Stand By Your Woman Part 14

Printer-friendly version

Just before Sara boards the yacht, she stops and yells up towards the deck “ahoy! Permission to come abroad?”

Ralph was checking the deck out when he heard a female voice. He had seen white smoke down on the pier and that had piqued his attention. He looks down and spots a young, short black hair woman wearing some sort of form-fitting bodysuit.

“Who are you and why are you here?” He walks down towards the deck.

“I’m Sara Jefferson and I have a message for Casey Hollander and her wife, from her uncle Bounty.” Sara tries to breathe easy with her broken ribs.

Ralph just looks at the Filipino woman standing on the pier. She was dressed in something that looks like it was from Agents of Shield.

“Alright, you have permission to come abroad.” Ralph steps aside to let the young lady onto the yacht.

“Thanks.” Sara walks abroad and is amazed at how big the yacht was.

Ralph leads Sara to one of the main rooms. He looks at her “wait here, while I inform Mrs. Hollander.”

“No problem.” Sara didn’t mind waiting.

She watches as Ralph walks out of the room she was in. When he leaves, she checks the charge on her wrist shooter. She still had half a charge left, before she needed to recharge the bracelet.

Ralph heads towards the kitchen where he knew Casey and her wives were having breakfast. He walks in and spots them eating with the kitchen staff.

“Casey, we have a person on board that says she was sent by your uncle Jack.” Ralph grabs a fresh muffin.

“Did she say what it is about?” Casey was curious why her uncle would send someone to deliver a message.

“Nope, but I bet it has something to do with the white smoke on the pier earlier.” Ralph takes a bite from the muffin.

“What white smoke?” Leslie looks at Ralph.

“There was a thick cloud of white smoke down on the pier, not too far from us. However, it dispersed pretty quickly.” Ralph would like to know if the young lady had anything to do with it.

“We better talk to this person and find out if she had anything to do with the cloud.” Leslie was curious.

“Well, she’s waiting in the main room.” Ralph finishes eating the muffin he grabbed.

“Alright.” Casey starts heading towards the room.

“I wonder why your uncle sent someone to us?” Leslie was walking behind her wife. Charlotte had stayed in the kitchen area.

“Who knows. It must be important for my uncle to send a person.”

They walk into the room and spot a young Filipino woman wearing a form-fitting bodysuit. She didn’t look very old. She walks up to the young woman “hi, I’m Casey Hollander. This is my wife, Leslie Hollander.”

A smile appears on Sara’s face “I’m Sara Jefferson and it's nice to meet you, Mrs. Hollander.”

Leslie smiles at Sara “so, how do you know my wife’s uncle?”

“I work for him. He sent me to let you know that your family is at war with two organizations called the Hunter organization and the HSL organization. I stopped three of their agents on my way here, but you need to keep an eye out for others.”

“Why are they coming after my family?” Casey was curious.

“I don’t know ma’am. That is something you’ll have to ask your uncle about. All I do know, is your going to need to watch your back and head back to England as soon as you can. Your uncle also said to use whatever force you need to, to defend yourself.”

“That doesn’t sound good.” Leslie wonders why they were coming after her new family.

“Is that all he sent you to deliver to me?” Casey wonders why her uncle didn’t just text her.

“Yes ma’am. That was all and after running into those agents on the pier. I would take the message seriously. I don’t know who these people are, but if your uncle has declared war with them, then things are going to get messy.” Sara knew Mr. Bounty was good at what he did.

“Beep! Beep!”

“What was that?” Leslie looks at Sara for an answer.

“That was to let me know, my associate has arrived and is waiting on me.”

“Your associate?” Casey had a puzzled look on her face.

“Yeah, I got hurt during the attack. It’s taking everything I have and the pain pills I popped into my mouth from passing out.”

“What happened?” Leslie was curious.

“One of the agents I fought, managed to get a good punch in and broke two of my ribs.”

“Ouch!” Casey knows how that feels.

“Yeah, so I’ll see you, ladies, later.” Sara turns and leaves the yacht.

Leslie and Casey watch as Sara leaves. Leslie wonders what they should do next.

“We better check with Charlotte and see if she has finished the business she had before we leave.”

“I agree.” Casey was thinking about what they should do.

Out in the Parking Lot:
Sara spots the mobile medical unit Alice uses. It was an Rv that has been equipped to do triage out in the field. She spots Henry in the driver's
seat. She walks around to the passenger side and enters. As she enters “hey Henry.”

“Hey, Sara. What did you do to yourself now?” Henry knew Sara had the habit of getting hurt.

“I think I have two broken ribs.”

“Then get back here, so I can check you out. Henry, head back to operations.”

“I’m coming. Stop being so bossy.” Sara starts shimming out of her bodysuit.

“If you didn’t get hurt as much as you do, I wouldn’t be so bossy.” Alice saw the huge purple and yellow bruise on the right-hand side of Sara’s body.

She pats the examination table for Sara to sit on. She turns and gets everything she needed to fix Sara.

“I only get hurt, because it gives you something to complain about.” Sara watches Alice.

Sara feels the Rv move as Henry heads back to their base of operations. She hopes they are going to stay in California for a while. She’s been enjoying seeing her family again.

Alice turns back around with the new medical device they got from Blake's medical research. So, far it has come in handy with the injuries Sara and some of the others have received. Alice holds the device close to Sara’s body and scans her with it.

“That’s a new toy.” Sara looks at the device as Alice scans her.

“I just got it a few months ago. It’s still experimental.” Alice sees the cracks in Sara’s ribs.

“Well, you were right. You have two broken ribs. I’m going to set them and bandage you up.” Alice turns the device off.

Sara braces herself, as Alice sets her ribs. She keeps from screaming out as Alice wraps her chest.

“Did you take those pain pills you carry around?” Alice knew Sara carried some specially formulated pain pills with her.

“Yep.”

“Well, I recommend you take the rest of the day off and let them do their work.”

“That sounds like a good idea.” Sara puts her bodysuit back on.

After forty minutes, the Rv pulls into a nondescript warehouse. Henry parks it next to a mobile command unit. Sara steps out of the Rv and over to the mobile command one. She punches in her access code and walks inside.

“How are things down at the pier?” Sara looks towards Billy.

“Everything is alright, right now. How are your ribs?” Billy turns around in her chair, to look at her wife.

“Broken as I thought. Alice patched me up and gave me a lecture about getting hurt.” Sara walks over to Billy.

“Well, she is right. You need to be more careful or you're going to be in a lot of pain as you get older. This is the sixth time you have been
injured.” Billy looks up into Sara’s eyes.

“I’ll try to be safer next time. I think I might need a new bodysuit. These things are supposed to absorb kinetic energy from bullets and such.”
Sara figures it was time to upgrade her wardrobe.

“Well, I’m still on duty. Also, we have a dinner appointment with my folks tonight.”

“No problem. I’ll head back to our apartment and get ready.” Sara places a kiss on Billy’s cheek, before leaving afterward.

up
121 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Mr. Bounty

WillowD's picture

Mr. Bounty sure has a lot of friends, family and employees.

Thanks for the chapter.

Networking during his spy days

Jack's family is big. Jack's grandmother and grandfather had twelve children. He's part Irish, English and American. His mother is American, but her family came from Scotland and Sweden. She also is a quarter Native American, but holds dual citizenship with Ireland and the United States. Jack's father was Irish and English. His Uncle Seamus is Irish and Scottish and is Casey's grandfather. Jack and Casey are really cousins, but most people think he's her uncle.

Jack is also in his seventies, where Cheshire was in her late sixties. As for employee's and where his wealth comes from Jack's family is old money. His ancestors were involved in the gold rush and other ventures. Plus, he inherited a lot of it and came across the money during his spy days and invested the money into business ventures. He also, took the money the Cartels had and uses it to fund his operations.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison