A Muddy Mess - 3 Time Changes, but Not Everything

Printer-friendly version


A Muddy Mess - 3
Time Changes, but Not Everything


By Jessica C


A twelve-year-old boy makes a muddy mess of himself…
Stopped for help; bad boy makes it worse…
Time has passed and Tim tried to change…
=^_^=


I should have shared about the name or calling one Darby Sue is unique to a certain community and people from there was a discipline used to modify poor male behavior to bring him back into line. It was their term for a modified form of petticoating. It began back in the mid-1800s. It is indicated here that the Rogers and the Sinclairs are two families that used the discipline. But they were not the only ones. It was known and accepted in the general community, and by-in-large, it was not to shame the person to others.

It was now two years later and I had taken a liking to being around Melanie which was different from when we barely knew each other as classmates. I didn’t dress too much and I was pretty much in control of what and when I did that.

I was in eighth grade when I got in trouble with a teacher. She got in a little bit of trouble when she explained Marti Gras, by having me overtly dressed as a girl. I had acted up in the class a week earlier and took a zero on a quiz. Doing this restored my grade to an ‘A’. I dressed as a girl, overdid my makeup, and had bead necklaces to give out. Someone complained and the teacher was told she and I were too zealous.

It wasn’t until I was sixteen that my being comfortable acting like a girl would be put to a bigger test. There was that Halloween in October when Mom and the Sinclairs, Melanie and her mother, had me use girl clothes for my costume. Our high school had a costume dance. Melanie was a woman superhero and I was dressed with makeup to look like Melanie in regular life.

Melanie had the most fun when someone would complain that I didn’t use much of a costume. And she would say really loud, “You think that’s not much of a costume for him?”

They would respond, “But she can’t be a boy she is too pretty and natural.”

Melanie would pull me skipping away, “Yes, isn’t she.” I got hassled at the Halloween dance when some boys had me dance with them.

Unknown to most, I started to dress in some of Melanie’s old clothes before then. Melanie wasn’t to have known as I had bought some of her clothes that her mother was selling. I had actually bought some items and hid them away.

Melanie approached me as she had wanted one of the items I had taken if I hadn’t worn it... It was two weeks later that Melanie asked, “Did you wear my bluish-grey skirt with my white sweater?” I began to answer before I caught myself and stopped, but she knew I had.

=^_^=


We were in tenth grade by now and she just turned sixteen the week before. Melanie approached me about doing a favor. “You know who Harrison Deters is, don’t you?”

“Dah! Of course, I do.” He’s a football, basketball, and baseball star two grades ahead of us. He’s well-liked in the school. He has some differences that have come to light as he’s grown up. He’s such a good student, a very good athlete, and very well-liked that it hasn’t changed him.

Melanie tells me, “His mother has cancer and is afraid she’s going to die without seeing her son take a girl to the prom.”

Another ‘dah!’, while probably not everyone knows Harrison is gay, nor pushed it in his mother’s face. His mother was again hoping he would take a girl to the prom. “Well, he’s my cousin,” Melanie said, “And I thought of you. My Mom and I talked to him and his Mom, suggesting I could find a boy who liked dressing as a girl sometimes. I told them you even present yourself as a pretty girl.”

“You told them what? How dare you tell them about me?”

Melanie and her Mom stopped me. “No one told them who you are. But both Harrison and his mother are open to the idea.”

Mrs. Sinclair said, “Now Timothy, I talked to your mother and told her we would talk to you about this. So what do you think about dressing up as Danica or Darby Sue?”

I said, “I would definitely not do it as Darby Sue.”

Melanie said, “So okay it will be Danica.”

“Hey!” I said aloud, “I haven’t agreed to do it. I just said I’m not a Darby Sue. My brothers had given me a hard time when I dressed as a girl for Halloween. They still don’t know about me.”

It was a day that Harrison wasn’t home that Melanie and Jodi Sinclair took me to see Christiane Deters, Harrison’s mother. It wasn’t one of her better days as she was undergoing chemotherapy treatments, hoping against hope. I had seen her before at sporting events and around town but that was over a year ago when she looked nice and was thought to be healthy.

I introduced myself, “Hello Mrs. Deters, I’ve seen you before, but I’m sure you can’t remember everyone in town.” She smiled and said she was glad to meet me. I felt bad for her and it was me who said, “I’m the teenager Melanie and her mom told you about. I don’t dress as a girl very much and I haven’t gone out in public.”

Mrs. Sinclair interjects, “It’s not that he couldn’t, because he makes a very pretty girl.” She has me stand and Mrs. Deters looks at me and takes my hand asking me to turn around.

“You have fine features for a boy. You say you have dressed as a girl. Does that mean you like boys?”

“Definitely not,” I said that quickly! Melanie coughed but restrained herself from saying anything at that moment. I calmed down.

She said, “I definitely don’t want to embarrass my son. You would need to be quite presentable as a girl. Would you be willing to dress like a girl so Harrison and I could see you?”

Jodi Sinclair said, “Sis, Melanie brought some clothes that are out in the car. If Timmy would be willing we could have him dressed as a girl in about thirty minutes.”

Mrs. Sinclair apologizes to me for putting me on the spot. I said, “It’s actually better this way before I have time to work myself up and get awfully nervous.”

Melanie goes out to their car to retrieve an outfit. Mrs. Deters gets up thanking me. “I will go put on some water for tea. You could also have a soft drink if you rather. Is it okay if I call Harrison home?”

I went and changed in Mrs. Deters’ room because it also had an attached bathroom. I was surprised when Melanie came in and took the plastic off of her outfit. It was a very pretty knit dress that Melanie got this winter. There was no way I was going to do it justice. I loved it when Melanie wore it. I even dreamed of wearing it but never expected it to happen.

It was a simple enough change. I put on a new pair of panties and wore a pretty bra underneath. I had never worn pantyhose tinted pink, but they did soften my look. Mrs. Sinclair quickly styled my hair as Melanie helped me with the makeup. I wanted to stay with the ordinary lipstick, but Melanie said for the prom you’d need to wear glossy lipstick, so let’s do that.

It was all quickly done and I was afraid it wouldn’t look good until they had me look in a full-length mirror as we went back out. “O my.”

Mrs. Deters came over to have a good look at me. She had just put some small plates and cups on the table. Without a change in expression, she said, “You do make a very attractive young woman, but it takes more than looks to pass.” She had us sit around the table and I was having tea and being in conversation with them.

Melanie whispered to me, “Wet your lips before drinking from the cup.” I forgot why but I did as suggested.

Christiane as she had us calling her, said, “That was really good you didn’t leave a glob of lipstick on the cup.” She commented on my sweeping my skirt under me, my voice like a girl, and keeping a conversation with them. We were visiting when their eyes went looking behind me and over my head.

Harrison spoke, “I got through with practice and came home to check on you, as you asked Mom. I didn’t know you’d have some people over. I thought you hadn’t felt up to it this morning.”

He stepped around my chair and began to say hello to everyone. “I’m Harrison I’m sorry but I don’t know who you are?” He extends his hand as I try to stand. His look changes as he’s wondering who I am.

I introduced myself as Danica. Harrison said, “You make a good-looking girl, but you’re the person my cousin was talking about. I have trouble believing you’re not a real girl trying to deceive me into thinking you’re a boy.”

My voice cracks as I say, “That’s okay because I’m not crazy about the idea.”

He took a hold of me with his hands first on my waist.

“You’re Melanie’s friend Timothy, aren’t you? I once thought of asking you over, but I wasn’t sure how you would react.” It surprised me that Harrison knew who I was let alone thought about me as a possible friend. “I’ve not befriended a guy liking to dress like a girl.”

I said, “Not to offend you, but I was just thinking of dressing as a girl so you might go to the prom as your mother wanted you to please her.”

“So we would go just so a photo is taken? How about dancing and smiling and I being able to have fun and a good time?” Harrison sounded like it wouldn’t be satisfactory for him.

His cousin Melanie speaks up, “Danica can dance and have a good time. She’s even kissed a boy before.” I wish she hadn’t said that. “Why don’t you two go on a date and see if it is possible to enjoy being together.” Melanie says, “You’re open to that aren’t you Danica?”

Harrison looks at me saying, “I’d be willing. It would even be a necessity to make sure it would work. A prom’s too expensive for it to go sour. He’d have to buy a prom dress, shoes and stuff. I’d be paying his ticket and mine, getting a tux and more.”

Christiane Deters said, “I’d like to say I would help pay for the dress. But with all the medical expenses it will be hard enough helping Harrison to go.”

I said, “It’s not like I have a sister or someone I could borrow from. I do have a cousin, but that would require her and others knowing about me.”

Everyone looks at me, and someone says, “Your family doesn’t know about you?”

Harrison says, “You need to go to an LGBT support group. Well, you should go for your own good. I even know a good one the next county over.” Harrison pauses and I’m getting really nervous.

He says, “Forget about the other stuff. I ain’t going to worry about that. Are you willing to dress up and go on a date? We could go see a ball game in the city or something.”

