Ignorance is No Excuse for Hating Someone Part 7

Printer-friendly version

Bishop Henri Residence, Brooklyn, New York:
“What are we looking for, Hatter?” Shade looks over towards Aylin as they sneaked around inside Bishop’s Henri’s place.

Carla, himself and Aylin were sent by Anika to Bishop’s Henri’s place. He couldn’t believe they were searching a holy man’s place.

“Concealed vaults, ledgers, anything that ties Bishop Henri to the Hunter organization.” Carla was helping.

“We already know he is the one that ordered the hit against Mrs. Bounty’s family and associates.” Hatter tossed a bible she had flipped through.

Touching it brought back bad memories of when she was in the mental hospital. One of the patients that were in her wing, was a religious nutcase. He kept on saying God was going to save him and strike the sinners in the place with lightning.

He got struck by lightning alright. The doctor fired his mind so bad with electricity, that he needed a nurse to tend to his daily needs. She keeps searching the Bishop's place and finally found what they were looking for. The ledgers were in Italian and Latin.

There was also a private laptop and a few other things, including money and some sort of gold coins. Shade was curious when he finds the coins. They had a cross on one side and the image of a man on the other side.

“Hey Carla, what do these coins represent?” Shade holds up one.

Carla looks up from some ledgers she was looking through. She spots Shade holding up a gold coin “those are given out for special payments
for jobs and services. There are some places and services that don’t accept paper money and such.”

“So, how much are they worth?” Shade was curious because no one he knew used them.

“Whatever the current gold price is right now. Those coins weight one ounce and are pure gold.” Carla had a few she couldn’t use any more.
She was given them by her former employers.

Shade pockets one while taking the rest. Between the three of them. They have plenty to sort through and examine. They did find the approval
of taking the Bounty family out given to the Bishop from Cardinal Zenoan Sodano.

“Hey, Carla, who is Cardinal Sodano?” Shade wonders who he was.

“He’s one of the Cardinal’s that oversees the Hunter organizations here on the East coast.”

“How many are there?” Hatter was getting bored.

“Ten on the East Coast. At least four of them here in the northern region.” Carla still wants to destroy them.

Carla, Hatter, and Shade head back to a safe house Jack kept in New York City with everything. Dakota brought the twins over for Gina to meet the little girls. They also help Terry with how he was feeling as well.

Gina and Ankia look at all the stuff Carla, Hatter and Shade brought back with them. A lot of it was in Latin.

“This is going to take a while to translate.” Gina knew Italian and Latin.

“You can say that again.” Anika knew the language as well.

“Luckily, you ladies have me.” Carla could read the ledgers, the notes and everything else they found.

Shade and Hatter go and grab food for everyone. Shade knew a place that wasn’t far from the safe house. He and Hatter ride their motorcycles over to it.

The Bounty Ranch:
Dinner was being served in the main house for everyone who had helped out defending the ranch. Even Sofia and her crew were invited and were sitting at the table. To them, this will be a snack, but it was a nice gesture from Mr. Bounty.

Jack had been in his office talking with Debbie, Julia, Robert, and Alex. He even had Cheshire on the line with them. She had some unwanted visitors, that almost became kitty food for Shur-Khan. She was informed about his niece Casey and her new wife Leslie over on the big island and them being kidnapped.

The information he got from the prisoners, hadn’t been what he wanted to hear. The military weapons and vehicles they used against him, were supplied by members of Hunter’s organization that were serving in the United States Military. They were given orders by the regional director of the Hunter Organization. A fellow by the name of Ed Crocker.

Jack knew the man personally. The Crocker family was old money and have tried to buy some of his companies, but every time the man tried,
he would fail. The other information he learned from them was that they thought his family was Were-Wolves. Jack got a laugh out of that. The man had to be drunk or suffering from insanity. However, the second and third person he interrogated said the same thing. They thought his family was supernatural creatures.

The ones he didn’t kill were picked up by his special team and taken to one of the black ops jail facilities. Jack was curious and wonder if what the people told him was true? Was this a new danger he needs to be prepared for?

“Something wrong. Daddy?” Julia noticed her father was thinking about something.

“Everything fine, sweetie. Let’s go ahead and enjoy dinner.” Jack puts a smile on his face.

Julia takes one more look at her father, before enjoying the meal Selina and her sisters made. Her adopted son was sitting in between her and
Christmas. Haylee was sitting next to her and Catori was sitting on the other side of Christmas.

Arabella was sitting next to her father and their guest was sitting opposite each other at the end of the table near Debbie. The twins had been feed and were up in their playroom.

“So, what is our next move, father?” Julia looks at her father.

“I don’t know right now, but its payback time.” Jack already knew what he was going to do.

A message was going to be sent, telling Croacker that he was next on Jack’s revenge list. Jack was getting tired of his home coming under attack all the time. People should know by now, not to attack his home.

Julia and Christmas’s House:
Julia and Christmas take their children home after dinner and tuck them in. When Julia is tucking Chayton into bed.

“Mom, are we going to be alright?” Chayton was a little worried.

“We’ll be fine, sweetie. We have the wolves patrolling the grounds and the house is set up, just like your grandfathers. Plus, people would have
to be stupid to attack here with me home.” Julia places a kiss on Chayton’s forehead.

Texas comes walking into Chayton’s bedroom and jumps up onto his bed. Texas was one of the younger wolves and was watching after
Chayton. Chayton snuggles down under the blankets.

Julia heads towards Haylee and Catori's bedroom. They were sharing a bedroom together. Roxy was up on Haylee’s bed. Catori was holding Amber next to her.

Amber was a little coywolf that Haylee found out on the property. She had found Amber and three others that had been abandon by their mother. Haylee figured that they might be the offspring of one of the wolves, but it turned out they weren’t. All the male wolves on the property are neutered.

Jack was strict on which of his wolves could be allowed to reproduce. Trigger was neutered and she wasn't one of Jack’s wolves.

“How are you, girls?” Julia looks at Haylee and Catori.

“We’re fine mom.” Haylee was holding Roxy.

“How about you Catori?” Julia glances at her youngest.

Catori shakes her head yes. Amber was curled up next to her chest. She has come to trust Mrs. Bounty and her wife.

“Well, if you get scared in the middle of the night. Just come and jump in my bed or sleep with Haylee.” Julia places a kiss on Catori’s forehead as well and leaves the bedroom. She leaves the door partially crack for the girls.

Gina and Arnold’s House:
“Hi, mom!” Arabella smiles at her mother’s picture on the monitor in her computer room.

“Hi, sweetie. Is everything okay at home?”Gina was worried about her family.

“Everything is fine mom. Grandpa, Uncle Alex, Uncle Robert, Aunt Julia, and Grandma took the attackers down. Grandpa had some help from
some people that live a couple of miles from us. We lost a few of the wolves and some of them were hurt. The Cadmus clan is alright.” Arabella reaches down next to her and scratch Cadmus senior. Trigger was laying down at her feet.

“How many did we lose?”

“I don’t know, mom. You’ll have to ask Grandpa.”

“How is your father?” Gina was concerned about her husband as well.

“He’s fine. Let me get daddy in here.” Arabella switches to the intercom and presses it.

“Dad, mom’s on Skype.”

“Alright, I’m on my way.” Arnold puts his pen down and heads towards Arabella’s computer room.

He walks into Arabella’s computer room and saw Gina’s smiling face on the computer screen. He looks towards Arabella. “thanks, sweetie.”

“Love you, mom.” Arabella snaps her fingers and the wolves get up and follow Arabella to her bedroom. She shuts the door that connects her bedroom, to her computer room.

Arabella wanted to give her mother and father some privacy. She knows how much her father missed her mother. She gets undress and slips her nightgown on.

Arnold talks with Gina for a while, before they bring Jack and Cheshire in on the conversation. Gina shares the records she found and what she has translated so far. She had help from Anika and a former Hunter agent. Gina gives her father a complete profile of Carla and informs him she has inside information about the organization.

up
183 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The head of the Hunters

Samantha Heart's picture

Just made a GRAVE mistake. Now Cheshire is involved they pissed her off as well. So they not only did they piss the BIG WOLF, but the BIG CAT as well. Soooo yeah. Jack has NOTHING to do with supernatural creachures, however there are some that live 2 miles from him.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

WW III

Splatter proof raincoat - Check.
Umbrella - Check.
BIG bowl of Popcorn - Check.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!

Gumby - I'm flexible

"Imagination is more important, than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
new discoveries, is not ‘Eureka!’, but ‘that’s funny…’” - Isaac Asimov

Hunter Intel or the lack there of

The Hunters THINK Jack etal. are supernatural?? I want some of what they are smoking.

Gumby - I'm flexible

"Imagination is more important, than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
new discoveries, is not ‘Eureka!’, but ‘that’s funny…’” - Isaac Asimov

Hell approaches on two and four legs

Jamie Lee's picture

The Hunters missed the mark by two miles, two miles which has now stirred up a hornet's nest which will now become hunters with a purpose.

It is possible when the dust settles the Church will be short a few management clergy, and Jack one less competitor.

Maybe the Bountys and Rim Rock should get together and clean house on two continents.

Others have feelings too.