A Muddy Mess - 4 Danica Sightings

Printer-friendly version


A Muddy Mess - 4
Danica Sightings


By Jessica C


A twelve-year-old boy makes a muddy mess of himself…
Stopped for help; bad boy makes it worse…
Time has passed; Tim tried to change…
Once again he has desires to wear girls’ clothing…
=^_^=


I was moved by their caring, but then Rick said, “But I can’t accept that you’re dating already, and please don’t tell me you’re going to the Prom with him?

I could tell my parents were going to say something to him, but I wanted to speak for myself. “Rick, it has taken me a long time to get the courage to tell you. And I’m surprised things might be moving a little fast, but I’m not going to stop it because of you.”

Rick and Brien both wanted to know if I was going to school tomorrow as Danica. They were relieved to hear I wasn’t.

=^_^=


Harris did tell some of his friends that he hoped he had a date for the prom. I was worried that my brothers thought I and him announced it. After lunch, Brien saw me in the hallway and asked if I told anyone. He was embarrassed and didn’t know what to say when his friend Jacob asked, “What was he saying?” Neither of us answered.

Brien and I then realized problems like this were going to come up. Later when I saw Melanie and her friend Angie; they too were having trouble between them about what wasn’t being said. Angie asked me, “Do you know what it is that Mel isn’t willing to tell me about?”

She sensed I knew and then insisted: “The next to last period the three of us are going to meet in one of the conference rooms in the library.” When Melanie started to say, “Not then or there,” Angie stopped her, “Yes then, or I’ll start a rumor.” She walked to her next class not waiting for our answers.

Melanie and I were on our way to the same class. We agreed we better do as her friend suggested. Melanie suggested that Angie’s guess would likely be accurate. And I needed to decide if I would trust Angie.

We met with Angie, but it was Melanie that put Angie’s friendship on the line. “We need you to trust me! When we’re ready to tell anyone you’ll be one of the first.”

Angie said, “Well I was just speculating because Tim isn’t the loudmouth guy he was since you two became friends.”

I said, “If I wanted to speculate things about you; I’m sure I’d think of something you wouldn’t like. That’s how it is with you about me right now.” Enough was said and we reaffirmed our friendships.
=^_^=

Dad told my brother, “Rick quit teasing Tim. If it works out after their date that Harrison wants to take him as Danica to the prom; things will need to be decided then.”

Rick thinks he’s being nice as he asks, “Brien do you want to room with me instead of Danica?”

Brien looks at me and I wonder if he now feels uncomfortable with me. But he says, “Why he’s the same brother. I’ve known before this. If he wants, he can dress as a girl in our room.”

Rick was surprised and didn’t know what to say.

The next two days at school were kind of normal. Word was out that Harrison might be going to the Prom; there was uncomfortable speculation after that. Melanie told me that Harrison was pretty sure he liked me and wanted me as his date. Thinking of being his date gave me mixed feelings. Whenever I had imagined myself as Danica going on a date. I liked the idea that a boy would find me attractive. But I wanted to be seen as a girl and I that’s not how Harrison is seeing me.

That day after school I went to Melanie’s house and her best friend Hanna was there. She asked me, and it shouldn’t have been a big surprise. Hanna asked, “So Danica, what do you think of dating Harrison, isn’t he a stud?” She saw my surprise and instantly covered herself. “I knew it had to be you. I force Melanie to spill the beans. I’m still her best friend and as such things are safe with me.”

Hanna said, “I knew ever since fifth grade when I saw you as a girl over here. Something happened when you suddenly became good friends after that. You’re still that goofy boy much of the time, but you’ve also become different.”

We were doing some reading together and then Hanna turned to Melanie, then me, and back to Melanie. Something changed in Melanie’s voice. She kind of whispered to me, but it was loud enough that Hanna could also hear that didn’t quite make sense. “Hanna is wondering if Danica would let Hanna see her”

I looked over to her closet and saw an outfit I liked hanging at the front of the closet. I’m sure I was blushing. Hanna asks, “Don’t you think that would be a pretty outfit to model?”

Melanie says, “If you’re willing to try it on; my Mom says you need to use the bathroom to change.”

I was in the bathroom changing when her mother knocked at the bedroom door bringing us hot chocolate. It was a real cold day for spring. “Danica! I’ll bring you a cup of tea just in case.”

I had changed my hairstyle and put on some makeup. Hanna was surprised to see me. “I’ve seen pictures of you before, but I never knew they were of you. I think you’re very cute… I bet however, Harrison sees you and likes what he sees. Melanie says, "You’re not like him, but that you’re doing him a favor.”

She says, “Whether you’re gay or not it’s apparent that you enjoy being a girl.”

“I don’t know how that can be. I’m not very comfortable right now in front of you,” I said.

Melanie says, “I think it’s the effort to look nice as another one of us.” Her mother brings in the cup of tea.

Mrs. Sinclair says, “Very tasteful Danica. Did you go light on the makeup so they could fuss over you and do more?” I hadn’t purposely done that. It did help me to become more comfortable with Hanna when they did. They shaped my nails and use a clear pink tint that made my fingers look good.

I spoke to Melanie saying, “I told Mrs. Deters I would come over and visit her Sunday. I wonder if she expects me to dress like a girl?”

Melanie says, “I think that is a given. If you want you can go over there tomorrow with me. I’ll be giving her some needed attention. You and Harrison can check out some of his baseball and other sports paraphernalia. That’s if he gets there while we are.”

Mrs. Sinclair poke her head back into the room. “Is everyone ready to get going?”

+^_^+


I was the only one surprised a little surprised. We were going to buy myself some clothes and makeup. I had hoped with the attention I got that was all forgotten.

We stopped at a store the next town over. I already knew two students from our school who work there. “Can we please go somewhere else that I won’t be recognized?”

Mrs. Sinclair says, “The prom is just forty days away. You need to get used to not only dressing as a woman but to act like one as well. Melanie says the students from your school who work here can be a big help.”

We hadn’t taken more than six steps in and Tiffany greets us. “Can I help you?”

I tell her, “I need clothes for everyday wear.”

She says, “That is very smart of you. Please know I will be there for you at school if need be.”

I said, “Does everyone know about me?”

“You’ve become Harrison’s new friend when he’s finally talking about going to the Prom. I think only a few people know so far. I also knew you were a good friend of his cousin Melanie here.”

Tiffany pulls me away from others, “I’m sorry, I should have handled this better. I am serious that most people are in the dark about this. But even if and when it becomes known. Everyone thinks so highly of Harrison and his mother battling cancer. Most will be tickled pink that you’re doing it. You can say whatever you want that you’re not seriously liking him. People are already hoping it will be someone nice like you that they can admire… Sorry we’ll need to talk another time if you wish. It looks like you have some shopping to do.”

I liked the suggestions Tiffany made regarding my selections. She encouraged me to consider a nice blue full skirt that hits me just below the knees and a bright spring blouse of orange and yellow, flowers, birds, and bees. The blouse we chose would snuggly fit me and with a light coat, it could be excellent for the baseball game.

Melanie said, “It might be more girly than Harrison would like, but it is darling and you look very well in it.” Melanie helped me to pick another nice outfit for tomorrow, when she said we were going to the Deters. “Mrs. Deters will like how you look in this one. You could consider the dressy designer jeans or an attractive skirt for Sunday.”

It took us over a half hour just to choose the last outfit, which I thought was ridiculous. Melanie and her mother were both happy that I had relaxed and enjoyed trying on so many outfits. Tiffany was very happy about the sale. She complimented the clothes that I bought at other stores. She said, “I can tell Melanie has coached you on shopping as well as fashion.”

We were walking out to leave when Tiffany came running up to us. “Danica, I seriously think you should consider attending the rest of the school year as a girl, a T-girl.”

My Mom had stopped at the Sinclairs to give me a ride home. I thought the visit at the Sinclairs’ was short with little said. Thus, I was surprised that she said, “We should consider Tiffany’s idea, about Danica going to school.”

“Mom, I’m not transgender.”

Mom says, “I accept you saying you’re not gay. But I am not sure transgender is not a better description of you than being a crossdresser. It will, however, be up to you to decide something like that. I just want you to know, I am open to that.”

Story to continue…

up
106 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

With friends like these

She or he needs to be getting rid of a considerable number of "friends" that keep their mouths shut. They'll end up stabbing him/her in the back. People like that always do. Loose lips can result in life-threatening beatings.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

A cad if he doesn't

Jamie Lee's picture

With Mrs. Deters battling cancer, and wanting Harrison going to the prom with a girl, and Melanie and Mrs. Sinclair putting him on the spot, and mom thinking the favor was right, if Tim turn them down and it was discovered by those at school, Tim would be the biggest cad they'd ever known.

Those in the know at school would treat Tim worse than dog poop on a shoe. Some might get it into their heads to teach Tim a lesson.

Now, without a single professional diagnoses of any kind, Tiffany comes out and decides Tim should be Danica as a T-girl at school. And, without any professional advice, mom agrees.

Someone needs to pull Tim away from these nonprofessionals and get him to a qualified professional who specializes in trans gender counseling.

Meanwhile, Tim needs to distance himself from Melanie and Mrs. Sinclair so he stops being volunteered for things before he's given the choice to decide.

Others have feelings too.