I had hoped Harrison wouldn’t be willing and the gesture would be just that. But I also suspected if Harrison said yes; something like a time out would be needed. It was the beginning of the baseball season so one of the two teams in the city should be playing. I’d like the game idea and there wouldn’t be anyone we knew.

I said, “How about a week from this Saturday?” ‘Hopefully, my mother will say no.’ I turned to Melanie, “You got me into this, so you need to help me in getting something proper to wear.”

=^_^=


Mrs. Deters said, “I made some fish that I can hold down and I need the nourishment. It would be a nice treat to have some company eating. I’m still a good cook, you should enjoy it.”

Mrs. Sinclair agreed for the three of us. She said, “You’ll love her cooking she is a good cook. You three go relax and have some fun. I will help in the kitchen.”

Melanie volunteered, “Two of us can help set the table and clean up.” Harrison said, “I’ve been doing all that and more every night. I could use a break.”

Melanie said, “I was thinking of Danica. She’ll be wanting to get into girl mode again anyway.”

We turned on the TV and Melanie took the single chair with the best view of it. That left the couch. It wasn’t too bad sitting there as Harrison was wanting to get to know me and was good at conversing. He actually got me to talk about the first time I dressed up as a girl and why. He laughed commenting, “But you must have done it some time since then. Melanie was pretty sure you could still look good as a girl.”

Mel said we needed to set the table. I was hoping that would stop the conversation. Harrison didn’t help us but he did come and continue our visit.

When we finally sat down to eat, Harrison told his mother most of the things he learned about me.

When it came time to clean up and clean the dishes Mrs. Deters came out to the kitchen. When the opportunity came up, she asked to talk with me. We were alone for a minute and she asked, “I know you’re a boy and all that. But you seem to converse fairly well as a girl. This is asking more than I have a right to, but I was wondering sometimes if you could come over as Danica and talk to me. It would help you to be speaking as a girl again. And I would enjoy talking to another woman, especially a young high school girl.”

It seemed strange, but then everything about this time seemed strange. I wasn’t intending on saying yes, but I did. I even said, “Seeing how it will be a week from Saturday, we’re going to the ballgame. How about this Saturday or Sunday afternoon if I came over for a visit?” I couldn’t believe I was saying that.

I even turned to Melanie and said, “Would it be okay if I came over to your house to change?” She hadn’t listened in so we had to explain what we agreed to. Melanie had a smile of surprise but quickly said. “You better plan on Sunday afternoon. I’m sure we could help then.”

With everything done, including a good visit we were set to leave. Harrison asked if he could talk to me and so we went into a hallway for privacy. He shook his head, “Tim Martin, I can’t tell you how surprised and thankful I am. I know this might not work out or you might back out. This was really nice that you came over today.”

He gave me a small hug and as I looked up at him. I commented on all his Mom was going through. And then said, “For all you’re going through I haven’t heard of you complaining or say woe with me at school. That’s very impressive.”

=^_^=


On the way back to the Sinclair’s, Melanie and her mother complimented me numerous times. Mrs. Sinclair had also called my mother to pick me up after I changed. I could hear their short conversation about how things went. I guess she had sent my Mom a picture of me.

I went and changed in Melanie’s room, not realizing Melanie was changing in her bathroom to get ready for bed and to finish her studies. I had changed out of everything except my panties. Melanie came in saying, “I think you even impressed my cousin. I didn’t think Harrison was going to agree to it. And then I thought you were going to back out. You actually agreed to do way more, than I would have imagined.

Melanie ponders out loud, “I’m wondering if your mother would be open to taking us shopping Saturday for some clothes for you. My mom’s already agreed to buy two outfits for you.”

I’m quickly saying, “I’m not going to get any kind of a wardrobe again.”

“Do you already have clothes for visiting with Mrs. Deters Sunday and going to a baseball game? What you wore today except for the panties comes back into my wardrobe. You make too pretty of a girl to dress down. If you did that you might be discovered as Tim more easily.”

We’re back down into their living room talking. Mom says, “I’m more than a little shocked at all you’ve agreed to. You impress me to be more mature and considerate than I even thought… I giggled when I heard you considered asking your cousin Cathy about getting some of her old clothes.”

“Your brothers won’t be too surprised about you wearing girl’s clothes. Rick and the others know but have been threatened about giving you a hard time.”

I said, “They know! Is that why they laugh sometimes, but won’t ever say why?”

Mom says, “If they give you a light razzing, then they and you can finally talk about it. They won’t be saying anything to others that is for you to do. Brien is already on your side. You and he have always been close.”

=^_^=


Mom and I are saying goodbye and leaving when Melanie gives me a bag. I’m sure it’s some clothes but I feel some other things. I respond to her saying, “I’m not so sure I should thank you for this or not. You got me into this and I’m more than a little afraid.”

She smiles, “You got yourself into this as a muddy boy. You chose to stop at our house and ask for help.”

The ride home isn’t very long by car. Long enough that Mom reflects, “Are you terribly sorry you got yourself caked with mud now?”

“I didn’t know how much it would cause me to change. Dad had my brothers and I was closer to you. I was glad when Melanie and her mom said that I took after you in looks.”

I could see the glow of her pride from the dashboard lights.

=^_^=


Once in the house, Mom called out, “We’re home!”… There’s a short pause, “I want everyone in the living room!” Dad was already coming to see us. Rick was home from college tonight. Brien came bouncing down the stairs and hugged me as he does while asking, “How was your night?” He sniffed in and held it.

I was sure he smelled a fragrance of some sort from when I was in Melanie’s room or maybe her clothes.

Mom had us all sit down before she was going to tell us what she had to say. “Your Dad and I wanted all of you on the same page. It’s just for us right now, but I expect others will come to know. Tim sees himself as a girl, Danica, as well as himself.”

I speak up intending to correct her. “I just like wearing girls’ clothes sometimes. I don’t…”

Mom says, “You can tell them what you want. But you become too much of a girl to say less. He dressed up as a girl tonight, trying to do someone a favor. It was a favor I thought was right but wouldn’t be accepted. That favor was to go to the prom with someone with him going as Danica.”

“The upper classman’s mother hoped he’d get to the prom with a girl, but the boy is gay. She is very sick and does not do well. Tim isn’t gay but he did offer to go to the prom with him. He dresses quite convincingly as a girl and will appear to be an attractive high school girl. Well, Harrison… oops. I didn’t intend to say a name, but he didn’t say, “No. They’re going out a week from Saturday to see if they get along.”

“You might be seeing Danica sometimes around the house. She needs experience just dressing and living as a girl.” Mom came over to me and put her hands on my shoulders. Then she asked, “Does anyone have a question for Tim?”

My father spoke up, “We’ll be calling your older brother. He and Amanda knew this was coming and Amy’s acceptance has actually made it easier for your brother to accept. I expect they’ll be here this weekend to meet Danica.”

Rick is blatant about it, “Hey Tim, I thought you were a weakling sissy. But you have more courage than I do. If it’s Harrison Deters, you’re going with. I could see a girl seeing him as a stud. I just thought you liked dressing in girls’ clothes. I didn’t know you’re a homo.”

“I’m not gay!”

Mom and Dad both spoke up, telling Rick to be quiet and sit down.

He said, “I didn’t mean anything negative, he knows me. I just said it as I see it. I’ll be okay with it.”

Brien says, “We’ve kind of talk around this Tim. You know I’m your best friend as well as your brother. I don’t fully understand it and I’m not quite sure what to say. Dad and Mom told us before, but I searched your stuff and found no indication it was true.” He paused like he wasn’t sure if he wanted to say something. “If Melanie’s becoming a better friend had anything to do with it. I’m not sure if I should thank her for being a better sister than I’ve been a brother. I just hope it’s not because she leads you that way.”

I stood up to hug Brien and when we hugged I broke down and cried. Mom and Dad and then even Rick came and hugged us.

To be continued…

up
114 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Complex!

Glenda98's picture

The situation is getting complex for Tim, This was supposed to be a favour for just the prom night. He is doomed, the inevitable trip to the shops, hairdressers and beautician’s will seal his fate.

Glenda Ericsson

Put on the spot by others

Jamie Lee's picture

Getting muddy was considered getting in trouble, which got Tim forced to dress and act like a girl. Complaining or doing what he wanted made things worse.

Now because of his time being force to present as a girl, Mrs. Sinclair, Melanie, and mom think any time they need a girl for something, or a favor requiring a girl, Tim will jump at the chance to be Danica again.

Because of their attitudes they put Tim on the spot more times than not, just as they've done in this chapter.

This time, Tim is between a rock and a hard place. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he doesn't do as Mrs. Deters would like, he'll be thought of as inconsiderate, selfish, only thinking of himself. If he does it, they will continue putting him on the spot because he's done it before.

Just because Tim likes to wear girls clothing doesn't give them the right to decide for him when Danica will be around. And it doesn't give them the right to put him in a position of being looked down on if he doesn't do what they've decided he'd do.

In Tim's defense, mom and the others need to back off and let Tim make the decision for himself. And at the same time find a professional he can talk with about Tim and Danica.

Others have feelings too.