Family Business Part 7

Printer-friendly version

Mouse glances up at her rearview mirror and notices two black SUVs were following her. She had gotten a few miles down the highway. When she noticed they were being followed, after picking up the man and teenage girl.

She steps on the gas pedal and increases her speed. She watches as the SUVs she spotted increase their speed as well. She looks ahead and spots two eighteen-wheelers and several other SUVs. She speeds between the two eighteen-wheelers and zig and zag between the other cars. She drops back, so she is hidden by the eighteen-wheelers.

“Mouse, what’s going on?” Lilly had noticed how Mouse was driving.

“We’ve picked up some unwanted visitors.” Mouse glances towards Chris when she says that.

Mouse drops back, so she is behind the eighteen-wheelers and slides over to get behind the SUV. It was a good thing her mother made her take an offensive and defensive drivers’ course before she got her driver’s license. She spots the two SUVs up ahead of her.

“Hold on, everybody.” Mouse stays behind the SUVs, so they don’t see her.

Her uncle’s car had a few special surprises built into it, but she didn’t want to use them right now. She watches as the SUVs speed ahead of her. She would do more to them, but she didn’t want to endanger her friend or the young girl sitting behind her.

She gets off the highway at the next exit and heads towards the Hardee’s she spotted from the highway. She pulls into the parking lot and
parks on the other side of an Rv. Once she was parked, Mouse looks at Chris with her weapon in her hand “now, tell me why those SUVs were following us?”

Chris looks at Mouse as she pointed her gun at him. He saw how she handled herself with the people following him.

“They are mercenaries that were hired to kill me and the witness I am protecting. I’m a US Marshal.”

“Show me your credentials.” Mouse didn’t like being lied to.

Chris reaches for his wallet, in his back pocket.

“Slowly.” Mouse had her gun pointed at him.

“Easy, Mouse. I’m just getting my wallet.” Chris pulls his wallet out and opens it. He shows his badge and identification card to Mouse.

Lilly watches from the back seat. She notices that Zoey was sound asleep next to her. She also didn’t know Mouse carried a gun.

Mouse takes her cellphone out and takes a picture of the id of Chris. She calls Morgana at Camelot Network Solutions.

Camelot Network Solution:
Morgana was busy breaking into another system that belonged to the Hunter’s when her private line rings. She transfers the call to her computer system “hello?”

“Hey, Morgana it's Mouse. Can you verify a person for me?”

“Sure, send me the information.” Morgana splits the screen to receive the info.

Hardee’s Parking Lot:
Mouse sends the information from her cellphone to Morgana. She waits while Morgana does the research. She watches Chris and figures her trip to Washington D.C. was now spoiled.

Her cellphone beeps letting her know the information was coming through. Mouse looks at the information and notices that everything Chris told her was true. He is a US Marshal and was assigned to protect an important witness by the name of Zoey Douglass.

Mouse puts her gun away and sends a text message to Morgana telling her thanks. She looks at Chris “you know how to spoil a girl’s vacation.”

“Sorry.”

“Now what are we going to do?” Lilly looks at Mouse.

“I’ll call my aunt and see if my uncle has a safe house near our location and head there.” Mouse dials her aunt Anika’s number.

Anika’s Townhouse:
Anika was sitting in the rocking chair Aylin bought for her at an antique store. She also bought a nice crib for her little sister. She looks down at Kiera as she held her. She was a little fussy, but she finally managed to put her asleep.

Anika gets up and lays Kiera down in her crib. Just as she lays Kiera down to sleep. Her cellphone starts ringing. She pulls it out of her pocket and notices it was Mouse’s number.

“Hi Mouse, what can I do for you?” Anika wonders why Mouse was calling her.

“I need one of Uncle Jack’s safe house locations.” Mouse couldn’t believe her vacation was ruined.

“Do I want to know why?” Anika wonders why Mouse needs one of her uncle’s safe house locations.

“It would take time to explain, Aunt Anika. But it does involve a US Marshal and his witness.”

“Alright, if you can make it to Alexandria, Va. There are three safe houses you can use. One is in downtown Alexandria that you can use.”

“Alright, send me the address to that one. I should be able to make it there.” Mouse figures she could avoid the goons looking for Chris and Zoey.

“I’m sending the information now. Let me know when you arrive, so I can give you my access code.” Anika knew Mouse wasn’t in her brother’s system yet.

“Alright.” Mouse ends the call.

“So, no museums?” Lilly was kind of disappointed.

“No museums.” Mouse starts the Charger and programs the location for Alexandria, Va.

She pulls out of the parking space and heads towards Alexandria.

up
187 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Of all things to spoil a vacation

Samantha Heart's picture

It HAD to be mercenaries out to kill a US Marshall & his witness.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Cause it's such a common thing

Everybody knows how dangerous it is in the U S. All the police are murderous thugs, the judges are corrupt, the civilians are gun-toting redneck MAGA-supporters, and the politicians are ultrarightwing Atilla the Huns.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive