “thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Now that you are full, would you mind telling me a little about yourself and how you ended up on my land?”

“I don’t know if you’ll believe me or not.” Rae wonder what type of man Mr. bounty was.

“Try me.” Jack presses the record app on his cellphone.

“Okay, my name is Rae and I am from the village of Avimería. I’m the daughter of the goddess Astrape and daughter of the druid Mug Ruith.”

“What do you mean you are the daughter of the goddess Astrape?” Jack was curious.

“It means my mother was a goddess and my father was the druid Mug Ruith. He was a respected elder of the village I came from. I wasn’t born a woman. I use to be a warrior of the Sons of Thunder. Our mission was to protect our villages and the other villages around us.”

“Okay, so who were you supposed to protect your villages and the other villages?”

“Where I come from, we have what is called nomads and raiders that attack and take what they want from our villages. That includes our women as well.”

“Okay, go on.” Jack wanted to learn more about Rae.

“Well, the raiders that attack my village were led by the Sorcerer Null. He was a cruel and crazy sorcerer that was crazed in power. He wanted to be more powerful than the other sorcerers in my world. So, he would use demons and creatures from hell. Other times he would take prisoners he had captured and transform them into mindless creatures.”

“So, why didn’t he do that to you?” Jack figured that there had to be a reason he turned Rae into a woman.

“Because he had figured if he turned me into a woman, I wouldn’t be able to fight back. Women in my world can’t weld magical energies as well
as men. So, we thought. We never knew that women were a lot stronger with magic, than men were.”

“Let me guess, you found this out after he turned you?”

“Yes. But not before he let his demon captain have his way with me. He enjoyed torturing women to feed on their fears, pain, and angst.” Rae shivers just from what was done to her.

“So, that explains the scars me and my partner saw on your body. How did you manage to escape from this demon?”

“There was one mistake Null made when he changed me. I am the offspring of a god and a druid. That means unless you stripe me of my god blood. I retain the gifts given to me by my goddess mother.”

“Which meant Null made a tactical error. He should have stripped you of your God-given gifts.” Jack could see how that would be helpful.

“Exactly! After I escaped, I teamed up with members of my former team and we fought at Null’s fortress. I lost many friends on the road to vengeance, but I knew it was my job to kill Null. When I caught up to him and fought my way through his deadly fortress. He was in the process of opening a mystical portal to whisk him away.”

“And I take it, that the portal is why you are here?” Jack wonders what the portal did.

“Yes, when I killed Null. It caused the portal to go wild and I got sucked into it. The last thing I remember is hitting something solid and blacking out.”

“Do portals from your world generate blueish color lightning?”

“Yes, why?” Rae was curious now.

“Because your blue lightning appeared here over my property and beyond.” Jack knew it went past the highway that ran in front of his property.

“That is strange. The portal needs a person to direct where it needs to appear. Portal can go crazy and sometimes deposit people outside the region where the creator wanted it to go.”

“Are portals able to transport a person to another universe or world?”

“To another dimension would require a lot of magical energies. There was no way Null could summon enough energy to do that.” Rae was sure of that statement.

“Could you have caused his portal to gain enough energy to do it?” Jack wonders if this portal feed off of Rae.

“It’s possible, but I can’t channel that much power. You’re talking about the power that hasn’t been seen since the old times before my world was raged by war.”

“So, somehow this Null figured managed to generate this power and send you away from your world. Is it within your ability to harness enough power to return to your world?” Jack was curious if she could.

“No, the magical energies here are too weak. I could generate portals to take me places, but not long distances. Even with my godling abilities, I am still too weak to do what I use to do.”

“So, you can’t return home?”

“No, and even if I did. There isn’t anything for me to return to. My village was destroyed and my world is dying. What magical energies it once
had is being used up.”

“That’s too bad. You’re welcome to stay here as my guest until you decide what you will like to do.” Jack knew Debbie would make the same offer.

“Thank you. I do have some questions for you. When you found me, did I have two swords and a leather satchel with me?” Rae wonders where her weapons and leather satchel were.

“Your weapons and satchel are in my armory for safekeeping. If you would like to remove any weapons, we put in your satchel, I will allow that. As for your swords, they will remain in the armory unless you need them.”

“How am I to defend myself?” Rae didn’t like people telling her she couldn’t have her swords.

“As I said, you are safe here. Should you need them, I’ll make sure you get them back.” Jack wasn’t going to have anyone with weapons around his grandkids.

“What makes you so sure this place is safe?” Rae was curious.

“Because every time someone has attacked my home or trespassed on my property. They have been either buried or became wolf chow.” Jack
knew attacking his family or home was a huge mistake.

“By just that one wolf?” Rae points towards Chaos.

A smirk on Jack’s face “him and twelve other wolves that he has sired. Also, by me and my family and partner.”

Rae got an eerie feeling from Jack. She just felt the power he gave off and looking into his eyes she discovered that death could be seen.

“You said you had another question to ask me.” Jack saw the look on Rae’s face when she looked into his eyes.

“How do you power this house? I don’t sense any magic here, but yet you have heat, lights, and such.”

“Where your place was based on magic, my world is based on science and technology. Magic is something that people find in fantasy novels.
However, I have been around for a long time and I know it's real. I also know there are things and creatures in this world that even I use to think were just myths.”

Rae covers up a yawn.

“I think you should go back to bed, Rae. Breakfast is normally served around seven, but Selina doesn’t mind making breakfast for people.”

“I think you are right. Do you mind if I learn from you what your world is like?” Rae covers up another yawn.

“Ask me that question again after you have been here for a while. Now off to bed young lady.” Jack treats Rae like he does his daughters and grandkids.

“Yes sir.” Rae gets up and heads back upstairs to her bedroom.

Two Weeks Later:
“Hey, Rae, duck.” Haylee throws a water balloon at Rae.

Rae turns around and gets hit right in the chest with a water balloon. She picks up a water balloon from her basket and tosses it at Haylee. She manages to hit Haylee with the water balloon.

Ever since she arrived, Mr. and Mrs. Bounty have given her access to their library. She made good use of the library and learned a few new languages as well. Arabella taught her how to use a computer. That helped her out a lot as well.

Gina and Silva took her clothes shopping and she was amazed at how Earth clothes were made. No one in her world would be anything so skimpy, except high-class women and women of the night. The swimsuit she had on was called a bikini. Gina had her try it on and it fit her body very nicely.

Mr. Bounty managed to establish her in their government system. He informed her, that if she went about helping people. The authorities would give her a problem. So, he registered her as a special agent with Gina’s new company.

Jack and Debbie on paper adopted her as one of their daughters. That way, she would be covered and protected by the family name and by his reputation. She was a little concerned by the offer Jack and Debbie were offering her, but in the end, she accepted it.

Jack, Debbie, and Cheshire watch as the girls and the grandkids throw water balloons at each other. They were also firing super squirters at each other and the wolves.

“They look like they are having fun.” Cheshire watches as Tizzy gets chased by her husband, Lien, and Misty.

“That they do.” Debbie was watching the twins in the kitty pool.

Jack looks at Cheshire and couldn’t help noticing that she was concealing something. He knew her better than anyone.

“Out with it, Cheshire.” Jack looks at his best friend.

“I can’t hide anything from you, can I?” Cheshire knew hiding anything from Jack wasn’t possible.

Debbie just smiled, because she saw Tizzy running towards the bathroom this morning. She knew what that meant because she went through it.

“This goes no further. I don’t want to spoil Tizzy’s good news.”

“No need to say anything else.” A smile appears on Jack’s face.

Just as Jack says those words, he gets hit in the face by a stream of water from a squirt gun from Misty. Jack turns and looks directly at Misty. He just smiles at her as he starts chasing after her.

“Sometimes, I think Jack is the biggest kid around.” Debbie watches her husband chase after their newest granddaughter.

“I know he loves kids and you.” Cheshire knew how much Jack loved Debbie and she knew how much he loved her as well.

“And you, Cheshire. I’m not blind. I’ve seen how he looks at you and reacts around you. That’s why I’m glad you and your family are part of this family.” Debbie hugs Cheshire.

For the rest of the day, Jack and the rest of the family have fun and a huge barbecue in the evening.

Rae 2.jpg
Rae
up
142 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A new chapter

Samantha Heart's picture

In the life of Jack Bounty. A person form another demention appears from a portal on Jack's land & Chaios is ok with her. Normally he doesn't like people just dropping in on him (in this case litterly on TOP of him ) she & he can understand each other a nice ability to have.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

This opens up a whole new story

Julia Miller's picture

It looks like Rae has literally dropped in from an alternate reality or some medieval earth past. It doesn't look like she will be able to return to her original plane of existence, so she is stuck in our reality now. I am sure a magical girl can come in handy, but we will see where she ends up. She could work for Jack in many roles. I am sure we will be hearing more from her in the future.

But,

What's a fox like her going to do amongst all those wolves? ;-)


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin